Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Think you're mixing up Corrie with Eastenders..Corrie does things in a more light-hearted way where Eastenders is all doom and gloom ...the reason i dont watch it..;)
    Not sure if Sally (a real life sufferer) was diagnosed in real life while playing the part , but i think any publicity they get over the issue is well deserved imo..
    As for Norris and Mary, i think the storyline was just the right length, unlike Joe's suicide, this was dragged out for weeks.....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Kirk: 'so, you slept with Gail?' Hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »
    however if memory serves me right, she did anounce her mothers death in the rovers, so she will be shunned there if it turns out she lied about that. Also she was not talking to her mother in a way that she was looking for an answer. It was very one sided. I still think she commited matricide.

Rita and Emily seem to have forgotten about that announcement with their reactions tonight. I thought Emily telling Norris that Mary had been on the phone was a little callous. She seemed to take delight in telling him despite everything he had said.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Sids Not wrote: »
    Think you're mixing up Corrie with Eastenders..Corrie does things in a more light-hearted way where Eastenders is all doom and gloom ...the reason i dont watch it..;)
    Not sure if Sally (a real life sufferer) was diagnosed in real life while playing the part , but i think any publicity they get over the issue is well deserved imo..
    As for Norris and Mary, i think the storyline was just the right length, unlike Joe's suicide, this was dragged out for weeks.....

That was kinda what I was trying to say..it does do things in a more light-hearted way but some of these more serious storylines needed a bit of doom & gloom (I think:)).
    I did wonder about Sally too..if it was intentional sending her away like that or if it was a last minute thing due to her own battle. I saw a pic of her recently looking quite healthy with her hair growing back so it seems she's been in revovery a while. Doing a storyline involving Cancer was big for them and I found it odd that the scenes ended just after the op when in actual fact the real battle starts after the operation.
    And the length of the Norris saga was never an issue for me!..I agree it was the right length, I just wanted more .. well drama involved!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

Epicurus wrote: »
    Rita and Emily seem to have forgotten about that announcement with their reactions tonight. I thought Emily telling Norris that Mary had been on the phone was a little callous. She seemed to take delight in telling him despite everything he had said.

it;s norris!!! hes too neurotic id take pleasure and delight in tellin him too

• Advertisement

Kirk: 'so, you slept with Gail?' Hilarious :D

just classic only kirk wud say that and wtf is nick reaction?

Theres absolutely no chemistry between nick and natasha at all, they just seem sooooooooooooo stupid together, his facial expressions maybe due to bad acting seems hes awkward and uncomfortable with her every single time. and natasha acts like a bunny boiler , that look in her eyes ' ooh im gladly clean gails room and her bed sheets,' What girl 25-30 would offer to do that? whole thing is ridiculous!! they dont suit each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Kizza wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no chemistry between nick and natasha at all, they just seem sooooooooooooo stupid together, his facial expressions maybe due to bad acting seems hes awkward and uncomfortable with her every single time. and natasha acts like a bunny boiler , that look in her eyes ' ooh im gladly clean gails room and her bed sheets,' What girl 25-30 would offer to do that? whole thing is ridiculous!! they dont suit each other!

To be honest I dont think Nick is into her at all. She's a hot girl who is obviously crazy about him so he thinks "Sex on tap. Cool.". I really dont think he says any future in it. As for their engagement, I think for Nick it will be a case of 'This'll shut her up'.

Didn't see last nights episode, but I dont like what I am hearing. I thought it was going to be reliable Rita to save the day, listen to Norris' tale, believe him, and go to the police. Maybe there is more to come on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street actress Vicky Binns is to bow out of the soap after five years in the role of Molly Dobbs.

The 27-year-old - who has played the corner shop worker since May 2005 - this afternoon announced her intention to leave the Weatherfield serial for pastures new at the end of her current deal.

Speaking of her decision, Binns said: "It's been a joy to be involved in such a fantastic storyline and it is only right that it has the explosive ending viewers are waiting for. I am very excited about playing out the rest of this plot and indeed about what the future holds."

She added: "I've had an amazing time in the show and feel it's right to leave on such a high."

After enjoying a six-month affair with her husband Tyrone's (Alan Halsall) best friend Kevin (Michael Le Vell), Molly and Kevin planned to end their respective relationships and start a new life together on Christmas Day.

Their efforts, however, were thwarted by Kevin's wife Sally's (Sally Whittaker) tragic breast cancer news. Kevin immediately ended their romance and essentially shut Molly out of his life.

Only months after their split, Molly made the shock discovery that she was four months' pregnant to either her husband or lover.

Due to give birth in August, Molly now faces the prospect of the baby's true paternity being revealed.

The soap's new producer Phil Collinson commented: "This storyline has been central to the drama of the show for a year now and I hope that the many different twists and turns we have planned will keep the fans on the edge of their seats for months to come."

He went on: "Vicky is a superb actress who has helped to make the Molly, Kevin, Tyrone love triangle one of the most talked-about soap storylines of the year. We wish her every success for the future."

Bosses are remaining tight-lipped over the next twist in the story, but promise "more shocks" to come.

Binns is due to finish filming and bow out on screen before the end of the year, with a potential tie-in to the show's 50th anniversary celebrations in December.

Dustman Trevor Dean has been binned in a dramatic double axing from the soap.
    They are the fourth and fifth characters to get the chop in just 12 days on the orders of cut-throat new producer Phil Collinson.

Meanwhile, beefy Trevor (Steve Jackson), who has been enjoying a racy fling with sexy factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King), got the shove after bosses decided not to renew his contract.

A Corrie source said: "It's been a turbulent few weeks - everyone's wondering if any more big names will go.

"A new producer brings his own ideas and that inevitably means changes - but five stars in a fortnight is some going."

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dustman Trevor Dean has been binned in a dramatic double axing from the soap.
    They are the fourth and fifth characters to get the chop in just 12 days on the orders of cut-throat new producer Phil Collinson.

Meanwhile, beefy Trevor (Steve Jackson), who has been enjoying a racy fling with sexy factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King), got the shove after bosses decided not to renew his contract.

A Corrie source said: "It's been a turbulent few weeks - everyone's wondering if any more big names will go.

"A new producer brings his own ideas and that inevitably means changes - but five stars in a fortnight is some going."

Thats a pity I quite liked him.

syklops wrote: »
    Thats a pity I quite liked him.

Has Janice found out he's going out with Carla yet..?

Has Janice found out he's going out with Carla yet..?

She knows. Carla had his phone one day in the factory after the night before. Janice went to ring him and saw that Carla had it and put two and two together. Janice played a blinder in that scene with Carla i thought. One of the few times you'd feel sorry for the character.

She knows. Carla had his phone one day in the factory after the night before. Janice went to ring him and saw that Carla had it and put two and two together. Janice played a blinder in that scene with Carla i thought. One of the few times you'd feel sorry for the character.

I missed that completely...

Goodbye Blanche
    ITV1 Monday 10th May 8pm - 8.30pm

Blanche Hunt was one of Coronation Street's most popular characters and entertained millions. Maggie Jones, the actress who played her, died last year. She first stepped into the role in 1974 and went on to make the part her own, establishing Blanche as the mother-in-law from hell, with her outrageous one-liners aimed at son-in-law Ken's failures and daughter Deirdre's disastrous personal life. Her friends and colleagues pay tribute to Maggie and recall Blanche's best moments.

They haven't really done much with his character in my opinion. When he first came into the show I thought there'd be a jucier storyline down the road but I guess not since he's leavng.

Goodbye Blanche
    ITV1 Monday 10th May 8pm - 8.30pm

Blanche Hunt was one of Coronation Street's most popular characters and entertained millions. Maggie Jones, the actress who played her, died last year. She first stepped into the role in 1974 and went on to make the part her own, establishing Blanche as the mother-in-law from hell, with her outrageous one-liners aimed at son-in-law Ken's failures and daughter Deirdre's disastrous personal life. Her friends and colleagues pay tribute to Maggie and recall Blanche's best moments.

Great actress...she'll definitely be missed. Some of those one liners were just comedy gold.

greenie wrote: »
    They haven't really done much with his character in my opinion. When he first came into the show I thought there'd be a jucier storyline down the road but I guess not since he's leavng.

There's still time for him to get Carla pregnant. Janice too if needs be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

There's still time for him to get Carla pregnant. Janice too if needs be.

Not saying it is not possible, but what age is Janice.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Not saying it is not possible, but what age is Janice.

Vicky Entwistle is 41 so she's be older than that anyway. I'd guess at late 40' :confused:

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed tonights episodes. Kens speech gave justice to the occasion. A fitting tribute for Blanche and Maggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nominations for the 2010 boards.ie Soap Awards is now open... Make sure Coronation Street gets nominated by casting your nominations in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907935

Really enjoyed tonights episodes. Kens speech gave justice to the occasion. A fitting tribute for Blanche and Maggie.

Have not seen last nights programmes yet. Why is it when someone dies in real life and subsequently die on the street, they always get Ken to give a speech.

Have not seen last nights programmes yet. Why is it when someone dies in real life and subsequently die on the street, they always get Ken to give a speech.

Because he is the only person who can properly express themself.

Tracey Luv is back :D

And she's looking better than ever...!

and about to share a cell with Gail.

and about to share a cell with Gail.

This I am looking forward to. Should be some good scenes here. Will Tracey attempt to seduce Gail to get the information she needs from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Will Tracey attempt to seduce Gail to get the information she needs from her.

She'd really need to be desperate to do that !

• Advertisement

This I am looking forward to. Should be some good scenes here. Will Tracey attempt to seduce Gail to get the information she needs from her.

Maybe Gail might find love with a woman. Has not had much luck with men.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement