Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

syklops wrote: »
    Btw, where did you get the floor plan? It looks awesome.

Got it here: http://www.corrie.net/profiles/places/rovers/rovers2.htm
    But it is a spoiler thread if you don't want to know the spoilers then don't read the thread!

Sure, its just that it would be nice if people used spoiler tags, some do some don't. The thread is also about discussing the storylines. Never mind.
    iguana wrote: »
    Never mind the Rovers living-room. The cellar and toilet doors lead straight into the Barlows' living-room. And what about the upstairs flat that just randomly appeared above the Rovers around the time Becky moved in.

Good spot on the toilets, never noticed that! :D

Upstairs shots are rarely used in any of the houses, but the Rovers flat has been used before most memorably when Kevin Webster dragged Bet Lynch out from the upatairs flat when the Rovers went on fire. Either way, its always been a 2 storey, just that the top floor is under used.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

bijapos wrote: »
    Upstairs shots are rarely used in any of the houses, but the Rovers flat has been used before most memorably when Kevin Webster dragged Bet Lynch out from the upatairs flat when the Rovers went on fire. Either way, its always been a 2 storey, just that the top floor is under used.

That was a bedroom though. The Rovers has always had the back living/dining room, that is also the staff break room. And a number of bedrooms upstairs. We saw the bedrooms quite a bit when Shelley was with Charlie too and she freaked out and locked herself in her room for ages.

But around the time Becky moved in a living area appeared upstairs. A living room with a couch, tv and a kitchen area with a breakfast bar. It's where Becky explained to Amy about Blanche dying while the social worker, Dawn, listened in. So the upstairs of the rovers contained a whole residence, with a living/kitchen room, 4 bedrooms and a bathroom.

It was seen on screen for about 2 years and then just disappeared before Christmas as all McDonald "at home" scenes went back to being shot downstairs. Mainly so that Tracey, Kylie and David could keep walking in on them at inopportune moments. It seemed completely forgotten about, but when the social worker took Max away last month Becky went up to say goodbye to him in that living room. Yet once more, everyone is squeezed back into the living/dining room downstairs, which is weird as you'd think Steve and the Prices would naturally want their own space and take a room each.

Although Steve should actually move into the flat above the cab office that Lloyd has just vacated. It's annoying me so much that everyone is squeezed into each other's houses while the flat Jason and Tina bought, the flat above the cab firm, the flat above Prima Donor that Michelle used to live in, the flat Chesney and Katy just moved out of above the butchers and Dev's flat in Victoria Court all sit empty.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Never mind the Rovers living-room. The cellar and toilet doors lead straight into the Barlows' living-room. And what about the upstairs flat that just randomly appeared above the Rovers around the time Becky moved in. Then disappeared for months only to be seen once more when Max was taken away by social services and not again since.:confused:

I hope with the move to the new set in MediaCityUK they will work things out a bit better in terms of layout.

That upstairs flat was shown quite a bit when Liz, Steve, Becky and Amy were living over the Rovers. Given that the kitchen/living room looked open plan and very roomy, you'd wonder where the hell they all slept! There can't have been much space for the bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

so you lot know the majority of scenes rovers kabin bistro scenes etc are actually recorded inside a studio, also as far as i know none of the houses even have upstairs rooms which is why you very rarely see bedroom scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i didn't know there was a piano is that where the jukebox is now?

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    so you lot know the majority of scenes rovers kabin bistro scenes etc are actually recorded inside a studio, also as far as i know none of the houses even have upstairs rooms which is why you very rarely see bedroom scenes

Of course we know that. I visited the set of Coronation Street a few years back and there's nothing at all in any of those houses so practically all of the filming takes place inside a studio, apart from the external scenes.

