Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low FPS with gtx 295

• 06-05-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi

Found out recently annoying thing when I enter SW my framerate goes down to 27fps.

Playin in 1900x1280 (or whatever the hi definition res is).

Got i7, gtx 295 and 6gb of ram. Anyone had similar problem or know sollution to that ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

Just when you enter stormwind?

Maybe your comp is just too good xD

WoW is like 6 years old now, and for most old games new PCs sometimes get lower frame rates than the graphic cards the Game was initially Built around, even though they are new and can handle let’s say crysis with a 1000 fps, anyways I really don't know.

How long have you had that rig and how long has it been happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Are you using a duel monitor's that can really lower your fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you got the right drivers installed?

Also, i had a similar problem when i got my 295, i had to reinstall the game to get it sorted, so make sure you backup all the patches you need and all your addons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

This is a knowen issue with WoW and a Duel GPU gfx card's(radeon 4870x2 suffers also), WoW actually doesn't support SLI and seeing as this card is SLI in essence WoW will be running poorly, you can disable a GPU via settings while playing WoW and some people say this causes a FPS increase, but this makes the 295 terrible for WoW, and just terrible value for money. People also state if using vista, disable windos aero....this is done in the personalise menu > windows colour and appearance > Open classic colour > selece vista basic over aero

Seeing as I play wow alot but I also wanted top of the line gfx I got 2x gtx 285's off a buddy of mine for only €360 (lucky me hehe) so as such I gain the benifit of the best single GPU card for games such as WoW and get better than 295 performance on games such as crysis etc when I activate SLI.

There is also the fact that quad SLI (295x2) is very very buggy, just look up tests on youtube, you get flicker in game.... 2x gtx 285 is about 15 fps behind 2x gtx 295 and does not suffer with flicker.

Bottom Line: If you want to play WoW at insane FPS, dont get a duel GPU gfx card, turn V-sync off, remove all Addons and try again, reinstal all WoW and prob most importantly get a very good cpu(I'v got an i7 920 Oc'ed to 4.0Ghz and I would suggest for WoW get a OC to at least 3.4 as WoW is very very cpu and memory dependent), ram (1600 Mhz memory is a must in my eyes also), and Hard Drive ( a good 7200 rpm+ HD with a 32+mb cache helps alot in gaming) The above about WoW being CPU and ram dependent is Blizzards words not mine

P.s shader in WoW on full in the settings will suck fps off any gfx card, however with all my settings past full (yeah you can use /setconsol macros to make the gfx better than the sliders allow, look it up on you tube under " how to increase wow graphics) I will run around on 40-150 fps, during raids I never drop below 60 and my lowest recorded fps since I build this rig was 38 in dalleran on first few day's of PTR where there was like 700+ people spamming AoE and walking around an ****.

I hope this post was helpful.

Advertisement