Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Someone pointed out here a while back when it was first revealed that Liz was leaving that while Steve and Becky could own the pub, they could not be the landlord or landlady, something to do with both having convictions against their names.

Yup, the licensee must be someone without a criminal conviction for offences related to assault, drugs or drink driving. Even if Steve and Becky had stayed together neither of them could have been the license holder. When Becky threw Liz out the pub was operating illegally, which was why they had to move her back in once the brewery was notified. And since she left a few months ago they were also operating illegally. Getting a new licensee wasn't a matter of convenience or extravagance, it was a legal imperative.

Also under normal circumstances Stella would be legally entitled to have Becky ejected from the bar area as the license is in her name and as such she would be responsible for any laws Becky breaks. But she just had to protect her long lost secret daughter from the second worst robber in all of Manchester. (The worst was Jim, at least the baseball bat idiot remembered to cover his face.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

If Steve McDonald owns a share in Street Cars, why does he return home in a Black Cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Ha ha - well spotted! And a very good question!

I've another question. What 28 year old man would respond with joy to the thought of a lap-dance while his mother and aunt watch from 2 feet away?

One that only has enough brains to go out with Rosie Webster?

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    One that only has enough brains to go out with Rosie Webster?

But Rosie has advantages that others dont.

From a male perspective maybe:D But from the neck up there's not a great deal going on!;)

Shazanne wrote: »
    From a male perspective maybe:D But from the neck up there's not a great deal going on!;)

There wont be too many that will argue against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

burst out laughin at steves smile after he talked to the stripper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

mrDerek wrote: »
    burst out laughin at steves smile after he talked to the stripper :P

So did I:D...he's a really funny actor I think. The faces he pulls:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Owen might fancy Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Owen might fancy Anna

Yeah, they're quite obviously building up to something there.

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah, they're quite obviously building up to something there.

Well he is a builder ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yeah, a bit of a mismatch between the two of them.Although she should be used to a bit of "rough round the edges" from Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I fancied Anna from the first time she appeared on Coronation Street. The fact that she's attractive seemed to have passed everybody by. At last there's somebody actually showing some interest in her apart from Eddie Windass.

So Leanne is turning 30 and is older than Eva :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

how old is Stella suppose to be?

casio4 wrote: »
    how old is Stella suppose to be?

Presumably about the same age as Collins, which is 50. Les is either 55 or 56, so Stella being late 40s, early 50s would make sense. Probably a little on the younger side, to explain why she left her daughter behind when she left her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What exactly was Peter Barlow's reason for opening her purse tonight? He obviously knew it belonged to Cindy Beale so there was no real need to open it. :confused:

What exactly was Peter Barlow's reason for opening her purse tonight? He obviously knew it belonged to Cindy Beale so there was no real need to open it. :confused:

noseyness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Fiz was on last night for the first time in a couple of weeks.
    First scene: walks into Roys Cafe and immediately starts rummaging in the handbag. Glad to see the props dept found it again.

Next week: Kevin Webster takes his sling off and manages to put his manky 1980's jacket on again, thanks to the props dept finding that too.

So Leanne discovers the truth tonight - comes out way too soon imo

Whoever is behind this can be very funny, very Norris

http://twitter.com/#!/norriscole

bijapos wrote: »
    Fiz was on last night for the first time in a couple of weeks.
    First scene: walks into Roys Cafe and immediately starts rummaging in the handbag. Glad to see the props dept found it again.

She was at it last night too, frig sake..that's starting to annoy me now...:mad:

I fancied Anna from the first time she appeared on Coronation Street. The fact that she's attractive seemed to have passed everybody by. At last there's somebody actually showing some interest in her apart from Eddie Windass.

I think she has really beautiful eyes.. warm, soft and chocolatey brown, just like the ones my little dog has:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Stellas daughter Eva gets on my nerves a lot, she never smiles and is a right cow, the latest in a string of fairly off putting bitchy female 20-something year olds on Corrie such as Tracey, Kylie, Rosie, and Becky. Most of these would never be accepted in any social circles in real life. Its probably a bit difficult to develop proper story lines for them when they go around permanently sulking and checking their nail manicures in every scene. Bit boring at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

How was Fiz allowed 3 visitors at the same time in the prison, not counting the solicitor guy who arrived in the middle of it???

It's all a bit OTT!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

UTV had tonight's lineup well planned - Corrie @ 7:30 and 8:30pm with Fiz being charged with murder. 9pm: babies behind bars (where mothers raise their babies in prison with them)

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

thought it was very cute the scene of Hayley standing at the door of Fiz's house with baby Hope in her arms and her cardigan wrapped around the baby

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement