Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Levelling Spec - Warrior

• 06-05-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Anyone know of a decent talent spec while levelling for a warrior. Built up 5 talent points so far but unsure where to put them. I'm thinking stay out of prot as long as possible as I need to level fast?

What do you guys think :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

FURY FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I don't know if it's the right way to do it or not but when I was levelling my warrior I was arms mostly with a nice hefty two hander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I use wowwiki. Simply type in the class build into search and see what comes up, I've used it now for my new 7 characters on outland

Example:

Death Knight Builds
    Warlock Builds

Then you will get a result with specs from all different trees, pvp, pve the works.

well work checking out.

i personally have an app for my ipod touch that is essentially a talent tree programme. You can make your specs then save them.

I just manually put in pretty much all builds there is and saved them:) Cause im a nerd,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Yeah go arms for a while it has nice talents like cheaper heroic strike improved rend and more rage on charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Imp rend?

GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Arms is the best for leveling, fury is the best for end game.

Arms is less gear dependant. Fury is heavily dependant on gear, you need to stack a lot of hit.

Don't get rend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I personally think prot is the best for levelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Rend is actually pretty useful these days, it's damage adds up especially at lower levels and it has some shiny procs now in arms...

Seriously, some of you guys need to keep up with the times :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Xyo wrote: »
    I tried prot at low levels, but the reduced damage just wasn't worth it. I went with Arms and respecced at about level 50, at which point Prot rocks for levelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Arms is the best for leveling, fury is the best for end game.

Arms is less gear dependant. Fury is heavily dependant on gear, you need to stack a lot of hit.

Don't get rend ;)

Koda Blue Restaurant, Patch 3.1.2 called and left a pretty abusive message about how you guys dont talk anymore.

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    Iamxavier, Patch 3.1.2 called and left a pretty abusive message about how you guys dont talk anymore.

Arms has, and always will be the best leveling spec for warriors... Simple as.

If blizzard have introduced a lot of fury gear at the lower levels then it might be feasible.

I specced prot at about level 45, went to some instances and leveled a lot faster :) Quests are the fastest way to level now a days.

You can't quest as prot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

It's like wearing two condoms during sex...you just last longer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i leveled dk to 80 as blood/unholy.

then leveled my prot war from 70 -80 as prot

currently leveling my hunter from 70 -80 (hes 78)

im flyin along with the hunter but i honestly think i leveled as prot on my warr fastest. pulin packs of about 5 and spell reflect = win

You can't quest as prot?

Of course you can, but it is a lot slower and quite annoying :(

I would argue that the lack of downtime more than makes up the time it takes to kill a mob. Plus you're ready made to tank instances as you level.

I think leveling as prot only becomes viable at 40+ with the addition of shield slam, other than that your just hindering yourself.

I would argue that the lack of downtime more than makes up the time it takes to kill a mob. Plus you're ready made to tank instances as you level.

You will have downtime with all warrior specs.
    I think leveling as prot only becomes viable at 40+ with the addition of shield slam, other than that your just hindering yourself.

Very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

An arms warrior with decent gear can quite often 2-3 shot a mob and take very minimal damage before requiring a heal.

A prot warrior with the correct trinket can chain block to regain large chunks of health, when very little was lost anyway.

Fury warriors have bloodthirst, bloodcraze and I believe some other one that I cant be bothered looking up right now - which provide them with a healthy amount of health regeneration all-the-while doing a very sizeable damage output which means they take very little damage.

Warrior downtime is one of the lowest of all classes once you get past a certain level (depending on spec) if you find that this is not the case... then you are doing something wrong.

Furthermore, you really do not need to be prot spec'd to tank instances while leveling. Keep a spare set of health gear and dont tank instances too far out of your level range and you will never have a problem.

True, even at level 80, with a decent healer you can tank as arms or fury ;) (normals only)

I believe that DK's have the least amount of downtime of all classes. From playing all classes (not all specs), Warrior is up there with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I leveled my warrior to outland as arms, then when prot from there. Never really bothered questing as i would just spam instances, but what quests i have done as prot there is absolutley no downtime and is great for grinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Thanks for the input guys, have been speccing Arms with a small amount in select fury talents and find that while my dps is reasonable I seem to be using up quite alot of bandages and foods in between fights. Also taking on multiple mobs at the mo is abit of a no no so have to resort to smaller groups.

Might change to prot now as although it's gonna be slower levelling I'm thinking my survivability is gonna be higher so can pull more groups at once which might balance it out. Also I can sell the linen cloth that I dont use for bandages.

What do you guys think?

Nah dont change to prot till at least lvl 40 and linen is dead cheap and as a warrior you will need max first aid at all times. Wool is were the gold is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

QFT, First Aid is a must for warriors and if you have the inclination cooking and fishing. It might seem like a chore at lower levels but it'll save you buying food in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

You want to go arms, take poleaxe specialization and get ready to play whack-a-mole once you start filling out the talent tree.
    Since 3.1, I've actually starting DPSing in arms as opposed to fury. Its very fun and once you've got a nice 2hander, you're half way there.
    Remember, the slower the weapon, the better ; )

Advertisement