Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle isnt a worthy opponent for Tracey she isnt up to Karen or Becky's standard imo I am even siding with Tracey in this feud

Some good one liners from Tracey last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michelle isnt a worthy opponent for Tracey she isnt up to Karen or Becky's standard imo I am even siding with Tracey in this feud

Some good one liners from Tracey last night

On the other hand Michelle is better looking, more likeable, more popular, and the actress can act. IMO Michelle has more going for her.

syklops wrote: »
    On the other hand Michelle is better looking, more likeable, more popular, and the actress can act. IMO Michelle has more going for her.

Kym Marsh likeable and can act WTF? :confused:

Michelle is likeable.

I have never noticed any bad acting from Kym Marsh but I don't detect it as easily as some people do.

Michelle is likeable.

I have never noticed any bad acting from Kym Marsh but I don't detect it as easily as some people do.

Well we have disagree here Syklops

Michelle was popular and likeable at the start but think she has run her course now imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Bring Back Becky

Well we have disagree here Syklops

Michelle was popular and likeable at the start but think she has run her course now imo

Well if Michelle was only likeable for about 25 minutes in May 2009, she would still be more likeable than Tracy by a magnitude of about a thousand. Tracy is a horrible, nasty and manipulative character, and has been since she was about 14.

I wish she would get hit by a bus and be done with it.

Bring Back Becky

Or even better bring back Karen ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

One of my biggest problems with this storyline is that I really just don't buy Steve and Michelle as a couple any more. When they were first together I could accept them, as Michelle was basically introduced as a love interest for Steve but things have moved on since then. I don't for one second accept that Michelle would ever forgive him for cheating on her the way he cheated on her with Becky, or accept him back once Becky had left him. She has way too much self-esteem for that and tbh, in terms of looks, career, outlook on life, trustworthiness she is so far out of Steve's league it would be more believable if she hooked up with Dennis. I don't don't even particularly like Michelle but she and Steve are badly mismatched.

iguana wrote: »
    One of my biggest problems with this storyline is that I really just don't buy Steve and Michelle as a couple any more. When they were first together I could accept them, as Michelle was basically introduced as a love interest for Steve but things have moved on since then. I don't for one second accept that Michelle would ever forgive him for cheating on her the way he cheated on her with Becky, or accept him back once Becky had left him. She has way too much self-esteem for that and tbh, in terms of looks, career, outlook on life, trustworthiness she is so far out of Steve's league it would be more believable if she hooked up with Dennis. I don't don't even particularly like Michelle but she and Steve are badly mismatched.

She will be with Rob soon enough

• Advertisement

Watching last nights episode now. After all I said, Michelle was being a bitch, last night.

Plus feckin' loads. The story line is silly. All of it. Ryan went away a pathetic weedy looking Emo kid. And after 2 years in college as well as playing the guitar and doing coke he was hitting the gym and came back a strong confident fella' who has started a fling with the streets own Black Widow, Tracy.

Last nights 'strike' in the factory was just silly. No-one in the factory likes Sally and if I walked out every time my boss was mean to me I would be living in some far flung country doing a dead end job.... Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What's the story with Ken's new line? He's said "Beyond the pale" of a few times now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Or even better bring back Karen ;)

Everyone raved about Karen but I didn't like her in it at all. I thought her acting was so forced. She had the same facial expressions all the time with blank eyes and she'd just yell to show anger instead of a real tone..she was the same in that spoof series A Touch of Cloth. I didn't watch her in anything else.

Tracy is beyond ridiculous as a character. She has no redeeming features whatsoever:confused:.What was her point in going out with Ryan anyway? It must've been just to get revenge on Michelle, it couldn't possibly have been to impress Steve. Her behaviour when Steve was with Becky was a joke and Steve's lucky I didn't go off him as a character for eventually taking her side. Michelle must be suicidal after the lastest news..fcukin' hell! I'd go mad if that was my son.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Has anyone noticed they've started to play 90s/00s music in the background in the factory and the pub? I'm loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is there a baby though? it could just be Traceys way of messing everything up :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

how may times has traycee been preggers now? Real or otherwise???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

LizT wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed they've started to play 90s/00s music in the background in the factory and the pub? I'm loving it :)

And Amy MacDonald aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What's a good actor/actress though? I mean there are obviously some blatantly bad ones out there but I don't think Kym Marsh fits that description? I think she's rather good :-)

Ryan and Sophie as friends now looks weird imo

Loved some of Dreary's one liners tonight especially about Ken's kimono :p

Sorry but I have yet to see one scene which shows Kym Marsh capable of actual "acting"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sorry but I have yet to see one scene which shows Kym Marsh capable of actual "acting"

But that's what I'm asking you - in what way is she a bad actress? If she's a bad actress then most of the corrie cast are pretty average then IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I think kym marsh has been surprisingly good. I was ready to dislike her because of her talent show background but i really like her. She's been given some really crap story lines, Ryan who isn't her real son, but let's never mention it again, they turned her into a dreary nag to get Becky and Steve together and now they've turned her emo son into a 30 year old druggie :D.

As soap actresses go, she isnt the worst. Plus, she deserves an award simply for negotiating the cobbles in those heels!

leahyl wrote: »
    But that's what I'm asking you - in what way is she a bad actress? If she's a bad actress then most of the corrie cast are pretty average then IMO

Well imo I think both her and Samia who plays Maria are two of Corrie's worst both cant convey any emotion

MugMugs wrote: »
    What's the story with Ken's new line? He's said "Beyond the pale" of a few times now!

That comment is really bugging me. Especially when it doesn't suit the context. Like when Deirdre said she followed him, he said 'that's beyond the Pale' stupid cnut-what's he on about?! Of course she had reason to...frig sake. I was sure I posted something about this but I can't find it...I must've been dreaming:o

And another thing...Ken would be away like a shot if he had a chance of a strange jump..Same as Deirdre..any sniff of another man's trousers and she's away like a shot.. Like Dev that time..(shudder!!) and the time with Lewis in the bookies. She had her tongue halfway down his windpipe the second he feigned an interest. Haven't seen him in a while:confused:.
    Thought he was going to be run over soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

"Beyond the pale" means that it is going a bit too far. Ken is insinuating that he did nothing wrong and that Deirdre went a bit too far by following him. So in effect it is used in the right context. Of course Ken was open for anything that might have happened in Wendy's house that night and the only reason that he did nothing wrong is because Wendy didn't make the first move. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Tracey isnt pregnant, Ryan proposes and she has to tell him then she has lost the babies. They see through her then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Corrie on 7-8 Sunday, feckin football!

Reminder its on 10 mins

Lorna123 wrote: »
    "Beyond the pale" means that it is going a bit too far. Ken is insinuating that he did nothing wrong and that Deirdre went a bit too far by following him. So in effect it is used in the right context. Of course Ken was open for anything that might have happened in Wendy's house that night and the only reason that he did nothing wrong is because Wendy didn't make the first move. ;)

I know what it actually means..I just felt that it wasn't a suitable time to use the saying...as you say he was open to anything that might've happened in Wendy's house so it was perfectly understandable why Deirdre would've been on the snoop:).It was annoying, especially as he was after saying it in an episode or two before. Think he must've been only after discovering the saying and was delighted with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This Tracy storyline is disturbing. Really disturbing.

"I must let you go!".

Reeeeeally disturbing.

And I get that Steve was a an eejit for trying to buy Tracy off (but hey, he knows her, and it really was a 50:50 shot, judging by how she wanted this all to play out), but why is Michelle blaming all of this on him?

And there's something weird about that Lawrence guy.

• Advertisement

Why hasnt Ryan or Michelle demanded Tracey take a test?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement