Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I wish john didnt have to leave the show. Hes class!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me too! Carl in Emmerdale has killed two people and is still one of the main characters.

I wish murderers in soaps didn't have to be written out and served justice so quickly. Some people do get away with murders for years, or forever.
    It would have been great to keep John, and have him 'accidentally' bump off any characters which are being axed or written out every year or so. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Posy wrote: »
    I wish murderers in soaps didn't have to be written out and served justice so quickly.

Careful what you wish for. Corrie have already brought Tracey Barlow back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

casio4 wrote: »
    isn't there always one in a lesbian relationship that is a bit tomboyish? who is the butch one between these two? :D

No

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Me too! Carl in Emmerdale has killed two people and is still one of the main characters.

I wish murderers in soaps didn't have to be written out and served justice so quickly. Some people do get away with murders for years, or forever.
    It would have been great to keep John, and have him 'accidentally' bump off any characters which are being axed or written out every year or so. :D

Just a suggestion in this troubled financial climate - why not just have one serial killer employed on an 'inter-soap' basis? He could just flee the locality after committing some atrocity in, say Emmerdale, and then just turn up in Weatherfield, Albert Square, or wherever required to knock off a superfluous character or two.

John Stape has already proved that it's possible to hide out in Anglesey for months without any fear of discovery by the boys in blue.

He could start off with a pair of actresses from Corrie. I refer, of course, to Rosie.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,376 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know he killed his dad but who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I know he killed his dad but who else?

Assume Posy means the postman, Paul i think. That was an accident but i dont think the truth was ever found out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Mary is great craic:D

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I wish john didnt have to leave the show. Hes class!!

Yeah John was one of the best on it in years, and lets not Tricky Dicky.

• Advertisement

Mary singing coming out of the court.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jesus even I'm beginning to believe Fiz did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Mary is great craic:D

She's so funny , I loved her sitting eating the sweets through the trial.:D

What was Brian saying when PC Redfern was called out? Something about Anthea? I couldn't understand him, though apparently Marry was amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

He was referring to Anthea Redfern - Bruce Forsyth's wife and sidekick on his Generation Game show in the '70's - Brian was doing a Brucie impersonation saying 'give us a twirl'...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Greatest bit of comedy ever on Coronation Street tonight with John and Rosie! I actually felt sorry for Rosie!

leahyl wrote: »
    Greatest bit of comedy ever on Coronation Street tonight with John and Rosie! I actually felt sorry for Rosie!

Yay! I didn't know it was on tonight. Thank feck for DVRs.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I didn't know it was on either just happened to be flicking through the channels. I will be very surprised if Rosie remembers all he is telling her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

leahyl wrote: »

The written test was brilliant. 12/20 must be a new record in any test for Rosie. He needs to set her a practical exam now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I cant keep up them when they keep changing it around:rolleyes:.At least tv3 have improved the 3 player anyhow, better than the sh1te that was before.

That Chris really is a nasty so-and-so, really the lowest of the low:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

A baby crying; the sound so excruciating it rouses people from the deepest comas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone else think that the writers have made a big msitake with their handling of John Stape? He was a likeable character and would have fitted in nicely with the eccentric and humorous characters like Roy, Norris and Mary but instead he's given ridiculous storylines that seem even more stupid when you sit down and think about them. The final straw came when he jumped off that hospital roof and disappeared into the night without so much as a scratch. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Instead of John holding Rosie hostage could he not simply have given her a written confession to hand to the police??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Given his track record, would you every associate John with someone who would think as clearly as that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

A baby crying; the sound so excruciating it rouses people from the deepest comas. :pac:

Best actress in that particular dramatic scene - Baby Orp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

The end of this storyline was stupid! The writers could have done alot with it.

They'll probably have a twist and he actually wont be dead, he just stopped his heart for a while :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that the writers have made a big msitake with their handling of John Stape? He was a likeable character and would have fitted in nicely with the eccentric and humorous characters like Roy, Norris and Mary but instead he's given ridiculous storylines that seem even more stupid when you sit down and think about them. The final straw came when he jumped off that hospital roof and disappeared into the night without so much as a scratch. :rolleyes:

I think their first mistake with John was making him lady catnip. When he first appeared it was obvious why Fiz, who was unhappily engaged to Kirk, would find him appealing. They had history from Fiz' time before the street, he had a good job, could hold a conversation with her and could introduce her to new concepts. But all of the Webster ladies falling for him was ridiculous. So sexy was he that even latent lesbian Lauren (Sophie's original name) was won over by him to the extent that she smashed up Fiz' scooter when she heard they were an item. Sally was crazy about him and 16 year old Rosie, who up until then had been a nice, perfectly intelligent Goth girl in love with Craig who she'd recently split with, went on a crazy mission to seduce him.

Since then Fiz found him so wonderful she had little problem overlooking his cheating, having Kevin sent to jail, kidnapping, identity fraud and concealment of a dead body. Charlotte was so attracted to him that she used the concealment of the death of her good friend to try and make him have sex with her. And even Colin Fishwick's landlady could barely stop herself from rubbing vigorously against his leg when he went to collect Colin's things after his death.

They not only ruined a potentially good character in John but they also ruined the previously likeable Rosie and made Chesney the world's most ridiculously successful seller of dog collars down the market as they had to get him out of school to reintroduce John from prison. I think they should have just let John and Fiz have had a normal relationship and eventual marriage when they introduced him. I know there would eventually have been adultery, job loss, abducted babies, etc what with them living in soap land, but it's a pity they moved him and all around him straight to farce almost instantly.

Fiona gets life in prison:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Fiona gets life in prison:D
    ...unfortunately, she'll have leave to appeal on the grounds of new evidence leading to a possibly unsafe conviction. Fcuking justice.

• Advertisement

Jeff really is small time isn't he. Rosie, an attractive underwear model, was kidnapped twice by a serial killer who ended up dead as a result of the second kidnapping. The Sun and The Mirror would be vying for an exclusive interview. It wouldn't be unheard of to get a 6 figure payment for that type of story and a few "sexy" photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement