Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ive said already here..but Faye sees something in Owen that Anna doesnt.

Why,considering Owen is a builder,did Anna not ask him to build Faye a new shed??

Why did she let him off with the pond when she understood that Faye,like Gary,used the shed for a bit of privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Blatter wrote: »
    Depends. If it's just a harsh slap on the backside, she fully deserves it IMO.

My parents did it to be when I deserved it, like their parents did to them. Never did any of us any harm.

The world is gone too PC these days IMO.

They were your parents - not a strange guy that ends up in your home!!
    I don't agree with children being physically punished - what does it really achieve except pain and a display of control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

chucken1 wrote: »

Why,considering Owen is a builder,did Anna not ask him to build Faye a new shed??

Why did she let him off with the pond when she understood that Faye,like Gary,used the shed for a bit of privacy.

Ah come on now, Faye doesn't see anything in Owen that Anna hasn't.

She's a selfish kid that wants all of Anna's attention all of the time and has shown little or no evidence that she cares for anyone else other than herself. She's your modern day spoiled little brat that throws a hissy fit when she doesn't get everything her own way.

Why should Anna ask Owen to build her a new shed? If she wanted a new shed, maybe she would have actually asked him? I didn't see her even remotely objecting to the suggestion of the pond.

You make it sound like Faye had a God given right to the shed 'for a bit of privacy'. How do you even know that anyway? I've never seen any scenes of Faye pondering in the shed? Just because Gary did, doesn't mean Faye was. It's not as if she doesn't have her own room for 'a bit of privacy' anyway.

At the end of the day, it's Anna's house, Anna's garden. She doesn't have to pander to every little request that the child makes. The child is already spoiled, and pandering to every little one of her requests is just going to make her worse.

Faye is the root of the problem here, not Owen. 1000%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

anna already said she was happy that she didnt have to see a big eye sore wen she looked out the window shes hardly gna be in favour of a new eyesore. and ya know i wudn really give a ****e if eoin gives her a slap the way shes behaved with lies and tantrums and stuff the young1 should be thanking her lucky stars shes finally got somewere she can settle for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think the whole storyline with Anna and Faye is too ridiculous. We're meant to believe that Eddie Windass left primarily because he didn't want to adopt Faye and he got a job offer in Germany so he took it. Why on earth would Anna give up her lifelong partner of 20 odd years because she wants to adopt a child who's a virtual stranger?? And we all know that Eddie Windass was a bit of a layabout anyway so I doubt he'd be leaving Anna to do an Auf Wiedersehen Pet. :rolleyes:

Surely there could have a more believable way of writing Eddie out of it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Shazanne wrote: »
    They were your parents - not a strange guy that ends up in your home!!
    I don't agree with children being physically punished - what does it really achieve except pain and a display of control?

Theres a thread in after hours on corporal punishment. Don't bring it here too.

Right or wrong, Eoin is going to whack her one.

I don't know if Faye does see something in him or not. On the one hand I think she is just looking for attention and afraid of Eoin taking her attention from Anna. On the other hand they do say that kids from broken homes are better at choosing stable partners than children from 'happy' homes. So maybe she does see something in him. I mean this is the same Eoin who hired a few mates to kick the crap out of Jim, ex-para, hard as fuppin nails, McDonald. Maybe she does sense something.

As for the shed, I cant understand why Eoin is getting his pond, when it would be a 3 hour job to put up a small shed for Faye, if nothing else just to have somewhere to send her so he can get it on with Anna. It seems logical to me. I have mates with kids, and they say the shed was the best purchase ever. That said, Eoin being the landlord, Anna probably didnt feel it was her place to say no.
    I think the whole storyline with Anna and Faye is too ridiculous. We're meant to believe that Eddie Windass left primarily because he didn't want to adopt Faye and he got a job offer in Germany so he took it. Why on earth would Anna give up her lifelong partner of 20 odd years because she wants to adopt a child who's a virtual stranger?? And we all know that Eddie Windass was a bit of a layabout anyway so I doubt he'd be leaving Anna to do an Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Don't get me started on Eddie's departure. He is pretty lazy lets face it. He has a job in the taxi firm 3 doors down. So he gets up, walks about 30 feet, gets in a car drives around all day, goes home and smokes and watches TV. And we are to believe he goes and gets a job in Germany? Give me a break.

Not to mention while he is on his open ended trip to Germany, his side of the bed is barely cold and the Goddess that is Anna lets Eoin onto it. Now a woman has needs, I get that, but there are shops you can go to, to tide you over until your fella is back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Doesn't he hit her because she kills his fish and sits by silently while he blames David and Kylie? I'm not in massively in favour of corporal punishment but I think if a child poisons some helpless creatures out of spite a slap is the least s/he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why does Anna leave Faye with Owen for anyways? She hasnt been with him that long :confused:

syklops wrote: »
    I don't know if Faye does see something in him or not. On the one hand I think she is just looking for attention and afraid of Eoin taking her attention from Anna. On the other hand they do say that kids from broken homes are better at choosing stable partners than children from 'happy' homes. So maybe she does see something in him. I mean this is the same Eoin who hired a few mates to kick the crap out of Jim, ex-para, hard as fuppin nails, McDonald. Maybe she does sense something.

If you can provide one shred of evidence of that I'd love to see it.

What exactly could she possibly sense? What has Owen done wrong since he's been with Anna? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen absolutely nothing. I have only seen the man behave extremely reasonable in spite of the fact Anna treated him appallingly at the start by getting with him and then avoiding him, to pander to Faye again surprise surprise. And added to that he has reacted brilliantly to all the sniping he's had to put up with from Faye. He also reacted brilliantly when the brat spiked his drink, didn't lash out.

He has also been extremely supportive of Chesney and Katie, despite their difficult circumstances and very understanding of Gary's problems when they surfaced a few months ago. He also dealt with Chris' tumor very well, was very supportive and gave him plenty of cash to help him out at the time he needed it.

He seems to me that there are people in here still judging him on his past, where he has undoubtedly been dodgy but there is obviously a lot of good in the man also. It's a bit weird the way the producers have done that with his character, but that's the way it has went.

How people can defend Faye and somehow insinuate that Eoin is part of the problem is just mind boggling. The child is the root of the problems in this story line, clear for all to see. I guess some people have an irrational bias towards children form a broken home.

You come across a tad on the hostile side. Care to lighten up a bit?

Blatter wrote: »
    If you can provide one shred of evidence of that I'd love to see it.

What exactly could she possibly sense? What has Owen done wrong since he's been with Anna? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen absolutely nothing. I have only seen the man behave extremely reasonable in spite of the fact Anna treated him appallingly at the start by getting with him and then avoiding him, to pander to Faye again surprise surprise. And added to that he has reacted brilliantly to all the sniping he's had to put up with from Faye. He also reacted brilliantly when the brat spiked his drink, didn't lash out.

He has also been extremely supportive of Chesney and Katie, despite their difficult circumstances and very understanding of Gary's problems when they surfaced a few months ago. He also dealt with Chris' tumor very well, was very supportive and gave him plenty of cash to help him out at the time he needed it.

He seems to me that there are people in here still judging him on his past, where he has undoubtedly been dodgy but there is obviously a lot of good in the man also. It's a bit weird the way the producers have done that with his character, but that's the way it has went.

How people can defend Faye and somehow insinuate that Eoin is part of the problem is just mind boggling. The child is the root of the problems in this story line, clear for all to see. I guess some people have an irrational bias towards children form a broken home.

Provide a shred of evidence. Give us a break. We are discussing Coronation Street not the Jackson trial.

I said:
    On the other hand they do say that kids from broken homes are better at choosing stable partners than children from 'happy' homes. So maybe she does see something in him.

Then you go and say:
    What has Owen done wrong since he's been with Anna? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen absolutely nothing

That would be where the sensing bit comes in. You dont need to have seen something to sense something is wrong. Ever hear of the gut feeling?

He also reacted brilliantly when the brat spiked his drink, didn't lash out.

Not sure I would equate "not lashing out" to reacting brilliantly, but alright.
    He has also been extremely supportive of Chesney and Katie

Only when he realised that no matter what he did he couldn't break them up and that if he didn't start supporting them he would lose Katie for good.
    How people can defend Faye and somehow insinuate that Eoin is part of the problem is just mind boggling. The child is the root of the problems in this story line, clear for all to see. I guess some people have an irrational bias towards children form a broken home

I think you have been reading the wrong forum. There are no fans of her in here.

The only defence she got was from Shazanne when she said:
    NO child deserves to be hit by an adult man, no matter how badly behaved the child is. No exceptions!!

And thats an idealogical opinion which she reserves for all children. Even fictional, evil little monsters like Faye. Read back a few pages and you will see what I mean about there being no love of Faye on here.

• Advertisement

You come across a tad on the hostile side. Care to lighten up a bit?

Sorry, I just have a habit of being very direct with my words. Don't take it personally:p

Provide a shred of evidence. Give us a break. We are discussing Coronation Street not the Jackson trial.

That would be where the sensing bit comes in. You dont need to have seen something to sense something is wrong. Ever hear of the gut feeling?

Yes but there must be something leading you to those senses, they don't just magically appear:D I can't think of one instance since Owen has been with Anna, that would lead anyone to that gut feeling. I think people are still judging him purely on his past when it's been clear for quite some time now that he has shown nothing but good intentions and has done plenty of good, non selfish deeds.

Not sure I would equate "not lashing out" to reacting brilliantly, but alright.

Another person would have ran a mile from Anna if they found her foster kid to be spiking their drink. And yes, a lot of people would have lashed out. I think Eoin handled that situation in the best possible way and deserves to be commended for it.

Only when he realised that no matter what he did he couldn't break them up and that if he didn't start supporting them he would lose Katie for good.

I think he has shown over the last couple of months that he has grown to like Chesney and doesn't have a problem with him now. Granted, he did want to split them up but not for vindictive reasons, he only wanted best for his daughter(even if he was wrong)

I think you have been reading the wrong forum. There are no fans of her in here.

The only defence she got was from Shazanne when she said:

And thats an idealogical opinion which she reserves for all children. Even fictional, evil little monsters like Faye. Read back a few pages and you will see what I mean about there being no love of Faye on here.

I know there's no love for Faye per say, but there does seem to be an unfair disliking and judgement of Eoin. I'm sorry but I just found people backing up Faye for not wanting the pond and slating Eoin to be way OTT.:p

Faye wants Anna all for herself I'm surprised she hasnt tried to get rid of Gary yet :p

Owen did have Jim beat up and also threatened Eileen but he seems to have gotten a good heart since he took up with Anna

As some of the other men will attest, if I had a chance of being with Anna I would be on my best behaviour too. Wouldn't make me a saint though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I agree Faye is a cow, she is very manipulative and selfish. Its understandable though that she wants Anna to herself, she would have been through a lot before the adoption, iirc she had several foster parents but none of them stuck it out with her.

In Owen she primarily sees a threat to her time and relationship with Anna, which is understandable and not just because Anna is her foster parent, a lot of kids see a threat in their parents new partner, real or imagined. I suppose its some sort of self defence mechanism.

Owen has a lot of underlying aggression, he reminds me of a fully blown up balloon, one small prick in the way and he explodes, there are loads of examples of this, most recently when he attacked the baliff that came to get Chesneys stuff. He isn't afraid to throw his weight around, like pushing his way into David and Kylies the other night. It doesn't surprise me that he hits her, I said it here a couple of weeks ago that I think he will, he is your typical Mr. Angry, though if its handled well by the scriptwriters it could be a good story.

I also thought his pond thing was very selfish, he might own the house but Anna pays the rent, Owen decided it needed a pond and he convinced Anna to put one in, there was no real discussion on it, when the better option would be to repair the floor of the shed. He knew Faye liked it, and as a builder he could have it fixed quick enough. He should have thought a bit more the insensitive oik.

Btw Faye has been using the shed for a while now, there was a touching scene with her and Gary in the shed when they spoke of her fear of being adopted, there have also been plenty of scenes with her going in and out the back door to the garden, so its not something she just recently discovered.

Having said that Fayes charachter is annoying, another stroppy, spoilt female on the Street, not something we need. I reckon they are lining her up to be a future psycho like David Platt.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Owen is a nasty piece of work. We all remmeber how he terrorised Eileen a while back, not to mention Liz.

Faye is an annoying brat though...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

bijapos wrote: »
    Owen has a lot of underlying aggression, he reminds me of a fully blown up balloon, one small prick in the way and he explodes, there are loads of examples of this, most recently when he attacked the baliff that came to get Chesneys stuff. He isn't afraid to throw his weight around, like pushing his way into David and Kylies the other night.

And he yelled at Max the other night because his ball went over the fence. Yelling at a 5 year old who has been in care for years and has just that day been placed back with his mother and new step-father because he kicked a ball over the ridiculously low back fence of a house you don't even live in is a seriously dick move.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Owen is a nasty piece of work. We all remmeber how he terrorised Eileen a while back, not to mention Liz.

Owen's been a nasty piece of work from way back:

Whatdid Stella's fella hear in the taxi that confirmed his suspicions..?

An awful pity Peter didnt take Leanne for the odd walk..one that lasted longer than going to the Rovers :mad:

He seems to have forgotten Simon already.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Whatdid Stella's fella hear in the taxi that confirmed his suspicions..?
    Stella said to Lloyd we can't be around each other Christmas day especially with what happened last week, that's all he heard

• Advertisement

Im going to The Rovers for the Christmas dinner. 5.99 I think it said on the notice board :D

Has Peter discovered the difference between Love and Lust??

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

chucken1 wrote: »
    Im going to The Rovers for the Christmas dinner. 5.99 I think it said on the notice board :D

DON'T !

It's Betty's Hot Pot, from the freezer. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

See Carla running around like a teenager hopping and skipping which seemed like her first crush:D.Owen is a bit harsh alright, but this time I hope he wins the battle with them other two. Pair of kids robbing that heroin,(oops I mean Heron, bird thingy) ornamental:rolleyes:.

Peter bottles making the right decision again. Himself and Carla are made for eachother. Leanne is such hard work...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Peter bottles making the right decision again. Himself and Carla are made for eachother. Leanne is such hard work...:mad:

I don't agree at all! Leeanne has stood by him through everything. She's a good mother to Simon and she's stable. Peter and Carla will get bored of each other in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I thought Peter and Carla would make a great couple, but they just looked so wrong together last night :eek: I'd like to see him and Leanne break up, they're just staying with each other out of some misplaced loyalty at this stage. They've both had their flings.

Bring back the old womaniser Peter I say, his story lines were far more interesting than this hen-pecked husband :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

jimmyw wrote: »
    Owen is a bit harsh alright, but this time I hope he wins the battle with them other two. Pair of kids robbing that heroin,(oops I mean Heron, bird thingy) ornamental:rolleyes:.

That's another character that's had a complete turn around...it wasn't so long ago Owen was scaring the bejaysus out of Eileen....that Owen would have had David and Kylie buried under some one's patio by now!:D

No way Peter with Leanne is better

I thought Peter and Carla would make a great couple, but they just looked so wrong together last night :eek: I'd like to see him and Leanne break up, they're just staying with each other out of some misplaced loyalty at this stage. They've both had their flings.

Bring back the old womaniser Peter I say, his story lines were far more interesting than this hen-pecked husband :D

And what happens to Simon? I know we would all love to go back to our womanising ways, but we have responsibilities.

Leanne PITA as she is at times, stood by him during the drinking and became Simons defacto Ma. You need to think very carefully before you throw it away to become Carlas toyboy. Plus she is not the mothering kind and will have simon off to Boarding School before you can say Enid Blyton.

• Advertisement

And what happens to Simon? I know we would all love to go back to our womanising ways, but we have responsibilities.

Leanne PITA as she is at times, stood by him during the drinking and became Simons defacto Ma. You need to think very carefully before you throw it away to become Carlas toyboy. Plus she is not the mothering kind and will have simon off to Boarding School before you can say Enid Blyton.

I think Carla and Peter will break up after realising he is better with Leanne and Carla will become pregnant by Peter, this would hurt Leanne the most as she cant have kids :( Leanne is the best mother for Simon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement