Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

hopefully now the old Steve can arise from the ashes...

have you been watching too much sci fi

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Posy wrote: »
    I couldn't believe it when Steve got with Becky. Indeed, in my opinion, she did totally ruin his character.

Spot on...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It seems to me that Steve is being played more for laughs these days. He can't seem to be able to do a scene without pulling a face or gurning. He used to be a slimy/dodgy character in his day but it looks like the writers have turned him into a junior Jack Duckworth now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This is great stuff.. Coronation Street do humour well..

Jason: "Come on people... Rosie has a job to do"
    Rosie: "Thanks babe"..

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am still finding it strange seeing becky and her sister kylie all sweetness and light, great buddies they are when they were at each others throats before :D.

Karl you fool, she is going to have your goolies on a plate when Stella finds out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jimmyw wrote: »
    I am still finding it strange seeing becky and her sister kylie all sweetness and light, great buddies they are when they were at each others throats before :D.

Karl you fool, she is going to have your goolies on a plate when Stella finds out:D
    how does karl think he will get away with taking all the money? I know stella counted it but he could have taken one or two notes and she might have thought she missed a note, but I suppose the gambler will always spot an opportunity and take it making the excuses later:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Every woman that Steve is involved with, henpecks him. He's such a big stupid (but funny at times, I have to say) gobsh*te!

In saying that, imo Steve's big girl's blouseness pales into insignificance beside Nick's. For fcuk's sake, Gail is such an overbearing interfering old wagon, Nick will you cop yourself on and move the fcuk out! As for your one Eva, what a horrible individual she is...I do understand how you'd hate to have her as your daughter in-law but Gail hates every female Nick gets within half a mile of...silly deranged cow!

And on the Sophie/Sian storyline...I don't think Amber is half as bad as Sunita makes out, I think she just resents her as she's the result of Dev and some other woman's naked greasy contortions under the bedclothes. At the hen party Amber just tried to test Sophie's feelings for her so she'd wise up to her stupidity on marrying someone she's not 100% about, Sunita just assumed she was **** stirring. I'll be glad for these two to split up, Sian's squeaking and simpering is putting me off my Chocolate Kimberlies:(.

Is anyone else just not buying Sophie and Sian's relationship? I'll probably get shot by the PC police for saying this, but they're a very unlikely pair of lesbians. It's a bit like Hayley trying to pass herself off as a transexual. We all know the person who plays her is a woman, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I'll be glad when all this Sophie/Sian stuff ends. I think it's a very boring storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Every woman that Steve is involved with, henpecks him. He's such a big stupid (but funny at times, I have to say) gobsh*te!

In saying that, imo Steve's big girl's blouseness pales into insignificance beside Nick's. For fcuk's sake, Gail is such an overbearing interfering old wagon, Nick will you cop yourself on and move the fcuk out! As for your one Eva, what a horrible individual she is...I do understand how you'd hate to have her as your daughter in-law but Gail hates every female Nick gets within half a mile of...silly deranged cow!

And on the Sophie/Sian storyline...I don't think Amber is half as bad as Sunita makes out, I think she just resents her as she's the result of Dev and some other woman's naked greasy contortions under the bedclothes. At the hen party Amber just tried to test Sophie's feelings for her so she'd wise up to her stupidity on marrying someone she's not 100% about, Sunita just assumed she was **** stirring. I'll be glad for these two to split up, Sian's squeaking and simpering is putting me off my Chocolate Kimberlies:(.

:( The thoughts of it.

Sophie and Sian are wayyyy too young to be so serious no matter what their preference is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

chucken1 wrote: »
    :( The thoughts of it.

Sophie and Sian are wayyyy too young to be so serious no matter what their preference is.

And while it may happen once in a blue moon who decides their gay then wanting to be with their best friend and go on to wanting to marry her?

Sophie is young she's plenty of time to get jerked around before settling down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

. . .Steve's big girl's blouseness pales into insignificance beside Nick's. . . . Sian's squeaking and simpering is putting me off my Chocolate Kimberlies:(.

Ann22 back on top form - and off the custard creams, I see. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is anyone else just not buying Sophie and Sian's relationship? I'll probably get shot by the PC police for saying this, but they're a very unlikely pair of lesbians. It's a bit like Hayley trying to pass herself off as a transexual. We all know the person who plays her is a woman, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I'll be glad when all this Sophie/Sian stuff ends. I think it's a very boring storyline.

Do you know many lesbians?

Remind me..whos the new seamstress????
    I remember bringing her son on a date to the Bistro...with who????

Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Remind me..whos the new seamstress????
    I remember bringing her son on a date to the Bistro...with who????

Or am I thinking of someone else?

She's an ex of Steve's. Apparently she was gorgeous many years ago so he took her on a date in the Bistro recently to make Becky jealous (during her and Nick's fling).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I thought she was Cilla when I first saw her. Chesney's mum I mean not Cilla Black.

iguana wrote: »
    She's an ex of Steve's. Apparently she was gorgeous many years ago so he took her on a date in the Bistro recently to make Becky jealous (during her and Nick's fling).

Thats it. My memory blanked there for a minute :)

efb wrote: »
    Do you know many lesbians?

I knew a few during my college days and I can assure you that if any of them subsequently decided to have a civil partnership ceremony, they most certainly would not have turned up to the ceremony wearing frilly white bridal gowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

she had a few good lines there "i'm glad I glued my false tooth in" and "the little lad got his hand stuck in a tin of beans, great little eater he is had to bring him to a&e and get him cut out" :D

I knew a few during my college days and I can assure you that if any of them subsequently decided to have a civil partnership ceremony, they most certainly would not have turned up to the ceremony wearing frilly white bridal gowns.

Sophie and Sian are only 17 though. Not many 17 year olds are bastions of good taste.

So do you all think they should have got married or not?

Ive said already they are both way too young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

So do you all think they should have got married or not?

Ive said already they are both way too young.

I think they were way too young to get married, no matter if they are gay or straight.
    I also agree that Amber is getting too harshly painted out of this.

Am laughing that I thought that seamstress was Cilla Brown too:D.

I hope that Frank and his mother will be gone soon. They are wreaking it for me.

I stoppped watching Corrie for a bit. I just cant take it seriously since Mary kidnapped and terrorrised Norris and now they are BFF, FFs. But it is great must get back into it

Lisha wrote: »
    I hope that Frank and his mother will be gone soon. They are wreaking it for me.

Supposedly Frank gets found innocent of raping Carla, attempts to rape Sally and is murdered, prompting a whodunnit story as at least Kevin, Peter, Carla, Sally and maybe Maria will have motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

they seem to be getting too fond of these whodunnit stories

And I guess before they off him they will have him be utterly vile to a selection of street residents in order to up the suspect list. I bet he'll even be sick on a widow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lots of my female lesbian friends would love to wear white dresses1 only one wants 18 hole Oxblood doc martins with it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

In saying that, imo Steve's big girl's blouseness pales into insignificance beside Nick's. For fcuk's sake, Gail is such an overbearing interfering old wagon, Nick will you cop yourself on and move the fcuk out!
    He's nearly 40 (at least!) and owns his own restaurant, he has no excuse for being at home with Gail! Plus, being at home with Gail means living with Gail !
    As Jim McDonald would say, cop yourself on, Nick.
    I think she just resents her as she's the result of Dev and some other woman's naked greasy contortions under the bedclothes.
    Well, thanks a million for that mental image. :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

The storyline is ridiculous if ya ask me. Who in Gods name would let their 17 year old daughter get married (apart from different ethnic groups)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

!
    As Jim McDonald would say, cop yourself on, Nick.

Well, thanks a million for that mental image. :mad: :eek:
    Jim McDonald would say, cop yourself on Nicholas ! :D

He's nearly 40 (at least!) and owns his own restaurant, he has no excuse for being at home with Gail!

Nick will be 31 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

In real life Nick (Ben Price) is 39, soon to be 40.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement