Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

syklops wrote: »
    And what happens to Simon? I know we would all love to go back to our womanising ways, but we have responsibilities.

Leanne PITA as she is at times, stood by him during the drinking and became Simons defacto Ma. You need to think very carefully before you throw it away to become Carlas toyboy. Plus she is not the mothering kind and will have simon off to Boarding School before you can say Enid Blyton.

Simon may as well move in with Deirdre and Ken at this stage, he spends most of his life there any way :D

Leanne had an affair with Nick...so she's not as reliable as she makes herself out to be.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carla will become pregnant by Peter

oooh now that would be a good twist!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Si will get over it. He has ken and Dreary to fall back on. Think of the emotional scars of seeing his Dad being imasculated by a head wrecking Leanne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Leanne had an affair with Nick...so she's not as reliable as she makes herself out to be.

They did it on the floor of the Bistro and she was home to give Simon his tea. SHe is the safer guardian.

Peter got drunk and disappeared for a few hours while he went looking for Carlas snatch.

They did it on the floor of the Bistro and she was home to give Simon his tea. SHe is the safer guardian.

okay then...problem solved...she can take Simon and Peter can go back to his old ways :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was so distracted during the Peter and Carla in the park scenes. I couldn't take my eyes off of all of the dog extras. There was the big dog that couldn't take his eyes off the crew, the terrier that was going mad trying to get at the ducks and geese, the labrador looking for affection from the passing extras and the springer spaniel's reaction to the woman on the mobility scooter. Great TV!!!!:D

Peter got drunk and disappeared for a few hours while he went looking for Carlas snatch.

Peter was even planning on going to stay with Carla after having a 'talk' with Simon. Peter had no interest in him whatsoever, he was just going to fuçk off back to his fantasy with Carla regardless of the effect it would have on his son. Even when Simon was crying in his arms he just wanted rid of him so he could dump Leanne and get back to Carla. His plan seemed to involve him living with Carla while Leanne raises his son.
    this would hurt Leanne the most as she cant have kids :(
    Leanne can have kids, she just has one blocked tube. She could either pay a few hundred to have the tube unblocked with laser surgery or just rely on the other ovary, maybe taking tablets to stimulate it, which isn't even necessary in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Carla was hotter than usual last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I think Carla and Peter will break up after realising he is better with Leanne and Carla will become pregnant by Peter, this would hurt Leanne the most as she cant have kids :( Leanne is the best mother for Simon

Wouldn't this be the same sort of storyline as Steve/Becky/Tracey??

Which is in itself very similar to Steve/Karen/Tracey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Temaz wrote: »
    Carla was hotter than usual last night!!

Christ above! Between her in the bed and freshly showered in her dressing gown I was well in love with her, I hope nobody in the room noticed or I'm in big trouble :o. I felt sorry for her at the end, but she should have known Peters loyalties might be with his family.

iguana wrote: »
    I was so distracted during the Peter and Carla in the park scenes. I couldn't take my eyes off of all of the dog extras. There was the big dog that couldn't take his eyes off the crew, the terrier that was going mad trying to get at the ducks and geese, the labrador looking for affection from the passing extras and the springer spaniel's reaction to the woman on the mobility scooter. Great TV!!!!:D

Eccles must have a side trade in getting dogs in as extras.

I hope Lloyd doesn't leave, I like his charachter but maybe he should go away to clear his head of Cheryl. At least he isn't shacked up with Tyrones nutty cop girlfriend, she doesnt suit Ty at all. I reckon there will be a major bust up on Xmas Day. She's a crap actress anyway.

For Lloyd......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

bijapos wrote: »

I hope Lloyd doesn't leave, I like his charachter but maybe he should go away to clear his head of Cheryl.

Don't worry - if he's headed for Toxteth, he'll be back. ;)

Which is in itself very similar to Steve/Karen/Tracey.

Ahhh well pointed out! I hate when they trick us like that :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Storylines keep getting rehashed, remember Norris stealing Derek's plastic gnome from his garden?

mb1725 wrote: »
    Storylines keep getting rehashed, remember Norris stealing Derek's plastic gnome from his garden?

That was great storyline. I often wonder if the writers of Amélie watched Corrie in the '90s.

For some reason I have no feelings for Tracey now that she has lost the babies, she has been such an evil bitch and so hurtful to so many people over the years. I've no schadenfreude, but her tears at the end left me totally emotionless.

On a lighter side I was hoping the Emily-Rita spat would last another couple of episodes, kinda disappointed they didn't get into a cat fight on Christmas Day.

For some reason I have no feelings for Tracey now that she has lost the babies, she has been such an evil bitch and so hurtful to so many people over the years. I've no schadenfreude, but her tears at the end left me totally emotionless.

There is also the fact that Kate Ford is a brutal actor so I didn't buy her panic, pain or grief. Even more than that, knowing what is coming next in this storyline disgusts me so much that I just want it over and done with and have zero emotional investment in it.
    On a lighter side I was hoping the Emily-Rita spat would last another couple of episodes, kinda disappointed they didn't get into a cat fight on Christmas Day.

I loved Rita at the end when she mouthed, "I'm the winner" to herself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Even more than that, knowing what is coming next in this storyline disgusts me so much that I just want it over and done with and have zero emotional investment in it.

What's coming next?? :eek:

Shelga wrote: »
    What's coming next?? :eek:

She falls down the stairs at Becky's flat on Monday and accuses Becky of pushing her so everyone brands Becky a baby murderer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Its all a bit silly that no one gets a hold of Steve while shes in hospital.
    His phone is off but surely Dreary would have called the cab office or the pub to try get a message to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

chucken1 wrote: »
    Its all a bit silly that no one gets a hold of Steve while shes in hospital.
    His phone is off but surely Dreary would have called the cab office or the pub to try get a message to him.
    but Deirdrie is so used to covering for 'our tracey' that she rushes to traceys side all the time, she doesn't even tell Ken half of what goes on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

they've had so many affairs I can barely keep track of whether they're together or not half the time myself

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

She falls down the stairs at Becky's flat on Monday and accuses Becky of pushing her so everyone brands Becky a baby murderer.

I don't understand how people would believe this. Surely Deidre would say something. I just wish they would kill Tracy off, she can't decide if she is good or bad, not to mention the fact Kate Ford cannot handle any serious scenes.

I think It would work better with someone else playing Tracy - Like a better actress maybe ?!

I think It would work better with someone else playing Tracy - Like a better actress maybe ?!

It would look a bit silly to change the actress playing the charachter, especially such a well known one. They do it with kids which is fair enough but the only adult I can think of is Nick.

I think Traceys charachter is vile, its way over the top and she should be toned down a bit. EG when she heard that Ashley had died she slagged Claire over it in the pub. Any neighbours in their right mind would have shunned her, any pub would have banned her, but no, she just carries on. Its not humorous like Blanche or mildly insensitive like Percy Sugden or Ena Sharples.

I personally think she should go, at the very least her charchter should have been toned down a bit after she got out of prison.

Would make better sense to change the actress rather than paying sh!tload of money per week to someone who cant act worth their salt

lizt wrote: »
    I don't understand how people would believe this. Surely Deidre would say something. I just wish they would kill Tracy off, she can't decide if she is good or bad, not to mention the fact Kate Ford cannot handle any serious scenes.
    apparently
    Deirdre says nothing because she's afraid Tracy will do something silly to herself. Tracy's afraid Steve will leave her because he only stayed with her in the first place because of the twins.

It would look a bit silly to change the actress playing the charachter, especially such a well known one. They do it with kids which is fair enough but the only adult I can think of is Nick.

They did it with Tracey. Up until 1999 Tracey was played by Dawn Acton. When she returned in 2002 she was replaced by Kate Ford.

acton_dawn3.gifacton_dawn2.gif

Peter Barlow in his 20s was played by David Lonsdale.
    ndx540.png

I think on the whole people would have appreciated an actor who could actually act than a woman who'd only played Tracey for a few years and does so pretty badly.

I think on the whole people would have appreciated an actor who could actually act than a woman who'd only played Tracey for a few years and does so pretty badly.

Thank You !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So Peter Barlow turned from a fair haired, slightly chubby man to a short(ish) dark haired skinny guy, and Nick turns from a blond 20 something to a brown-haired 40 something?

God I love Coronation Street :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I have pretty much zero sympathy for Tracy, I guess I'm a horrible person. She's a murderer who habitually lies to suit herself. Shame on Deirdre for just sitting there like a tool and letting her make Becky out to be a killer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement