Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Blatter wrote: »
    What a horrible thing to say.

Think of all the viewers that would have to put up with the months and months of moping and sulking from her.

I'm hoping one of his attacks will escalate to murder :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Can't watch it. This happened to us last week.

I'm sorry for your loss.:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

iguana wrote: »
    I'm dreading that.:(
    I don't know if I'll be able to watch.
    Oliverdog wrote: »
    Can't watch it. This happened to us last week.
    So sorry to hear that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I wont be watching that either. I'll be skipping Corrie until all that is over. I couldn't bear that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

It was horrible last night i felt so sorry for poor chesney, i found myself cuddling my cats at the end of the show :(

Isnt Nick just a saviour lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

chucken1 wrote: »
    Betcha Sally is next on Franks 'list'.

Betcha Frank is next on Sally's list

Does Sally not remember she fancied John herself only he was bedding Rosie at the time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I think Sally's memory is a bit dodgy ever since she got her "conservatory' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

There are a few characters in it that really drive my BP up the roof :mad:, such as Sally, Tyrone, Tommy,Julie, Chris and Tyrones girlfriend.All nastiies,(well Julie is a bit thick;).Who could have believed Chesney could be so devious,eh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Does Cheryl know Chris was lying about the cancer prognosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Does Cheryl know Chris was lying about the cancer prognosis?

No she doesnt know, Lloyd doesnt know either really, he is just suspicious.

• Advertisement

So I'm guessing, some time in the mext few months, probabl Christmas Eve, Cheryl will come back after realising what Chris did, and try to get Lloyd to take her back.

Lots of tears, lots of wistful staring into the distance and drinking on Lloyd's part, and then a big heart-to-heart where Llyod tells her how much he loves her, but he can never forgive her, blah blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think she finds out in the next few weeks. Cheryl, Chris and their son are leaving soon.

lizt wrote: »
    I think she finds out in the next few weeks. Cheryl, Chris and their son are leaving soon.

Oh! I thought tonight was their exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

lizt wrote: »

Thank God for that. Can't stand them - the kids name Russ realllllllllllllllllllly irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Lloyd hospitalises Chris next week :) whereupon Cheryl discovers there is nothing wrong with the dipstick other than whatever damage Lloyd did....(iat least thats what I read in the Indo).

Lloyd hospitalises Chris next week :)

I'm delighted to hear that - hate him! Is he meant to look like he is having chemo? He has stubbley hair all the time.

well done Lloyd, fair dues to ya.Its time someone did it to this pain in the .......

I'm delighted to hear that - hate him! Is he meant to look like he is having chemo? He has stubbley hair all the time.
    I wondered that- he just looks like he's shaved his head, not is having chemo. He should have got his head waxed! :pac:

Urgh, he's such a vile character! :mad:

I think he shaved his hair off when he was first diagnosed, in order to pre-empt the hair loss, but then never actually lost any hair. I think the problem might be that as he is having radiotherapy rather than chemotherapy the writer/producers think he wouldn't lose his hair. And while it's true that radiotherapy patients generally only experience localised hair loss, so it was realistic that Sally who had radiotherapy on her breast didn't lose her hair (though ironically Dynevor did, as her cancer was more advanced than the characters). However Chris is getting radiotherapy ON HIS HEAD, so localised hair loss means he should be as bald as an egg.

Since he actually had a brain tumour, the character is risking some seriously bad karma with his lies too! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

chesney needs to grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Poor Chesney!

I was like that with my cat last year :(
    We paid almost 1k for an op and the little miss died as she was being stitched up...! Typical her.

A V A wrote: »
    chesney needs to grow up

My sentiments exactly.If this is the way he is now, then maybe he is too immature to be a father to his child.His child should come first.I am an animal lover, and I know its hard to let these things go, but come on Chez! bailiff might bring him to his senses?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

that was awful :(
    he did the right thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Brave boy indeed Schmike :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I didn't/couldn't watch Corrie this evening as I knew it would really upset me. I have been there and suffered the loss of a pet so it would be far too raw for me. Can I assume its all over now and I can continue watching?

I didn't watch it either, too sad. :(

Shazanne wrote: »
    I didn't/couldn't watch Corrie this evening as I knew it would really upset me. I have been there and suffered the loss of a pet so it would be far too raw for me. Can I assume its all over now and I can continue watching?

Yes you are safe now.
    I'm due a baby in 3 weeks and I'd be exactly the same as Chesney if it was my dog.

Yes you are safe now.
    I'm due a baby in 3 weeks and I'd be exactly the same as Chesney if it was my dog.

Me too, in fact I'm a bit pissed off by the message from this storyline. If they had just left it to the story that Schmeichal had a terrible illness that he would most likely die from but Chesney had a hard time accepting that, fought it, but eventually made the heart breaking best choice for his best pal, it would have been a great, but very sad story.

But tying it to a message of, feck the dog - you have a baby on the way, boys have pets - men have babies, was unbelievably irresponsible. There are already enough morons out there who get rid of their dog when a baby is on the way, because they never bothered to anticipate that they might breed within the dog's lifetime and train it in such a way that it would easily accept a baby entering the family, or because babies and dogs are hard work and they don't want the latter now they have the former. They don't need this story to justify their irresponsibility.

If you get a dog you make it a member of your family and if you can't meet the needs of that family member you have no business whatsoever taking on the responsibility of a child.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't like the fact that it gave out a 'you have a family or you have a dog, but pets are not part of your family' type of message.
    Everyone in the family should be valued equally, dogs/cats/all pets alike!

(I remember watching that film 'Nine Months' with Hugh Grant. A few scenes in, after the wife got pregnant, they gave away their cat because they were having a baby and I just switched the movie off, I was so annoyed!) :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement