Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Peter Barlow will be involved in a scandalous storyline this Christmas.

It has been revealed that the soap character, played by 43-year-old Chris Gascoyne, will vow to leave his wife Leanne (Jane Danson) for rival Carla (Alison King) in special episodes that could see the reformed alcoholic also fall off the wagon.

According to the Daily Star, Peter tells Carla that he has fallen in love with her after they spend the night together, saying: "I've fought this for months, but I can't fight it any more. I want us to be together."

However, when he tries to break the news to Leanne, she says: "I love you Peter and I'm not going to give up on our marriage just like that. When I married you it was for better or worse and I'm going to fight until my last breath to keep us together."

Touched by her words, Peter admits to a furious Carla that he didn't tell her the truth but she admits to him: "I love you too... more than anything. I do understand and I can't live without you so for now I'll make do with having you when I can."

A Coronation Street insider revealed: "Things are about to hot up for Peter. His turmoil will result in him being tempted to fall off the wagon and things will come to an explosive head over the Christmas period."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's Peter Barlow will be involved in a scandalous storyline this Christmas.

It has been revealed that the soap character, played by 43-year-old Chris Gascoyne, will vow to leave his wife Leanne (Jane Danson) for rival Carla (Alison King) in special episodes that could see the reformed alcoholic also fall off the wagon.

According to the Daily Star, Peter tells Carla that he has fallen in love with her after they spend the night together, saying: "I've fought this for months, but I can't fight it any more. I want us to be together."

However, when he tries to break the news to Leanne, she says: "I love you Peter and I'm not going to give up on our marriage just like that. When I married you it was for better or worse and I'm going to fight until my last breath to keep us together."

Touched by her words, Peter admits to a furious Carla that he didn't tell her the truth but she admits to him: "I love you too... more than anything. I do understand and I can't live without you so for now I'll make do with having you when I can."

A Coronation Street insider revealed: "Things are about to hot up for Peter. His turmoil will result in him being tempted to fall off the wagon and things will come to an explosive head over the Christmas period."

Never saw that one coming:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macushlablue

I'd love to see Peter and Carla together, but at the same time I think it'd be a recipe for disaster...two addictive personalities doesn't make for a successful relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've said this on here before, but I end up watching this because the OH watches it, but the past week has been SO annoying.

The Chris/Cheryl storyline is wrecking my head!
    The courtroom scenes have been particularly bad too. Chesney especially has been some seriously bad acting I thought. Someone needed to punch Mary right in the mouth too, lol... there can't be people actually like that can there?
    I actually feel a bit sorry for Fiz, but I think it'll work out in the end.

Roll on the Carla/Peter stuff... they're the only interesting people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Don't like Teeth Duffy's new gnashers, they make him look strange. Glad to see himself and Michelle back though. I agree that the storylines are fairly crap at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jos28 wrote: »
    Don't like Teeth Duffy's new gnashers, they make him look strange. Glad to see himself and Michelle back though. I agree that the storylines are fairly crap at the moment.
    That's the first thing I noticed when Ciaran (Kieth Duffy) started to speak his top set of teeth look different

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jimmyw wrote: »
    That Chris really is a nasty so-and-so, really the lowest of the low:(
    He's just horrible, and is it not bad karma to lie like that, especially when he has a brain tumour that could come back at any moment!?
    They'll probably have a twist and he actually wont be dead, he just stopped his heart for a while :rolleyes:
    John Stape not really dead!? That would be a shock. :rolleyes: :pac:

Oh. My. God. I totally did not see that happening! :eek: :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

casio4 wrote: »
    That's the first thing I noticed when Ciaran (Kieth Duffy) started to speak his top set of teeth look different

I had to put my shades on when he opened his mouth.

Think hes just wearing them for comic relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jos28 wrote: »

I knew there was something different about him. He also looks as if he's lost a fair bit of weight, which doesn't suit him.

Looking forward to the Peter/Carla/Leanne story. I wouldn't blame Peter for leaving Leanne for Carla. It's a bit like leaving Preston North End to play for Barcelona. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

casio4 wrote: »

They are ludicrous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The Carla/Leanne/Peter love triangle is only going to annoy viewers. Do they not think we've had enough of it at this stage.

It's just too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I used to love Carla but since the storyline with Peter started she's really peed me off!

I'm getting sick of so many of the characters, I wouldn't mind another tram crash while Rosie, Tracy, Stella and her family, Chris, Faye, Fiz et al.

Needs a proper shake up, it's so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

What's happened to Keith? That front chipped-tooth was one of his best features!! And he's lost a huge amount of weight - did you notice when himself and Michelle were facing the fireworks - he hadn't even got an arse in his trousers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I think Michelle's return was welcome. She took the Underworld problems by the scruff of the neck, and sorted out Frank's mother - "Touch me again and I'll deck you!" - and she looks a treat.

Also great Corrie comedy at the party. Rita - "Oooh - have I come at an awkward moment?" - and Emily at the newspaper.

I've been critical of Helen Flanagan in the past, but I must admit that she portrayed Rosie as the complete moron as if to the manner born.

Errr . . .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Why would Michelle's mother put her under pressure to get married in Weatherfield. Surely she'd want her to do it in Ireland? Especially with Ciarán being from Ireland himself. Keith Duffy's big new teeth, his eye make-up and his newly skinny face keep making me think of a later years Freddie Mercury.
    Oliverdog wrote: »
    I've been critical of Helen Flanagan in the past, but I must admit that she portrayed Rosie as the complete moron as if to the manner born.

Errr . . .

Rosie was fine when she was paired with Craig. She was absolutely awful as a bitchy, half-baked seductress but the actress has said she absolutely hated playing her then, so that could explain why she was so bad at that point. And all her storylines were ****ing stupid. Can you imagine being an actor and getting the script which is set up to reveal that you've been kidnapped and locked in an attic for the several weeks your character has been missing and your first line is, "Where's my chocolate hob-nobs!" I mean what the fúck is your motivation for that?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Isnt Rosie (Helen) leaving the show, saying she doesnt agree with the raunchy scenes she has to do:confused:.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3903364/Helen-Flanagan-I-quit-Coronation-Street-because-Rosies-too-tarty.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Let me guess Peter will try to leave Leanne for Carla but at the same time Leanne will reveal she is pregnant. Peter wont be able to leave because he will feel guilty and so the affair will just play out until Leanne catches them together:rolleyes:

Peter is far better with Leanne imo

I agree i dont think him and Carla will work well together and then what about poor little Simon?? He will be devestated:(

• Advertisement

blondie7 wrote: »
    I agree i dont think him and Carla will work well together and then what about poor little Simon?? He will be devestated:(

Carla isnt the motherly type

Did Leanne adopt Simon, could she sue for custody even though she isnt his birth mother?

Carla isnt the motherly type

Did Leanne adopt Simon, could she sue for custody even though she isnt his birth mother?

They talked about her adopting Simon before (i think). If she has adopted him then yes i assume she would be entitled to legal access, but if not then she wouldnt be legal entitled. This is soapland though and anything is possible :rolleyes:

I am so bored of this Chris and Cheryl storyline the sooner they all leave the better. Never did like any of them in it. Not looking forward to this storyline though
    Schmichael dying :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

blondie7 wrote: »
    Schmichael dying :(

I'm dreading that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

iguana wrote: »
    I'm dreading that.:(

Can't watch it. This happened to us last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Jesus I hate Sally Webster!

Would give anything to see her rightly sickened!

I would have hit Sally if I was in that Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

What a cow Sally is being, going to the funeral and interjecting smart comments. He's dead, that should be enough.

Edit: well at least she realised she was wrong. That creep Frank, acting all sympathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Betcha Sally is next on Franks 'list'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

chucken1 wrote: »
    Betcha Sally is next on Franks 'list'.

Hopefully

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Hopefully

What a horrible thing to say.

Think of all the viewers that would have to put up with the months and months of moping and sulking from her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement