Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

bijapos wrote: »
    It seems in real life the actress playing Maria split up with her husband to move in with the actor playing Chris.
    Maria always picks the bad 'uns doesn't she?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

bijapos wrote: »

It seems in real life the actress playing Maria split up with her husband to move in with the actor playing Chris.

Yes - she'd seen him with his shirt off, as we have had to, far too many times. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

not a big fan of chris cheryl and russ and never liked lloyd so only half interested in their recent storyline and it only became interersting for me when chris started to minapulate cheryl and he was a good baddie in the end and i liked him.....but the bit at the end of fridays epis when russ said he hated his dad for doing what he did ....was a bit ott. i hate when couples split and the mother- cause be fair its usually the mother who gets custody- makes the child hate the father, that should never happen, and it makes me sick. there was no real need for the child to know the full details about what chris did, that was between chris cheryl and lloyd, nothing to do with the child and his opinion and attitude towards his father shouldnt be influenced by his mother..... sadly this is what people keep doing to their children in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Could you 2 not quote the stories you are linking to? It must be a pain for anyone reading this on a mobile. Also for those of us who get email updates, its annoying having to click on the link.
    Tearful Becky bids farewell to Steve

The blonde, played by Katherine Kelly, sobs as she walks away from Steve (Simon Gregson) after he chooses Tracy over her.

His decision comes after scheming Tracy (Kate Ford) tells him she's pregnant with twins following their one-night stand.

Katherine Kelly is leaving the ITV1 soap early next year and it's thought the love triangle between Steve, Becky and Tracy will play a big part in her dramatic exit storyline.

These scenes, which were filmed outside The Midland Hotel in Manchester last night, see Becky and Steve having a deep conversation before she hugs him and walks away.
    Corrie's Frank Foster loses the plot

He catches his former lover in a car parked outside his house and quickly goes over to confront her.

Enraged by the exchange, he stalks back to his own home and stops to SCREAM like a mad man before he goes back inside.

He had thrown a festive bash, attended by his new romantic interest Sally Webster (Sally Dynevor) and his mother Ann (Gwen Taylor).

Vulnerable Sally is seduced by the monster this Yuletide after they become close following her split from Jeff Cullen.

What is it about Carla and Psychos?

Sally isnt too lucky either. The last time she parted from Kevin she moved in with Greg Kelly who beat her up and nicked half her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

They should have put Lloyd and Becky together, I think they would be suited.

i think becky and lloyd had a fling when becky first arrived on the street.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    i think becky and lloyd had a fling when becky first arrived on the street.

No Lloyd and Kelly Crabtree were living together and Becky showed up as an ex-cellmate of Kelly's. Kelly took pity on her at first and let her stay with them but then Becky went weird and sort of single white female on Kelly and decided to steal her life. She hit on Lloyd and started making out that they were having an affair. Kelly asked her to move out and Becky set her up as a thief and had her fired, arrested and ruined her relationship with Lloyd. It's why Lloyd hated Becky for years and thought Steve was a fool for getting involved with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iguana wrote: »
    No Lloyd and Kelly Crabtree were living together and Becky showed up as an ex-cellmate of Kelly's. Kelly took pity on her at first and let her stay with them but then Becky went weird and sort of single white female on Kelly and decided to steal her life. She hit on Lloyd and started making out that they were having an affair. Kelly asked her to move out and Becky set her up as a thief and had her fired, arrested and ruined her relationship with Lloyd. It's why Lloyd hated Becky for years and thought Steve was a fool for getting involved with her.

Didnt Steve go off with Kelly when she was with Lloyd also?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Didnt Steve go off with Kelly when she was with Lloyd also?

They were on a break because of what had happened with Becky. Lloyd convinced Kelly to plead guilty so she would get a suspended sentence after Becky set her up. Kelly did but afterwards hated herself for it and couldn't stay with Lloyd because he didn't support her so she said they needed time apart. During that time Kelly and Steve had a one night stand and agreed to keep it secret. Kelly and Lloyd got back together shortly after but when it came out that she had slept with his best friend he split up with her because even though they weren't a couple at the time, he couldn't deal with the thought of her a Steve together.

Coronation Street's evil businessman Frank Foster will be killed off in a forthcoming plot twist, a report has claimed.
    Cast and crew at the Weatherfield soap will soon start filming scenes which see the twisted villain die as his dark storyline reaches its conclusion, according to The Mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Coronation Street's evil businessman Frank Foster will be killed off in a forthcoming plot twist, a report has claimed.
    Cast and crew at the Weatherfield soap will soon start filming scenes which see the twisted villain die as his dark storyline reaches its conclusion, according to The Mirror.

Oh for the love of god how original are they
    thats everyone carla has ever looked at been killed off now:rolleyes:

blondie7 wrote: »
    Oh for the love of god how original are they
    thats everyone carla has ever looked at been killed off now:rolleyes:

Its very Tony Deja Vu isnt it? If he is going to go mad could he not go really really, Psycho, Norman Bates on it, and kill his mother and then go dressing up as her, and try and kill Norris with a knife or something. Or be killed in a freak accident when a machine randomly explodes and severs his carrotted artery.

Can you imagine Carla's story at AA?

"Well I was in love with this guy but he died tragically. I didn't know it at the time but the man who killed the first guy I loved, became my Fiancee until he went mad and tried to kill me. Then my business was in danger so I entered a partnership with another man who became my Fiance, who then raped me, and then went mad and died tragically. Can I have some wine now?"

syklops wrote: »
    "Well I was in love with this guy but he died tragically in a car accident while carrying my new best friend and business partner who he had hired as a prostitute (I didn't know she was a prostitute) in the boot of his car. Then I fell in love with his brother who was married to another woman, he was also killed in a car accident. I didn't know it at the time but the man who killed the second guy I loved, became my Fiancee until he went mad and tried to kill me, but not before getting engaged to the widow of the second guy Then my business was in danger so I entered a partnership with another man who became my Fiance, I ignored the fact the he had just tried to rape the widow of the second guy weeks before, then he raped me, because I dumped him because I'm in love with the husband of the prostitute from the start of my story, who incidentally is not only an ex of the nearly raped widow, but also had a relationship with the sister of my first 2 loves.and then went mad and died tragically. Can I have some wine now?"

Fixed your post. :P

Oh how I wish Blanche was still alive to crash one of Carla's meetings. The Barlows at Peter's meeting is my number one all time favourite ever Corrie scene of all time.

Oh how I wish Blanche was still alive to crash one of Carla's meetings. The Barlows at Peter's meeting is my number one all time favourite ever Corrie scene of all time.
    same here it was brilliant:D

Iguana best post ever!

I really do miss Blanche she was what Corrie was all about! She would have something to say about Tracey and Steve also I imagine :D

Also Liam and Leanne were a couple for a while as well :p

Also Liam and Leanne were a couple for a while as well :p

When was that??

blondie7 wrote: »
    When was that??

When Liam and Paul first arrived in Corrie Leanne got with Liam

• Advertisement

When Liam and Paul first arrived in Corrie Leanne got with Liam

I remember that now actually! Sure thats Corrie all over they have all had each other at some stage

yes liam and leanne were a couple for a while, during the period when leanne was a prossie....then liams brother called up a prossie in a hotel and it turned out to be leanne! then the brother went off his head and kidnapped leanne in the boot of his car, crashed it and was killed?... and carla hated leanne for a while, and liam ended their relationship....this is one of the reasons why some people find the fact that leanne and carla later became 'friends' a bit stupid...but then when carla fell in love with peter they fell out again..... just like real life then!!!

It's on at 8pm tonight instead of 8.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

casio4 wrote: »

I hate when ITV Do this, they hurting all 3 big soaps, can they put on sunday or something!
    and it the same again next week :mad:

casio4 wrote: »

thanks for that,( bas.....!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ouch!

Mr Pearly-whites has been busted :p

About feckin time:rolleyes:

Tindie wrote: »
    I hate when ITV Do this, they hurting all 3 big soaps, can they put on sunday or something!
    and it the same again next week :mad:

For the majority of my childhood, Coronation Street was on at 7.30 Monday Wednesday and Friday and that was it. Very rarely a football match would go over time and it would be moved, but that was very rarely.

Now, they move it about willy-nilly.

Its not like it was in my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Another acting Masterclass from Dev last night. :eek:

If I was the 'actor' I'd have a clause in my contract preventing any other actor being in a scene with me whilst carrying a golf club. Someone will clock him one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I think Dev is so bad that he is actually very good! Ahhhhhhhh.........longgggggggg may he ........................reign!:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement