Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

chucken1 wrote: »
    Love Rosies new eyebrows :rolleyes:

Why is Gail acting like shes on the verge of dotage?
    Shes like one thats in love with Nick the way shes carrying on.

This Nick looks the same age as Gail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tommy is so sweet - hope he gets together with Tina:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

leahyl wrote: »
    Tommy is so sweet - hope he gets together with Tina:)

What??? I hate him, bleeding toerag:mad:.He thinks he is some kind of stud, and women should be falling over themselves for him Tut!Tut!.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jimmyw wrote: »
    What??? I hate him, bleeding toerag:mad:.He thinks he is some kind of stud, and women should be falling over themselves for him Tut!Tut!.

No he isn't!! It's all a front cos he likes Tina:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Some things that don't make any sense:

1. Why is Nick still living at home? Surely he could afford his own place? Even if it was Tina's old flat?

2. The character of Owen. Not so long ago, he was paying some heavies to beat 7 shades of shyte out of Jim McDonald, so he was. Now he's trying to be all sweetness and light to Anna and her adopted kid. So is he really a psycho or are we supposed to forget about all that stuff with Big Jim??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Some things that don't make any sense:

1. Why is Nick still living at home? Surely he could afford his own place? Even if it was Tina's old flat?

2. The character of Owen. Not so long ago, he was paying some heavies to beat 7 shades of shyte out of Jim McDonald, so he was. Now he's trying to be all sweetness and light to Anna and her adopted kid. So is he really a psycho or are we supposed to forget about all that stuff with Big Jim??

Plus he broke into Eileen's house and was very aggressive towards her. To be honest, I get the feeling that the producers can't make up their minds about what type of character they want Owen to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

lizt wrote: »
    Plus he broke into Eileen's house and was very aggressive towards her. To be honest, I get the feeling that the producers can't make up their minds about what type of character they want Owen to be.

From the mouths of Babes..Faye knows his type :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Remember that when the Windasses were first introduced they were a bunch of scummy criminals who refused to pay for the kitchen David and Joe put in for them. They ruined Joe's business and threatened him. Graham was freaking out when David and Tina ruined their kitchen because they were infamous as a scary criminal family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In the episode on Friday night, I thought it was ridiculous that Tina poured a drink over Matt.

First of all, he didn't deserve that. Whilst he was obviously overstepping the mark, he was doing so unknowingly and only had good intentions for Tina.

Secondly, Tina should have been sacked for doing what she did to him in the pub on front of everyone. It was a disgraceful, scummy thing to do.

Blatter wrote: »
    In the episode on Friday night, I thought it was ridiculous that Tina poured a drink over Matt.

First of all, he didn't deserve that. Whilst he was obviously overstepping the mark, he was doing so unknowingly and only had good intentions for Tina.

Secondly, Tina should have been sacked for doing what she did to him in the pub on front of everyone. It was a disgraceful, scummy thing to do.

I think Tina has become a really horrible person since Graham left. She's been foul to Tommy, Matt and Kirsty. She's making things very difficult for Tyrone, where any good friend would back off and allow him to happy because of everything he's gone through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

scummy thing to do.

scummy act for a scummy character

I have to say I didn't get why Matt would have been so keen for Tina to give up her job as a barmaid in a backstreet pub in order to be a waitress in a backstreet bistro. What's the difference? Is someone who'd look down on a barmaid any less likely to look down on a waitress?

And what the hell were Nick and Eva going on about? As if a barmaid and former sales assistant wouldn't have the ability to be a waitress? It's pretty much an entry level job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Aug2009 wrote: »
    So what is the big Christmas story on Corrie this year?
    It is amazing how something just happens to coincide with Christmas every year. Happy Holidays is right!

They said it will be a quiet christmas ? :D First EE and Now Corrie doing a fire on Xmas day!
    Coronation Street character Becky McDonald will reportedly be caught in a fire on Christmas Day.

In the hour-long festive special, Becky, played by Katherine Kelly, drowns her sorrows after discovering that her ex-husband Steve (Simon Gregson) has proposed to Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford).

She sets fire to photos of Steve but subsequently falls asleep, causing her flat to go up in flames, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Gregson and Kelly were spotted filming emotional scenes in Manchester last month, which were rumoured to include the moment Steve makes his final choice to stay with pregnant Tracy.

Kelly announced her departure from Coronation Street in April and her character will be seen for the final time early next year.

The latest reports suggest that Becky will ruin Steve and Tracy's wedding after she is falsely accused of killing Tracy's unborn twins by pushing her down a set of stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well said. Presumably if Cindy Beale gets wind of what happened, she should have no other option but to sack her. It's what would probably happen in real life but then again, this is soapland. This was a purely personal matter between Tina and the doc. If I was the doc I'd have her for assault. I'm sure Tyrone's missus would be more than happy to pursue the case.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This Nick looks the same age as Gail
    :D

I liked Tina with David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I liked Tina with David

They will inevitably get back together eventually. Pretty much guaranteed.

I can't see David straying from Kylie and Max. Unless kylie cheats on him first...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lloyd is going to bone Stella isn't he!

Johner wrote: »
    Lloyd is going to bone Stella isn't he!

What ever gave you that idea...:D

• Advertisement

Isn't that 'bride to be' the spitting image of the hairdresser who was mad about Nick and left a while back...?

I can't see David straying from Kylie and Max. Unless kylie cheats on him first...

I can see Kylie trying to land Steve once Becky leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So is Tina going to blame Kirsty every time she gets in trouble with the law? It's getting seriously annoying now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

id say so...but at least tonight she acknowledged that tyrone doesnt like the two of them fighting so she didnt 'kick off'....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I can see Kylie trying to land Steve once Becky leaves
    no way, Steve wouldn't be interested in the likes of Kylie. She tried it on with Steve before to try and rile Becky and he pushed her aside and laughed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

only so much of sophie and sians accents i can put up with :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

chucken1 wrote: »

Also why was Michelle so 'off' with Julie?
    You'd swear Michelle was royalty with her snotty attitude towards the people who,not so long ago,she was serving pints to!

Compared to Julie, Michelle is royalty.

iguana wrote: »
    I have to say I didn't get why Matt would have been so keen for Tina to give up her job as a barmaid in a backstreet pub in order to be a waitress in a backstreet bistro. What's the difference? Is someone who'd look down on a barmaid any less likely to look down on a waitress?

I dont think its about looking down on them, its about future prospects. A few years experience, and she could be Head waitress in the Bistro(or wait for Nick and Eva to break up), head waitress in a backstreet bistro as you call it to Head waitress somewhere else, to being Manageress by the time she is out of training bras.

Whereas in the Rovers there will always be people brought in ahead of her. Steve's next new girlfriend for example. Or Liz if she comes back. Or Bet if she ever comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Speaking of barmaids, did the show ever acknowledge the death of the actress who played Betty? Or indeed of Betty herself?

• Advertisement

Speaking of barmaids, did the show ever acknowledge the death of the actress who played Betty? Or indeed of Betty herself?

I reckon they will wait til Christmas, and play it as part of a losing old friends gaining new ones kind of story line. Is there anyone pregnant at the minute? Oh yeah your one katie. I would imagine Bettys death and Katies baby would be played out in the same couple of episodes.

I would say if you looked back at all the babies born on the Street, it was at the same time as someone's death. For example one of John Stapes victims was done away with on the day of Hope's birth.

EDIT: OR was it the tram crash, that happened the same time as Hopes birth. Either way, someone died.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement