Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

For crying out loud, dr cropper !!:rolleyes: has to look at a book before he gives first aid:eek:.Jeez if you have to do that then you are not qualified to give anything out:o:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And wagging someone's head around when he's just fallen down a flight of steel stairs is not the brightest of ideas either.
    This whole sub-storyline with Jason's memory coming and going was not worthy of Corrie's usual quality. He was sent away from the doctors with Paracetamol when suffering from memory loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

woo graham gets together with davids ex in a few weeks. He is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

seanybiker wrote: »

Tina gets with Graeme :eek: Lucky girl.

She likes to keep it in the family though (Graeme being more or less family)

Some good scenes from Audrey and Rita with Norris and Emily tonight. Nice to see the older characters getting most of the action for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

seanybiker wrote: »

I love Graham, he's a great character, well I think it's the actor that gives his character 'character', saw him interviewed on telly and he's the same person :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TWO Corrie characters will DIE when Tony Gordon burns down knicker factory Underworld during an armed siege.
    Deranged murderer Tony takes Hayley Cropper, Carla Connor and Maria Connor hostage in the terrifying storyline.

The drama kicks off as Tony (Gray O'Brien) escapes jail with the help of ex-cellmate Robbie Sloan.

Armed with a gun, a knife and a petrol can, his plan is to kill unfaithful ex-wife Carla (Alison King) and Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) as revenge on her hubby Roy - who helped convict him.

Maria (Samia Smith) becomes another hostage of Tony after stumbling across the scene.

And Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) and Roy Cropper are also drawn into the plot during a rescue attempt.

Tony was jailed for the murder of Carla's lover and Maria's husband Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier).

He had also tried to murder Roy Cropper (David Neilson).

A source said: "Tony's warped mind blames Carla and Hayley's hubby Roy for his downfall and has spent all that time in his cell plotting the perfect murder.

"He figures that the way to hurt Roy the most is to kill Hayley.

"Hayley keeps Roy going and he could barely function without her.

"By the end of it there are armed police and the street is evacuated and sealed off.

"When it is all over, two body bags are carried out."

The source added: "The scenes will leave viewers fearing for the lives of their favourite characters.

"It will be nail-biting stuff."

TV Biz will not reveal the identities of the victims. Instead, viewers will have to wait until June to find out who survives the carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Isn't Maria leaving?

My money's on
    Tony and Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corrie bosses want to turn Tina McIntyre and Graeme Proctor into the new Stan and Hilda Ogden.

The pair will begin an unlikely romance next month.

And soap chiefs hope their feuding and comic bust-ups - like the much-loved Ogdens had in the 1970s and 80s - will be a hit.

A Street insider said: "Tina and Graeme's pairing will be dynamite TV. They may seem an odd couple but their characters are real favourites. They both have attitude and each can give as good as they get - just like Stan and Hilda could."

Filming for the storyline began two weeks ago. Tina, played by Michelle Keegan, 22, collapses at her flat after she stops eating following her split from boyfriend Jason Grimshaw and death of dad Joe. Geeky ex-con Graeme, played by Craig Gazey, 27, spots her while cleaning her windows and romance blossoms after he helps to revive her.

The insider added: "Viewers will be touched by the initial scenes but will be shocked to see Tina and Graeme get it together.

"There will be a chemistry between them. Michelle and Craig are immensely talented actors and if anyone can pull off this storyline, they can."

The Ogdens were together until 1984 when actor Bernard Youens, who played Stan, died of a heart attack aged 70. Jean Alexander made her farewell as Rovers cleaner Hilda in 1987.

The actress is now 84 and lives in Southport.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Corrie bosses want to turn Tina McIntyre and Graeme Proctor into the new Stan and Hilda Ogden.

I hate when things like this are said. Tyrone and Molly were supposed to be the new Jack and Vera but are nothing like them. You cant have a new Stan and Hilda; can't improve on perfection, which they were, with a couple who'll more than likely split up after a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Epicurus wrote: »
    I hate when things like this are said. Tyrone and Molly were supposed to be the new Jack and Vera but are nothing like them. You cant have a new Stan and Hilda; can't improve on perfection, which they were, with a couple who'll more than likely split up after a month or two.

Lol I know!! They're saying it about every new pair lately..Steve & Becky too!
    I can't see Tina & Graeme (cant spell it!) lasting...Isn't he supposedly mad about Rosie? Maybe that'll be a future storyline too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Is it tonight the KISS is going to take place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Is it tonight the KISS is going to take place.

I think its the sunday episode.
    CORRIE lesbians
    sexually confused
    much-anticipated

The way some of these spoilers are written :rolleyes:

One kiss does not make you a lesbian. And neither of them have a history of being sexually confused(not more than any other teenager anyway). And as for the much -anticipated bit, the first I heard of it was in this spoiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TWO Corrie characters will DIE when Tony Gordon burns down knicker factory Underworld during an armed siege.
    Deranged murderer Tony takes Hayley Cropper, Carla Connor and Maria Connor hostage in the terrifying storyline.

The drama kicks off as Tony (Gray O'Brien) escapes jail with the help of ex-cellmate Robbie Sloan.

Armed with a gun, a knife and a petrol can, his plan is to kill unfaithful ex-wife Carla (Alison King) and Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) as revenge on her hubby Roy - who helped convict him.

Maria (Samia Smith) becomes another hostage of Tony after stumbling across the scene.

And Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) and Roy Cropper are also drawn into the plot during a rescue attempt.

Tony was jailed for the murder of Carla's lover and Maria's husband Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier).

He had also tried to murder Roy Cropper (David Neilson).

A source said: "Tony's warped mind blames Carla and Hayley's hubby Roy for his downfall and has spent all that time in his cell plotting the perfect murder.

"He figures that the way to hurt Roy the most is to kill Hayley.

"Hayley keeps Roy going and he could barely function without her.

"By the end of it there are armed police and the street is evacuated and sealed off.

"When it is all over, two body bags are carried out."

The source added: "The scenes will leave viewers fearing for the lives of their favourite characters.

"It will be nail-biting stuff."

TV Biz will not reveal the identities of the victims. Instead, viewers will have to wait until June to find out who survives the carnage

No chance they could take Mary with them too?? What she being the most annoying pointless character on TV EVER:rolleyes::mad:

No chance they could take Mary with them too?? What she being the most annoying pointless character on TV EVER:rolleyes::mad:

Im assuming after the Misery storyline where she keeps norris prisoner, she will leave the street. Either put in the looney bin, prison, or just escapes to roam the moors on her own.

I wonder who the 2 deaths will be in the garage. I assume one will be tony because he wants out of the street for good. I dont think it will be Maria becuase I have a feeling they are going to set her up with tyrone(again). Though I could be wrong.

I bet Tony & Carla. Only because I think Roy's presence in the show would be kinda pointless without Hayley and I don't think Carla adds anything extra special to the show.
    I didn't know about the 'misery' storyline...so that's why Mary came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Oliverdog wrote: »

Jack is not going till around christmas when the street will be 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

On the subject of Sophie and Sian, does anyone else think Sophie came across there in Sian's kitchen as really creepy?
    I did feel sorry for her with Kevin mouthing off, he's being a total d*ckhead...and where the feck is Sally these days,up the stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well Sally is meant to be going through her Radiotherapy treatment, so I suppose we are meant to assume she is "having a lie-down"

What did Kevin say? Just get pissed off at her for kissing Sian?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Well Sally is meant to be going through her Radiotherapy treatment, so I suppose we are meant to assume she is "having a lie-down"

What did Kevin say? Just get pissed off at her for kissing Sian?

No:)...he went mad 'cos he told her not to go to Southport (it is Southport isn't it where Sian is?) and she sneaked off anyway. She was clearly upset when she got home and the big thick eejit gave out sh*t to her without even asking what was wrong, he really is a gobsh*te:mad:. Even Rosie was defending her.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Poor Sophie. She's far too good for that family :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Yeah that kiss was a bit tame* - not as tame as the Home & Away lesbian kiss though.

*I'll still be watching it again on TV3 playback of course.

Ann22 wrote: »
    On the subject of Sophie and Sian, does anyone else think Sophie came across there in Sian's kitchen as really creepy?
    I know! They didnt have her looking her best either...I wonder where that storyline is going..I initially thought the were going to become a couple but now I think the kiss was the start & end of it!
    The Fizz & John story is annoying me already...if I've got it right, John's stealing fake moustache guy's identity using a credit card & bank details...let's not forget the guy isn't dead, he is only moving to Canada..John'll use these details to apply for a teaching job..I'm thinking the job isn't that far away cos I haven't heard anything about them moving and he thinks this is the perfect plan? Will he not be recognised seeing as he was all over the papers for kidnapping? Isn't moustache guy going to close his account seeing as he's emigrating? Or is he in on it? (I missed today's episode so apologies if this was covered!!)
    It's heading for disaster either way & I just know it's gonna be dragged out!

Is mustache guy's wife in on it? Herself and John were very cloak and dagger on the night of the house party.

Is mustache guy's wife in on it? Herself and John were very cloak and dagger on the night of the house party.

He said his wife left him so I dont think that was his wife.

Im getting a bit fed up of John as well. I dont know what Fizz sees in him. She really should go back to Tyrone. I missed the entire storyline of him kidnapping Rosie, but I always assumed he was duped by her. That she seduced him, and he thought she was in love with him. So I really dont see him as being criminally minded, just a bit dim.

Just watched the kiss. That was such a disappointment! Apart from the fact that sophie was standing about a metre away from Sian and spent about 10 seconds leaning in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think Fizz will go back un tyrone eventually.

syklops wrote: »
    He said his wife left him so I dont think that was his wife.

Oh I see... :o

greenie wrote: »
    I know! They didnt have her looking her best either...I wonder where that storyline is going..I initially thought the were going to become a couple but now I think the kiss was the start & end of it!
    The Fizz & John story is annoying me already...if I've got it right, John's stealing fake moustache guy's identity using a credit card & bank details...let's not forget the guy isn't dead, he is only moving to Canada..John'll use these details to apply for a teaching job..I'm thinking the job isn't that far away cos I haven't heard anything about them moving and he thinks this is the perfect plan? Will he not be recognised seeing as he was all over the papers for kidnapping? Isn't moustache guy going to close his account seeing as he's emigrating? Or is he in on it? (I missed today's episode so apologies if this was covered!!)
    It's heading for disaster either way & I just know it's gonna be dragged out!

If John thinks he will get away with the scam, I dont think he is very clever and may not be suited to the teaching profession.

What does everyone think of 'our Gary's' folks putting themselves up as prospective adoption parents? I think they'd do a great job myself. Anna(I think thats her name) has so much to give as a mother and Eddie's a harmless divil at the back of it.

True, our Gary has plenty of rough edges to him but he's turned out pretty ok.

• Advertisement

What does everyone think of 'our Gary's' folks putting themselves up as prospective adoption parents? I think they'd do a great job myself. Anna(I think thats her name) has so much to give as a mother and Eddie's a harmless divil at the back of it.

True, our Gary has plenty of rough edges to him but he's turned out pretty ok.

I think they'd be brilliant. Anna was great with Chesney around the time of the Fiz and John wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement