Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Epicurus wrote: »
    The other week we had a scene with herself and Archie in the Rovers where she told him that she was never as happy as she is now; this despite her daughter in prison for murder.

Maybe that is why she is happy, knowing her daughter is not making a fool of herself again with the first fellow that throws an eye in her direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »
    Ive never liked her. She used to treat alf shockingly badly. I was surprised she shed a tear when he died.

Something she cant seem to manage for Gails situation. We had Deirdre in tears in the Salon the other day over Tracey being inside; but Audrey was in great form because Lewis came in.

Something she cant seem to manage for Gails situation. We had Deirdre in tears in the Salon the other day over Tracey being inside; but Audrey was in great form because Lewis came in.

Love is blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ToniTuddle wrote: »

! I mean what about Amy and Simon....that money could have put them through college and then some :/
    But that wouldn't be an interesting storyline I guess

Fees in the Uk are 3k a year not to mention accommodation cost of living. It would have just about gotten one of them through uni. Sorry, I'm a stickler for detail :L

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Much like Gails father hasnt been seen since Joe died and she went to prison.

:eek: I completely forgot about him...now that's bad, they should really have written him into this story..same with Tina's mum.

• Advertisement

greenie wrote: »
    :eek: I completely forgot about him...now that's bad, they should really have written him into this story..same with Tina's mum.

And why do we not hear from Sarah. Surely she would be ringing her brothers for the latest news.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

New HD titles and theme music.

What do you think?

iguana wrote: »
    New HD titles and theme music.

The opening shots look quite blurry. I like the reintroduction of the cat. They definitely look a lot better than the current ones; a bustling street compared to the near empty ones currently aired.

About time for new titles as well; current ones around since 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I like the cat and everything but i'm not sure. maybe its the fact that i'm so used to the old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I didnt notice a difference in the music. Not mad about it though. Whats wrong with leaving it as it is?

Did anyone else think it looked a bit like fair city at the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I liked it, Corrie is 50 this year so it's the right time for a makeover. I liked the last shot of the chimneys in the sunset.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TWO Corrie characters will DIE when Tony Gordon burns down knicker factory Underworld during an armed siege.

Taking place next week. Who's going to die. I hope Hayley isn't one of them. Although I would like one of the long standing cast to leave this way.

I guess Tony & Tyrone.

Tony and his accomplice, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Tony and they guy who is helping him (the fella from Vicar of Dibley) die

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Tony and they guy who is helping him (the fella from Vicar of Dibley) die

Snap.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

My theory is still Carlas boyfriend. Cant remember his name. He goes to meet her, and finds tony laying into her, and then goes all "This is what I have been training in the gym for" and takes off his t-shirt to show off his pecks while at the same time distracting Tony, and then a swift punch to tonys jaw. Tony stumbles backwards and knocks over a cannister of sewing mcahine clean liquid that has a big flammable warning on the front.

It covers the floor, and as they wrestle with each other both get covered in the highly flammable liquid. Carla picks up the lamp from her desk to smash over tony's head but she misses and the sparks from the now defunct bulb ignite the fluid. Both men are engulfed in flames, and Carla has to evacuate herself.

Unfortunately for steve, ashley and kevin, binman man was on his way to purchase the tickets for the world cup when tragedy struck, so the money went up in flames as well as him, but gone without trace to everyone else...

iguana wrote: »
    Tony and his accomplice, imo.

Would this not be a bit predictable and boring though. We have no connection with his accomplice yet; his death wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

If it was someone like Maria/Kirk/Carla at least some tears would be shed. And Barry & Helen Connor come return for another funeral.

Taking place next week. Who's going to die. I hope Hayley isn't one of them. Although I would like one of the long standing cast to leave this way.

I guess Tony & Tyrone.

Tony and yourman living with Janice but sleeping with Carla i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I know it's too much to hope but that doesn't stop me.

Please kill off Care-la!
    Please kill off Care-la!
    Please kill off Care-la!

As for the other victim, I don't care, hell I'm on a roll, Kill off Care-la twice!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Great re-introduction for Tony. Receiving communion in prison. Tony it the man. Best Soap villian ever !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

syklops wrote: »
    My theory is still Carlas boyfriend. Cant remember his name. He goes to meet her, and finds tony laying into her, and then goes all "This is what I have been training in the gym for" and takes off his t-shirt to show off his pecks while at the same time distracting Tony, and then a swift punch to tonys jaw. Tony stumbles backwards and knocks over a cannister of sewing mcahine clean liquid that has a big flammable warning on the front.

It covers the floor, and as they wrestle with each other both get covered in the highly flammable liquid. Carla picks up the lamp from her desk to smash over tony's head but she misses and the sparks from the now defunct bulb ignite the fluid. Both men are engulfed in flames, and Carla has to evacuate herself.

Unfortunately for steve, ashley and kevin, binman man was on his way to purchase the tickets for the world cup when tragedy struck, so the money went up in flames as well as him, but gone without trace to everyone else...

I <3 skylops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Great re-introduction for Tony. Receiving communion in prison. Tony it the man. Best Soap villian ever !

I thought he was a brilliant villain too:). I want him to stay in it full time. Miles better than that pantomime Richard Hillman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know it's too much to hope but that doesn't stop me.

Please kill off Care-la!
    Please kill off Care-la!
    Please kill off Care-la!

As for the other victim, I don't care, hell I'm on a roll, Kill off Care-la twice!

What's it with Carla? She's getting on my nerves now. It started with the horribly unflattering fringe, now it's her harsh grating voice. I wouldn't be averse to seeing her being throttled either.

Would this not be a bit predictable and boring though. We have no connection with his accomplice yet; his death wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

I agree. I just have a fear it will be a huge anti-climax just like Tony pulling Roy out of the water and handing himself into the police was.

why were the sirens of the ambulance on the whole way from the prison to where it was held up. Surely it is illegal. I thought you were only allowed to have them on to clear traffic or coming up to a cross roads. On other occasions i thought only the lights were to be flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Tony and yourman living with Janice but sleeping with Carla i bet.

I think it's between Tony, Maria, Hayley & Carla..apparently they're the only ones in the factory. But yeah I reckon Tony has to be one of them..

greenie wrote: »
    I think it's between Tony, Maria, Hayley & Carla..apparently they're the only ones in the factory. But yeah I reckon Tony has to be one of them..

The men on the street will try to rescue them. I think Tyrone and Ashley definitely go in and maybe Kirk, Kevin and Jason. So one of them could possibly get killed.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Great to see Tony free and causing :eek: as only he can...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Hopefully a bullet fired from the gun strays off, goes from the factory to the prison (hey, less realistic stuff has happened in soaps), and hits Tracy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Hopefully a bullet fired from the gun strays off, goes from the factory to the prison (hey, less realistic stuff has happened in soaps), and hits Tracy. :)

Agreed. Totally despise her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement