Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The aran Islands?

• 06-05-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

A gang of us are considering heading out to inis mor in june for a weekend.

Can anyone recommend anywhere??

Is it really as mad as everyone says (pubs not closing etc.)

Should we bother?

Tell all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Declanp71

Well my house mate is from inis mor and he works in a pub on the island for the weekends..

And i can tell u now for a fact that the pubs do not stay open all night.. but they do have discos sometimes..

There is a campin site where you can pitch ur tent, i heard it is a very good laugh and well worth the trip..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Pubs are good craic. Be sure to get away from the village and see the island though, a bit of cycling, archaeology and surfing should get you good and thirsty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yup, good craic if the weather allows it. Joe Mac's is a good pub imo.
    More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Things to do in the Aran Islands... never come back to the mainland, stay there if you can, they're great! You'll get sucked in, magical place.

Advertisement