The point being made is that it's not very believable if the houses are made to look like Dr Who's Tardis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Well said Ann. Also can anybody answer this question that I've had for a while in my head:

How do people in the Rovers Return get outside to the smoking area out in the back without having to go through the bar?? There doesn't seem to be any other way to get out there unless they actually go out through the front door and go round the corner and through the alley ways at the back. If they do go through the bar then that would be pretty unusual to have people traipsing back and forth through the bar and living quarters in order to get to the smoking area, especially when there's a till with cash in it and a person could always nip up the stairs if they felt inclined..... :confused:

There is a door on the wall that runs into the one leading to the celler and the toilets, Close to the bar.

bijapos wrote: »
    Heres a plan of the Rovers, I can only presume its through the cellar door, in reality there is nothing there as a scene is never shot with two people meeting at the door going out to the yard.

newrov1.gif

Whats more bizarre is this: The Rovers is on a street corner:
    3278667727_3c82223e45.jpg

So where is the Living room on this photo? It should be going out onto the street on the left of this pic but it doesn't, some strange vortex in operation here I think, they should call in Doctor Who to find out. :)

Re my last post, the door to the smoking area is located where the snack bar is on the plan above.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You can just bet that Peter will be bedding Carla sooner or later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I think Peter and Carla end up kissing, not sure if it leads to anything though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

lizt wrote: »
    what is with all the birthdays in the past few weeks? Leanne, Simon and Sally!

I've often wondered if the birthdays are created to fit into the storyline or if they actually give the characters the same birthday every year. I wish I could be bothered to keep a note of them but I can't! Anyone else?? :D

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I've often wondered if the birthdays are created to fit into the storyline or if they actually give the characters the same birthday every year. I wish I could be bothered to keep a note of them but I can't! Anyone else?? :D

The same ones every year. They are all on their wiki character biogs.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Leanne's being ridiculous. I always preferred Carla anyway. She has more depths...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I always preferred Carla anyway. She has more depths...

No innuendo intended but she must have the biggest mouth on TV!

ollaetta wrote: »

Not such a bad thing, when you think about it. ;)

If I was Peter I'd be leaving Leanne in a flash. Sexy Carla's practically throwing herself at him and he wants to go back to cheating Leanne! :eek:

Biggest laugh of the night was when Peter came into the factory to see Carla and she told him he hadn't come to see her knickers! :D
    You silly man Peter. You silly, silly man.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

ollaetta wrote: »

I could live with that...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Not such a bad thing, when you think about it. ;)

If I was Peter I'd be leaving Leanne in a flash. Sexy Carla's practically throwing herself at him and he wants to go back to cheating Leanne! :eek:

Biggest laugh of the night was when Peter came into the factory to see Carla and she told him he hadn't come to see her knickers! :D
    You silly man Peter. You silly, silly man.
    Is it not all a tad pathetic and desperate though? I mean, we had all this with Liam "it's always been Liam" and now suddenly it's Peter?

It can be hard to believe when she looks so fantastic and is successful that she'd be such a recidivist desparado for taken men.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is it not all a tad pathetic and desperate though? I mean, we had all this with Liam "it's always been Liam" and now suddenly it's Peter?

What occurred to me tonight was that she made her strongest play for Liam just after Maria lost a pregnancy too.

What occurred to me tonight was that she made her strongest play for Liam just after Maria lost a pregnancy too.
    So, it's all part of a cunning, evil plan? Seems my use of the word recidivist was more apt then I thought. Machiavelli watch out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Tracey Barlow must have broken the cassette player in her bedroom. I notice she was listening to her tapes on the downstairs hi-fi this evening.

• Advertisement

Sigourney wrote: »
    Tracey Barlow must have broken the cassette player in her bedroom. I notice she was listening to her tapes on the downstairs hi-fi this evening.

To her TAPES? At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a working grammophone in the Barlow's house. Or even a few wax cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Tapes indeed, and I think that was Bros she was listening to. I'm pretty sure it was a Schneider stereo too, I still have an old one in the attic so I can match the Barlows for antique music.

Liking the Peter-Carla-Leanne story, always thought that Peter and Leanne are two of the better actors in Corrie, I only wish Roy would get more storylines as I think he can be a fabulous actor too, but I think his charachter has been too pigeon holed at this stage.

Peter is right to stick with Leanne, she is better for him, she helped him get off the bottle and stay off and this is what Peter needs with a kid like Simon to care for, Leanne would make the better mother too. Carla, stunner though she is, would have Peter back on the sauce in a week and Simon would be shacked up with a frowning, grimacing Ken, Deirdre, psycho Tracey and poor old Eccles.

Coronation Street bosses have decided to bring back former Hollyoaks star Tony Hirst as Weatherfield firefighter Paul, it has been confirmed today.

Inside Soap reports that the actor, best known for playing Chester's Mike Barnes, will be the fireman who Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) falls for as part of the Street's "summer of love".

Hirst previously appeared in Coronation Street's 50th anniversary episodes late last year as Paul was among the rescue team who dealt with the tram crash disaster on the cobbles.

Ryan Thomas, who plays Eileen's son Jason, told the magazine: "I'm guessing Jason's not going to like this guy, as he never likes any of the men his mum dates!

"We've really been missing the older male figure in the Grimshaw family set-up, so I'm over the moon that Tony's going to be joining the show. He was amazing in the live episode and he's a top guy."

During a recent interview on This Morning, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson confirmed that it won't be plain sailing for Eileen and her new man.

Collinson said at the time: "Eileen's going to have a nice big romance with a fireman. But he's got a bit of a secret - it's the best tradition of soap! It's not going to be easy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dont remember him^^. Do you?

syklops wrote: »
    Dont remember him^^. Do you?

160x120_hollyoaks_tonyhirst_mikebarnes06.jpg

He played Amy and Sarah's daddy who left with Zoe in Hollyoaks

Sigourney wrote: »

I think Tracey has now realised just how dangerous it is for her to go to her bedroom to listen to tapes. The last time she did that, she didn't come back downstairs for about 10 years. There must be some kind of strange vortex or magnetic field in that bedroom which plays havoc with the space/time continuum. Far better for her to play her tapes in the living room.
    Imagine if she did take the chance to go upstairs to listen to her music - she mightn't come back down again until the year 2020!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Imagine if she did take the chance to go upstairs to listen to her music - she mightn't come back down again until the year 2020!! :eek:

Why didnt she go upstairs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

There must be some kind of strange vortex or magnetic field in that bedroom which plays havoc with the space/time continuum.

It wouldn't do her tapes any good, either.

I think Tracey has now realised just how dangerous it is for her to go to her bedroom to listen to tapes. The last time she did that, she didn't come back downstairs for about 10 years. There must be some kind of strange vortex or magnetic field in that bedroom which plays havoc with the space/time continuum. Far better for her to play her tapes in the living room.

The bedrooms in that house must be very small. Isn't the kitchen the Barlows have a single storey one, meaning the upstairs must be the same size as the living room and the front room and the hall way, which are not the biggest. If Ken and Deirdre has one bedroom upstairs, Tracey has another, there is a bathroom, and Amy has a room as well there cant be much space. add in a bed in each room, maybe a wardrobe and a bedside locker and maybe a dressing table in Tracey's and Deirdries room, everything must be on top of each other. I take it that James was staying in the front room where Blanche was and when simon stays, where does he sleep, does he share with Amy.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The bedrooms in that house must be very small. Isn't the kitchen the Barlows have a single storey one, meaning the upstairs must be the same size as the living room and the front room and the hall way, which are not the biggest. If Ken and Deirdre has one bedroom upstairs, Tracey has another, there is a bathroom, and Amy has a room as well there cant be much space. add in a bed in each room, maybe a wardrobe and a bedside locker and maybe a dressing table in Tracey's and Deirdries room, everything must be on top of each other. I take it that James was staying in the front room where Blanche was and when simon stays, where does he sleep, does he share with Amy.

There is only 2 beds in the terraced houses. Except Dev's which has an attic extension 3rd bedroom. Tracey and Amy share and Tracey mentioned last night that Simon was in her room with Amy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement