Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

efb wrote: »
    how do you say dead foetus in a perm-tanned mancuinian accent...:confused:

Ded Bay-bay??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede has revealed that her character Kirsty Soames will turn the tables on Tyrone Dobbs by formally accusing him of domestic violence.

Kirsty makes the shocking false claim against Tyrone (Alan Halsall) next week, in the dramatic aftermath of the pair's wedding.

Whether the ceremony actually goes ahead remains a closely-guarded secret, but either way, the truth comes out and Kirsty is furious when she realises that Tyrone only ever wanted to marry her to secure parental rights over baby Ruby.

During a major row at their family home, violent Kirsty goes to hit Tyrone at the top of the stairs but loses her footing and falls.

Badly injured, Kirsty is rushed to hospital but then uses the situation to her advantage, claiming that Tyrone is an abusive partner.

Gumede told itv.com: "She is angry and desperate and she sees this as the only way she can get revenge on Tyrone and keep Ruby. She is an ex-policewoman - she knows what to do to use the system to her advantage and sound credible.

"The whole stalking situation with Fiz has put her on a good footing with the residents, and also there have been occasions where people saw Tyrone shouting at her. She fell in the back yard once.

"It is all stacking up against him and she is manipulating it to her advantage - she is a very clever woman."

Asked whether Kirsty would be prepared to see Tyrone sent to prison based on her false allegations, Gumede replied: "As this story develops, she certainly seems determined to make him suffer and once she has started telling the lies, she seems to have no desire at all to come clean and clear Tyrone's name."

I don't often say this about attractive women but I'm sick of the sight of Kirsty and im sick to the teeth of the whole story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

syklops wrote: »
    I don't often say this about attractive women but I'm sick of the sight of Kirsty and im sick to the teeth of the whole story.

Agreed. Can't believe it's going to be dragged out even further.

Agreed. Can't believe it's going to be dragged out even further.

Yes it is dragging on too long

Lewis also
    discovers Nick and Kylie's secret

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes it is dragging on too long

Lewis also
    discovers Nick and Kylie's secret

:eek: Who knows what he'll do with that piece of information!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

leahyl wrote: »
    :eek: Who knows what he'll do with that piece of information!!

I hope he does nothing with the information Nick has always been kind to him.

Can anybody tell me where is Kevin's baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Tyrone with his mobile in a tin can in the yard..he should be recruited for Mission Impossible !

Tyrone with his mobile in a tin can in the yard..he should be recruited for Mission Impossible !

And what kind of an eejit is he having the call with Fizz outside in the ginnel where next door can hear him, and he cant see the front door opening/hear Kirsty come in etc.
    Can anybody tell me where is Kevin's baby bay-bay?

We probably wont see him for a while and then suddenly this cocky little 8 year old will appear in a tired looking anorak, nicking sweets from the Kabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

David's mouth was open for the duration of the last scene.

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    David's mouth was open for the duration of the last scene.

My only memory of him was saying bay-bay like a cod fish and leaving his mouth open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Chucken wrote: »
    You know the more I think about the Tyrone/Kirsty/Fiz story, the more stupid its sounding. Fiz all doe eyed saying "it wont be long now" (to the wedding)...
    What exactly are they going to do??

Tyrone run off out of the church screaming "hahahaha...gottcha now Kirsty"?
    :confused:

He lied about his injuries at the hospital so there wont be any evidence of abuse.
    You'd swear that there was a watertight custody case coming to an end the way they're going on.

I know! I'm always ranting about that mad:. There's been something I've been wondering. If it all comes out at the wedding-she realises he's only married her for babeh Rubeh and they don't sleep together that night, can she get an annulment 'cos they have an unconsumated marriage or can that not happen once they've slept together before?

Tyrone is such a dope, why wasn't he taking photos his bruises??? It's going to be a huge battle for custody. I don't think I'll be able to endure it:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Every time I saw Kirsty in her last day of work outift all I could think about was what Carla's heating bill must be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

deelite wrote: »
    I hope he does nothing with the information Nick has always been kind to him.

Can anybody tell me where is Kevin's baby?

Where is Fiz's baby and how come she can be out and about without her and we never see her at home with her either. She has to be 2 years old by now if not older.

I had even forgotten that Kevin had a baby !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'm starting to wonder has kirsty got Ty sussed ...though she wouldn't be able to contain her temper if she did would she? she seems too happy.

when's the wedding? I don't want to miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I'm starting to wonder has kirsty got Ty sussed ...though she wouldn't be able to contain her temper if she did would she? she seems too happy.

when's the wedding? I don't want to miss it!

She doesn't have him sussed....yet

Former Coronation Street actress Sophiya Haque has died at the age of 41.
    Haque, who played Rovers Return barmaid Poppy Morales, passed away in her sleep at a London hospital earlier today.
    The Evening Standard reports that Haque had been undergoing tests after being diagnosed with cancer.
    She reportedly developed a clot on her lungs and passed away in the early hours of this morning.
    Haque's agent Stuart Piper told The Stage: "Sophiya was one of the most inspirational people I ever met. She was the kind of person you always want to spend time with - full of light, warmth, compassion, care and with an infectiously wicked sense of humour, and my co-agent Olivier Thomson and I loved every minute of working with her."
    The actress appeared as Coronation Street's Poppy between December 2008 and June 2009. Poppy was brought into The Rovers as the pub's 51st barmaid, before landing the position of assistant manager.

RIP

Former Coronation Street actress Sophiya Haque has died at the age of 41.
    Haque, who played Rovers Return barmaid Poppy Morales, passed away in her sleep at a London hospital earlier today.
    The Evening Standard reports that Haque had been undergoing tests after being diagnosed with cancer.
    She reportedly developed a clot on her lungs and passed away in the early hours of this morning.
    Haque's agent Stuart Piper told The Stage: "Sophiya was one of the most inspirational people I ever met. She was the kind of person you always want to spend time with - full of light, warmth, compassion, care and with an infectiously wicked sense of humour, and my co-agent Olivier Thomson and I loved every minute of working with her."
    The actress appeared as Coronation Street's Poppy between December 2008 and June 2009. Poppy was brought into The Rovers as the pub's 51st barmaid, before landing the position of assistant manager.

RIP

Omg that's awful, I read that she literally just found out days ago that she had cancer :( To be honest I don't remember her in Corrie.

Omg that's awful, I read that she literally just found out days ago that she had cancer :( To be honest I don't remember her in Corrie.

0585220420633415.jpg

Did she date Dev and/or Lloyd?

She is mentioned in post number 1 of this thread in the announcement they were axing her character.

41 is too young to pass away in ones sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Did she date Dev and/or Lloyd?

Liz thought she had a thing for Llyod and got jealous about it. And she was the one who told Dev's girlfriend Tara that Dev had cheated on her, leading to Tara humiliating Dev by unveiling a big naked picture of him to the street when he proposed to her.

Watching last nights episode.

Tyrone: Can you meet me at tinas flat at 11?
    Fizz: Yeah Ill text you when im leaving.

Its across the road. Its not across town.

Fed up of weeping kylie. And im only 5 mins in.

David:"Im not going anywhere and neithers my mun"

Thats what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

felt sorry for david and kylie and poor nick in all this. hope eva doesnt worm the truth out of kylie and then run off and tell david!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

syklops wrote: »

David:"Im not going anywhere and neithers my mum"

Ya, that would cheer anyone up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

iceblue wrote: »
    felt sorry for david and kylie and poor nick in all this. hope eva doesnt worm the truth out of kylie and then run off and tell david!

Yeah especially when she finds out it's Nick that's the 3rd party. She'll love telling Leanne about it. Hope when (and it will) it all comes out Leanne doesn't spend the next six episodes screeching in Nick's face:(.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah especially when she finds out it's Nick that's the 3rd party. She'll love telling Leanne about it. Hope when (and it will) it all comes out Leanne doesn't spend the next six episodes screeching in Nick's face:(.

WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!!!!!

I mean, you swung by your ex's flat to see if you had once last chance with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

So...Ty is going to run off with Fiz with 5 grand in his ar$e pocket !!:eek:

Uh oh.....there may be trouble aheeeaad....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Tyrone, you idiot :mad: Should've said "Oh look, Kirk left his phone behind when he was over earlier! I'll bring it back to him now!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Alicat wrote: »
    Tyrone, you idiot :mad: Should've said "Oh look, Kirk left his phone behind when he was over earlier! I'll bring it back to him now!"

I was thinking the same thing, or he could have said Kirsty could you bring Ruby upstairs and change her nappy or something. I would not have left the house with the phone still there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement