Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will her aunties be happy and proud of her

Don't give them ideas about bringing back the aunties.
    Dev should go for full custody of the twins leave her with nothing

I wouldn't go jumping the gun just yet. Right now he has a marriage in a shambles, but also about 3 shops and someone to get the kids ready for school etc. A divorce and full custody, could wittle that down to one shop(if he is lucky), 2 kids and a regular invoice from a full time child minder. He'd be better off to let her leave and shack up with Karl, allowing him time to move a younger model in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

syklops wrote: »
    Especially since neither of them smoke, and they are lodgers in Eileens house, and sean can walk to both his jobs, to the shop and to his hobbies(pub?).

So 40 hours a week in the factory at 7 quid an hour = 280 a week or 1120 per month. Add in another 14 hours per week in the pub also at 7 quid an hour is 98 a week or an additional 392 a month, altogether thats £1592 a month before tax.

Calculations for myself...

1592 * 31 = 49352 in czk.

Eff me, thats more than I make.
    Tax take on such little earnings in the UK is relatively low too... after tax they'd take home £1,293.56/month

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

He's on more than minimum wage in both jobs. The factory have junior and senior machinists and Sean is senior so he'd have to be on more than the junior ones, who'd be on minimum wage. And when Tina started working in the Rovers Becky told her she'd earn more than she did in the Kabin, so the Rovers have to pay more than minimum too. He definitely doesn't pay maintenance to Dylan as up until recently Violet wanted nothing at all to do with him and was hiding from him. Marcus is a midwife, which is a higher qualification than nurse, so his wages would be pretty good. It's really stupid that they don't at least rent a place in Victoria Court instead of Eileen's tiny front room. In fact if I was Violet I'd probably insist on them moving if they wanted Dylan overnight as he's too old at this stage to share a room with his dad and his partner.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

They never seem to have money but Marcus is a nurse, and sean works two jobs.. So they definitely have some money!

Tax take on such little earnings in the UK is relatively low too... after tax they'd take home £1,293.56/month

What the flip am I doing working my arse off fighting (cyber)crime when I could be eating hotpots and slugging pints of bitter daily while stitching knickers for a few hours a day and wind up with more money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What the flip am I doing working my arse off fighting (cyber)crime when I could be eating hotpots and slugging pints of bitter daily while stitching knickers for a few hours a day and wind up with more money.

You need to get yourself to Manchester, duck!

You need to get yourself to Manchester, duck!

Oh aye ya, ya. Ta ra!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oh aye ya, ya. Ta ra!
    ye need to work on the accent there skylops:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Why is Dev grovelling with flowers? Sunita doesn't deserve him (never thought I'd say that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Dev is not perfect by any means but, that scene with Sunita really shows what a shallow person she really is.

I am now on Devs side:p

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Dev is not perfect by any means but, that scene with Sunita really shows what a shallow person she really is.

I know, she feels absolutely no guilt, she's in the wrong yet she threatens to up and leave and drag the children along with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that Simon is a great little actor he didn't flinch when Peter was shaking him

Funny how Nick always just happens to be on the Street whenever something is going on with Peter and Simon.

Deirdre hasn't been in Corrie for ages! She wasn't at Rita's wedding and she hasn't shown up to check on Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

actually feeling sorry for Dev now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

lizt wrote: »
    That's true but then by that logic it makes even less sense that Sean and Marcus have no money...

Ah well, for all its plot holes and annoying storylines I do really love Corrie :D

Where we live, most weddings go according to plan, and hardly anyone gets murdered.

If Corrie mirrored real life, the pants would be bored right off us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »
    Funny how Nick always just happens to be on the Street whenever something is going on with Peter and Simon.

Yes and then he shows up at the hospital for Leanne and Eva thinks they can get back together :rolleyes:

Sunita is one cruel heartless biatch :mad: glad Karl told her he loved Stella and that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I wonder if they're building up to a storyline involving Sunita having some kind of brain tumour. That would explain the sudden personality change (ps. I'm not a doctor, I just watch House as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

I hope not. We had the whole brain tumour thing with Maria's fella, what was his name? I hate what they've done to Sunita too, and her 'sexy' face makes me heave!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Leanne is a hard nosed bitch at times, lost a lot of sympathy for her last night. When she heard Simon was missing she had a go at Peter, hardly his fault if he absconds from school. Then when Peter tried to talk with Simon in hospital she starts another argument with Peter in front of him. Her threat to call social services to report the drinking was a low as well. Manipulative cow.

The nurse was overly judgemental on Peters parenting as well.

jimmyw wrote: »

To be fair only a few weeks ago Dev said to Sunita that he doesn't respect her and never has. It was one of the catalysts that drove her into a relationship with Karl. Very cruel thing of Dev to say to the mother of his kids and former wife. Trying to make up for that with a bunch of flowers is a bit pathetic. Dev is a selfish egoist, he should have a good long look at himself first.

Sunita is unhappy but her biggest problem is that her flirt with Karl has ended up with her falling for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bijapos wrote: »
    Leanne is a hard nosed bitch at times, lost a lot of sympathy for her last night. When she heard Simon was missing she had a go at Peter, hardly his fault if he absconds from school. Then when Peter tried to talk with Simon in hospital she starts another argument with Peter in front of him. Her threat to call social services to report the drinking was a low as well. Manipulative cow.

The nurse was overly judgemental on Peters parenting as well.

Well Simon has been playing up because Peter wont let him see Leanne who he sees as his mother, I thought Peter was cruel myself asking Leanne why she cares as she isnt his mother and that she should have stayed away

Anyone would be judgemental of Peter's parenting especially having a child come into the A&E passed out drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Peter's not perfect but I just can't stand Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Anyone would be judgemental of Peter's parenting especially having a child come into the A&E passed out drunk

I ended in hospital 4 times due to accidents before I was 10. Once after drinking disinfectant aged 3, drinking spirits aged 5, serious bike accident aged 8 and badly injured playing on a building site aged 8. No way would anyone who knows us well say my parents were remotely bad or negligent parents.

Kids do mad things, I've a good friend who works in A&E, loads of kids show up there, doesn't mean the parents are bad parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Well colour me happy - acting 101 from Devendra there last night. His crying is a masterclass. Amazing how Sunita has gone from dissatisfied housewife to psycho siren in a matter of weeks - the Kabin must have sold out of Wonderbras at this stage. And of course she would turn to Stella, agony aunt to the street 'ah know ah've onny bin 'ere a wet week luv, an me accent's atrocious, but why don' ya com in't back and tell me all about it.......'

I suppose it took the writers a while to come up with something to use Muh-reeeeah in and so we now have her falling for her gay BFF. Don't know if there was ever any mention of Marcus being bi-sexual but something is definitely on the cards here.

Delighted Rita & Dennis are gone on honeymoon - couldn't take anymore of them looking lovingly at each other whilst gently ribbing each other for their foibles in a predictable and nauseatingly sexist manner. eeee, I don't know what she has in that handbag.......

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

can carla just shut that leanne one up..

Aseth wrote: »
    Peter's not perfect but I just can't stand Leanne.

Im getting fed up of both of them to be honest. And Stella being her mum is just silly.

Bring back Toyah.

I'll never forget years ago when Toyah was doing her hippie-tree hugging stuff, and Sally brought the girls in to the shop where Toyah worked for a bag of sweeties. And Rosie, who was looking up to Toyah at the time asked her if she wanted one and Toyah said "No thank you. They are made with crushed up animal bones". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jeez Caoimhe would want to watch her alcohol intake - a gin and tonic - is it even lunch time?!

Oops wrong thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Its only a matter of time before someone is going to have a word with social services over Simon's misdemeanour, Leanne, the hospital, ken? Stella? .

I think its obvious that Sunita is going to blab about her affair with Karl to Stella to get revenge on Karl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Im getting fed up of both of them to be honest. And Stella being her mum is just silly.

Bring back Toyah.

I'll never forget years ago when Toyah was doing her hippie-tree hugging stuff, and Sally brought the girls in to the shop where Toyah worked for a bag of sweeties. And Rosie, who was looking up to Toyah at the time asked her if she wanted one and Toyah said "No thank you. They are made with crushed up animal bones". :D

Oh God no, that Toyah wan always had a gob on her.
    georgia-taylor-then-2.jpg

• Advertisement

mb1725 wrote: »
    Oh God no, that Toyah wan always had a gob on her.
    georgia-taylor-then-2.jpg

Thats coz she was written to have a gob on her. People can go away and come back and be different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement