Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yes indeed that's true,
    but with two people making claims,might you not have doubts at least?

She did have doubts but then Carla lied to her to suit herself which made her wonder when else Carla lied to suit herself. Sally was initially supportive of Carla and helped run the factory when Carla was first raped. Then she got to know Frank, or at least she thinks she did, and decided she believed him. Frank is clearly very manipulative, he did it with Carla after Maria's accusations and he's doing it extremely well now with Sally. His whole sad eyes and offers for Sally to leave the door open if she's scared the other week was a masterclass in manipulation.

The other thing is that Sally is clearly very, very good at her job, she's been shown to be much better than Carla at sourcing business and troubleshooting potential problems. Frank is the first person to recognise this about her and give her the opportunity to advance in a field she is good at. I know people suggest Sally is up herself but how many people here would be satisfied to spend 5 days a week stitching knickers in a factory, especially when they are capable of running the business far better than the owners. I like Corrie but it is traditionally very, very down on anyone who has a bit of professional ambition, especially the women.

We know that he's a rapist because we saw enough to let us know it happened, because we have seen scenes where Carla has broken down and because we've seen Frank admit it to Peter and Carla, Sally doesn't know any of that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ann22 wrote: »
    That's probably the end of the road for Anna and Owen...That young one is a psychopath in the making. Poor fish:(.

Sally is such an idiot..fcuk sake:rolleyes:
    I'm trying to be sympathetic to the young wan- terrible upbringing, foster care etc.. but she's evil!! (Still, Owen is a total psycho, I'm not surprised he lost the rag!)

Sally IS an idiot- she'd be the first to condemn anyone with no evidence herself, but won;t believe a word said against Frank, despite the previous allegations of two women! She sure can pick 'em! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Haha some mothers do ave em ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

"Kate is contracted to be in the soap until next autumn but hopes her character will be able to stay on. "

Next autumn? As in Autumn 2013? Ah jaysus! I cant stand her. What will she be doing for so long. Disowned by her Dad and Fiancee it seems. God no.

Is it safe to assume Becky is going to go to Barbados with whats his name?

If this is all happening next week, the timing would be right.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I was saying this to herself the other night. Every time, everytime Leanne says "I know me and Peter have had our ups and downs, but ...", you know trouble is only around the corner. I bet if we went back to every up and down they have had, Leanne has said "I know me and Peter have had our ups and downs, but..." within a few days previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Seriously sally is such an idiot. Albeit an idiot with much better dress sense that before. And is it possible for her to actually have a job without sleeping with the boss?
    Oh and whats with rosies eyebrows??? Anyone else think shes a ringer for mr.bean?!
    The owen and faye scene was greeat, he should have hit the little psycho harder.....god i hate that child.

qwertytlk wrote: »
    And is it possible for her to actually have a job without sleeping with the boss? .

Now THERES a question:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

As terrible as it sounds, I would love some crazed gunman to appear on the street and kill off Tracy, Kirsty, Faye, Carl, Eva etc.

I hate so many of the characters at the minute.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

lizt wrote: »
    As terrible as it sounds, I would love some crazed gunman to appear on the street and kill off Tracy, Kirsty, Faye, Carl, Eva etc.

I hate so many of the characters at the minute.

So do I. It's like with the Becky, Tracey story. I just don't care because they are both vile people. The bit on Christmas day when Becky told Steve he couldn't sell the Rovers because he loves it so much made me want to smack her as she insisted he sell it less than a year ago so she could kidnap two other women's children just because she wanted them. It didn't matter that Steve loved the pub when she wanted him to do it. Why should I care that an attempted kidnapper is falsely blamed for causing a miscarriage? It's just all vile people doing vile things to each other around and around in circles.

Steve and Becky arent a good couple , shes trashy and he's some dope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kaching wrote: »

They are a better couple than him and "Tracey Love"

Kaching wrote: »

I know Steve sometimes comes across a bit gormless, but tbh I think he is just sleep deprived. For a while there he was running a pub and a cab office not to mention the fact he is a single Dad. He spent most of his savings on Becky and her hair brained schemes to get and keep Max, which pretty much ended his real friendship with Lloyd.

I don't know where the money keeps coming from for the house and the wedding. Probably just from hours working. And now Carl is ripping him off gambling the profits away.

Now a man has needs. We need stuff. Sometimes its the love of a beautiful woman. Sometimes she doesn't need to be beautiful(see the new blonde one). I would say the reason he took up with Tracy so quickly after finishing with Becky is he doesn't have the time or energy to go out and get laid himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

FFS :rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0119/coronationstreet.html
    Coronation Street characters Sunita Alahan and Karl Munro are about to embark on a steamy affair, it has been reported.
    The new Rovers barmaid, who is portrayed by 45-year-old actress Shobna Gulati, will reportedly enjoy a string of encounters with pub boss Karl (John Michie) behind his unknowing partner Stella's back.

Coronation Street boss Phil Collinson told the Daily Star: "There [have] been suggestions about Karl's wandering eye but we're going to see it for ourselves. Sunita is not someone you would expect, which makes it even more brilliant.

"It'll play out for quite a while, but all hell will break loose when Stella finds out."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

well sally is at it again....( no not thaaaattt yet, you have filthy minds:D or I have:o).making quick judgements about Becky being accused of pushing tracy down the stairs.In her mind Tracy is telling the truth.......:rolleyes:.As if her record is clean.She really is getting on my wick:mad:.

I am feeling sorry for Owen now, with that scheming faye.I know he is not perfect either,he was a bit of a bully before and still can be, and I am not condoning violence, but that little cow needs some form of punishment. I hope she is found out of her true colours by Anna.

Anna thinks the sun shines out her arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

When Sally finds out the truth about Becky and Tracey, I wonder will she have second thoughs about who she trusts i.e. Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

cofy wrote: »
    When Sally finds out the truth about Becky and Tracey, I wonder will she have second thoughs about who she trusts i.e. Frank.
    I thought that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought that too

I am thinking, that when Frank realises that Sally is starting to think clearly - that's when the attack on Sally happens. (Sorry, if I am offending anyone). But that's just the way I see the story unfolding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I said it back in Nov that Sally was goin to be his next victim :(

Shes so silly now..worse than "normal" :rolleyes:

jimmyw wrote: »
    well sally is at it again....( no not thaaaattt yet, you have filthy minds:D or I have:o).making quick judgements about Becky being accused of pushing tracy down the stairs.In her mind Tracy is telling the truth.......:rolleyes:.As if her record is clean.She really is getting on my wick:mad:.

I am feeling sorry for Owen now, with that scheming faye.I know he is not perfect either,he was a bit of a bully before and still can be, and I am not condoning violence, but that little cow needs some form of punishment. I hope she is found out of her true colours by Anna.

Anna knows her true colours and dont care

• Advertisement

Anna knows her true colours and dont care

I doubt that. I think she just doesnt see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

eilleen with that fire fighter reminds me of the story line jane beele form eastenders with her dying husband and then falling for ian beele

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Kylie's fake medical emergency and recovery after a sip of water was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Will someone please tell stevie boy the truth about tracey and what happened to their twins! At least Becky got her answer justice for now and has piece of mind about the truth but will she tell steve? Bet it all come out at the wedding, can't believe tracey and steve are engaged! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I simply cannot wait for the wedding now. :D

Me either I so wanna see Tracey and Deirdre get caught out the lying b*tches :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

hollypink wrote: »
    Kylie's fake medical emergency and recovery after a sip of water was funny!

Hilarious...Deirdres line "where you get this water from? Lourdes?" was class

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me either I so wanna see Tracey and Deirdre get caught out the lying b*tches :mad:
    I can't wait for Monday either! I wasn't a fan of Becky lately but I'm hope she'll go out on a high. Tracey is sooo vile and deserves her comeuppance! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't wait 'til Monday either. I just hate that Tracy one:mad:....in saying that, I hate to sound like a broken record but the writers must think we all have the shortest memories in forum history. It's only recently that Steve and Becky were both in agreement about Tracy's evilness....he's surely not thaaat steeewpid that he can't see it...for fcuk sake!!! Oh and if we all watch back episodes I'm sure Sally has seen Tracy's evil self...it's just unreal that she believes her. Even more reason for us all to despise silly stupid Sally:mad::mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

No doubt about it. it's a ridiculous storyline brought on by a ridiculous actress (Kate Ford), a ridiculous character (Tracyluv) and the abortion of who used to be good characters (Steve).

Did I heart right that the miscarriage storyline, although not going down the false accusation path belonged to Leanne before being moved to tracy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement