Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

syklops wrote: »
    Great episode last night(mondays). That student did look mature. I think someone on the hiring staff in granada has a fetish for black hair and strong tan as the student who showed John around was tanned with black hair. So thats Tina, Michelle and Polly 'Ive got a thing for teachers' Petticoat. He obviously doesn't know the origins of the phrase 'blacks and tan'.

She was very mature looking. Maybe its a hint to us that John is not into schoolgirls, just that he is a poor unfortunate man who is attracted to attractive women, and gets lead astray(easily I might add).

Poor Fizz.

The car crash was good. Do you think she will lose the baby and then blame Kevin?

As for sophie, Sian(what kind of name is that?) has pounced back on to Ryan, and will probably be opening her legs more often for him to re-affirm her sexuality. I wonder is this 'the end of the affair'? Is Sophie sad because she has lost her best mate? Or is she sad because she realised she was mad for Sian and now has no chance of getting in her knickers. Sian was/is hot though. I think my mother would reconsider her sexuality when looking at her. Was that it do you think, or will there be more?

I have to say I dont like the way its going with Gary going AWOL from the army. I know the idea was for him to get scared by his friends brother losing his legs in Afghanistan and he probably got more spooked meeting that girl in the wheel chair last week(who btw both me and my missus thought was great and wouldn't mind seeing more of). However, I think its very sad. It would have been a better turn around if he went off to Iraq or whereever, got decorated and 'allowed' go home after a short period. It would be more inline with his charachter I think, as he hasa never bottled something in the past. I dont think its in his nature. I know Granada didnt wnt to think it was a recruiting campaign for the british army, but there were other ways for the story to end than Gary going to prison(yet again).

That was a mad coincidence you mentioned in your other post Skylops meeting your man in Tesco over there. Small feckin' world hey.
    Anyway, back to Corrie, the orangeness is ridiculous in some of the women. Tina is lovely but she's far too dark, she's like that off screen too though. This new schoolgirl looked more like a young teacher, if she'd been wearing a uniform maybe she'd have looked younger. She defo looked flirty. I'll say we'll be seeing more of her.

I don't think Molly loses the child but she does accuse Kevin of trying to kill him. This child should create a few potentially juicy future storylines so I doubt if they'll write out the pregnancy at this stage unless your one who plays Molly's leaving.

I think Sophie's upset for both reasons, missing her mate and the person she's besotted with. I think what happens is, she goes back with Lee (it is Lee isn't it?) and Sian sees them together, realises she has feelings for Sophie too and they get it on.

It's a pity alright about Gary's situation, he's become a more likeable character. I thought he was going to get together with the girl in the wheelchair though she looks a bit older than him. She had a fair few lines in it the other night so I'd say we'll be seeing more of her too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    That was a mad coincidence you mentioned in your other post Skylops meeting your man in Tesco over there. Small feckin' world hey.
    Anyway, back to Corrie, the orangeness is ridiculous in some of the women. Tina is lovely but she's far too dark, she's like that off screen too though. This new schoolgirl looked more like a young teacher, if she'd been wearing a uniform maybe she'd have looked younger. She defo looked flirty. I'll say we'll be seeing more of her.

I don't think Molly loses the child but she does accuse Kevin of trying to kill him. This child should create a few potentially juicy future storylines so I doubt if they'll write out the pregnancy at this stage unless your one who plays Molly's leaving.

I think Sophie's upset for both reasons, missing her mate and the person she's besotted with. I think what happens is, she goes back with Lee (it is Lee isn't it?) and Sian sees them together, realises she has feelings for Sophie too and they get it on.

It's a pity alright about Gary's situation, he's become a more likeable character. I thought he was going to get together with the girl in the wheelchair though she looks a bit older than him. She had a fair few lines in it the other night so I'd say we'll be seeing more of her too.

I have seen lots of mad coincidences. I met the sister in law of my biology teacher from years back in Turkey. I met my dentist in the duty free of Prague Airport, and I recently found out I am a distant relative of Liv Tyler. :eek:

Fake tan i dont like at all but I think michelle is relatively natural isnt she? Sophie has seemed quite tanned at times. Is it fake or natural?

That student was definitely flirty and I'll admit this is based on five mins of airtime, but I would say she has no problem dropping her knickers to get ahead(no pun intended), which is good news for John who will have a moral dilemma over whether to increase her scores, and that fact that he is(assuming he will be) shagging a student wont even register.

The Molly and Kev storyline is dynamite. I suspect quite a long running theme. I wonder how it all comes out.

I hope your version is correct and they end up together(get some scissoring happening ;) ), I really like sophies charachter, though I hate her accent. Years ago, I remember Tracy had almost the exact same accent and I didn't like it or her at all. To me it sounds like lancashire scanger. Otherwise I like her and want her to be happy. Flipside of that is Rosie could fall into the mincer in ashley's shop, lose one boob, one leg, and her ear and I wouldnt care, but Ill be disappointed if sophie remains unhappy much longer.

Gary has become alot more likeable, and therefore a charachter I like, so I was disappointed when I realised he was going AWOL from the army. I had an uncle who did that(british army) and it followed him around for the rest of his life. Even 40 years later he wouldn't go to England for funerals/weddings for fear of arrest.

As for the girl in the wheelchair I liked her too. Spunky and street smart. Not your conventional wheel chair bound individual. They have tried doing people with disabilities before but to little success. Like Freda, Emily's niece who is deaf. To me she just comes across as a Bi7ch. And she really annoyed me when Andrew Sachs was in Corrie as Ramsay, and she was giving out about him for trying to be nice to her. Wheelchair girl had the attitude to be rude, but also the smarts to be fair. Maybe we will see more of her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I'll say we'll be seeing more of her.

John will anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

It was in the newspapers that the girl in the wheelchair will be joining as a regular character. Think they're bringing in her family as well!

I have seen lots of mad coincidences. I met the sister in law of my biology teacher from years back in Turkey. I met my dentist in the duty free of Prague Airport, and I recently found out I am a distant relative of Liv Tyler. :eek:

That's unreal:), you wouldn't want to be on a witness protection programme, you'd be spotted straight away:D

Fake tan i dont like at all but I think michelle is relatively natural isnt she? Sophie has seemed quite tanned at times. Is it fake or natural?

Yeah, Michelle has the colouring that suits and gets away with the darker skin tone, she's actually more brown than orange, she always looks well. She always looks like she's dolled up for a big night out(she tends to irritate me with her peeping under the fringe flirty 'amn't I gorgeous poses). Sophie I think has a wee problem with acne, she wears dark, heavy and sometimes a bit greasy looking make up, maybe it's to disuise it.

I really like sophies charachter, though I hate her accent. Years ago, I remember Tracy had almost the exact same accent and I didn't like it or her at all. To me it sounds like lancashire scanger.
    Some of the accents are horrific, I can't listen to Hayley at all, she drives me mental! Oh, and I hate the way Sally talks, the way she says 'Rawsie and Sawphie'...aaaagh!

Gary has become alot more likeable, and therefore a charachter I like, so I was disappointed when I realised he was going AWOL from the army. I had an uncle who did that(british army) and it followed him around for the rest of his life. Even 40 years later he wouldn't go to England for funerals/weddings for fear of arrest.

Ah God help him, that must've been awful. Hope Gary heads back to it and comes back into it with a clean slate. Something about his character I like.

QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's feisty factory boss Carla Connor is to be wrongly charged with murder in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The shock plot twist occurs after the businesswoman's crazed ex-husband Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) is killed off in the soap's upcoming siege horror, according to The Sun.

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Tony is to hold Carla (Alison King) and Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh) captive at Underworld after escaping from prison. He arrives at the factory with a gun and ties up the terrified pair.

It is now thought that Tony eventually lets Hayley go free before setting the building on fire. In subsequent scenes, viewers will reportedly see Carla untie herself, grab Tony's gun and fire a shot which wounds him.

While Carla manages to escape the burning factory, Tony is expected to die in the blaze. Police later examine his body and assume that the bullet killed him.

A Weatherfield insider revealed: "Things look very bleak for Carla as there are no witnesses to back up her story."

The plotline means that two Coronation Street females are to now face wrongful murder charges. Show favourite Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth) is already being held on remand after being accused of killing husband Joe.

Claire and Ashley have been axed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Feck, no way. I like him but I don't like her at all, her voice is really irritating and she's a real busybody.
    Know who else I don't like? that Teresa one, I can't stand her, horrible coarse person. They should get rid of her. I record it and ff all her scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

+1 for Theresa.
    She's another wannabe murderess, monkeying about with Jerry's cardio medications. If he hadn't bolted to Spain, she'd have been in Weatherfield Prison with half the rest of the female cast.
    Anyway, I think she's a bovine ruminant and I hope Lloyd ditches her in favour of that nice pole-dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

anyone else as turned on as i was when sophie and sian started givin it loads on the couch :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Coronation Street's feisty factory boss Carla Connor is to be wrongly charged with murder in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The shock plot twist occurs after the businesswoman's crazed ex-husband Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) is killed off in the soap's upcoming siege horror, according to The Sun.

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Tony is to hold Carla (Alison King) and Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh) captive at Underworld after escaping from prison. He arrives at the factory with a gun and ties up the terrified pair.

It is now thought that Tony eventually lets Hayley go free before setting the building on fire. In subsequent scenes, viewers will reportedly see Carla untie herself, grab Tony's gun and fire a shot which wounds him.

While Carla manages to escape the burning factory, Tony is expected to die in the blaze. Police later examine his body and assume that the bullet killed him.

A Weatherfield insider revealed: "Things look very bleak for Carla as there are no witnesses to back up her story."

The plotline means that two Coronation Street females are to now face wrongful murder charges. Show favourite Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth) is already being held on remand after being accused of killing husband Joe.

Riiiiiight.

So crazy convicted murderer escapes prison. Is later found dead in the building belonged to his ex wife and her former lover who he confessed to killing.

Why wouldn't Hayley speak up? Why wouldn't she be a witness to the fact that Tony TIED HER AND CARLA UP, and TRIED TO KILL THEM.

Also, wouldn't Carla (and Hayley) have rope marks on her arms to prove that she had been tied up, and maybe, just maybe it was self defence?

No? OK. Carry on, Corrie writers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Think they must have run out of storylines for these two. I did wonder for a second about Ashley..they had a scene in the Vic with him getting on really well with Natasha & I thought that would lead on to something but I guess not!

greenie wrote: »
    Think they must have run out of storylines for these two. I did wonder for a second about Ashley..they had a scene in the Vic with him getting on really well with Natasha & I thought that would lead on to something but I guess not!

???

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Lol I mean the Rovers:o
    I wrote in the Eastenders thread just before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Feck, no way. I like him but I don't like her at all, her voice is really irritating and she's a real busybody.
    Know who else I don't like? that Teresa one, I can't stand her, horrible coarse person. They should get rid of her. I record it and ff all her scenes.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you there. What the hell is Lloyd doing with that witch. Irritating bitch. When she finds that he is messing about with that lap dancer, either his manhood is under threat or her tits might be deflated I'd say:eek:

greenie wrote: »
    Lol I mean the Rovers:o
    I wrote in the Eastenders thread just before!!

I never even noticed that:).

who are these is claire the red head thats got like the 10 kids with the bloke that runrs the butchers?

mrDerek wrote: »
    who are these is claire the red head thats got like the 10 kids with the bloke that runrs the butchers?

Thats them.

Shes an annoying cow. Ashely is grand though. He has kind of been forgotten about since he got the chop.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Does anyone remember the girl Ashley helped who got caught up in the cult? He was good then and I had a big crush on her! But since Claire's got her claws into him he's become irrelevant for me.

There are no real loss imo but there is worse than them there like Miss Piggy lookalike Molly now when the f*ck is she going :mad:

• Advertisement

Bring back Terry Duckworth I say. Great soap bad guy wonderfully acted by Nigel Pavarro. Not in Tony Gordon's league but no one else is are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Bring back Terry Duckworth I say. Great soap bad guy wonderfully acted by Nigel Pavarro. Not in Tony Gordon's league but no one else is are they?

Hopefully Terry will come back one last time before Jack leaves for good later in the year. It would be nice to see him again.

Does anyone remember the girl Ashley helped who got caught up in the cult? He was good then and I had a big crush on her! But since Claire's got her claws into him he's become irrelevant for me.

You mean Zoe.

Link:

http://www.corrieblog.tv/2007/09/corries_forgott_6.html

Thanks for that :) Brings it all back. I'd forgotten about her link to the Malletts.

Thanks for that :) Brings it all back. I'd forgotten about her link to the Malletts.

Id forgotten all about the Mallets. Reading that jogged my memory though.

very boring tonight :( god i hope mary takes a paper cut to the jugular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Why would Norris go off into the wild alone with a woman he clearly can't stand?

Epicurus wrote: »
    Why would Norris go off into the wild alone with a woman he clearly can't stand?

Thats what I dont understand about the whole Mary/Norris storyline. Its obvious he does not like her. Why hasn't he just told her to feck off months ago? The only people I spend anytime with whom I dont like are people who are 'attached' to someone I do like. I dont spend anytime with people I don't like because life is too short.

mrDerek wrote: »
    very boring tonight :( god i hope mary takes a paper cut to the jugular

Im assuming she is going to get arrested or hopefully committed in the next couple of days.

How did her mother die? Was it ever explained?

• Advertisement

Thats what I dont understand about the whole Mary/Norris storyline. Its obvious he does not like her. Why hasn't he just told her to feck off months ago? The only people I spend anytime with whom I dont like are people who are 'attached' to someone I do like. I dont spend anytime with people I don't like because life is too short.

Norris i think is like a school boy till he reaches a certain age. He does not like all girls.

The poor fellow, when Mary said she took her bra off in the kitchen to hand wash it. If it was someone like Kevin or Ken he would be in there like a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement