Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mb1725 wrote: »
    But we did get to see some lovely close ups of her moustache! :D:D

She has more stuble than Jason :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

who moved all Jasons boxes back to Eileens? the cardboard boxes were in the house when he was moving in with Maria and she said leave everything there until I get the results then we see Jason back in Eileens with his boxes of stuff all over the place. Also did I hear right when she said she is getting the results tomorrow? :eek: wow that's quick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

ft9 wrote: »
    I have to say, the kirsty/tyrone story is starting to intrigue me now. Particularly if they're gone do a whole underhanded tryna gain her trust while secretly planning to get one of those parental declaration things!

Though I have to say it seems to be another corrie legal fairytale. I'm sure tyrone court get a court order forcing her to consent to w dna test.

In the meantime it's boot her out and say fine! You say I'm not the dad, I ain't paying maintenance. She's no job, no income, no home what's she gonna do?

She has a job again at the knicker factory.

But only while she has Ty at home watching the sprog. If he bailes what's she gonna do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

lads i didnt even cop Marias tasche until i read about it on here- so last night i looked for it- and ive no idea how i didnt spot it before- its like its bloomin drawn on :D

Tracy
    announces she is pregnant next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

but is tracys announcement going to be a lie or is it true thats the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

iceblue wrote: »
    but is tracys announcement going to be a lie or is it true thats the question

Oh it will be true,

but
    Michelle will push her down the stairs and she'll lose the baby and michelle will get away with it after the whole Becky thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ooh, is that true? :eek:

I'd actually like to see that, plus
    not another bloody baby. Where is it written that at least one person must be pregnant at all times on soaps?

i don't know but it should be! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Pmsl...how good would that story be! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/interviews/a410415/coronation-street-charlie-condou-talks-marcus-maria-future.html
    How will Sean react when Marcus and Maria get together?
    "I think it's obviously going to be a massive shock for Sean. That's the thing that's really interesting about the scenario - everyone's confused by it and nobody can work it out. It's going to be really tough for Sean, and he does have a tendency to make everything about himself anyway, so there'll be a lot of that going on!

"It's also going to be really hard for Jason, of course. There are also other people on the sidelines of the storyline like Eileen. She's good friends with Marcus, but she's Jason's mum. So there'll be a real conflict for everyone. It's amazing how it has a big effect on a lot of people on the street."

:confused::eek:

Marcus clearly confusing Maria for a bloke there....I blame the 'tache :/

Marcus clearly confusing Maria for a bloke there....I blame the 'tache :/

For a gay fella he was really into it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Are Maria and Marcus gonna get it together now? I think it was the oddest looking kiss.

Poor aul Jason has no luck with the wimmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

LizT wrote: »
    I don't think it's possible to get a court order to force someone to do a DNA test, is it?

It is in certain circumstances, the police use this on a regular basis in assault, rape and murder cases. In this case Tyrone has grounds for a test to be taken on the basis that he and Kirsty are living together and he has reason to believe he is the father of the child. Anyway, it's not Kirsty who needs to give a DNA test sample, it's Ruby and Tyrone who need to be matched. Granted Kirsty will have to give permission for a sample to be taken from Ruby but Tyrone would get that at the drop of a hat in any court. Big hole in this story IMO.

I'm not clued up on this type of thing but haven't we seen in soaps loads of times a parent taking a quick swab from the childs mouth? and then posting it off somewhere and the results come back to them in the post

casio4 wrote: »
    I'm not clued up on this type of thing but haven't we seen in soaps loads of times a parent taking a quick swab from the childs mouth? and then posting it off somewhere and the results come back to them in the post

Yes we have...in fact didn't Kevin do it with Molly's kid? He took his soother I think.

Corrie are always ignoring the facts and they're own previous storylines to keep a current story going, poetic licence or an insult to viewers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Oh it will be true,

but
    Michelle will push her down the stairs and she'll lose the baby and michelle will get away with it after the whole Becky thing :pac:

I thought that this happened to her before, so why would it happen again, or am I mistaken and it happened to someone else and she was involved?
    Was there not a similar story line only a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Tracey had a miscarriage and didnt tell steve, steve was paying her a lot of attention and was only with her because she was pregnant and was going to get back with Becky otherwise. Tracey then said that Becky threw her down the stairs to split them up and had lost the babies.

The manager in some hotel they were doing a deal for streetcars revealed all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I don't post a lot in here but I just had to come in to pay tribute to Deirdre's spectacular over-acting tonight. One day her neck will give out when she's flexing it with rage.

• Advertisement

yeah she over did it a bit tonight but then again she does hate your one Wendy Crossier

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah she over did it a bit tonight but then again she does hate your one Wendy Crossier

Love how she blamed her for breaking up the marriage, like she never cheated on Ken :rolleyes:

I'd actually like to see that, plus
    not another bloody baby. Where is it written that at least one person must be pregnant at all times on soaps?
    Love how she blamed her for breaking up the marriage, like she never cheated on Ken :rolleyes:

or ended up in jail for it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Coronation Street': Stuart Blackburn named new producer

Stuart Blackburn has been appointed as the new producer of Coronation Street, succeeding current boss Phil Collinson in the role.

Blackburn, who has been working as Emmerdale's series producer since early 2011, will take up the position in January.

Collinson, meanwhile, will remain at ITV in a new role working with Kieran Roberts to develop new drama from ITV's base in Manchester.

Speaking of his new post, Blackburn commented: "I'm in the very privileged position of producing Emmerdale's hour-long live episode to celebrate the programme's 40th birthday, and I get to produce Coronation Street too. Life just couldn't get any better.

"Emmerdale is a very special programme to me, as I was born and brought up in West Yorkshire. I'm in total admiration of the cast and production team as they are all incredibly talented people. They do an amazing job and I'll be sad to leave them.

"Coronation Street also has a place in my heart, as I believe passionately in storytelling, and although I recognise it's a massive responsibility, I have the best job in the world."

Phil Collinson added: "It's been an honour to produce Coronation Street and I'll be sad to leave. But the drama can only stay at the top of its game if the producer is re-energised every two to three years.

"By the time I say farewell I'll have been with the programme for nearly three years and produced almost 750 episodes. It's an achievement I'm hugely proud of, but I know I couldn't have done it without the amazing production team, writers, cast and crew who work tirelessly to produce the best drama on television. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

"I wish Stuart every success, and look forward now to taking up my new role developing drama and producing brand new drama from our base in Manchester."

ohn Whiston, ITV Studios' creative director for soaps, paid tribute to both Collinson and Blackburn.

Whiston explained: "Phil Collinson leaves Coronation Street after nearly three memorable years. As the master of big events, Phil pulled off Coronation Street's 50th anniversary in amazing style and to universal acclaim - universal that is unless you were a character that died in the mangled wreckage of the tram!

"But he has also proved himself as a great peace time producer, filling the show with character, intrigue and traditional Coronation Street wit - so much so that Coronation Street won a string of prestigious awards to mark one of the most successful periods in the programme's history.

"It's a legacy to be proud of. We're pleased that he's staying with ITV to develop and produce new engaging drama out of Manchester."

He continued: "Stuart has overseen an Emmerdale that is modern, exciting, purposeful and dramatic - and in great shape as it approaches its 40th birthday. Stuart combines a real delight in and respect for the world of soap with a deep understanding of the nitty gritty of storytelling.

"These qualities make him an ideal choice to take on the equally demanding but very slightly different challenges of Coronation Street."
    tin
    ITV will now begin the process to find a new producer for Emmerdale to take the rural soap beyond its 40th anniversary.

I don't watch Emmerdale' at all but I do watch Corrie now and again, So I Know a lot dale fans are not happy with the show, ratting are really poor for dales at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

I hate to hear Deirdre crying... makes me cringe :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I love Mary in the cafe (even if it was a bit rushed).

I hope Roy brings his mum back though.

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I love Mary in the cafe (even if it was a bit rushed).

I hope Roy brings his mum back though.
    I don't know what it is but I just can't warm to Mary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Have to say that Wendy Crozier is wearing her years well,

Alice1 wrote: »
    Have to say that Wendy Crozier is wearing her years well,
    yes I agree and Deirdre isn't so happy about it either as she said tonight:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

As I pointed out before, Kens affair with Wendy resulted in the divorce. It was part of the story arc. Yes Ken has had affairs and Deirdre has had affairs but the affair with Wendy resulted in Deirdre kicking Ken out, and them divorcing. Yes there were affairs on both sides before and after that, but Wendy was the straw that broke the camels back. It makes sense that Deirdre would be more sensitive to her return than to one of Kens other former lovers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement