Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Shame that Natalie Gumede lost out in the Best newcomer category, though. She was robbed there.

Who won best newcomer? I would have thought she was a shoe in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

leahyl wrote: »

Who won best newcomer? I would have thought she was a shoe in

Guy who plays Joey on eastenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

LizT wrote: »
    Corrie won best soap at the NTAs :D

Not for this storyline........i'm soo bored with it now, wish she had stabbed him or something...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

It's utterly ridiculous that half the street think that Tyrone is guilty!! How long do they know him compared to Kirsty in fairness!!

To be fair all they saw was Kirsty at the bottom of the stairs, you never know what's going on behind closed doors in houses. That they didn't believe Tyrone when he said that she fell was out of order though. It just goes to show you in real life how somebody's reputation is often destroyed by malicous gossip.

What really annoys me is the likes of Sally on her high horse, then proven wrong and suddenly they all forget about it and are best mates. The way she treated the staff during the Frank Foster era should have been enough to make her a parasite on the street for life.

Julie annoys me the way she is mates with Fizz one moment, gets offered the bridesmaids job and is suddenly her biggest enemy.
    casio4 wrote: »
    I know if a child is getting bullied by texts even if they are deleted you can go to the police or mobile phone company and get a copy of the deleted messages but I don't know if it's the same for pics on your phone maybe Tyrone could try that

Photos were never sent so no record, it's possible to get them off the phone if they've been deleted but that would be beyond Corrie.

My question is why didn't Tyrone grab the phone off her when she had it in her hand? He just stood there looking at her while she deleted the only evidence he had. Tit

.... and why is it that the police permanently arrest people on the hearsay of someone else? Happens so often in Corrie it's really annoying. In real life they'll ask you questions at the station, but showing up with a van and arresting Tyrone without asking him anything is nuts.

Actor playing Kirsty did really well last night, total mood swings from love to hate to love to hate in a matter of seconds, let's hope she stays and doesn't die some horrible soap death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

bijapos wrote: »

Actor playing Kirsty did really well last night, total mood swings from love to hate to love to hate in a matter of seconds, let's hope she stays and doesn't die some horrible soap death.

The only way they can keep Kirsty is if they get rid of Tracy. Having 2 evil b1tches on the street is too much. Besides Kirsty is better looking and a far better actress than Tracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Compared to Kirsty, Tracy is a pussycat!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

National Television Awards 2013: Corrie's Alan Halsall wins Best Serial Drama Performance

Well done Tyrone.

Also congratulations to the Vicar of St Judes Weatherfield, special award for service above and beyond the call of duty.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

yeah that's true and the minute Julie said it Kirsty got that mad look in her eyes and said Tyrone pushed her.

When she said that my husband goes "What kind of a reject is she telling her that"
    Ann22 wrote: »
    totally stupid and tactless of Julie to tell the woman (who she fully believes to be heartbroken and injured) - talk about rubbing it in!

Eileen is really bugging me too...not too long ago folk were suspecting of her abusing Lesley..how the fcuk did she feel when people didn't believe her????:mad:

Ya when Tyrone said "She fell" and Eileen with her "Sure she did" and the big condecending head on her I just wanted to hit the tv
    LizT wrote: »
    Corrie won best soap at the NTAs :D

yay!
    About time too!

Shame that Natalie Gumede lost out in the Best newcomer category, though. She was robbed there.

Totally

Boo Hiss!!!
    Oliverdog wrote: »
    National Television Awards 2013: Corrie's Alan Halsall wins Best Serial Drama Performance

So he should- he was fab

• Registered Users Posts: 86,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Teenage fans girls must have voted loads for him, he was the least deserving out of all nominees :rolleyes:
    Liam Fox (Emmerdale)
    Natalie Gumede (Coronation Street)
    Joseph Thompson (Hollyoaks)
    David Witts (EastEnders)

Ok looks wise I can understand....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

After watching last nights episode, I am disgusted how easily the whole street has turned on Tyrone. Eileen's attitude was ridiculous, even if she believed Tyrone pushed Kirsty down the stairs, nobody would make those comments out loud in that situation.

Coronation Street is set for a major overhaul as domestic abuser Kirsty Soames and conman Lewis Archer are written out.

Actress Natalie Gumede confessed this week that she knows her character Kirsty has “a shelf life”.

But the Mirror can reveal that bosses have already decided to axe her – and that Nigel Havers has filmed his final scenes as Lewis, which see him caught out tricking Gail Platt into believing he loves her.

Gail’s mum Audrey, his ex-lover, sees them kissing and he flees – but nastily leaves Gail a videotape revealing he conned her.

The shake-up comes as new Corrie boss Stuart Blackburn takes over amid fears he may cull several veteran cast members and bring in other characters.

It was on the cards that Kirsty would be exiting. I wonder about the fate of Ru-beh.

Lewis' departure sounds like something of an anti-climax. Concidering it has been building up for so long. I was expecting for him to really leave her high and dry. Nick her money, alienate her from friends and family, get her sacked from Nicks Bistro, take her to bed and make her do all kinds of funky stuff and then say "Bye Gail its been fun! By the way, a woman your age should be better in the scratcher".

I could see Kirsty killing herself and making it like murder to blame Fiz and/or Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Fiz isn't looking good in any of this I don't know whether to feel sorry for her or shake her and tell her she should have left well alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I could see Kirsty killing herself and making it like murder to blame Fiz and/or Tyrone

Eventhough I'd probably feel so sorry for Fiz or Tyrone at the time & hate Kirsty even more, this is a much better story line than any of the writers could come up with. Very good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Fiz isn't looking good in any of this I don't know whether to feel sorry for her or shake her and tell her she should have left well alone

I know Fiz is kind hearted and good natured etc but I just can't help myself being irritated by her. Her mannerisms get on my nerves, the way she does the little flickering blinky thing with her eyes when she's acting tearful and the way she talks like she's totally gummy:( makes me shudder. She could've kept her clammy hands off Tyrone 'til after the wedding ffs, just adding to the problem. And where in the name of fcuk is her child?????

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

I'm getting sick of saying 'Aw poor Tyrone' at the end of every episode of Corrie.

What mother asks for her baby to be put into care just to get back at her fella :mad: surely Julie or even Kirsty's mother could care for Ruby while Kirsty is in hospital :confused:

I think Kirsty's mother might be the only hope to help Tyrone

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know Fiz is kind hearted and good natured etc but I just can't help myself being irritated by her. Her mannerisms get on my nerves, the way she does the little flickering blinky thing with her eyes when she's acting tearful and the way she talks like she's totally gummy:( makes me shudder. She could've kept her clammy hands off Tyrone 'til after the wedding ffs, just adding to the problem. And where in the name of fcuk is her child?????

Yeah I think she comes across as a bit of a simpleton to be honest! Her mannerisms annoy me too!

Yeah I think she comes across as a bit of a simpleton to be honest! Her mannerisms annoy me too!

Yeah her and Tyrone have been written as simpletons the past few weeks.

How about instead of "here is the Bat phone for only texting fizz on", you text Fizz on your regular phone and just memorise her number and delete the sent / received text? And how about instead of photographing yourself, you actually send the pictures to Fizz so she has a copy too. And how about when you make a call on said phone you keep an eye on the hall door, or even out the window so you can see the enemy coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

syklops wrote: »
    Yeah her and Tyrone have been written as simpletons the past few weeks.

How about instead of "here is the Bat phone for only texting fizz on", you text Fizz on your regular phone and just memorise her number and delete the sent / received text? And how about instead of photographing yourself, you actually send the pictures to Fizz so she has a copy too. And how about when you make a call on said phone you keep an eye on the hall door, or even out the window so you can see the enemy coming?
    ah sure that would be no fun at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Crickey
    Gail's Shirt tonight is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Woohoooo! Theres Hope...or someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I like the little budding friendship between Fiz and Tina. There's very few strong female friendships in soaps, they seem to be written to be back-stabbing cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Ha! I said that when Julie came into the ward with the sweets that she would scoff the lot. How bloody right I was. :rolleyes: So cliched.

...And WTF is she now Kirsty's best mate for ? They never got on together, in fact I think they had some run ins in the past, in fact Julie used to be great mates with Fiz, now she won't believe a word she says. Julie's charachter sickens me sometimes. :mad:

...And am I missing something or did Eileen and Paul not discuss a few months ago that it was Kirsty beating Tyrone up, or did I get that wrong. Remember Tyrone acting all strange in the street after he'd been beaten up? Does nobody remember that? :mad:

..... And Fup you Deirdre Barlow, running to the cops, if you were half a quick to report Tracey for the sh1te she gets up to she'd be banged up for good. :mad:

Roll on 8.30 !!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

bijapos wrote: »
    Ha! I said that when Julie came into the ward with the sweets that she would scoff the lot. How bloody right I was. :rolleyes: So cliched.

...And WTF is she now Kirsty's best mate for ? They never got on together, in fact I think they had some run ins in the past, in fact Julie used to be great mates with Fiz, now she won't believe a word she says. Julie's charachter sickens me sometimes. :mad:

...And am I missing something or did Eileen and Paul not discuss a few months ago that it was Kirsty beating Tyrone up, or did I get that wrong. Remember Tyrone acting all strange in the street after he'd been beaten up? Does nobody remember that? :mad:

..... And Fup you Deirdre Barlow, running to the cops, if you were half a quick to report Tracey for the sh1te she gets up to she'd be banged up for good. :mad:

Roll on 8.30 !!! :pac::pac:

Julie is seen as a naive bimbo, and tonight's show point that out to be entirely true.

What ever happened to the police been impartial and getting to the facts.Just because someone makes an accusation about someone and a crime, does not mean its true unless the evidence points this out:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Why havent Tommy and Tina gone to the police and made statements? Surely that would be more effective than banging on Kirsty's door?

/edit
    Well it's about time!

hollypink wrote: »
    Why havent Tommy and Tina gone to the police and made statements? Surely that would be more effective than banging on Kirsty's door?

/edit
    Well it's about time!

What proof have they? Their word against Kirsty's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I wish Owen and all his whiney family would go up in a fireball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

What proof have they? Their word against Kirsty's?

Maybe they could somehow record Kirsty admitting it. She loves to brag to Fiz and Tina about how clever she is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement