Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Whem is Corri going to be shown againm and when it does, are they going to continue from where they left off or will they resume from where it is planned. I know it was only right to cancel the show the first night they did, but if they cancel it for every event that happens and is reported in the National/International Media, that co-incidently is to be screen around the same time in the programme, then it will never come back as there will always be someone who will be hurt by what they see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I *think* Wednesday and Thursday's episodes will be aired on Wednesday, back-to-back.

And then the Friday, hour long, episode will be on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There was an article on Digital Spy regarding the new schedule.
    But the way it's written was a bit confusing so someone translated it into the following:

Monday, June 7
    7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Wednesday, June 2 at 9pm
    8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Thursday, June 3 at 9pm

Wednesday, June 9
    8pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Friday, June 4 at 9pm
    8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Monday, June 7 at 7.30pm
    Will air together as an hour-long edition

Thursday, June 10
    7pm - Emmerdale (1 hour) - Should have aired the same night but separately at 7pm and 8pm
    8pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Monday, June 7 at 8.30pm
    8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Is airing at its normal time. At this point, Corrie is back in sync.
    Will air together as an hour-long edition

Friday, June 11
    7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Airs as normal
    8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Airs as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am going to miss Tony Gordon and his weird eye when he
    dies
    for a villian I am wanting him to kill Carla and Maria (both annoy me) and for him to survive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am going to miss Tony Gordon and his weird eye when he
    dies
    for a villian I am wanting him to kill Carla and Maria (both annoy me) and for him to survive :(

They said 2 bodies are going to come out of the factory. So I assume one will be tony. As for who he will kill, Im hoping for Haley. She has been doing mine and Roys heads in for the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

What is going on with Norris and Mary.

A few weeks ago he accused her of kidnapping him and thought she was going to kill him. Now they are inseparable at Gails trial, rushing in together to get the best seats.

Epicurus wrote: »
    What is going on with Norris..
    He is an idiot. Thats what is wrong with him. I never liked him, but after how he treated Ramsay I would have been over the moon if Mary had rubbed him out.

Im still hoping she is going to turn into an even worse bunny boiler and do something that will get her locked up for a long time and puts me out of my misery regarding Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

syklops wrote: »
    They said 2 bodies are going to come out of the factory. So I assume one will be tony. As for who he will kill, Im hoping for Haley. She has been doing mine and Roys heads in for the past few weeks.
    Well Roy proposes to Hayley later in the week if I'm not mistaken, so she doesn't die

And Carla doesn't die, as someone above said, she's also mentioned in a future storyline.

I'll be annoyed if it's just Tony and his henchman - maybe Carla's binman boyfriend or someone? If only it could be bloody Nick Platt

And he has shot the fellow that helped him break out, so thats two.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Epicurus wrote: »
    What is going on with Norris and Mary.

A few weeks ago he accused her of kidnapping him and thought she was going to kill him. Now they are inseparable at Gails trial, rushing in together to get the best seats.

I agree. I just tuned into it last week and was thinking, why are Mary and Norris friends again? Did she not try to kidnap him

I've got a theory.. It's all going down in the factory, Norris comes along for a nosy to get some gossip. Tony see's him and bang.. dead. If only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Deise Tom wrote: »

Looks like those are the two alright..:mad:

I am watching it a day behind you so I only saw the shooting last night.

It seems the 2 deaths will be tony and Hugo from the vicar of Dibbly. Cant remember his name.

Thats a bit disappointing. I really liked my idea for it to be binman man(Cant remember his name either). I like him as a character, but I think him dying in the factory blaze while either holding the money for the world cup or the tickets, would be a great way to go. Ashley, steve and tyrone would be royally screwed then.

EDIT: Robbie and Trevor. Its still early in the morning.

It seems the 2 deaths will be tony and Hugo from the vicar of Dibbly. Cant remember his name.

I was thinking i knew him from some place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Cookie33 wrote: »
    I agree. I just tuned into it last week and was thinking, why are Mary and Norris friends again? Did she not try to kidnap him

no, it was all a big Norris misunderstanding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Former Grange Hill actress Georgia May Foote has joined Coronation Street in the role of Izzy Armstrong's younger sister.

The 19-year-old, best known for playing Alison Simmons on the now-defunct BBC school drama, has taken on the part of Kat Armstrong in the soap.

Kat will arrive on the cobbles late next month and Inside Soap reports that she will become a potential love interest for one of Weatherfield's existing residents.

Foote has appeared in one previous episode of Coronation Street in the minor part of Jess Burrows earlier this year. She has also had small roles in Emmerdale, Doctors and Heartbeat among other shows.

Her new screen sister Izzy, played by actress Cherylee Houston, joined Coronation Street at the beginning of the year, becoming the serial's first regular disabled character.

Actor Ian Puleston-Davies was later cast as Izzy's father Owen, who is to be Liz McDonald's new lover.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Actor Ian Puleston-Davies was later cast as Izzy's father Owen, who is to be Liz McDonald's new lover.

He wont be too pleased with the new orders regarding Liz and her cleavage
    Coronation Street bosses have had to slap a ban on Rovers landlady Liz McDonald's boobs, a report has claimed.
    Weatherfield insiders have revealed that her cleavage looks too "eye-popping" when shot with high-definition cameras.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/181360-corrie-bosses-ban-liz-mcdonalds-boobs/

"Viewers would have felt like her boobs were virtually in the living room with them."

I wish I had HD. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Coronation Street picked up a few awards at the Boards.ie Soap Awards - Go see who won what - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935086

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I love Tony in it, he's a delightful baddie to watch. I don't want him to die. I wanted him to go on being dastardly for a few months yet. Did you hear him saying 'it's getting crowded out there, it's like the Big Brother house':D..?

Now that's ridiculous.... Tony threw Hayley out when it was broad daylight..It's pitch bleeding dark now and the cop dawdles over and asks her what's going on inside and if Tony's armed. What a useless bunch of law enforcers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I think Carla is playing it well too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I'd totally forgotten how hot Maria was. Sorry Liz McDonald, you're back into second place.

Do you think Tony is still alive?

Do you think Tony is still alive?
    If he's not, who were the two bodies? I'd like it if he survived.
    Does anyone know if Gail gets off?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Gail gets off?

There is an almost infallible rule of television. If the cliffhanger ends on a question it will be a positive outcome. A negative outcome is far more shocking than a will they/won't they. So Gail is getting off and they decided to prolong the tension just a few minutes longer. (Or as it has turned out, another day longer.)

Almost the only time a cliffhanger turns out to be a negative outcome is if it's an end of season thing and the producers want to keep their actors unsure of their jobs.:D

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I'd totally forgotten how hot Maria was. Sorry Liz McDonald, you're back into second place.

Neither could compare to Phylis Pearce.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Neither could compare to Phylis Pearce.

Or Maud Grimes. :D

grimes_maud1.gif

Ann22 wrote: »
    If he's not, who were the two bodies? I'd like it if he survived.

Ah no it must have been him - I just thought they were leaving it open when someone said to Karla's boyfriend that the body hadn't been identified yet (or something like that)

iguana wrote: »
    Or Maud Grimes. :D

grimes_maud1.gif

Followed closely by Mavis and Annie Walker.

• Advertisement

Hayley and Carla were fantastic tonight. Superb episodes.

Kirk moving into Audreys flat though.

When did Maria get the chance to ask her could he move in. Whilst Audrey was at the court or when Maria was in the factory with Tony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement