Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street couple Leanne Battersby and Peter Barlow will tie the knot later this year, according to reports.

The pair's wedding is expected to air on screen in December to coincide with the Weatherfield soap's 50th anniversary celebrations.

According to the Daily Star, the new storyline will begin when former call girl Leanne, played by Jane Danson, pops the question to her partner at the Rovers Return.

After dropping down on one knee in front of fellow pub patrons, Leanne reportedly says: "I know I'm a nightmare and can be a stroppy cow at times, but Peter will you do me the immense honour of marrying me?"

Recovering alcoholic Peter (Chris Gascoyne) apparently replies by saying: "I will if you will."

Coronation Street's bosses have so far revealed few details about the programme's anniversary plans, though series producer Kim Crowther recently teased that it would be based around a "big event".

Speaking to DS earlier this month, she commented: "It's just that the event may change! This is the ongoing discussion - it's still being debated and would have to be part of the story which is building."

Leanne has been involved in an on-off relationship with Peter since he returned to Weatherfield in November 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Can't bear Dev & Sunitta! Get on with it for Gods sake

EDIT - I take it back. That scene at the front door hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Why the hell do they keep bringing back Tyrone's mother - she is absolutely dire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Why the hell do they keep bringing back Tyrone's mother - she is absolutely dire...

She brings a touch of glamour to the street all the same. Hope she gives Molly a good slap before she leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I'll go along with that as long as Molly's retaliation is swift and fatal. Even Coronation Street shouldn't have to stand for acting like that.

• Advertisement

Has Jackie been to visit Deirdre yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jeez that Keith Duffys character is annoying. I really want to smack him in the face. Or maybe its KD himself:(:confused::eek:?????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

jimmyw wrote: »
    Jeez that Keith Duffys character is annoying. I really want to smack him in the face. Or maybe its KD himself:(:confused::eek:?????????????????????????

Ditto, hes such a smarmy git!:mad:
    Im sorry but I did like Becky but her character lately is such a pain in the h0le, not due to the miscarriage story but since new years her charcter is gone so whiney and irritating.

ugggg the whole show is gone to sh7t now blanche is gone:(

Tracy Barlow will return to Corrie to frame innocent murder suspect Gail McIntyre - in exchange for freedom.
    Tracy, played by Kate Ford, is serving 15 years in prison for murdering lover Charlie Stubbs in 2007.

But when Gail (formerly Platt) is held on remand over the death of hubby Joe, Tracy is offered an early release deal in exchange for extracting a confession.

So Gail finds herself sharing a cell with Tracy. Deirdre and Ken's evil daughter then sets about manipulating Gail into opening up - before twisting her words in a bid to send her down.

Tracy reappears on screen in May, begging her jail governor to allow her to attend the funeral of grandma Blanche.

But after getting out for the day, she gets a taste for freedom.

Meanwhile, Gail (Helen Worth) is on remand in the same prison suspected of killing Joe, who died trying to fake his death in an insurance scam.

A Corrie source said: "With just three weeks until the trial, police tell Tracy they're willing to do a deal if she can get some new evidence, or a confession, from Gail."

Tracy jumps at the chance and the cops arrange for them to become cellmates.

Our source continued: "Viewers will have forgotten how manipulative Tracy is. She'll convince Gail they need to trust each other and offers to watch her back."

It's not long before Gail is opening up about Joe's death.

But Tracy keeps a mental note of all Gail is saying so she can twist the words for police.

Kate, 32, who quit Corrie in 2007, agreed to reprise her role after assurances her return would be dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

That can't be right? A cell confession would never stand up in court...They'll make it ridicolous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I read in a similar article somewhere that Gail ends up being accused of a second murder. The article seemed to suggest that Tracy ends up getting Gail stitched up for Charlies murder too. Can't figure out how mind you.

Glad tracy is coming back. Good actress. Good character. And not too unpleasant on the eye either.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I read in a similar article somewhere that Gail ends up being accused of a second murder. The article seemed to suggest that Tracy ends up getting Gail stitched up for Charlies murder too. Can't figure out how mind you.

The idea of Gail murdering Charlie is ridiculous. FFS, whats next; Gail to be accused of having locked Anne Malone in the freezer

A CONTROVERSIAL new plot line in Corrie will see squaddie Gary Windass go AWOL because he fears being blown up in Afghanistan.

New recruit Gary, played by Mikey North, has a crisis of confidence after seeing a fellow soldier lose both legs and an arm while serving his country.

He decides to flee his barracks and return home to Weatherfield before he's sent out to the warzone. Copper-haired Gary collapses into his mum's arms and sobs: "I'm a coward!"

Viewers will see his parents initially hide petrified Gary when Army bosses come looking for him. But dad Eddie eventually decides he has to turn his son in.

The storyline - which begins next month and runs into May - is a major departure for the ITV1 soap, which has always steered clear of political issues.
    Producers are understood to have liaised with Ministry of Defence officials before going ahead with the new story.

A Street source said: "A lot of planning went into this plot as we like to feel we never shirk sensitive issues. We are conscious that barely a week goes by without some terrible news breaking that a soldier has lost his life or has been horrifically injured."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

What actually happens in these circumstances? I mean I know a deserter get court marshalled and dishonourable discharge, but could Gary wind up in prison again for this?

Oh God. Another one for Weatherfield Nick. He could share a cell with Gail, Tracey and Tony.
    He wouldn't have to prove his courage in any other way. Couldn't wait to get to Afghanistan after a few days of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Why is coronation street lacking so far behind the other two soaps at the moment? Its brutal!! The storylines are so stupid and far fetched!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Does anyone know if they get Simon back after the kidnapping?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Alicat wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they get Simon back after the kidnapping?

Yes

How would the courts give George custody of Simon. He's only known them couple of weeks. Even if they decided Peter was unfit, what about Ken and Deirdre. They've known their grandson a lot longer than the Wilsons; even if they have forgotten about their granddaughter Amy, and would surely be more suitable role models for Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The teacher thing is ridiculous..there is no way he would get a teaching job without having the garda check equivalent (A CRB in the UK)...

• Advertisement

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has revealed that her character Tina McIntyre is to get a new love interest in a future plotline.

In an interview with We Love Telly, the actress hinted that viewers will be surprised when they discover who the Weatherfield favourite starts dating next.

She confirmed: "There are plans for a new relationship, but it comes right out of left field and won't be like any she's had before. I'm looking forward to playing that!"

Tina is currently engaged to builder Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas), but in a recent interview with DS, Keegan said that the couple are not well-matched as Tina deals with the suspicious death of dad Joe.

Speaking at the time, she commented: "Jason just isn't good for Tina at the minute. Jason thinks that Tina should get over Joe's death and move on with her life but Tina can't do that.

"They've got two different outlooks on life - Jason's very black and white, whereas Tina thinks things though a little more and is quite emotionally charged. They're exact opposites in that respect."

Tina has previously dated troubled David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd) and shared a kiss with his half-brother Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has revealed that her character Tina McIntyre is to get a new love interest in a future plotline.

In an interview with We Love Telly, the actress hinted that viewers will be surprised when they discover who the Weatherfield favourite starts dating next.

She confirmed: "There are plans for a new relationship, but it comes right out of left field and won't be like any she's had before. I'm looking forward to playing that!"

Tina is currently engaged to builder Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas), but in a recent interview with DS, Keegan said that the couple are not well-matched as Tina deals with the suspicious death of dad Joe.

Speaking at the time, she commented: "Jason just isn't good for Tina at the minute. Jason thinks that Tina should get over Joe's death and move on with her life but Tina can't do that.

"They've got two different outlooks on life - Jason's very black and white, whereas Tina thinks things though a little more and is quite emotionally charged. They're exact opposites in that respect."

Tina has previously dated troubled David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd) and shared a kiss with his half-brother Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

What odds on it been Norris.

When Mary's finished with him, he'll be no good to Tina. :eek:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    When Mary's finished with him, he'll be no good to Tina. :eek:

Ya, i suppose you are right. Would be a tough decission for the poor old man. Who would you want to share your bed with, the Lovely Mary or Tina.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Yes

Yes you know or yes they get him back?? :P

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Ya, i suppose you are right. Would be a tough decission for the poor old man. Who would you want to share your bed with, the Lovely Mary or Tina.

The only woman he wants is Rita; she's back :D

Alicat wrote: »
    Yes you know or yes they get him back?? :P

Get him back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wow...Gail's solicitor is bloody useless :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

My money is on Tyrone....and them Molly to come back looking for him again. Isn't it always the way in soapland!

• Advertisement

Wow...Gail's solicitor is bloody useless :confused:

And yet so gorgeous that it makes me want to do something illegal so I can sit next to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement