Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The stupid cops and Maria are ruining the storyline couldnt act to save their lives :mad: Carla and Frank are playing blinders

.....And Peter, always thought he was one of the better actors on Corrie, I agree that Maria's acting is very one dimensional.

Thought that Wednesdays episode was very good, seeing how an actual rape is dealt with, with doctors, psychologists etc and the fact that the suspected rapist is usually freed before the woman has gone through the system.

Having taken a good friend through the process after she was raped a few years ago the police may seem insensitive but thats the way they are, they can't let their emotions take over their job, and although we as viewers know that Frank Foster is guilty, the police can only take it as her word against his for the time being, after all false accusations of rape are not unheard of.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops over time, I thought Frank had a brass neck buying the wine off Dev and going back to the flat when he knew the police were there, him proclaiming his innocence gave the story an interesting twist. Its also interesting when Carla said that she left no marks on him so she thinks he might get off.

Its got the potential for a very good story, hopefully Corrie writers deal with it in the way they are capable of. Wednesdays episode was excellent I thought though very sad, shows the potential that is behind Corrie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Didn't Frank completely screw up his story though. First off he started by claiming that he and Carla had made love in happy celebration of their marriage the next day, then he went out for wine and curry blissfully unaware that Carla was calling the police. Then because he wanted to get at Peter he said that Carla called off the wedding because she is having an affair with Peter and is crying rape to get him out of the business. You'd hardly make sweet love to your fianceé go get her dinner under those circumstances.

To top it off his relaxed, casual attitude is a dead give away that he's not on the level. What sort of man is accused of rape by the love of his life and isn't completely devastated, angry, confused or all of the above. You'd hardly be chuckling about the pain of getting called into work with the forensics guy. The world's thickest copper would know Frank was a lying liar and thick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Does anyone else see the resemblence?

I've tried downloading photos of Frank and Alan Shearer from Google Images with TinyPics. I don't think it's worked. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Take my word for it. They're the image of each other....:)

[IMG][/img]jijgoj.jpg

[IMG][/img]4taqro.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah yeah! I'm a feckin' genius so I am!

I'm thoroughly enjoying Corrie atm. I'm loving evil Frank:):):). I just feckin' love evil soap villains. What's the story with Carla and the nutters? She just attracts them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tyrone must be one of the thickest characters:mad:.He is really getting on my nerves now.I want give him a great big kick up the...! Such a naive little,well! you know............................kirsty can do no wrong:rolleyes:.Well thats love for you I suppose:(.She is using her authority to her advantage, and abusing her position.Nasty piece of work, Tyrone is going to have egg on his face, I reckon, (and not just from the cafe:p).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

jimmyw wrote: »
    Tyrone must be one of the thickest characters:mad:.He is really getting on my nerves now.I want give him a great big kick up the...! Such a naive little,well! you know............................kirsty can do no wrong:rolleyes:.Well thats love for you I suppose:(.She is using her authority to her advantage, and abusing her position.Nasty piece of work, Tyrone is going to have egg on his face, I reckon, (and not just from the cafe:p).

we dont know if she even did key your ones car
    she hasnt abused her authority at all she didn flash her badge until her car light was put through? dont tell me you wouldnt do the same ;o

mrDerek wrote: »
    she hasnt abused her authority at all she didn flash her badge until her car light was put through? dont tell me you wouldnt do the same ;o

How did she abuse her authority? In fact I'd imagine that most cops would flash their badge at someone who boxed them in and left them unable to pull out of a parking spot for a prolonged period. They especially would have if the person who did it was a mardy cow about it, instead of immediately apologetic.

The problem with this storyline is that Tina is being an utterly unreasonable bítch, which is completely out of character. I could possibly understand it if she was still single and grieving for her relationship with Graham and angry at him and Xin but taking it out on everyone around her, especially the newly loved-up. But she's seeing Dr Carter now, who's a bit of a catch, so she her mardiness is inexplicable. And anyone with an ounce of empathy would be over the moon for Tyrone for getting a chance to have some fun after losing his surrogate father, his wife, his memories of his marriage and the baby he thought was his.

mrDerek wrote: »

I dont know, i am not a cop.
    iguana wrote: »
    How did she abuse her authority? In fact I'd imagine that most cops would flash their badge at someone who boxed them in and left them unable to pull out of a parking spot for a prolonged period. They especially would have if the person who did it was a mardy cow about it, instead of immediately apologetic.

I am sure they do, in fact I know they do,but that dont make it right.If thats not abusing their position,what is then? Does that mean that cops can commit any crime and all they have to do is flash their badge and they will get off?Wish we could all do that. I just have a feeling that she is leading Tyrone up the garden path.

• Advertisement

I am sure they do, in fact I know they do,but that dont make it right.If thats not abusing their position,what is then? Does that mean that cops can commit any crime and all they have to do is flash their badge and they will get off?Wish we could all do that. I just have a feeling that she is leading Tyrone up the garden path.

But she didn't commit a crime, Tina did. Boxing in another car is a driving offence, it's perfectly reasonable for a police officer to flash their badge if they catch someone in the act of doing that. Instead Kirsty acknowledged that Tina still had her P plates and politely told her to pay more attention in future. Instead of being apologetic and embarrassed as a decent person would, Tina was rude and hostile. And Kirsty would have been well within her rights to give Tina an official warning in that case. As she would have when Tina kicked her car. Instead she still kept quiet about her job until her car was criminally damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Carla and Gail should be best mates after this with their track records of men.
    What is it with Carla and other womens men? :rolleyes:

Yes I know Tina certainly didnt do herself any favours been hostile, I also have a bit of a temper:( so I know how she feels.Was it not in the pub that she first showed her badge? Yes if she sees a crime happening, then she is quiet within her rights to show her badge.I just thought the way she flashed it in the pub was just showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And now we have another Dev comedy routine <sigh> this time imagining his son as another Tiger Woods Rory McIlroy.

Even if the writers could come up with a suitable comedy storyline for Dev, nothing's more certain that he would over-act it to death.

And talking about over-acting, where's Rosie? Has she had time off to have a baby? She's been away for months - is she breast-feeding it?

Oliverdog wrote: »
    And now we have another Dev comedy routine <sigh> this time imagining his son as another Tiger Woods Rory McIlroy.

Even if the writers could come up with a suitable comedy storyline for Dev, nothing's more certain that he would over-act it to death.

And talking about over-acting, where's Rosie? Has she had time off to have a baby? She's been away for months - is she breast-feeding it?

She bleached her hair and had it cut short...maybe they're waiting for it to grow back:confused:...
    I'm sick of Dev and Sunitas' storylines...they're so not interesting. Nobody acts like he does:mad:...with his rapidly changing tones of voice..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a342190/coronation-streets-keith-duffy-for-dramatic-exit.html

Coronation Street star Keith Duffy is to be written out of the show for good, it has been reported.

The Boyzone singer has played Ciaran McCarthy on and off for nearly ten years and returns to the Street later this month to film a dramatic Christmas storyline.

Duffy has decided to leave Coronation Street permanently to spend more time with his wife Lisa and their children - 15-year-old Hollyoaks actor Jay and Mia, 11 - the Daily Star Sunday reports.

A source said: "Something had to give and sadly it was Corrie. He's had a great time working on the show but these last few months have proved very demanding.

"His daughter Mia, who has autism, is starting secondary school and it's a big year for Jay as he has his exams. So he's decided he wants to be at home in Dublin for them both."

The 36-year-old's character will be involved in a plot with on-screen girlfriend Michelle Connor, played by Kym Marsh.

A Coronation Street spokesman added: "It's going to be a very dramatic time for Ciaran."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Anybody smell a twist in this story line?

I have a feeling Frank maybe innocent..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

py2006 wrote: »

I don't think so. A storyline like that (Carla making a false allegation of rape) would open up a huge can of worms that the Coronation Street producers would stay well away from.

py2006 wrote: »

Why would you suspect that? Frank keeps not only admitting it, but gloating about it whenever he is alone with either Peter of Carla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

What date is john stape ment to return?
    They have finished doing all his scenes.

• Advertisement

I dont know which of them is worse:(,Leanne or Peter.She flies off the handle with the slightest wrong thing he does.He should know better to be going to Carla so often.He is only giving her ammunition.He needs to let her fight her own battles.Men and womens close platonic relations are nearly always seen as wink! wink! nod! nod!...................there is something going on there:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I dont know which of them is worse:(,Leanne or Peter.She flies off the handle with the slightest wrong thing he does.He should know better to be going to Carla so often.He is only giving her ammunition.He needs to let her fight her own battles.Men and womens close platonic relations are nearly always seen as wink! wink! nod! nod!...................there is something going on there:p.

I think Leannes attitude to Carla is completely OTT. After all its not like Peter had an affair, unlike Leanne. You'd think she would be a little bit more understanding, considering her own past behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

She is definitely going to think they slept together now with Peter calling Carla sweetheart:eek:

hollypink wrote: »
    I think Leannes attitude to Carla is completely OTT. After all its not like Peter had an affair, unlike Leanne. You'd think she would be a little bit more understanding, considering her own past behaviour.

Thats women for ya!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hollypink wrote: »

Peter is putting Carla first before his wife Leanne of course she has a right to be mad

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peter is putting Carla first before his wife Leanne of course she has a right to be mad

I agree, but it is a bit of what goes around comes around for Leanne, as 3 years ago she was pushing Carla to go after Liam while he was married to Maria.

I was thinking last night of all of the men Maria, Leanne and Carla have had in common. They've all had Liam. Maria and Leanne had Peter and Nick. Carla and Maria had Tony (and they both have Frank history). Are there more? That generation of Corrie long-timers really get around, if you throw Tracey and Michelle into the mix your head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

In tonight's episodes, at least five main characters completely reinvented themselves.
    Rosie has reappeared looking like a man with tits.
    And Emily Bishop turned up to pay her newspaper bill wearing a hand-knitted cardigan, but with one shoulder and bra-strap exposed.

Well I made the last bit up, but I wouldn't have been surprised.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    In tonight's episodes, at least five main characters completely reinvented themselves.
    Rosie has reappeared looking like a man with tits.
    And Emily Bishop turned up to pay her newspaper bill wearing a hand-knitted cardigan, but with one shoulder and bra-strap exposed.

Well I made the last bit up, but I wouldn't have been surprised.

Hahahaha:D:D:D! Gullible me believed that last bit:o.....I hate Rosie's new hairdo. She looks crap now as well as being the sh1ttest actress in the solar system. Get her out of it the fcuk...

My mam read somewhere that
    Frank rapes Sally
    . I laughed at that....wot would he be like running round the cobbled streets leaping on all the women...? Has he no restraint at all??:confused::D...Feckin' gobsh1te.

• Advertisement

I dont like that Sally (along with some other characters::p:)), but I am glad she told Kevin some home truths and kicked him out.Thinks he is Gods gift:rolleyes:.

Eileens joke about Rosie was good:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement