Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Rosie Webster has announced that she is to quit her role on the street
    Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has confirmed that she is leaving the soap.

The actress will film her final scenes for the show at Christmas and viewers will see her character Rosie Webster depart the cobbles in February 2012, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Flanagan's Coronation Street future was thrown into question a week ago when reports suggested that she was quitting due to her recent panic attacks. However, the 21-year-old has now said that her anxiety played no part in her decision to bow out.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a345779/coronation-street-star-helen-flanagan-confirms-soap-exit.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

alphabeat wrote: »
    thats what you get for following a soap you loser :pac:

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banned for a week for trolling / abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street bosses have announced that Jeremy Sheffield has been cast as a potential new love interest for Becky McDonald.

The former Holby City actor will play the role of Danny Stratton, who meets Becky (Katherine Kelly) later this year in the build-up to her departure from the soap.

Danny arrives on the scene at an ideal time for Becky as she is trying to move on from her failed marriage to Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson), who is now in a relationship with Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford).

Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson told itv.com: "I'm delighted to be welcoming Jeremy to the cast. Danny will be integral to the unmissable final chapter of the Steve/Becky/Tracy love triangle.

"It's thrilling that such a key character will be in the hands of such a fine actor."

As well as playing Alex Adams on Holby City, Sheffield has appeared in a number of other TV shows and films, including Murder in Suburbia, Creep and The Wedding Date. He also competed in the 2010 series of ITV1's Dancing On Ice.

Becky's final Coronation Street scenes will air in early 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I never believed Carla! I don't know why! But I suspect a MAJOR twist!

She didn't want to marry him and wanted to get rid of him and sought out the legal implications beforehand.

Could she have made up the rape to get rid of him? hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

py2006 wrote: »

She didn't want to marry him and wanted to get rid of him and sought out the legal implications beforehand.

They basically did everything bar show the rape scene. I think it is fairly obvious she was raped:confused:

lizt wrote: »
    They basically did everything bar show the rape scene. I think it is fairly obvious she was raped:confused:

Maybe! Just have my doubts!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

As someone said earlier, I doubt the writers would risk the backlash of a move like that. Complaints would come in their droves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Looking at this trolls previous posts its obvious its here for one reason, to be a pr1ck and an armchair hard man.

A perma boards ban if i saw one. Hate sad losers like this waster.

As someone said earlier, I doubt the writers would risk the backlash of a move like that. Complaints would come in their droves.

In fairness, there are plenty of women who have falsely accused men of rape in real life. It would make an interesting and different story line.

EDIT: But you are right, there would be a backlash if they went with that angle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It was as explicit as it was going to get for a pre-watershed broadcast. We see him attack her and later we cut back to Carla on the floor shaking and whimpering while Frank buckles his belt and says she made him do it.

Also Frank admitted it to both Carla and Peter, individually, when he was alone with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Maybe! Just have my doubts!
    didn't he admit it to Peter when he was winding him up and that's when Peter hit him?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Syklops. You've always been a master of understatement - we look forward to your return.
    Shame about Rosie. More hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wow. Sally's a fecking bitch. :mad:

I felt sorry for Sally then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I didn't feel all that sorry for her there...Carla had to make a decision and was clearly torn about who to let go. Sally can be a right b*tch...compared to how she was years ago. I suspect what I heard about
    Frank raping her, may well be true as it seems she starts working for him shortly and is 'charmed' by him.

I don't feel sorry for Sally now, that she's gone to work for Frank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sometimes I just love Sally and other times I want to strangle her! I felt both ways in tonight's episodes.

Sometimes I just love Sally and other times I want to strangle her! I felt both ways in tonight's episodes.
    same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

My God !:mad:,I couldnt post earlier cause I am livid with Sally and had to calm down (has not worked so well:().How could Carla possibly sack (leave go?) a woman of Sallys experience and loyalty?:mad:

WHO THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE IS THE BLOODY SNOB! Does she honestly think that she couldn't do it? She is not THAT important.I did feel sorry for Carla, and she is not the most hospitable person at the best of times.What else could she have done? Sally thinks that everyone else can be sacked but not herrrrrrrrrrre........................................................................................................Get over yourself you cow!!!!

I hope Frank pins her to the wall.

Steam released now:p

• Advertisement

Sally was running the factory while Carla was freaking out and Frank was barred. Letting someone go from a job they've been in for a long time because they have money in their savings account is actually completely illegal. Sally could have taken Carla to court for it and she'd have won. Especially as it was clearly a crap argument when Hayley who owns a business with her husband and Sean who has a second job, a professional partner and almost no overheads were both kept on. I'm sure if they had been let go too Sally would have reacted differently. As it is, while going to work for Frank is not at all nice, it's a better result for Carla than being sued.

If Carla had any cop on she'd have asked Sally to invest in the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

casio4 wrote: »
    I felt sorry for Sally then

No sympathy for her whatsoever. Just before she was sacked when they were all having tea she had no sympathy with any of those who were obviously about to be let go, she was almost rubbing it in in fact.

Whenever she was made "supervisor", be it by Danny, Liam, Carla or Frank she always had a personality change and became a total cow. She also has a history of aggravating her co-workers.

Typical of her style is how she got pissed off with Carla letting her go and straight away starts to doubt the rape story to suit her own agenda, then rings Franks mother and decides within an hour to start working for Frank.

Whether Frank is guilty or not she will be viewed as a scab by her neighbours for a while to come.

bijapos wrote: »
    Whether Frank is guilty or not she will be viewed as a scab by her neighbours for a while to come.

Except she won't as a number of them will take up her offer of a job with Frank. Becky does straight away and I think Eileen will by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Couldn't believe Sally agreeing to work with Frank! This will obviously end in tears!

At the same time though I can understand fully why Sally was annoyed with Carla - I mean Sean and Hayley were kept on for Gods sake - they could be considered 'comfortable':rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Roise the minx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I cant stand Rosie - she drives me insane! But I did enjoy that scene - very funny!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Shazanne wrote: »
    I cant stand Rosie - she drives me insane!

+ 1

The durty lesbians:p

:eek: John is back.

• Advertisement

The durty lesbians:p
    isn't there always one in a lesbian relationship that is a bit tomboyish? who is the butch one between these two? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement