Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Molly is leaving the street isnt she. For people to suggest they could be the new Jack and Vera is laughable.

Is she?? Oh thank god she is going i cant stand her moaning all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Tina & Graeme.

So she's been with David, his brother; brother in law; best mate.

When's Martin coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Epicurus wrote: »
    Tina & Graeme.

I LOL'ed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Tina & Graeme.

Wait will Ken and Deirdre have a rough and she throws him out, and he needs some place to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Has Nick had any scenes with Leanne since he came back into it. They were married at one stage weren't they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just a couple of awkward
    "Um...hi"
    "...Y'alright?"
    "Yeah.."
    *walks away*
    3rd person (Usually Carla) "What was all that about?!"
    "I'll tell you over a drink..."

moments, really.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hayley had a brief affair with Olaf, her instructor, when she was doing her charity work in Mozambique.

I thought she only fancied him. Then she discovered he was a slut and got over it.

iguana wrote: »
    I thought she only fancied him. Then she discovered he was a slut and got over it.

Ah yes you're right iguana.

So Hayley has never had an affair; yet.

Ah yes you're right iguana.

So Hayley has never had an affair; yet.

Still, she has a wandering eye.

Have they recently changed writers because alot of characters seem to be acting out of character. Hayley is being a bitch. Roy gave her the money to buy the dress and she was all "Feck off Roy, you dont understand me blah blah".

The tracey/gail thing is just silly. This first we hear of the rolling pin is when the police find it and then we find that Gail did say something to tracey about it. Lost could get away with something like that but not corrie.

syklops wrote: »
    Have they recently changed writers because alot of characters seem to be acting out of character.

No but the current producer has been terrible. She turned Molly into a crazy bitch, made everyone love John Stape, wrote the most hilarious kidnapping in history (where are my hob-nobs?), made Steve switch from being disgusted by Becky to being in love with her overnight, made everyone think Ken was a bully for thinking his very recently recovering alcoholic son should not open a bar. It goes on and on, she just seems determined to screw up all the characters before she leaves, which is thankfully very soon. (She's already left irl, but her episodes will keep showing up until mid-June).

• Advertisement

Where have the two windows either side of the fire place in the rovers come from and why are there none of the side of the building when it is shown from the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hayley is going to have an affair :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

With who Eddie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    With who Eddie?

With some guy from salsa class.

With some guy from salsa class.

Will she tell him her secret?

What happened Hayleys son in the end? He was around for a while; now she never mentions him; it's as if he never existed.

Hayley told him that she was born a man, and that she was merely a sperm donor.

Then he went ballistic and beat her up.

Then Becky found out and beat him up.

Then he was never mentioned again.

it's as if he never existed.

Just like Michelle's biological son and Ryan's biological parents.

My god. What a failure of a storyline that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I find it very hard to believe that Tina's mother hasn't made an appearance to see how her daughter was following Joe's apparent murder.

Then Becky found out and beat him up.

Go Becky..........................

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe that Tina's mother hasn't made an appearance to see how her daughter was following Joe's apparent murder.

Much like Gails father hasnt been seen since Joe died and she went to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Much like Gails father hasnt been seen since Joe died and she went to prison.

That's right. And Joe owes him four grand. It's been keeping me awake at nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bucks777

deelite wrote: »
    Has Nick had any scenes with Leanne since he came back into it. They were married at one stage weren't they.
    seems a bit strange alrite

Coronation Street's Audrey Roberts is to plot a permanent move to Greece in a new Shirley Valentine-style storyline, it has been revealed.

According to reports, the smitten salon owner decides to quit Weatherfield later this year in favour of a new life abroad with lover Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers).

It is thought that the couple put in an offer for a hotel on the Greek island Alonissos and are overjoyed when it is accepted. Following the good news, Audrey is expected to start making plans to sell her hairdressing business.

Although her grandson David (Jack P. Shepherd) offers to take over as the salon's manager and send her a slice of his profits, Audrey remains determined to sell up, telling him: "I don't want any ties."

The Mirror reports that fans will be left to wonder whether Audrey - played by Sue Nicholls - really will go ahead with her plans to quit the UK for good.

A show spokesperson teased: "With her daughter Gail facing life in jail, it can't be denied Audrey would want to bid farewell to the Street."

Shirley Valentine is a play composed by Willy Russell telling the story of a bored housewife who falls in love with life in Greece while on holiday there. It was later adapted into a 1989 film starring Pauline Collins.

Coronation Street legend Bill Roache is to be joined on the cobbles by his two sons Linus and James later this year, it has been announced.

The pair will join the Weatherfield serial in September as part of a surprise new plot for their father's character Ken Barlow.

In the build-up to Coronation Street's 50th anniversary celebrations, Ken uncovers a dark family secret when a letter from the 1960s is unearthed during building work.

Although it is understood that Ken's discovery sparks Linus and James's arrival on screen, show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the identity of their characters.

Speaking of the twist, Bill Roache commented: "I can think of no better way to celebrate my 50th anniversary on Coronation Street than to be working alongside both of my sons - I am looking forward to it immensely."

Linus has already appeared on Coronation Street before, having played Ken's son Peter briefly in the 1970s. He has since starred in NBC's Law and Order, 2005 movie Batman Begins and the Robert F. Kennedy biographical drama RFK.

James, meanwhile, has appeared in ITV1's Cold Blood and BBC One's The Innocence Project.

The duo will appear on screen for three weeks following their arrival in September.

Coronation Street's Audrey Roberts is to plot a permanent move to Greece in a new Shirley Valentine-style storyline, it has been revealed.

According to reports, the smitten salon owner decides to quit Weatherfield later this year in favour of a new life abroad with lover Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers).

It is thought that the couple put in an offer for a hotel on the Greek island Alonissos and are overjoyed when it is accepted. Following the good news, Audrey is expected to start making plans to sell her hairdressing business.

Although her grandson David (Jack P. Shepherd) offers to take over as the salon's manager and send her a slice of his profits, Audrey remains determined to sell up, telling him: "I don't want any ties."

The Mirror reports that fans will be left to wonder whether Audrey - played by Sue Nicholls - really will go ahead with her plans to quit the UK for good.

A show spokesperson teased: "With her daughter Gail facing life in jail, it can't be denied Audrey would want to bid farewell to the Street."

Shirley Valentine is a play composed by Willy Russell telling the story of a bored housewife who falls in love with life in Greece while on holiday there. It was later adapted into a 1989 film starring Pauline Collins.

I wonder will lewis do a runner with the money.

"Soft spoken lewis": "Audrey, great news, they have accepted the offer. Im going to fly over and do the paperwork. Can you transfer me your half of the money so I can pay them once I have signed the deed".
    Audrey:"Lewis, sweetie, of course! Here it is..."

3 days later she gets a postcard post marked the cayman islands that says "Wish you were here... Well, actually I wish more of your bank account was here."

What do yiz reckon?
    Just like Michelle's biological son and Ryan's biological parents.

Was that when the kids were swapped at birth by accident?

Imagine being a 17 year old, and discovering Kim Marsh is your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

"Soft spoken lewis": "Audrey, great news, they have accepted the offer. Im going to fly over and do the paperwork. Can you transfer me your half of the money so I can pay them once I have signed the deed".
    Audrey:"Lewis, sweetie, of course! Here it is..."

3 days later she gets a postcard post marked the cayman islands that says "Wish you were here... Well, actually I wish more of your bank account was here."

What do yiz reckon?

It seems like that might be the case, doesn't it? Lewis is definitley to good to be true me thinks.

If he does I hope she kills him. At least then she might go to prison and see Gail. I dont think Audrey really cares that Gails inside; never goes to see her, only interested in her own love life.

The other week we had a scene with herself and Archie in the Rovers where she told him that she was never as happy as she is now; this despite her daughter in prison for murder.

Hopefully she discovers that there is a fool been made of her in time.

• Advertisement

If he does I hope she kills him. At least then she might go to prison and see Gail. I dont think Audrey really cares that Gails inside; never goes to see her, only interested in her own love life.

The other week we had a scene with herself and Archie in the Rovers where she told him that she was never as happy as she is now; this despite her daughter in prison for murder.

Ive never liked her. She used to treat alf shockingly badly. I was surprised she shed a tear when he died.

That quote up above where she told david when he asked could stay and be the salon mangager about her cutting ties is just like her. What a b!tch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement