Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iguana wrote: »
    You obviously missed the bedtime story about Deirdre's belts.:D

Are we meant to believe that Steve is actually into the relationship with Tracey? I'm not buying it. If the friendship/partnership which started once they agreed to keep this pregnancy had been allowed to play out for a little bit longer I could see why Steve would feel like giving things with Tracey another go. But the way it happened in the last few episodes has been too fast.

I was assuming on Friday that Steve was just going to lead her on until the twins are born, as he did the last time they dated so he could get on Amy's birth cert. But tonight I got the impression that we're supposed to think he's being genuine. :confused:

It's just such a turnaround that it's not believable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I was assuming on Friday that Steve was just going to lead her on until the twins are born, as he did the last time they dated so he could get on Amy's birth cert. But tonight I got the impression that we're supposed to think he's being genuine. :confused:

I don't believe that he's serious about her. The minute she said on Friday she was going for an abortion he was telling her he wanted to be with her. When the twins are born I can see him finishing with her again; and with three children she wont be in a hurry to go to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why do they sometimes turn Deirdre's character into a complete moron? Watching her tonight dancing around to her Hooked On Classics CD was just plain idiotic. She's a reasonably intelligent woman so it's completely out of character for her to be doing that, or for her to be oblivious to the fact that her "pottery" is total rubbish.

The comedy and humour in Coronation Street is usually spot-on (that's the main reason I watch it), but the writers are getting it unbelievably wrong with Deirdre.

I got the impression that Deirdre was a bit tipsy and that's why she was dancing around the place! Maybe not though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Deirdre as a character was pretty much finished when Blanche died.

Ken is only there now to extend the longest running soap character tag.

Tracy's storyline have gone beyond ridiculous.

Peter is the only Barlow worth watching anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Shazanne wrote: »
    Surely not the WORST? I would have thought Rosie should have beaten her to that title!! I can't even watch Corrie anymore as she annoys me so much!!:mad:

Well at least Rosie only appears for a few minutes at a time. Tracy has been in the centre of a love triangle, and the instigator of a custody row over Amy and this has been a main story line for several months now. I am sick of the sight of her.

• Advertisement

They really need to get Adam back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Epicurus wrote: »
    They really need to get Adam back.

lol! Brilliant

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Speaking of Peter, why wasn't he at Ken's birthday tea along with Leanne and Simon.

The dynamic between Leanne who is grieving her miscarriage and Tracey who has just found out she is carrying twins has potential to be an interesting one.

Speaking of Peter, why wasn't he at Ken's birthday tea along with Leanne and Simon.

The dynamic between Leanne who is grieving her miscarriage and Tracey who has just found out she is carrying twins has potential to be an interesting one.

Was thinking the same thing - Peter was too busy comforting Carla!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Leanne peter and simon are gone away on holidays apparantley. Cheryl wanted to take russ out of school too and said to llyod 'why not, leannes taking simon out for a holiday'. It was also mentioned in tonights episode in the conversation between carla and stella.

• Advertisement

Re the frank/carla rape storyline, did you all notice that franks mother may be starting to have doubts over his inocence? Wonder what will happen there?

Re the frank/carla rape storyline, did you all notice that franks mother may be starting to have doubts over his inocence? Wonder what will happen there......

Hey everyone, sad news this morning - Betty Driver has died at the age of 91. She was a great character and will be missed!

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Re the frank/carla rape storyline, did you all notice that franks mother may be starting to have doubts over his inocence? Wonder what will happen there?

I know and it looked like she's slightly afraid of him too!

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey everyone, sad news this morning - Betty Driver has died at the age of 91. She was a great character and will be missed!

RIP Betty.:(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/15/betty-driver-dead-at-91-from-forces-singer-to-coronation-street-favourite-115875-23490540/

RIP Betty.:(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/15/betty-driver-dead-at-91-from-forces-singer-to-coronation-street-favourite-115875-23490540/

Thanks for the link iguana

Very sad, hope they do something on the show to honour her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

lizt wrote: »
    Very sad, hope they do something on the show to honour her.

I am not sure i she would want much more than everyone raising a glass to her.

Edit: Felt the need to share here. Over in AH, a place which honestly should not be allowed have RIP threads if it does not have the ability to moderate it appropriately, a user said "who gives a **** when referring to the actresses death, to which I responded, emotionally, by calling said a user a gobsh1te. I have now been banned for 3 days. It made me laugh on this sad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else love Carla's incredulity at no-one believing her when she didn't believe Maria? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,372 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow she was a great age RIP hope they give the character a good send off :(

• Advertisement

I think one of my favourite recent Corrie scenes was Rosie explaining Twitter to Betty by telling her she could find out what Kanye West had for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

RIP Betty Driver:(
    I love this picture, look at Deirdre at the back with Alf Roberts :eek:
    article-2049483-0E61935B00000578-202_634x394.jpg

casio4 wrote: »
    RIP Betty Driver:(
    I love this picture, look at Deirdre at the back with Alf Roberts :eek:
    article-2049483-0E61935B00000578-202_634x394.jpg

Ken looks like a pimp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

What is your mans name in the top left hand corner?

Rip Betty Driver

gonker wrote: »
    What is your mans name in the top left hand corner?

Rip Betty Driver
    the characters name is Terry Duckworth he is Jack and Veras son, he's a bad one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Aw yeah thats him....Thanks Casio!

Emily looks weird all glammed up.

Emily looks weird all glammed up.
    I think Hilda looks weird too she never wore make up in the show but one time Hilda put on a bit of lipstick and kissed Stan her husband he asked what's that she said that's woman stanley, all woman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

syklops wrote: »
    I am not sure i she would want much more than everyone raising a glass to her.

Edit: Felt the need to share here. Over in AH, a place which honestly should not be allowed have RIP threads if it does not have the ability to moderate it appropriately, a user said "who gives a **** when referring to the actresses death, to which I responded, emotionally, by calling said a user a gobsh1te. I have now been banned for 3 days. It made me laugh on this sad day.

thats what you get for following a soap you loser :pac:

• Advertisement

RIP Betty; a Coronation Street favourite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement