Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

jimmyw wrote: »
    yeah she is getting to start being very possessive now, you complete loser Tyrone for being shacked up with that syco:rolleyes:.speaking of which, Steve is another pathetic loser.

in fairness to tyrone she is a 10.

and hold ona minute steves not funny i think he is. hes hardly gna be churning knock knock jokes out during his serious scenes now is he...

deirdre is a proper mug i know a mothers love is strong but this is taking the cake for the amount of times shes stood up for tracey even though she knows shes in the wrong.

also its a bit silly to be honest the storyline, do the writers expect us to believe tracey is too much of a fool not to realise that admittance records are not kept at hospitals and the police would only have to check to see she was admitted only a day prior to the staircase incident for a miscarrage

GOD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is anyone else surprised at Deirdre's behaviour in all this?? Okay, I know that Tracey gave a veiled threat of doing harm to herself if the truth got out, but I can't believe that Deirdre would stand aside and let Becky take the blame for something as serious as this.

Also, what was the excuse for the ambulance arriving so late for the baby delivery tonight? I missed a few minutes here and there so I'm thinking they must have had a pretty good excuse for taking so long to turn up? Maybe they had to come all the way from Glasgow or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watched last night's and tonight's episodes...I'm beside myself with frustration and rage:mad:! I mean...how in the name of Jaysus do the writers expect us to believe Steve is sooo stupid?!!!! Wtf?! He knows well what Tracy's capable of! It's totally out of character of him to take Tracy's word over Becky's. Fcuk sake!!:mad: Oh as for Hayley...no way would she (?) doubt Becky's word.:mad: I hoped Becky would end up with your man in the hotel...he's a well known actor from Holby City and from the movie Creep...so I doubt he was brought in for just one episode. I'd love to see Becky go off into the sunset with him.

Also, what was the excuse for the ambulance arriving so late for the baby delivery tonight? I missed a few minutes here and there so I'm thinking they must have had a pretty good excuse for taking so long to turn up? Maybe they had to come all the way from Glasgow or something??

My hubbie who doesn't watch it usually, pointed that out to me earlier. It seemingly was daytime when they called the ambulance and it was ages later when it arrived...even before Chesney appeared. Bit silly that:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Tracey losing the babies one day, then falling down the stair the next day and blaming Becky for the miscarriage is and utterly ridiculous story line.

The night Tracey miscarried and Deidre was by her side and found out. How come Ken didn't find out that night also? Why wasn't he told immediately?

It's so utterly unrealistic and stupid, how they even considered going ahead ahead with the plot is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

"he would have been a simple man". What ? like Kirk ? :pac:

What's that Steve said to Becky tonight-"You're the manipulative one"? Wtf? Now that's just ridiculous...mad and a bit of a nutter Becky may well be but compared to Tracy, she's mother Teresa. Another stupid thing is Hayley doubting Becky's word. Frig sake! That's not believeable at all.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Deirdre can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

amacachi wrote: »
    Deirdre can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

An awful pity she wouldn't, permanently. Been sick to death of her screwed up chain smoking wrinkly gob for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dear Corrie Writers,

I have a few questions:

1. WHY is that gear-grinding DOSE Mary still in the show? She serves NO purpose other than to irritate the viewer.

2. When are you going to get rid of that social-climbing-gallingly-smug-self-centred-street-bike Sally Webster? Can you not even give her a character altering come-uppance?

3. Does Norris have ANY decency in him at all? Surely by now the rest of the older cast would have frozen him out? He's no Percy Sugden you know.

4. Why is Tracey Barlow such a draw? Is there nothing you can do to convince the equally pointless Deirdre and her scrubber daughter to feck off to Spain or something?

5. Why can no-one see that Carla is a Black Widow/Cuckoo? Women like this do not evoke any sort of empathy.

Please tell me I'm not the only despairing viewer out there.

Sincerely,

Wash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't like Carla at-all. I know what happened to her was awful, but I just don't like the character.
    I would feel sorry for Leanne, if all the Carla/Peter stuff becomes known, but when you're married to a man who was married before to two women at the same time and had a child with one of them you should be prepared that he'll do the dirty on you. And after the way he treated Leanne at their 'wedding'- the cheek of you Peter! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

To be fair, Leanne isn't exactly one to talk when it comes to being faithful.

Well that's my point- she was unfaithful to Peter and he completely punished and humiliated her, like he was whiter than white, then cheats on her within a few months of their wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt Peter cheat on Leanne first I think with Michelle or someone else when they first got together :confused: Anyways Leanne has become Simon's mother and so far Peter is only thinking of himself, his main and top priority should be Simon and Carla shows no maternal instincts whatsoever

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Didnt Peter cheat on Leanne first I think with Michelle or someone else when they first got together :confused: Anyways Leanne has become Simon's mother and so far Peter is only thinking of himself, his main and top priority should be Simon and Carla shows no maternal instincts whatsoever

He shagged some random woman when he was supposed to be at rehab but was instead on her yacht. The plot was a bit of a plot device as Danson was pregnant at the time and Peter's cheating meant Leanne left him and the street in order to give Danson maternity leave. While she was gone Peter had a bit of a thing with Michelle for a while but she chose Luke Strong over Peter. Then Simon's rabbit, who he called Leanne, died and Peter decided to go looking for her and convince her to come back to him.

How many of Steve's potential babies have been lost to miscarriage now? Two with Tracey, two with Becky and one with Karen, so five in the last seven years. The man should get his sperm looked at, I suspect it's dna is fragmented.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol at Kirk singing Bad Romance to baby Hope!

I swear to god. Is Steve gurns any more his face might turn inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is there going to be a good outcome to this story? Tracy wasn't rattled by the police as much as I would have liked :mad:

casio4 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a good outcome to this story? Tracy wasn't rattled by the police as much as I would have liked :mad:
    Becky breaks into the medical centre and steals Tracey's records proving Tracey miscarried the day before. She bursts in on Steve and Tracey's wedding and reveals the truth to the assembled congregation. Then she flies off to a new life in Dubai with her new boyfriend and his son even though Steve follows her to the airport to apologise/ask for her to come back.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when
    the wedding is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does anyone know when
    the wedding is going to be?

My guess around Valentine's Day

iguana wrote: »
    The man should get his sperm looked at, I suspect it's dna is fragmented.
    Plus, the original Amy had a monobrow, that's just not right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I used to like Steve but he's not a believable characater and hasnt been for a good few yrs. Its another case now of him realising he's made a mistake. I hope Becky gets Tracy found out, Steve will come crawling back and she gives him the 2 fingers

God bless Rosie (Helen Flanagan) & Michelle (Kym Marsh) aswell...!!! :D

Just need to bring back Suranne Jones now

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Now, I think you have !! And where have you been lately? ;)

Sorry Oliver, I was just reading back through the thread an spotted this...I've been busy with a course and any spare laptop time I had I've been stuck on Gardens of Time on Facebook. I'm totally addicted. Any Boards updates I get into my email, this thread is the only one I read. I'm enjoying reading through everyone's rants:D. I'll defo make more of an effort to keep up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

casio4 wrote: »

I thought she was. Once the cops go to the hospital it should all come out and hopefully we won't have to endure her any longer

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Tracy deserves a medal for finally getting rid of the blonde trailor trash..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Tracy deserves a medal for finally getting rid of the blonde trailor trash..:)

True

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I've disliked Becky from the very beginning. she imasculated steve and turned him into a wet mop. hopefully now the old Steve can arise from the ashes...

• Advertisement

I couldn't believe it when Steve got with Becky. Indeed, in my opinion, she did totally ruin his character. I think Tracy is vile too, though, obviously!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement