Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »
    Im assuming she is going to get arrested or hopefully committed in the next couple of days.

How did her mother die? Was it ever explained?

Mary just showed up in the Rovers and told Norris her mother had died. We never got amny explanation as to how she died. Mary didn't seem all that upset about it. Maybe she was responsible for her death; with her current behaviour it's a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Epicurus wrote: »
    Mary just showed up in the Rovers and told Norris her mother had died. We never got amny explanation as to how she died. Mary didn't seem all that upset about it. Maybe she was responsible for her death; with her current behaviour it's a possibility.

I was thinking that maybe she gets arrested after kidnapping Norris, and it turns out she is also wanted in relation to questioning over the suspicious death of her mother.

Although to have a 3rd woman killer on the street might be a bit too much. Even for corrie.

Not liking this Misery theme at all. Norris is such a muppet. Why didnt he leave the case behind when he made a run for it? All it did was slow him down, and he knows shes a psycho now. Now he has hurt his leg, so cant go anywhere.

What are other peoples views?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You didn't see it last night Skylops did you? I don't know why he went away with her in the first place, he obviously couldn't stand the sight of her. Hope Rita believes him.

No i didnt see it last night. I saw Sundays episode instead. Ill see last nights episode tonight. Has his captivity ended?

• Advertisement

Yeah he's in the police station but don't think he's out of the woods.Don't read any further if you don't want to spoil tonights episode.

He overheard her talking to someone upstairs and tiptoed up. His vision is all blurred without his glasses (she broke them) and sees her talking to her mother's picture. She denies this however and says she's been speaking on a handsfree phone. I'm not sure how he manages to get at the phone to ring the police, I must've missed a bit. They come out however to encounter a frightened and babbling Norris and a calm and sensible Mary...I've a feeling they'll believe her and think he's the nutcase. Rita's there however and he took her aside to tell her the story.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

It turned out that Mary had her own mobile and was talking to her mother using one of those earpiece thingies. Her mother is alive and well aparently.

Norris snuck upstairs and got her phone to put in a 999 call...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Not liking this Misery theme at all. Norris is such a muppet. Why didnt he leave the case behind when he made a run for it? All it did was slow him down, and he knows shes a psycho now. Now he has hurt his leg, so cant go anywhere.

What are other peoples views?
    Norris does not do thinks like that. He would need to bring all his bits and bobs with him. I could imagine him every morning when he takes off his PJs that he plugs in the iron and irons them so that they are creased etc for when he next needs them. They story is silly, but he is a brilliant actor.

It turned out that Mary had her own mobile and was talking to her mother using one of those earpiece thingies. Her mother is alive and well aparently.

Norris snuck upstairs and got her phone to put in a 999 call...

Oh right! No way...I thought she was lying when she told the cops that her mother was alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CORRIE crimper Natasha Blakeman will be killed off in a SUICIDE plot.

She is left heartbroken when her engagement to knicker factory boss Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) turns sour.

And her bid to oust boss Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) from the hair salon also backfires.

TV Biz revealed last week that actress Rachel Leskovac, 33, who has played sexy Natasha for two years, is the latest star to be given the chop by new producer Phil Collinson.

But scriptwriters have not yet decided on how Natasha will take her life. The scenes are set to be screened in the autumn.

An insider said: "Viewers will be shocked by the storyline, but it will be handled with sensitivity."

Fans will see a nastier side to Natasha before she decides to end it all.

When Nick shows he still has feelings for ex-wife Leanne Battersby, (Jane Danson) - after she helps him find new factory premises - Natasha delights in telling him about Leanne's past in the sex trade.

And she launches a campaign to convince Audrey that at 70 she's too old to run the salon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Well at least that sounds half interesting. Corrie has gotten so boring lately I've completely gone off it. Norris and the whole Misery thing was really the last straw for me, it's so ludicrous and worse than that, effing boring. Even the whole Sophie/Sian story which was supposed to be Corrie's big controversial storyline was yawnsome. When you look at the big story over in Eastenders at the mo - Christian and Syed and the fallout from the revelation - and how that was handled so realistically and yet so dramatically, there really is no contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ucdmike

Have Nick and Leanne had any scenes together yet since his return?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just a couple with them passing each other by on the way into/out of the Rovers.

Leanne is usually with someone like Carla, she and Nick are noticably awkward with each other, Carla asks "What was that all about?" Leanne answers "It's a long story", and then Carla retorts "Well then I'll buy you a large drink, and you can tell me all about it"

And then they get pished.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CORRIE crimper Natasha Blakeman will be killed off in a SUICIDE plot.

Shame. She's the prettiest girl in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

Natasha suicide?! thers no history with her! and over nick? it doesnt make sense, until nick came into it she seemed quite together and then went all school girlish and giddy that came across as senseless and stupid!????? They could do much more of a storyline with it, seems stupid! maybe they'll prove me wrong.

The beautiful becomes suicidal over Nick? Doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Natasha's been in Corrie for 2 years?! :eek:

Jebus. I barely noticed :o

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah he's in the police station but don't think he's out of the woods.Don't read any further if you don't want to spoil tonights episode.

He overheard her talking to someone upstairs and tiptoed up. His vision is all blurred without his glasses (she broke them) and sees her talking to her mother's picture. She denies this however and says she's been speaking on a handsfree phone. I'm not sure how he manages to get at the phone to ring the police, I must've missed a bit. They come out however to encounter a frightened and babbling Norris and a calm and sensible Mary...I've a feeling they'll believe her and think he's the nutcase. Rita's there however and he took her aside to tell her the story.

I saw it last night. It was a very busy episode(s) with quite alot happening. It sounds silly, considering I already knew the actress who played Blanch died, but I was shocked about Blanche actually dying! Its a pity they couldnt send her off in a bigger way.Although, with Dierdre and Ken going to Portugal there might might be some more drama on the way.

Norris versus the Predator Mary. Even if the police dont take him seriously Rita will take him home I am sure. He is visibly uneasy, and has a sore foot, and has lost his glasses so I think she has enough cop on to realise this is not just normal Norris with a bee in his cap. As to whether charges will be brought I dont know, however if memory serves me right, she did anounce her mothers death in the rovers, so she will be shunned there if it turns out she lied about that. Also she was not talking to her mother in a way that she was looking for an answer. It was very one sided. I still think she commited matricide.

As for Natasha, as busigirl said, I cant believe she has been in it for 2 years. They did nothing with her charachter and now they are trying to give her a big send out. Im not really happy them doing a suicide story over something so trivial. Suicide has touched many people, myself included, and dramatizing it is good, because it brings it out into the open and people talk about it. A dail TD once stood up and said there was no sex in Ireland before television, now I dont think thats actually correct, but I do think that no body talked about issues like Wife beating, substance abuse and homosexuality until the likes of Coronation street did segments on them. So I agree the suicide theme should be done. But Natasha killing herself because Nick does not marry her? I think Joe would have been a better candidate. Lost his job, had no money, lots of people can identify with that. Dont get me wrong losing a loved one can be a depressing time, but I think the problem with Natasha is no-one empathises with her. She is a gorgeous girl but she has not had any story lines, hell she hasn't even had any lines, where people could grow to love her as a charachter, and then take her death more seriously. Compare her to Graham or Gary. If they were to die tomorrow I, and many other people were to be a bit shocked/unhappy about it because they have had story lines that made them more appealing as people. Even if Norris died tomorrow people would have something to say, despite the fact most people hate him. No, she should do what most other charachters who failed to take off, and thats get on the bus out of Weatherfield and never come back a la Kelly and Amber.

with Dierdre and Ken going to Portugal there might might be some more drama on the way.

Will they be able to get back with the volcano ash.

Deise Tom wrote: »

LOL! i wreckon they should be able too., soapland can work wonders ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I was just thinking that when watchng the episode. Maybe they should work it into the storyline!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I was just thinking that when watchng the episode. Maybe they should work it into the storyline!

That was my thinking as well. Even if meant getting a plane to Northern France and to sail across. I heard on the radio this morning that a gap has been left in Friday's Eastenders so to allow someone be seen reading Friday's paper, something about the elections in England tomorrow.

I saw it last night. It was a very busy episode(s) with quite alot happening. It sounds silly, considering I already knew the actress who played Blanch died, but I was shocked about Blanche actually dying! Its a pity they couldnt send her off in a bigger way.Although, with Dierdre and Ken going to Portugal there might might be some more drama on the way.

Norris versus the Predator Mary. Even if the police dont take him seriously Rita will take him home I am sure. He is visibly uneasy, and has a sore foot, and has lost his glasses so I think she has enough cop on to realise this is not just normal Norris with a bee in his cap. As to whether charges will be brought I dont know, however if memory serves me right, she did anounce her mothers death in the rovers, so she will be shunned there if it turns out she lied about that. Also she was not talking to her mother in a way that she was looking for an answer. It was very one sided. I still think she commited matricide.

As for Natasha, as busigirl said, I cant believe she has been in it for 2 years. They did nothing with her charachter and now they are trying to give her a big send out. Im not really happy them doing a suicide story over something so trivial. Suicide has touched many people, myself included, and dramatizing it is good, because it brings it out into the open and people talk about it. A dail TD once stood up and said there was no sex in Ireland before television, now I dont think thats actually correct, but I do think that no body talked about issues like Wife beating, substance abuse and homosexuality until the likes of Coronation street did segments on them. So I agree the suicide theme should be done. But Natasha killing herself because Nick does not marry her? I think Joe would have been a better candidate. Lost his job, had no money, lots of people can identify with that. Dont get me wrong losing a loved one can be a depressing time, but I think the problem with Natasha is no-one empathises with her. She is a gorgeous girl but she has not had any story lines, hell she hasn't even had any lines, where people could grow to love her as a charachter, and then take her death more seriously. Compare her to Graham or Gary. If they were to die tomorrow I, and many other people were to be a bit shocked/unhappy about it because they have had story lines that made them more appealing as people. Even if Norris died tomorrow people would have something to say, despite the fact most people hate him. No, she should do what most other charachters who failed to take off, and thats get on the bus out of Weatherfield and never come back a la Kelly and Amber.

Would have never said Natasha was in it for two years either, they could have done alot with her, but they didn't. Shes acting like a bunny boiler around nick, and the story seems pointless. They could have given her much more of history - more depression something. They will probably build her character up in the next few months but it still wont work i dont think because, its been too long, shes there that amount of time, and we know nothing about her, only that shes a ditzy hairdresser apparent bunny boiler. Its a topic i agree needs to be dealt with, but Corrie seem out of their depth with this one.

Exactly Joe would have been completely ideal, it seemed too far fetched that Gail was accused of his murder, while it made great viewing, i think it was a step too far. Even Tina at the moment would another candidate for suicide, shes just lying in the dark day in day out for the last two months.

In terms of Maggie, - or Blanche's death they waited too long and it should have been done sooner. Maggie died late last year and six months on, they're doing it in Corrie. It needed to be done as she was a fantastic character in it, i miss her dry wit and sarky comments.

Blanche was my main reason for watching Corrie over the last year. Her material was funny but her delivery made it hilarious...:D :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Kizza wrote: »
    In terms of Maggie, - or Blanche's death they waited too long and it should have been done sooner. Maggie died late last year and six months on, they're doing it in Corrie. It needed to be done as she was a fantastic character in it, i miss her dry wit and sarky comments.

They couldn't have done it any sooner. I think they could have left it for a bit longer. They were filming the funeral scenes for Blanche at the same time as Maggies funeral; that wasn't easy for the cast i imagine
    William Roache, who plays Ken Barlow in the soap, revealed how difficult he found it to film the funeral of his on-screen mother-in-law Blanche Hunt.
    The actor said filming the funeral at a similar time to attending the memorial service for the actress Maggie Jones was "really upsetting".
    He said: "What was quite bizarre was that on-screen we were doing the death of Blanche and then we had to break off and do the memorial service for Maggie.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23820202-coronation-street-stars-upset-over-blanche-hunt-tv-funeral.do

Jane Danson has revealed that there are turbulent times ahead for her Coronation Street character Leanne Battersby.

Speaking on This Morning, the actress warned that Leanne's happiness with partner Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) and his young son Simon (Alex Bain) will come under threat over the next few months.

Danson commented: "I think as I've grown up on the show, Leanne has as well. At the moment we're seeing her in an almost ideal family situation, she's become a mum of sorts and she's very close to Simon.

"But I'll give you a little teaser - all is not going to run smoothly for the rest of the year."

The star added that she does not know whether reports of a wedding storyline for Leanne and Peter will come to fruition. The couple had been tipped to tie the knot as part of Corrie's 50th anniversary celebrations.

Danson said: "I don't know, we might, we might not, but I really hope we do because I love working with Chris who plays Peter and little Alex who plays Simon, so I hope it all comes good in the end, but there's a lot of drama along the way."

Coronation Street's Natasha Blakeman is to become convinced that Graeme Proctor and David Platt are secret lovers in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The Weatherfield hairdresser, played by Rachel Leskovac, gets the wrong end of the stick when she walks into a room and finds Graeme giving David a back massage, according to reports.

It is thought that Graeme (Craig Gazey) steps in to help his friend after the tearaway hurts his shoulder. David (Jack P. Shepherd) is soon heard groaning: "Oh yeah. That's really nice. Rub a bit lower - rub a bit lower."

After walking in on the pair, Natasha reportedly tells them: "You don't have to explain anything to me, boys. I'm very broadminded about these things. Don't knock it until you've tried it, that's my philosophy."

The Daily Star reports that the incident leaves Graeme determined to prove that he is straight, which leads to him sleeping with new love interest Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) for the first time.

Graeme and Tina have grown closer than ever in recent days as he supports her following the death of her dad Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i hate that natasha one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

why shes gorg :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

The beautiful becomes suicidal over Nick? Doesn't add up.

It really doesn't.
    Corrie's annoying me a bit. I think they want to create publicity by having characters deal with serious issues that affect millions of people watching..like cancer, lesbianism, suicide and not forgetting the 'misery' storyline. So they create all this build up that just seems to leave people disappointed.
    So many Cancer sufferers were annoyed at how they rushed through Sally's story not quite depicting what a real sufferer goes through and well Sally will conveniently be at her sisters till she's all cured.
    The big famous lesbian kiss!! Better not let that happen again right? Lets get rid of Sian(sp?) and have a scene or two of Sophie talking to her on the phone! Lol will we see them both together in a scene again?
    I think the could've done more with the Norris & Mary story...I mean he has his boots one minute then the next minute the laces are gone? Who could've taken them?!! They should've made Mary more psychotic..that woulda been fun!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement