Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Karen23 wrote: »
    Who in God's name dresses Leanne , her clothes are awful

leanne is a rat faced, coke sniffing, slutty hooker and dresses like a gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I thought there was going to be no mention of the canal tonight in sensitivity to the man found in the canal on monday and they keep on about it keep saying "body in canal" . Very sensitive corrie

The policewoman clearly said the Bridgewater Canal, which is another local waterway but some way from the Salford Quays in the Manchester Ship Canal where the poor Stone Roses fan was found.

I didn't see, but I'm guessing that this was achieved with a quick overdubbing of the sound. To do a proper job would have involved re-shooting of several scenes. Sensitivity comes at a price!

This cop-out was perhaps unavoidable, but the one concerning the bullying was not. Very unconvincing, and the moronic Brian came out the hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Haven't watched tonight's episodes yet. I just wanted to say..I think Rob(Marc Bayliss) resembles the Judderman (remember him?-Creepy fcuker?) especially to the side..his chin or something..I dunno:confused:29zwl09.jpg
    5fkpsg.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

my point was that they put out a story to the media sayin they wouldnt mention a body in a canal tonight in memory of the guy who was found in the same canal they thought peter was in. Then they mentioned body in a canal about five times.

Were you watching it on TV3? There was no mention of the body being in a canal on ITV. They probably only changed it for British broadcast and didn't bother swapping the version TV3 would already have had in their possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I watched it on UTV and they did mention the canal.

• Advertisement

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I watched it on UTV and they did mention the canal.

I watched it on the ITV player, they must just have changed for specific British broadcasts and not bothered changing the version some of the regionals had.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,430 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ken Barlow's ex-lover Wendy Crozier will return to Coronation Street this summer, it has been announced.

Roberta Kerr will reprise her role as Wendy on the ITV soap, which she appeared in between June 1989 and May 1990.

Wendy, then a council worker, won Ken's heart by laying on a surprise meal for his birthday. Their affair led to Ken's divorce from Deirdre.

Ken and Wendy are stunned when they bump into each other at Weatherfield's primary school, where it turns out they are both running for the role of new governor, revealed ITV.

Though adamant that they should remain good friends, Ken keeps Wendy's return to the area a secret from Deirdre.

Producer Phil Collinson said in a statement: "Ken's affair with Wendy was one of Coronation Street's defining stories during the '80s.

"Viewers were on the edge of their seats as they watched the disintegration of the Barlows' marriage and over 20 years later I hope they will be again.

"I'm delighted to welcome Roberta back as Wendy and can assure viewers that her reunion with Ken will be one of many must-see storylines this summer."

Roberta Kerr is also known for her time on fellow ITV serial Emmerdale, in which she portrayed Jan Glover for four years from 1994 until 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

iguana wrote: »
    Were you watching it on TV3? There was no mention of the body being in a canal on ITV. They probably only changed it for British broadcast and didn't bother swapping the version TV3 would already have had in their possession.

ya i was watching it on tv3, ya suppose they did- because i was v shocked at the continious mention of the "body in canal" after corrie put out the story that it wouldnt be mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

"You're teflon, causing chaos and misery everywhere you go" - what the hell does that mean?! She's non-stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Notice the way Carla brushed off little Simon and it was probably the 1st time he hugged her :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Chucken wrote: »
    Notice the way Carla brushed off little Simon and it was probably the 1st time he hugged her :mad:
    i had to rewind back cos i was like "Did he just show her affection???:eek:

oh carla come away with me on our big adventure ...

Translation "Oh Carla come away with me so that when im caught for kidnapping it will look like you were an accomplice and half the heat will be taken off me":rolleyes:

Jesus why she go to meet him in the 1st place- love is love but jeepers she is thick!!!

I thought she was going to grow a heart and tell Leanne that she had heard from Peter. Beeeacchhhh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Chucken wrote: »
    I thought she was going to grow a heart and tell Leanne that she had heard from Peter. Beeeacchhhh :mad:
    so did I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

"You're teflon, causing chaos and misery everywhere you go" - what the hell does that mean?! She's non-stick?

Yeah like she is an angel herself, little miss goody two shoes.She don't have a good track record either.........................bitch:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

So Leanne, ex Coke addict and ex call girl had a residence order for Simon all along. Thanks for clearing that up Corrie :rolleyes:. Either way it must have been voluntary on Peter's part to give her the order so I suppose he can rescind that whenever he wants and head off with Carla and Simon.

Leaves Leanne without Simon which is probably for the better, the fact that she denies Peter access just to piss him off and the fact that she puts bets on with her boyfriend Nick as to how they will wind Simon's Dad up makes her in some ways unfit to look after Simon IMO.

Nick is a desperately smug cnut, hope he gets another smack in the gob soon. :)

Which also leaves Rob and Michelle to run Underworld and much high jinks wil ensue when Carla the cat is away.

Pity in a way Carla and Peter are taking a hiatus, they have a real intensity on screen that no other charachter pairing have.

We've been talking about the lack of quality of some of the writing on Corrie. The story with Kirk mistakenly thinking Marcus was coming on to him is a good example, I think that story should have been let run for a week or two, plenty of space there for comedy and all sorts of double entendres, pity they shut it down after one episode. :(

Also when Anna and Eddie (bring him back) adopted Faye, he quickly ran away but the social services didn't inspect the change in circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Also when Anna and Eddie (bring him back) adopted Faye, he quickly ran away but the social services didn't inspect the change in circumstances.

They did mention something about how Anna had a meeting with them and they allowed Faye to stay with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

What a stupid storyline. She's not even his aul wan. Surely he can take his own son wherever he wants. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I've just had a shocking visual of mary and roy having an affair :eek: also has anyone noticed that anna and mary kind of look alike

el diablo wrote: »
    What a stupid storyline. She's not even his aul wan. Surely he can take his own son wherever he wants. :confused:

No, Leanne has legal custody, the show just did a really crappy job of actually telling people that over the last 3 weeks. Peter and Carla would have been abducting him if they'd taken him.

Why are Peter and Carla actually leaving? Peter would be better off going and getting some intensive counselling for his drinking problem and his obvious issues from his childhood. Running off with someone who has as many problems as he does isn't likely to fix him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

No, Leanne has legal custody, the show just did a really crappy job of actually telling people that over the last 3 weeks. Peter and Carla would have been abducting him if they'd taken him.

Why are Peter and Carla actually leaving? Peter would be better off going and getting some intensive counselling for his drinking problem and his obvious issues from his childhood. Running off with someone who has as many problems as he does isn't likely to fix him.

I don't really watch this show but it all seems a bit bizarre to me. Giving his son away to an ex-prostitute and her new boyfriend, neither of whom are related to him.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Why are Peter and Carla actually leaving?

The actors want some time off to spend with their families.

I love Roy and Mary its quite funny, but the tea towel disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

el diablo wrote: »
    I don't really watch this show but it all seems a bit bizarre to me. Giving his son away to an ex-prostitute and her new boyfriend, neither of whom are related to him.

Yeah, but what a bleedin hypocrite that Leanne is, she was going to run off with that snide little weasel Nick not too long ago:mad:.

Forgive me a bit but I have only watched the first programme so far and what in Gods name did Carla tell that brother of hers about Peter for? Though it seems alot more people seem to know about Peters plan now anyway:(.

I hate Leanne now, she does not not come out of this in a good light, to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

When is the omnibus for this and Ee? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Misticles wrote: »

Saturday on TV3 at 1.15 for Corrie Misti, not sure about EE x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Misticles wrote: »

Eastenders has been changed to Midnight on Friday night's.

Sunday afternoons just aren't the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

She doesn't have legal custody of Simon, she has a residence order for him. In fact the order allows Peter to take Simon out of the country for up to 30 days.

The whole story is very badly done IMO. Who the hell lets a 9 year old decide where to live anyway? Bistro food, expensive parties, laptops V cafe, small party and a computer game. I think we'd all vote for Nick and Leanne at that age.

Crap storyline, Leanne has lost a lot of respect out of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,430 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I bet Nick is going to get dumped now :p

Leanne should get with Carla's brother

Peter should sign himself into rehab not go off on holidays with Carla who is another lover of wine and alcohol

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Simon should sign himself into rehab not go off on holidays with Carla who is another lover of wine and alcohol

Aw come on, the little guy only got drunk that one time and he really seemed to learn his lesson.:P

• Advertisement

Aw come on, the little guy only got drunk that one time and he really seemed to learn his lesson.:P

LOL I was just going to say that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement