Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Seems like regardless of gender, Gail always picks one who's slightly unhinged. :pac:

Hubby #1 was fine, I think. Not his fault he got killed.
    Martin - Has affair with colleague, then falls in love with 17 year old.
    Richard - Yeah...
    Phil - Yeah... (Although to be fair, David did push him to it)
    Joe - Yeah...

Imagine her getting it with Tracey, what could possibly go wrong there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Will be watching this episode tonight. Cant wait. I had forgotten how attractive Tracey is. I hate her charachter but wow, I wont complain too much having her on screen.

Is there rumours of Tracey seducing Gail to get the information? That would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Seems like regardless of gender, Gail always picks one who's slightly unhinged. :pac:

Richard - Yeah...
    Joe - Yeah...

Lol though a woman might be a good choice after her experiences with men!

You know how they said Carla's boyfriend(cant remember his name) will be leaving the show? And you remember the said there will be 2 deaths in the factory after Tony goes on his rampage? You dont reckon he is one of the casualties do you?

Watched Mondays episode last night. Was very sad. I was glad when it was over to be honest. The Tracy/Becky thing was a storm in a tea cup. Apart from that it was fairly uneventful.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Richard - Yeah...
    Joe - Yeah...

For the life of me I cannot remember Phil...:(

• Advertisement

Me neither.

EDIT:
    Phil Nail,played by Scottish actor Clive Russell[1], was a reflexologist, and he worked at the Medical Centre on Rosamund Street. He quickly began a relationship with receptionist Gail Hillman.

Phil was very interested in the Platt family's experience with Richard Hillman because he was undertaking a Criminology course. Gail trusted Phil; she even allowed him to record interviews with her children about their experiences with Richard.

Gail's son David Platt did not like Phil; in fact, he despised him knowing that Phil was only wanting to know about Richard Hillman and that he didn't care less about Gail's children. He even began a campaign to stop the relationship between Phil and his mother. One such example was when Phil's hand was badly injured when David intentionally slammed it with a car bootlid. Another was where Phil pinned David up against a wall and threatened him. David became unhappy ever since his dad left and he did not like another man in the house telling him what to do, as that was his dad's job.

Eventually Phil left the street after Gail discovered that Phil had hit David.

Phil was a suspect when Gail began receiving a series of hoax letters claiming to be from the deceased Richard in 2006. The culprit was later revealed to have been David.

Still dont remember him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

He could see what David was like, and maybe made him worse that he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CORONATION Street is heading for double trouble - with the arrival of Becky McDonald's tearaway teenage sister.
    The chavvy new character has a three-year-old daughter, although she's only 18.

But she's footloose and fancy free as far as the men of Weatherfield are concerned.

An insider told TV Biz: "Becky's sister is really going to cause ructions. Since she arrived in Corrie, Becky's own rough edges have been smoothed off and marriage to Steve has calmed her down a bit. But her sister is as fiery as they come.

"Bosses haven't figured out a name for the character yet, but they've certainly plotted out what kind of person she is. A gobby, chavvy troublemaker."

Corrie chiefs are scouting for an unknown actress to play the new role - and haven't ruled out actress Katherine Kelly's real-life sister Grace.

But she already has commitments at a studying programme in America.

Becky's sister arrives this summer after the adoption agency track her down to speak to her about Becky's suitability to mother a child.

The pair meet up with each other - and Becky offers her sis a job in the Rovers.

But the move doesn't go down well with landlady Liz.

Our source continued: "Becky's sister is very much a livewire and will be flirting with every man in the Rovers - including her sister's husband Steve."

syklops wrote: »
    Me neither.

EDIT:

Still dont remember him.

I kind of remember the stroyline now alright but it had completely been erased from my memorybanks...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Here you go, it might refresh your memory
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=ip1si1Npwls
    I remember the actor from something else, I think he was in Cracker with Robbie Coltrane.

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Here you go, it might refresh your memory
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=ip1si1Npwls
    I remember the actor from something else, I think he was in Cracker with Robbie Coltrane.

Oh of course! He has been in a good few dramas down the years...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ex-Casualty star Will Thorp has joined the cast of Coronation Street as the serial's new bad boy.

The actor is to play Chris, the former partner of lapdancer Cheryl Gray (Holly Quin-Ankrah), according to the soap's official website.

It emerges that Chris and Cheryl share a son, Russ. However, things take a turn for the worse when Chris meets Cheryl's current boyfriend Lloyd (Craig Charles).

Thorp, who played Woody in Casualty, has also appeared in Holby City and Doctor Who.

He is expected to turn up in the Street later this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

You know how they said Carla's boyfriend(cant remember his name) will be leaving the show? And you remember the said there will be 2 deaths in the factory after Tony goes on his rampage? You dont reckon he is one of the casualties do you?

I was wondering after tonights episode if Steve, Ashley and the rest of them wont ever see these tickets and Trevor does a runner with the money.

Tonights episodes served to remind me how much Blanche is going to be missed.

A hilarious will reading. Telling Ken to avoid canals, theatres and women of a dubious nature; Maeve Binchy being a proper writer; Deirdre having her eye on her jewellery for a few years :D The best was the joke she played on Norris; I wonder what he was expecting.:D

I liked the Gail and Tracey scenes even if its a bit difficult to comprehend how the police are relying on a convicted murderer to get a confession from Gail.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

As far as I know it's only Maria, Carla & Hayley in the factory with Tony, no mention of him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Epicurus wrote: »
    I liked the Gail and Tracey scenes even if its a bit difficult to comprehend how the police are relying on a convicted murderer to get a confession from Gail.

I thought that was strange. Would they really bunk a convicted murderer with a prisoner on remand?

I thought that was strange. Would they really bunk a convicted murderer with a prisoner on remand?

It does seem a little far fetched. Are we supposed to believe that once she had forced a confession out of Gail that Tracey will be let out of prison despite hew own crimes. Also, surely anything Tracey has to say about this would be inadmissible in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It does seem a little far fetched. Are we supposed to believe that once she had forced a confession out of Gail that Tracey will be let out of prison despite hew own crimes. Also, surely anything Tracey has to say about this would be inadmissible in court.

I thought that too, it's ridiculous. Sure isn't that hearsay when you're relying on the word of a person to quote another? Pure silly..so Tracy a clearly malicious cow says Gail says she did it then that's enough evidence to bring to court? The cop on the right I suspect has doubts as to whether Gail's guilty. I don't know how this is going to end up.. or how she's going to get out of this one. Maybe a trusty wino who was behind a bush that night watching, will emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Ann22 wrote: »
    I thought that too, it's ridiculous. Sure isn't that hearsay when you're relying on the word of a person to quote another? Pure silly..so Tracy a clearly malicious cow says Gail says she did it then that's enough evidence to bring to court? The cop on the right I suspect has doubts as to whether Gail's guilty. I don't know how this is going to end up.. or how she's going to get out of this one. Maybe a trusty wino who was behind a bush that night watching, will emerge.

Like the idea of the wino ha! :D

But yeah I'm not liking this whole Tracey/Gail carry on.

Maybe the police involved give Tracey inside info on the case that only they or someone involved around the time or death would know.

Then she goes and makes up a story about Gail confessing it all?
    That's the only way her testimony could be used.

Can't believe Blanche left all that flippin money to Tracey!! I mean what about Amy and Simon....that money could have put them through college and then some :/
    But that wouldn't be an interesting storyline I guess

Really liked how they did her death storyline quite funny in parts esp reading out the will. Haaaaaaaaa! In your face Norris :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Like the idea of the wino ha! :D

But yeah I'm not liking this whole Tracey/Gail carry on.

Maybe the police involved give Tracey inside info on the case that only they or someone involved around the time or death would know.

Then she goes and makes up a story about Gail confessing it all?
    That's the only way her testimony could be used.

Can't believe Blanche left all that flippin money to Tracey!! I mean what about Amy and Simon....that money could have put them through college and then some :/
    But that wouldn't be an interesting storyline I guess

Really liked how they did her death storyline quite funny in parts esp reading out the will. Haaaaaaaaa! In your face Norris :pac:

Why Siomon. With Amy or Tracey, they are blood relatives.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Why Siomon. With Amy or Tracey, they are blood relatives.

Because she was always nice enough to wee Simon and he looked on her like a Granny.
    You don't just have to give money to blood relatives when you die.

Plus she gave Deirdre a hard time over her time in jail yet gives all the money to Tracey who is in jail for a far more serious crime than D's!

Tracey is only going to do bad things with it! :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Because she was always nice enough to wee Simon and he looked on her like a Granny.
    You don't just have to give money to blood relatives when you die.

Plus she gave Deirdre a hard time over her time in jail yet gives all the money to Tracey who is in jail for a far more serious crime than D's!

Tracey is only going to do bad things with it! :pac:

You may be 100% correct in what you say, but when it comes down to it, Blood is always thicker than water.

You may be 100% correct in what you say, but when it comes down to it, Blood is always thicker than water.

People think that and most of the time it's true but blood relatives fight it out with each other over wills all the time, causing serious rifts in families that never be healed. It's sad like.

If I live to be that age and have good bit of savings I'd leave alot to of course to certain blood relatives that I like(:pac:) but also some to friends and people close to me.

Spread the lurve!

When are Graeme and Tina gonna get together? I think he is deadly :D

I thought fridays episode was desperate. Have they changed writers recently? The only good thing was Teresa stumbling off into the sunset.

There was a bit with Rita and Hayley that was just pointless.

Rita: The mayor is in hospital
    Hayley Really?
    Rite yeah Angina, oh there is claire, Helloe Claire
    Claire Hi Rita
    Rita The mayor is in hospital
    Claire I heard on the radio right must dash
    Rita Bye!
    Hayley Bye.

That was a waste of bandwidth right there. Also the gail/tracey thing is just annoying. Tracey knows she didnt do it, so I dont know what Tracey is hoping she is going to say. And if she is going to twist what gail says anyway why not just lie from the start?

And surely every judge in the land is going to look at any evidence given by a murderess on a long stint to be shaky at best. It all just seems silly.

And becky's sister turning up, god no! Loud, rough, annoying. I'm this close to giving up ont street.

I thought fridays episode was desperate. Have they changed writers recently? The only good thing was Teresa stumbling off into the sunset.

Hayley Really?
    Claire Hi Rita
    Rita Bye!
    Hayley Bye.

That was a waste of bandwidth right there. Also the gail/tracey thing is just annoying. Tracey knows she didnt do it, so I dont know what Tracey is hoping she is going to say. And if she is going to twist what gail says anyway why not just lie from the start?

And surely every judge in the land is going to look at any evidence given by a murderess on a long stint to be shaky at best. It all just seems silly.

And becky's sister turning up, god no! Loud, rough, annoying. I'm this close to giving up ont street.

Becky is the most off putting character in Corrie for me. The thought of her being the Rovers Landlady for a lengthy stretch into the future makes me want to vomit...:mad:

All about the Mayor

Are they getting a new Mayor then perhaps.

Audrey against Rita for the position; adding more tension to this already ridiculous feud. Or someone else.

Hayley Really?
    Claire Hi Rita
    Rita Bye!
    Hayley Bye.

Cant but help thinking the Mayor is going to die, there will be an election to fill the vacancy on the council and that someone on the street will stand for it.

Are they getting a new Mayor then perhaps.

Audrey against Rita for the position; adding more tension to this already ridiculous feud. Or someone else.

Norris...... His message to the elecorate might be, if he is elected will be to get those he see as mad locked up.

Norris...... His message to the elecorate might be, if he is elected will be to get those he see as mad locked up.

Norris was my first thought too. Or ken?

• Advertisement

Norris was my first thought too. Or ken?

Ken is too clever to be a councillor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement