Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

greenie wrote: »
    Isn't moustache guy going to close his account seeing as he's emigrating? Or is he in on it? (I missed today's episode so apologies if this was covered!!)
    It's heading for disaster either way & I just know it's gonna be dragged out!

Could be in on it. He's played the criminal role himself in Coronation Street before. Jimmy Clayton. Maybe he's already stolen "Colins" identity.

Ryan breaks up with Sian late on Sunday night and between then and Monday morning he has time for a haircut. What kind of hours does Audrey work.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Epicurus wrote: »
    I think they'd be brilliant. Anna was great with Chesney around the time of the Fiz and John wedding.

Spot on...:)

Could be in on it. He's played the criminal role himself in Coronation Street before. Jimmy Clayton. Maybe he's already stolen "Colins" identity.

Ryan breaks up with Sian late on Sunday night and between then and Monday morning he has time for a haircut. What kind of hours does Audrey work.

Looked more like a DIY job to me...:D Surely Audrey has more professional integrity than to let a customer out looking like that...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I think they'd be brilliant. Anna was great with Chesney around the time of the Fiz and John wedding.

Ya she is totally under used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Has Janice forgot all about her idea of training to be a nurse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Graeme Proctor will find himself in a love triangle with Weatherfield’s two hottest woman.

The clueless butcher will have saucy minx Rosie Webster and stunning Tina McIntyre fighting for his affections.

Graeme, played by Craig Gazey, 27, will become the most unlikely Corrie Romeo after bosses decided he finally needs to have a bit of luck with the ladies.

But we can reveal the course of true love doesn’t run smoothly for the poor fella.He becomes close to Tina (Michelle Keegan, 22) after she tries to commit suicide.

And Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 19) finally says yes to a drink and they arrange to meet in the Rovers.

Caring Graeme stands Rosie up because he feels Tina needs him more.

And in hilarious scenes, Graeme rips his clothes, roughs himself up and spreads ketchup on his face and claims he was mugged.

But Rosie smells a rat, telling him: “You’re a pathetic, cringeing, snivelling worm with ketchup spread all over your face.

“No-one ever stands me up and gets a second chance. Now do me one last favour. Go as far away as possible and just roll up and die.”

Ever-optimistic Graeme gets Rosie’s door slammed in his face when he responds: “You can’t mean that Rosie‚ let’s go for a lie-down and talk about it.”

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Has Janice forgot all about her idea of training to be a nurse.

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten that myself...:rolleyes:

Coronation Street superbitch Tracy Barlow is to be brutally beaten by fellow prisoners in a forthcoming storyline, according to a report.
    The twisted character, played by actress Kate Ford, is left fighting for her life when inmates turn on her for framing innocent Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth) for murder, The Sun claims.
    As revealed last month, Tracy ends up sharing a cell with Gail after being enlisted to extract a confession from her former neighbour in return for early release. She then concocts a false story to ensure that police have a case against Gail, who is suspected of killing husband Joe.
    However, it is thought that other prisoners soon discover that Tracy has been helping the authorities and go on to corner her in the showers, delivering kicks and punches until she is left unconscious.
    A Weatherfield source said: "Tracy is horrified when she realises the girls have rumbled her twisted plan. She's brazen and never had any trouble in jail before, but this really shakes her.
    "There is no way of escaping the angry mob and she takes the beating of a lifetime. It's touch-and-go whether she survives."
    The plot is expected to have significant consequences for life back on the Street as Tracy's mother Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) is left devastated by the attack.
    Meanwhile, Gail's son Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) will reportedly square up to Tracy's stepbrother Peter (Chris Gascoyne) when he discovers what she has been up to.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street superbitch Tracy Barlow is to be brutally beaten by fellow prisoners in a forthcoming storyline, according to a report.
    The twisted character, played by actress Kate Ford, is left fighting for her life when inmates turn on her for framing innocent Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth) for murder, The Sun claims.
    As revealed last month, Tracy ends up sharing a cell with Gail after being enlisted to extract a confession from her former neighbour in return for early release. She then concocts a false story to ensure that police have a case against Gail, who is suspected of killing husband Joe.
    However, it is thought that other prisoners soon discover that Tracy has been helping the authorities and go on to corner her in the showers, delivering kicks and punches until she is left unconscious.
    A Weatherfield source said: "Tracy is horrified when she realises the girls have rumbled her twisted plan. She's brazen and never had any trouble in jail before, but this really shakes her.
    "There is no way of escaping the angry mob and she takes the beating of a lifetime. It's touch-and-go whether she survives."
    The plot is expected to have significant consequences for life back on the Street as Tracy's mother Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) is left devastated by the attack.
    Meanwhile, Gail's son Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) will reportedly square up to Tracy's stepbrother Peter (Chris Gascoyne) when he discovers what she has been up to.

I'll be gwetting the corn out to watch that...:)

Am I in a minority of one who likes the Tracy character. Shes far better for Steve than dreary Becky.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wait, so she is going to make up the story, and then get beaten half to death in prison, or is it when she gets out?

Is she going to be released at all? :confused:

This entire storyline is just retarded :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

syklops wrote: »
    He said his wife left him so I dont think that was his wife.

Whoever she is I think we'll see her again..they spent too much time showing her flirting with John and Fizz getting all jealous!

I'll be gwetting the corn out to watch that...:)

Am I in a minority of one who likes the Tracy character. Shes far better for Steve than dreary Becky.:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Speaking of Becky..it looks like it's gonna be easy enough for them to adopt but I thought it was a tough process for people with a criminal record? She's had a very dodgy past and Steve's been in jail twice I think. I would've thought this would greatly affect their chances:confused: I wonder if their past is going to enter into this storyline at all or are we going to just hear nothing until they announce they got accepted & a kid arrives that day?
    WellI guess it can't be any worse than the big Cancer storyline right? How long did it last..2 episodes? And we haven't seen her since!!!

Speaking of Becky..it looks like it's gonna be easy enough for them to adopt but I thought it was a tough process for people with a criminal record? She's had a very dodgy past and Steve's been in jail twice I think. I would've thought this would greatly affect their chances:confused: I wonder if their past is going to enter into this storyline at all or are we going to just hear nothing until they announce they got accepted & a kid arrives that day?
    WellI guess it can't be any worse than the big Cancer storyline right? How long did it last..2 episodes? And we haven't seen her since!!!

Good point there. Maybe Eddie and Anna get further down the process to Everyone's surprise. I just can't warm to Becky. Never could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

lol at audreys assistant bombin out with nick

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Correct me if I'm wrong but are we not supposed to believe that Sally is staying in her sister's house... In fairness Kevin probably couldn't take care of her anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I used to find Becky funny but not anymore really. She annoys me so much when she loudly chews gum with her mouth open... the way she lunges at Steve, wraps her thighs around him and sucks the face off him:(.
    Nutcase John is getting on my nerves too. I think if the script writers were intending to have him back as a regular character I think they should've made out he had a kind of nervous breakdown that time with Rosie and had him sectioned in a mental hospital instead of in prison. Wouldn't that be a good idea? Then he could've been released with a clean slate and get a job teaching prisoners maybe or night classes for adults.
    If he's caught out here (which he will be) he'll be off to jail again. Don't think I could bear Fizz sobbing for another 10yrs:(.
    Can't wait to see Kevin's face when he finds out it's a wee boy...he'll be like a spittin' divil:D. By the way, why are himself and Molly so sure the baby's his? Were her and Tyrone not sleeping together at all during the affair? Jeez I'm sure he let him have the odd wee snuggle.

lizt wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are we not supposed to believe that Sally is staying in her sister's house... In fairness Kevin probably couldn't take care of her anyway.

That's where she is but I think a lot of people were interested in how this story was going to be played out. They made such a big deal about introducing it...how Sally finds out she has Breast Cancer, a disease affecting millions of women today...but it really hasn't been that much of a storyline in my opinion ...I presumed we'd see her coping after her lumpectomy..I think they downplayed it, especially after the op, or maybe the Kevin & Molly story overshadowed it. Anyway I'm just hoping she doesn't come back all jolly & ready for work cos that would be taking the piss!!

Ann22 wrote: »
    I used to find Becky funny but not anymore really. She annoys me so much when she loudly chews gum with her mouth open... the way she lunges at Steve, wraps her thighs around him and sucks the face off him:(.
    Nutcase John is getting on my nerves too. I think if the script writers were intending to have him back as a regular character I think they should've made out he had a kind of nervous breakdown that time with Rosie and had him sectioned in a mental hospital instead of in prison. Wouldn't that be a good idea? Then he could've been released with a clean slate and get a job teaching prisoners maybe or night classes for adults.
    If he's caught out here (which he will be) he'll be off to jail again. Don't think I could bear Fizz sobbing for another 10yrs:(.
    Can't wait to see Kevin's face when he finds out it's a wee boy...he'll be like a spittin' divil:D. By the way, why are himself and Molly so sure the baby's his? Were her and Tyrone not sleeping together at all during the affair? Jeez I'm sure he let him have the odd wee snuggle.

Hmmm... I agree 100% with you re Becky. She's just very unlikeable to me.

John is a tough one to call. Maybe the writers are going to give him a real addict stroyline rather than the silly way Peter sorted out his alcoholism in the blink of an eye.

Maybe John is going to prey on another young schoolgirl a la the trend for most sexual predators of underage children. Whar better way than a school 30 miles away from where you live? Maybe Fiz could do a Sally and do her bawling at her sisters in Burnley...;)

Maybe Fiz could do a Sally and do her bawling at her sisters in Burnley...;)

Thats not an option. Fiz only has another brother apart from Chesney ;). Could always bring Cillia back for a while if necessary; Fiz wouldn't be the only one crying then.

Maybe John is going to prey on another young schoolgirl a la the trend for most sexual predators of underage children. Whar better way than a school 30 miles away from where you live? Maybe Fiz could do a Sally and do her bawling at her sisters in Burnley...;)

Maybe they will, though he wasn't a perve really with Rosie or was he? What was going on there anyway, was he just trying to punish her or was he getting off on it? Maybe it was the start of him becoming a weirdo.

• Advertisement

Maybe they will, though he wasn't a perve really with Rosie or was he? What was going on there anyway, was he just trying to punish her or was he getting off on it? Maybe it was the start of him becoming a weirdo.

Hmm. I'm not an expert in the field but safe to say weird is a good way of putting it ;)

That schoolgirl who was showing John around the school reminds me of someone, is it the young Jordache one in Brookside? Beth's sister. It can't be her though, she'd be a fair bit older by now. I wonder will something happen between her and the weird one?

That schoolgirl who was showing John around the school reminds me of someone, is it the young Jordache one in Brookside? Beth's sister. It can't be her though, she'd be a fair bit older by now. I wonder will something happen between her and the weird one?

I reckon she's gonna be involved in his downfall in some way especially after John said 'you're going to get me in trouble'. I bet she develops a crush or something.
    I think Julie will find something out aswell..she was going on a bit much about John's 'boss' today. I can see her bumping into him somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I reckon she's gonna be involved in his downfall in some way especially after John said 'you're going to get me in trouble'. I bet she develops a crush or something.
    I think Julie will find something out aswell..she was going on a bit much about John's 'boss' today. I can see her bumping into him somewhere!

Didnt see the episode yet(Hope to tonight), but I wonder if said schoolgirl is going to become involved with him in some way. I have to say I really dont like John. At first he was grand. Even after prison I thought he was OK, but this new idea of his, and the way he railroaded fizz into it. For someone who is meant to be a smart guy you think he would have done a bit more research on the CV, even just google the names for flips sake.

To be honest I think the whole identity theft storyline is a bit weak. Few people get away with indentity theft on that level. Creating identities works because they have no history, but stealing someone elses does not because there is the 7 degrees of seperation factor to think of. All the time we as people meet other we know or relatives of people we know in the strangest of places. He meets the wrong person at the wrong time and he is finished.

I worked with a Czech in Swords in Dublin about 5 years ago, and a few weeks ago I met him in Tesco in Brno. If he had said Hi syklops, but my girlfriend who I was with at the time knew me as Ringo Starr, then I would have some explaining to do.

How he thinks that he can get away with this I dont understand. He barely got through the interview, does he really think he can live like this for 20 years? Or is he doing what he always does which is stick is head in the sand and hope that wont happen. Like he did with Rosie. "Ill stick her in the attic and hope no-one misses her and hope she does not get hungry or need the loo". Idiot.

Jo Brand said something like "People who go through life with their head in the sand, all you see is an arse". Sounds like John in my opinion.

Sorry for the rant.

I wasn't sure if pg was a pupil or another teacher but the way the Head was speaking we're supposed to believe she's a pupil. I just thought she was way too old looking and 'fresh' with both the Head and John.

I wasn't sure if pg was a pupil or another teacher but the way the Head was speaking we're supposed to believe she's a pupil. I just thought she was way too old looking and 'fresh' with both the Head and John.

Maybe they needed an older actress to be able to do the sort of things they have in mind for John to do with(to) her.

John Stape is a boring a$$hole why is he still on the show :confused:

I thought that girl was a fellow teacher at first but the way the Head spoke to her she must be a student. Very mature 6th former! Poor Fiz will be taking a back seat again soon.

I preferred Molly and Tyrones ice cream van crash than the other nights. And how many more never before mentioned sisters is Sally going to stay with.

• Advertisement

Great episode last night(mondays). That student did look mature. I think someone on the hiring staff in granada has a fetish for black hair and strong tan as the student who showed John around was tanned with black hair. So thats Tina, Michelle and Polly 'Ive got a thing for teachers' Petticoat. He obviously doesn't know the origins of the phrase 'blacks and tan'.

She was very mature looking. Maybe its a hint to us that John is not into schoolgirls, just that he is a poor unfortunate man who is attracted to attractive women, and gets lead astray(easily I might add).

Poor Fizz.

The car crash was good. Do you think she will lose the baby and then blame Kevin?

As for sophie, Sian(what kind of name is that?) has pounced back on to Ryan, and will probably be opening her legs more often for him to re-affirm her sexuality. I wonder is this 'the end of the affair'? Is Sophie sad because she has lost her best mate? Or is she sad because she realised she was mad for Sian and now has no chance of getting in her knickers. Sian was/is hot though. I think my mother would reconsider her sexuality when looking at her. Was that it do you think, or will there be more?

I have to say I dont like the way its going with Gary going AWOL from the army. I know the idea was for him to get scared by his friends brother losing his legs in Afghanistan and he probably got more spooked meeting that girl in the wheel chair last week(who btw both me and my missus thought was great and wouldn't mind seeing more of). However, I think its very sad. It would have been a better turn around if he went off to Iraq or whereever, got decorated and 'allowed' go home after a short period. It would be more inline with his charachter I think, as he hasa never bottled something in the past. I dont think its in his nature. I know Granada didnt wnt to think it was a recruiting campaign for the british army, but there were other ways for the story to end than Gary going to prison(yet again).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement