Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet on Nokia E51

• 06-05-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Nokia E51 and when I press the Vodafone Live button it says "Connecting Via Eircom" and it fails if WIFI is not available. Is there a specific number that I need to use in the Access point?
    Also, how much does it cost to use the internet on a phone?

Thanks.

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You are connecting through Wifi. You need to be connecting with Vodafones network to access 'live'.

You need to change the connection:
    Menu > Tools > Settings >Connection > Access points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Does anyone know if it is possible to use an E51 as a dongle to connect to my eircom wireless modem. I have an old computer that doesn't have wireless capability and it's not near the modem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

chughes wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to use an E51 as a dongle to connect to my eircom wireless modem. I have an old computer that doesn't have wireless capability and it's not near the modem.
    Not that I'm aware of.

If it is possible, tell me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Hi - hope I'm not hijacking the thread bt I have a similar ( but different) problem

Have a e51 and it will find Wireless, will connect but then when you try access internet you eventually get " no gateway reply"

It did work one when new at home, and also when in Estonia

on Meteor

ANy ideas ? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

hey guys, im on the 1gb vodafone addon and i just set up internet on my e51 no bother by doing the following...

1..tools-settings-connection-acess point
    2.connection name is vodafone
    3.data bearer is packet data
    4.acess point name is hs.vodafone.ie or isp.vodafone.ie, whichever you prefer
    5. username vodafone
    6. password prompt no
    7.password vodafone

go to web icon on phone and go to settings and select the vodafone access point you created and i was good to go..

i actually downloaded opera mini then and its alot faster than the nokia browser provided..hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Whats the difference between hs.vodafone.ie and isp.vodafone.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whats the difference between hs.vodafone.ie and isp.vodafone.ie?

hs.vodafone is for HSDPA like for their 3G mobile broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

ive had a couple phones now and used hs.vodafone.ie instead isp. and i personally find it quicker so i recommend using this..its included in the 1gb promo plan vodafone do

Advertisement