Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Yes you are safe now.
    I'm due a baby in 3 weeks and I'd be exactly the same as Chesney if it was my dog.

Good luck with your little friend, Little Friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Well said Iguana! One of the best replies I have ever read on Boards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Last nights corrie was so sad brought back all the memories of when I lost my dog a couple of years ago. Poor Chesney, i dislike that Katie one even more now!

Does anyone think there is going to be something wrong with the baby when its born because all we have seen is how little Katie is eating throughout the pregnancy???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The thing is that in reality Chesney's previous life is so turned upside-down now that the dog was the last thing he had that was some semblance of normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=90&v=2&w=132

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Did anyone else think that the vet who cam to put Schmeichel down looked like John Stape?

A tough storyline, we put our dog down last year, she had cancer too, it was the best for her but heartbreaking all the same, I think a lot of people can empathise with that storyline. I agree that Owen's comment that pets are for boys.... was out of order.

11111_111606_14_11_CORO_CHESNEY_SCHMEICHEL_01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

bijapos wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that the vet who cam to put Schmeichel down looked like John Stape?

A tough storyline, we put our dog down last year, she had cancer too, it was the best for her but heartbreaking all the same, I think a lot of people can empathise with that storyline. I agree that Owen's comment that pets are for boys.... was out of order.

11111_111606_14_11_CORO_CHESNEY_SCHMEICHEL_01.jpg

Owen showing his true colors there. I knew he was only acting nice to get into Annas knickers, something that makes me feel physically sick. I wonder what she would say if she heard what he did to Eileen.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

what did he do to eileen?....the way i saw it , he got his revenge on her, because she stole from him....all because she was jealous he went out with liz instead of her? ....eileen is my least favourite character on corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iceblue wrote: »
    what did he do to eileen?....the way i saw it , he got his revenge on her, because she stole from him....all because she was jealous he went out with liz instead of her? ....eileen is my least favourite character on corrie.

Eileen used to be great, with great one liners and great sarcasm. In recent times she has been very badly written.

Eileen got him out to fix some slates on her roof, and then he 'discovered' a problem with the roof that was going to cost hundreds, and he basically gouged her, despite the fact she was doing him a favour trying to sort out his books. She also uncovered fraudulent activities in his accounts.

Yes she took the money but she also gave it back almost immediately. So immediately in fact that it was just delayed rather than missing. However, despite getting the money back within hours of him needing it, Owen scared the bejaysus out of her and threatened her, and broke into her house to get his accounts back when he realised she had the goods on him.

Owen is my least favourite character.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Cheryl still living in Lloyd's house :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No, with Chris in Jason's flat I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    no Lloyd kicked her out the other night, he screamed at her to get out and all she said was but mine and russ's stuff is here and he screamed again and she fled:D

ive only started to like cheryl and russ and the bloke with the tumour since they started this storyline ....lloyd rushed into things a bit too quickly buying claire and ashleys old house for her id say hes regretting that now, especially the way house prices have falling he'll never get his money back....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmm, they could do a 'negative equity' storyline!

Posy wrote: »
    Hmm, they could do a 'negative equity' storyline!

Please god no! I hear enough of this every day of the week from other people. Either way Corrie don't do stuff like rising beer prices or the price of petrol.

Chris was always a scumbag, he was with Maria and got jealous when Cheryl started going out with Lloyd so he decided to ruin their relationship too. he hasn't changed, prone to aggression, malicous and has no issue with winding people up. I can't really remember any decent storyline with Cheryl so to be fair she never got a chance to shine.

I always thought it bizarre that in "working class Manchester" the only non-ethnic British people were Dev and Sunita. There has never been a major black charchter, Lloyd is the one that comes nearest and the last 3 women have all looked the same, Kelly Crabtree, Cheryl and Tyrones Girlfriend all could be sisters.

yes the race card! people often say on other forums that dev and his family are only in it to keep quotas up, dev in my opininon is one of the worst actors on the programme. and when they brought in uncle amed? and then the aunties, i just had to ff all their scenes.

the three girls are alike your right, especially tyrones new girlfriend kirsty. i doubt shell last nobody i know seems to like her. i like the fact she is jealous of tina walking around the house with towels and tyrone doesnt even blink. girlfriends hate it when a bloke is friends with a girl and will do everything they can to get rid of the female friend. so my guess is tommy and tina will get together and move over to tina's old flat, (where rosie was kidnapped by stape), soon enough, eta christmas party nights.....new years eve at the latest!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    id say hes regretting that now, especially the way house prices have falling he'll never get his money back....

I'd say Lloyd paid peanuts for that house. He bought it when it still had structural damage following a tram falling on it, from a woman on the run from the police. The house probably cost about a tenner, no-one else would have paid any more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I can see a cat fight about to happen between Kirsty (the bitch) andTina:)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Anyone else wondering (or have any spoliers) on whats going to happen with michelle and kieran? I read a few months ago that kieran, aka keith duffy, was filming his last scenes and was to permenantly exit the show after xmas. But i can feel something brewing in their relationship at the moment... Possibly an affair with nick tilsley? The couple are getting quite involved with nick...kieran is takinng a job in the bistro that is beneath him just so he can have work in weathefield because michelle wants to continue working at the factory, and nick is helping michelle at the factory....so an affair between michelle and nick is defo a possibility in my opinion!?

spoiler
    Kieth Duffy is leaving for good I think him and Michelle get in a taxi to leave and she says stop the taxi i'm staying and hops out leaving him to go off on his own

• Advertisement

^ Well if they don't kill him off he can always come back, so its not as if he is gone for ever and ever.

I thought they should have put John Stape in prison for 15 years instead of killing him off, there was always a chance he could make a return a long time in the future. At least they could have kept the options open. Killing everyone in car crashes doesn't do a lot tbh.

I'd prefer to see Michelle get back with Steve, it would give Tracey an awful kick up the hole, plus Nick is someone I never warmed to.

Ciarán will be gone by the end of next week afaik. He wants to go back on the cruise ships, Michelle agrees and they leave but she gets out of the taxi at the last minute and goes back to work for Carla. Duffy has a disabled daughter and doesn't like being away from Dublin for more than short stints any more but the producers want to leave the door open for his return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Hate that Chris fella

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Now I want to see that bitch grovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tell her to bog off Lloyd!

The quicker duffy goes, the better:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

"You look pale!" says Michelle, she must have meant his choppers! :D:D:D

Now I want to see that bitch grovel.

What sort of self-entitled bítch thinks she can just take all of her ex's household goods that he paid for, just because she picked them out?

I can't believe she thought there was a chance of her and Russ moving back in with Lloyd and everything going back to the way it was :eek:

casio4 wrote: »
    I can't believe she thought there was a chance of her and Russ moving back in with Lloyd and everything going back to the way it was :eek:

You never know, loves works in mysterious ways so it was always worth a shot, plenty of people have forgiven stray partners.

I actually enjoy the charachter of Chris, though I dont think much of the actor. He is a bad guy but its not gotten absurd, murdering and kidnapping people. Nice to have an "ordinary decent bad guy" around the place, though seeing that he burnt his bridges with Maria I suppose he will leave the Street too.

It seems in real life the actress playing Maria split up with her husband to move in with the actor playing Chris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

shes some fool so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement