Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It really gets on my nerves when we see Gail hovvering round Nick's fancy restaurant with her bottle of bleach spray and mop. When do you ever see that in reality? Cleaners do their stuff after closing hours. How off putting is that.. listening to her announcing to Nick that she 'got rid of that stain' in front of people trying to eat in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

...and when in the name of fcuk are they going to end this 'Lesley' storyline. I don't know what it is about it that makes me uncomfortable:(. Usually during storylines I usually know what I'd do in certain situations... but in this one, I just don't know. It must be an awful thing to have to deal with:(.

Just finished watching, maybe that's the end of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Ann22 wrote: »
    ...and when in the name of fcuk are they going to end this 'Lesley' storyline. I don't know what it is about it that makes me uncomfortable:(. Usually during storylines I usually know what I'd do in certain situations... but in this one, I just don't know. It must be an awful thing to have to deal with:(.

I posted in emmerdale thread about this, corrie are doing a very bad job.on the alzheimers storyline its insulting to families whov dealt with this disease. Sufferers tend to be childlike, gentle, loving and only occasionally act out etc. They just make lesley look crazy and put a total stigma on the disease by constantly making her have these staring crazy eyes. My two granddads had the disease so its close to my heart. Hopefully emmerdale approach it with a bit more class, respect and decorum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The Alzheimers was dealt with wrongly. The Eileen-Paul-Leslie triangle is just bizarre. If they had moved Paul and Leslie into a house or flat temporarily on some different story and left out a love story it would have been better.

Pity the Steve and Ken story was so short lived, it had some good potential for another couple of weeks, Corrie's own Odd Couple!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

bijapos wrote: »
    The Alzheimers was dealt with wrongly. The Eileen-Paul-Leslie triangle is just bizarre. If they had moved Paul and Leslie into a house or flat temporarily on some different story and left out a love story it would have been better.

Pity the Steve and Ken story was so short lived, it had some good potential for another couple of weeks, Corrie's own Odd Couple!
    Yeah, I loved Ken and Steve together! :D

Ugh, I hated the Lesley storyline too- just too weird. Not handled well, imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

iguana wrote: »
    That and it's practically a criminal offence on Corrie to have ambition to be anything other than a local business owner, a knicker stitcher, mechanic, waitress, bar staff or shop assistant. Even poor Deirdre who had been a councillor and later managed to sneak a few years under the radar as a civil servant had to get fired out of nowhere and end up as the doctor's receptionist. If you want something more from life you must leave the street or be a psychopath who eventually ends up dead. If you leave and come back for anything other than a brief visit, it must be as a failure.

Amber wanted to be a lawyer so that wouldn't fly at all, she had to become a drop-out if she wanted to come back. It's the same with Sophie who used to be scholarly and wanted to go to university. Her ambitious girlfriend had to go before she could become a university student and now she's an unemployed ex-shop girl, about to embark on a drug habit with returning university drop-out and drug pusher, Ryan Connor.

Brillant post and so accurate.

Even Rosie before she became "Dozie Plebster" suppossedly had some academic ability when she went to the posh school (Oakhill maybe?)

Sophie - good student, set back because of parents spliting up (far enough) but then thats it, no going back - all fogotten about and now as you say an umemployed shop assistant that is going to fund a drug habit.

Amber - no prob getting into uni to study law and now nothing.

Ken - teacher, intelligent but if I remember couldn't hack it.
    Brian - head teacher, but really should have Kirks job, and you feel he would be happier with it.

Does Dev still own the takeaway that he bought off Jerry Morton? Could be more jobs working there.

Still hard to leave the street in that if your male, under 35, seems like you have a decent chance with Tina!! :-)
    Tommys turn this week.

Dont get me wrong big fan of Tina - and in the last few weeks seems to be drifting back to her old character - and obviously a big attraction for any red bloodied male but would hate to see her character ruined with repeat same story around relationships and just the male changes. In a corrie relationship after the 2nd kiss they can live together - and luckly Tommy and Tina already live together.

Maybe I just thought Tina and Grahem were a great couple especially as you wouldnt expect them to be together at the start but it really worked and brought Graham out as strong character.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

same here hes a hopeless actor

• Registered Users Posts: 86,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street boss Phil Collinson has confirmed that The Royle Family star Sue Johnston is joining the soap in the role of Stella Price's mother

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Rita is going to be kidnapped on her wedding day. :rolleyes:

I liked the Lesley storyline at first before they turned her into a pyscho. It was realistic at the beginning but now it's just so over the top. Also, the whole thing feels so sordid. Eileen looking after her boyfriend's wife? They had a chance to do a great story line about a horrible disease that affects far too many people and now instead they'll probably just stick her in a home. Paul and Eileen will live happily ever after with the occasional mention of Lesley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ann22 wrote: »

I think part of it is the terrible actress they have portraying it. It's like she's trying to put a stupid look on her face all the time :confused:

Silly storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Coronation Street boss Phil Collinson has confirmed that The Royle Family star Sue Johnston is joining the soap in the role of Stella Price's mother

She could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ugh, I'm really starting to dislike Sunita. She's never happy.

First, she's openly hostile to her husband's daughter and drives her away, then Dev cooks her a lovely meal, books a sun holiday and Sunita goes off on him for booking the wrong sun holiday... She then goes on about what a reasonable person she is!

Now, she's going to have an affair with her friend's husband. I just think she's become a horrible woman since coming back into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

First, she's openly hostile to her husband's daughter and drives her away, then Dev cooks her a lovely meal, books a sun holiday and Sunita goes off on him for booking the wrong sun holiday... She then goes on about what a reasonable person she is!

Now, she's going to have an affair with her friend's husband. I just think she's become a horrible woman since coming back into the show.

Yeah I don't like Dev but I really don't like Sunita since she came back. Also as she's working in the Rovers and Dev's in the corner shop by himself - who's looking after their kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

........... the cameraman !:D

Excellent. She's a quality actress, I wonder what kind of charachter she will be, quiet and sensible or some crazy party woman. I hope it's the latter.

Stella annoys me, always getting involved in peoples affairs, total agony aunt. She is too much of a copy of Peggy Mitchell IMO, and she can be some bitch when she wants to be.

To be fair Dev is a selfish philandering twat who booked the holiday for himself and his son (golf course for kids, beach 15 mins drive away), not for the family, he also lied about not being able to get the deposit back so she is rightly p1ssed off with him that he hasn't changed in any way.

When they had the row a couple of weeks ago he said that he never respected her, so why should she put up with his crap? Dev doesn't pull his weight with the kids, he concentrates on their son, not on their daughter.

She should ditch Dev and move to Dublin, bijapos will put her up in his gaff for a while. ;)

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah I don't like Dev but I really don't like Sunita since she came back. Also as she's working in the Rovers and Dev's in the corner shop by himself - who's looking after their kids?

Id really love to know who was looking after the kids when the pair had their meltdown. She was in jail and Dev was drinking his woes away in the pub.
    Stella annoys me, always getting involved in peoples affairs, total agony aunt. She is too much of a copy of Peggy Mitchell IMO, and she can be some bitch when she wants to be.

In my experience, thats a trait common among pub landladies. They know everyones business, and know when something is up. Considering their business may depend on their clientèle's ability to pay their bills. Its good customer service to say to Dev, don't worry about paying just go after Sunita, but it also makes good business sense for you to know Dev can cover his bill, and that thats not the last you see of him. Especially as he was on the expensive stuff that night.
    She should ditch Dev and move to Dublin, bijapos will put her up in his gaff for a while.

Can I move in with you if she does? I'll do all the cooking...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

To be fair Dev is a selfish philandering twat who booked the holiday for himself and his son (golf course for kids, beach 15 mins drive away), not for the family, he also lied about not being able to get the deposit back so she is rightly p1ssed off with him that he hasn't changed in any way.

When they had the row a couple of weeks ago he said that he never respected her, so why should she put up with his crap? Dev doesn't pull his weight with the kids, he concentrates on their son, not on their daughter.

I'm no big fan of Dev either, but it seems he can't do anything right in her eyes.

He books a holiday, she moans. He proposes to her, she moans. He takes an interest in their child's abilities and she moans. I just don't think she comes across very well at all lately.

Still, I'm sure she'd be much better off with married gambling addict Karl...

I'm no big fan of Dev either, but it seems he can't do anything right in her eyes.

He books a holiday,

He books a holiday with a golf course so she knew he would be on the course all day and in the 19th hole in the evening meanwhile she has to keep the kids entertained. Even if he brought the son on the golf course, she still has to look after the other one.
    He proposes to her, she moans.

She moaned because she knew he was proposing in a "This should shut her up" kind of way. She was right too.
    He takes an interest in their child's abilities and she moans. I just don't think she comes across very well at all lately.

He takes an interest and encourages one of his children. That the subject happens to be the subject of golf which she was making him give up, all of a sudden their 8 year old is Tiger Woods. You can understand her being pissed off about it.
    Still, I'm sure she'd be much better off with married gambling addict Karl...

I foresee a passionate and torrid affair that lasts a few weeks and then blows up in their faces. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I agree 100%, if my husband told me that he had booked a "family" holiday, where he would be off playing golf all the time while I was looking after 1 if not 2 children in a foreign country, the reaction would not be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Excellent. She's a quality actress, I wonder what kind of charachter she will be, quiet and sensible or some crazy party woman. I hope it's the latter.

Seemingly shes supposed to set her sites on Dennis and Lewis-that won't go down well!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

cofy wrote: »
    I agree 100%, if my husband told me that he had booked a "family" holiday, where he would be off playing golf all the time while I was looking after 1 if not 2 children in a foreign country, the reaction would not be a good one.
    His 'family holiday' idea was soooo transparent. "I'll play golf all day and you.. will be somewhere around aswell.." Feck off Dev, I'd have told him stick that holiday!
    syklops wrote: »
    I foresee a passionate and torrid affair that lasts a few weeks and then blows up in their faces. Can't wait!
    Should be good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm a very wicked person, I am.

I had to giggle at Paul's anguished expression when Lesley asked who he was at the very moment he leaves her in the nursing home...:D

Scriptwriters over-egging the pudding much?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I thought it was heartbreaking :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

When Eileen wouldn't tell Paul what she was cooking in that pot and saying that it was probably horrible did anyone else wonder if it was last year's Easter dinner that she cooked for Todd and his new boyfriend. For anyone who doesn't remember it was a tin of tomato soup, a tin of tuna and a tin of peas all mixed up with a chopped boiled egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was expecting Lesley to ask Paul where he was going and why wasn't he moving in

Seemingly shes supposed to set her sites on Dennis and Lewis-that won't go down well!

This could be good if the right scriptwriters are let loose on her charachter. I've seen her in theatre a couple of times. She really is a class actress.

casio4 wrote: »
    I was expecting Lesley to ask Paul where he was going and why wasn't he moving in

Overall the Alzheimers story was badly done I thought.

Let's hope they deal with Karls gambling addiction a bit better, it has the makings of a good story, he seems to be a potentially decent actor and if it's dealt with right it could be a good and relevant storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

iguana wrote: »
    When Eileen wouldn't tell Paul what she was cooking in that pot and saying that it was probably horrible did anyone else wonder if it was last year's Easter dinner that she cooked for Todd and his new boyfriend. For anyone who doesn't remember it was a tin of tomato soup, a tin of tuna and a tin of peas all mixed up with a chopped boiled egg.
    yes i did iguana. although i couldnt quite remember what she cooked. it was one of the worst episodes of corrie i ever saw and was actually just thinking about it yesterday and wondering about todd. barely had a mention since. wonder if hes still with the posh sterotype with the stripy shirt and the jumper thrown over his shoulders. todley????. awful. eileens behaviour that day put me off her for ever. and we also had sean and the big teddy in london going to see dylan and meeting marcus again. that was also a rubish storyline. but happy to see marcus back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    eileens behaviour that day put me off her for ever.

I know and we were supposed to feel mad at Todd for being ashamed and embarrassed by his mum. Anyone would be embarrassed if they drove 200 miles to introduce their new partner to their family over Easter dinner and were served disgusting slop. Though I went off Eileen when the chiropodist guy chose Gail over her and she poured cement in Gail's footbath in revenge. What sort of adult commits assault because some guy they fancied for two weeks chooses someone else?

The episode was also really bad as they had Gail at Todd's throat, forgetting that the last time Todd was back, for Sarah and Jason's wedding, Gail and Jason made up their differences and got on quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Thats nice, Devs and Sunita kids learning how do a sicky.Thats a nice way to bring up kids,showing them to lie, well done you guys:(:p.

OHHHHHH! Kirsty is getting worse.I thought when she had the talk with Tina that she learned something and might have changed her ways but........................................................................................................More fool me:o

Tyrone, wise up for feck sake:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement