Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    I was just thinking there.. what age is Audrey? Maybe it's normal in England for auld ones to be out dating and stuff. If there was a 70yr old widow in my mother's street at it there'd be some serious gossip. Never mind if the man in question was dressed as a woman.:confused:

My grandmother is in her 80s and dates. It's not unusual for her to have more than one guy on the go either. Old people aren't dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Just watched tonight's episodes. Marc's a halfwit. He kept asking Audrey if he should 'come out' to everyone..and she kept insisting he shouldn't. It was blatantly obvious she'd be mortified if everyone knew. It mustn't have crossed his mind. Big tit.

All thats up with Audrey is that Marc looks better than her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I was just thinking there.. what age is Audrey? Maybe it's normal in England for auld ones to be out dating and stuff. If there was a 70yr old widow in my mother's street at it there'd be some serious gossip. Never mind if the man in question was dressed as a woman.:confused:

Audrey's character is 70 but actress is 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

loved it when someone said to Audrey he's only going out with you for your wardrobe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Well I hope thats the end of the Mark/Marcia storyline, I thought it was daft to begin with, its not as if we all know one. A story of a gay charachter such as Sophie coming out and coming to terms with their sexuality is one thing but the transvestite thing is so niche it doesn't deserve the amount of time given to it. It wasn't funny either. And get rid of Mary, useless spiteful bitch.

Can't wait for Dave to get back, Kylie is out of work and her relationship with Gail and Audrey has broken down completley, I don't see how they can continue to live at Gail's, so how this affects their chances of getting Max will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Why wasnt Norris in the pub when Mark walked in. His reaction would be brilliant.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Why wasnt Norris in the pub when Mark walked in. His reaction would be brilliant.

Yes, Norris and Emily instead of Sally and Mary could have been a great Corrie moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe she should've just been straight with him. Instead of saying 'I don't want to put you through it' (telling everyone)..she should've said 'no fcukin' way!! I don't want everyone to know I'm shifting a fcukin' weirdo!!!

Thanks for letting me conjure up the image of Audrey shifting someone. Euurgh!.

That said, what did I think they were going to do when Marc went back to her house, cuddle?

From breakingnews.ie:
    Kate Ford is staying on ‘Coronation Street’ after being promised a series of blockbuster storylines.

The 34-year-old actress was to set to quit her role as Weatherfield super-bitch Tracy Barlow to spend more time with her three-year-old son Otis and husband Jon Connerty, who live London while she films the ITV soap in Manchester.

Panicked bosses decided they didn’t want to lose Kate as well as Katherine Kelly – who plays Tracy’s rival Becky McDonald and is leaving at Christmas – and so decided to pull out all the stops to get the brunette star to stay on, including revealing their plans for her scheming character.

A show insider told The Sun newspaper: “The executives are breathing a huge sigh of relief because they were worried they would lose Becky and Tracy at the same time. Kate was leaving to return to London but then told her what’s in store for Tracy it was just too juicy to turn down.”

A ‘Coronation Street’ spokesperson added: “We’re thrilled Kate is staying.”

Tracy made a sensational return to Weatherfield last year after being released from prison on a technicality, where she was serving time for the murder of ex-boyfriend Charlie Stubbs, and has been causing havoc for the residents ever since.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/corrie-bosses-tempt-super-bitch-to-stay-with-explosive-plots-518158.html#ixzz1WFPd6hTg

So as well as more Tracy, we have to withstand more Becky too. This seems interminable.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deise Tom wrote: »

Yes Norris, Mary and Roy's mother should have been there

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

but i laughed when mary said , dont run in them shoes ,they are to high marcia. she was the only one who saw him as a she:D:Dthe rest of them didnt :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Am I the only one that thinks Mary and Marcia could be great friends? :o

Mary doesnt really have a girlie friend and was concerned for Marcia running in heels.

Marcia looked way better than Gail and Audrey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Audrey is a real snob.It was ok for Marcia to be at home with her and at the group of other like minded people, but when it comes to her friends and family, she doesn't want that cause she is embarrassed and her reputation is gone.

Bet David will have some time with this:p when he comes back.He might blackmail Audrey to sign over the salon to him, in case this damages the business or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I <3 Dr Carter!
    oliver%20mellor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

iguana wrote: »
    My grandmother is in her 80s and dates. It's not unusual for her to have more than one guy on the go either. Old people aren't dead.

Fair play to her, good to hear it:).

I just meant Audrey's storylines are just something you wouldn't see too often here, passionate romping among the pensioners:).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

jimmyw wrote: »
    Audrey is a real snob.It was ok for Marcia to be at home with her and at the group of other like minded people, but when it comes to her friends and family, she doesn't want that cause she is embarrassed and her reputation is gone.

Yeah, she was hypocritical saying she didn't want everyone to know for his benefit. She was just mortified at everyone else knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

iguana wrote: »

I wanna befriend your nana!!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

chucken1 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Mary and Marcia could be great friends? :o

Mary doesnt really have a girlie friend and was concerned for Marcia running in heels.
    thats what i ment in my post, she was concerned about the shoes she/he was running in , :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

audrey is a snob shes happy to have marcia in secret so she can save face,but asking him to move in how long did she think shed keep it hidden and would marcia be even happy to keep it hidden and not be himself!

I don't think Audrey was being snobby. A transvestite would still be regarded as being very off the wall in society today. Although gay people have achieved broad acceptance in society recently, they were for years more or less forced underground. 20 years ago the gay scene in Ireland was very hush hush outside of Dublin, now its accepted in most places.

Transvestitism is still considered to be different and anything thats different will meet with all sorts of (usually negative) reactions. Claudia (Rula Lenska) didn't accept Marks alter ego, thats why she left him and her charachter is no prude.

Consider it if it was yourself, if your partner suddenly said they were a cross dresser would you say

"Great stuff, get your glad rags on and we'll head down the pub to tell everyone!"

or would it be more

"Jesus H Christ, keep it to ourselves, don't let anyone find out."

Audrey was certainly a snob in years gone by, remember the time she was Mayoress with Alf Roberts? She was insufferable. But I think she has been very down to earth the last few years.

Still can't wait for Dave to find out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

More Dr Carter pls!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

jimmyw wrote: »

Bet David will have some time with this:p when he comes back.He might blackmail Audrey to sign over the salon to him, in case this damages the business or something?

Well it looks to me as if David hasn't benefited from the management course - he has evidently spent the whole time outside sunbathing. It happens every time he goes missing. Where was the course - Bermuda?

I also regard the hint that David has been offered another job and will leave Weatherfield with Kylie to be a cruel hoax on the viewers by the writers. You wait and see, we'll all be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I like kylie as a character. I prefer her a lot more than Becky. Imagine the damage to the Platts house if that was Becky.

Since Anna and Gary know now what Faye is up too will they try and get Eddie to come back or will Anna continue with Owen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

that faye pisses me off big time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Well it looks to me as if David hasn't benefited from the management course - he has evidently spent the whole time outside sunbathing. It happens every time he goes missing. Where was the course - Bermuda?

I also regard the hint that David has been offered another job and will leave Weatherfield with Kylie to be a cruel hoax on the viewers by the writers. You wait and see, we'll all be disappointed.

Aw damn I thought maybe we'd be rid of him finally but alas I think you are right - he ain't goin anywhere!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I like kylie as a character. I prefer her a lot more than Becky. Imagine the damage to the Platts house if that was Becky.

Definitely prefer Kylie to Becky - I think Katherine Kelly overacts a bit sometimes but the girl that plays Kylie does it just enough to make it so believable:D

Kylie looks very like Mandy in Eastenders to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kylie looks very like Mandy in Eastenders to me

I dont really see the resemblance to be honest, not pysically anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

leahyl wrote: »
    Aw damn I thought maybe we'd be rid of him finally but alas I think you are right - he ain't goin anywhere!:(

He only said he was offered a job in Monton anyway, it's about 2kms from where Weatherfield is supposed to be. I'm not sure what the fuss is. Imagine your grown son and his wife (who you hated) was living in your house, constantly being rude and taking you for granted, and he announced he'd been offered a decent job with free accommodation a 5 minute drive away. You'd be over the feckin moon!

They should at least have claimed David's new job was going to be in London/Leeds/Edinburgh or even Liverpool, as despite being only half an hour away, Martin went there and was never seen since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement