Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

syklops wrote: »
    Or Bet if she ever comes back.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »
    no way, Steve wouldn't be interested in the likes of Kylie. She tried it on with Steve before to try and rile Becky and he pushed her aside and laughed :D

Steve is a man he can never resist :p

I dont think Betty the character's death has happened on screen yet

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

re betty's death....it will be feb next before its on the show and some ex cast members are 'rumoured' to return for the funeral....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't wait 'til Frank jumps on Sally...I don't have the words to express my dislike of that woman:mad:. I hope he chases her around the Red Wreck before throttling her for 45 minutes or so. That's what she badly needs..a good throttling. Where the fcuk is Kevin? Is he off on account of his real life accusations??

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    ...I don't have the words to express my dislike of that woman:mad:.

Now, I think you have !! And where have you been lately? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

A day in the life of Peter Barlow.

Leanne is such hard work. He'd be far betteroff with Carla...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought that was drink that Peter handed over in the brown bag:eek: but a doughnut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Im lost..whos the man in hospital?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

chucken1 wrote: »
    Im lost..whos the man in hospital?

An AA member. So Peter's back on the sauce...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is Peter in every fucjing scene?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Peter's everyhere:confused:

yeah it was all about Peter tonight, they were showing the build up of things happening to him to put him back on the drink and in to the arms of another woman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

An episode which fell flat on its face (which is what will happen to Peter Barlow after he polishes off the vodka). It was like bleedin Ulysses.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm giving some serious thought to not watching Corrie until after Christmas. The Peter, Carla, booze story makes me very uncomfortable. Rape, sexual abuse and unhealthy sexual relationships are so rife in 12 Step groups that it's called the 13th step. so this storyline skeeves me out.

I'm also really not looking forward to the Tracey miscarries her twins and stages a fight with Becky so they can call her a murderer story. That's a fuçked up story too.

Maybe if it was just one of those stories on it's own I'd be ok with watching it but told together along with Leanne's infertility, Kirsty being crazy and Tina being an unbelievable cow I'm not sure I can stomach it.

I'm also annoyed that it's the anniversary of the tram crash and there is nobody left to properly mourn anyone who died. It really makes the biggest story Corrie has ever done into a massive non-event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah it was all about Peter tonight, they were showing the build up of things happening to him to put him back on the drink and in to the arms of another woman

Bludgeoned the message rather than a subtle plot with a build up. It's very poor TV at the moment from a once great soap.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Bludgeoned the message rather than a subtle plot with a build up. It's very poor TV at the moment from a once great soap.
    I agree, a subtle plot is the way to go and build it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

iguana wrote: »
    I'm also really not looking forward to the Tracey miscarries her twins and stages a fight with Becky so they can call her a murderer story. That's a fuçked up story too.
    :eek:

That's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i loved the peter episode. im looking forward to his renewed battle to resist alcohol and carla....but i am not looking forward to becky pushing tracey down the stairs and loosing her babies...im hoping thats a red herring and wont happen..... they have destroyed becky. she is/was a great character but to have her leave on this note is awful.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iceblue wrote: »
    i loved the peter episode. im looking forward to his renewed battle to resist alcohol and carla....but i am not looking forward to becky pushing tracey down the stairs and loosing her babies...im hoping thats a red herring and wont happen..... they have destroyed becky. she is/was a great character but to have her leave on this note is awful.....

Oh god no. The "will he wont", thinking to yourself "Is he really going to press his lips against that evil poisonous near-empty vessel, and then wondering if he is going to kiss Carla as well. Roll on the new year.

By the way I am about a week behind. But was anyone else expecting Dennis to be in bigger hot water than he was? I was expecting fraud at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iceblue wrote: »

And I thought they were going to make Tracy nicer. The only way I will be happy is if she is re-arrested and thrown in jail for life.

I still can't believe everyone knows that she is a murderer yet she has been happily re-accepted back onto Coronation Street.

• Advertisement

Didn't four people die in the tram crash. I understand that Charlotte didn't really count as John murdered her but what about anonymous car driving man? Surely his family would have considered going to the memorial and having his photo up with Ashley and Molly.

Also Tina and Tommy were nasty when Kirsty talked to them about being sensitive around Tyrone. If my friend's wife died and his new girlfriend asked me to give him extra consideration on the anniversary of her death I wouldn't laugh at her, even if she made a hamfisted attempt at it. I'd just be pleased that his new girlfriend cared enough to be bothered and I'd give her a lot of leeway too as it's it's got to be weird thinking of your present lover grieving for his last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tyrone would want to wise up that evil cow Kirsty, she is one possessive bitch.She is playing mind games with him.If Tyrone dont cop on, he will lose all his friends.Peter! Peter! Peter! you really are in deep do do now.

Kirsty's moving in very quick, I know things in soapland move fast but how long are they going out?
    and speaking of Peter where is his son Simon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

iguana wrote: »

Also Tina and Tommy were nasty when Kirsty talked to them about being sensitive around Tyrone. If my friend's wife died and his new girlfriend asked me to give him extra consideration on the anniversary of her death I wouldn't laugh at her, even if she made a hamfisted attempt at it. I'd just be pleased that his new girlfriend cared enough to be bothered and I'd give her a lot of leeway too as it's it's got to be weird thinking of your present lover grieving for his last one.

yes but Tina and Tommy know Tyrone longer than her.They were there at the crash.She was actually dictating to them though.

jimmyw wrote: »
    yes but Tina and Tommy know Tyrone longer than her.They were there at the crash.She was actually dictating to them though.

Tommy wasn't there then he came into the show afterwards and Tina had nothing to do with Ty at the time. She was busy with Graham, she only became friends with Ty after Tommy started hitting on her.

Yeah Kirsty is being shown to be a bit of a nut but Tommy and Tina are acting just as appallingly. Out of the three of them Tina is by far the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You'd never think Carla was raped not so long ago :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You'd never think Carla was raped not so long ago :rolleyes:

would you believe I was going to post that not long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Seemingly Eoin hits Faye in a forthcoming episode when Anna has to go visit her sister. Little brat, she deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

NO child deserves to be hit by an adult man, no matter how badly behaved the child is. No exceptions!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shazanne wrote: »
    NO child deserves to be hit by an adult man, no matter how badly behaved the child is. No exceptions!!

Depends. If it's just a harsh slap on the backside, she fully deserves it IMO.

My parents did it to be when I deserved it, like their parents did to them. Never did any of us any harm.

The world is gone too PC these days IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement