Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Gail was doing a hell of a lot of blinking at David tonight, when she was leaving the house. She's so annoying.
    Anyone else find Katie's voice extremely irritating or is it just me?
    And if Eva's meant to be 25, I'm Mother Theresa.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Ann22 wrote: »
    If Eric was is genuinely only interested in Eva's companionship how the fcuk did he come to this notion after only knowing her for 5mins???.

FYP

Haven't you heard. Eric died :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FYP

Haven't you heard. Eric died :(:(

Sylvia bored him to death :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

On second thoughts,maybe she should stick it out 'til the baby's born, then have a sneaky dna test. If the baby is David's she can roll up the dna results and stick them up one of Gail's nostrils when she's asleep:mad:.

No need to wait until the baby is born. From 14-17 weeks foetal dna is present in the mother's blood. In a couple of months a blood sample from Kylie and a cheek swab from Nick would tell them who the father is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Duvetdays wrote: »
    And lastly Faye needs a good slap!

Lets just always assume thats the story in every episode:D

syklops wrote: »
    So did Eric kick the bucket?

He drowned in it ;)
    If Eric is genuinely only interested in Eva's companionship how the fcuk did he come to this notion after only knowing her for 5mins??? What in all honesty could she have to talk about that he'd be interested in? .

I guess he figured that them spending time together on holiday- coupled with many foreign men shagging and abandoning her that eventually it would be a "Oh what am i doin wrong" moment with eric = Sexi time :D

I feel she should fcuk her out with her precious laptop, bag and baggage. She has a really horrible way of talking and boy can she give dirty looks.

I cant describe how much i hate that child!
    I don't have that problem though ;)

Ya ya we get it , you get regular erections:)
    iguana wrote: »
    No need to wait until the baby is born. From 14-17 weeks foetal dna is present in the mother's blood. In a couple of months a blood sample from Kylie and a cheek swab from Nick would tell them who the father is.

Huh???????? really????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The whole Eric storyline has been completely pointless so far.

Huh???????? really????????

Yup, it's even becoming possible to tell the foetal gender from the mother's blood as if a Y chromosome is present it means the foetus must be male, though that test still needs refining. More importantly the mother's blood can also be used to detect genetic conditions in the foetus, like trisomy conditions, safely and early in pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Why doesnt Anna just tell the social services or whoever she bought fostered her from that she wants to unadopt or whatever its called, and get her money back?;)Leave the little brat to her father, when the novelty of her and her constant whining wears off, he will soon ditch her.....again.

* Returning goods due to not being of merchandising quality*:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LizT wrote: »

Its just gotten even more pointless.
    Ya ya we get it , you get regular erections

Every hour on the hour.

Im not a biology expert, but would Nick and David's similar DNA not be a problem. I know they had different dads, but I suspect their DNA might be too similar to be 100% sure.

Im not a biology expert, but would Nick and David's similar DNA not be a problem. I know they had different dads, but I suspect their DNA might be too similar to be 100% sure.

If Nick is the dad a test would most likely have him as a 99.9% match. If he is not the dad he would still match as they do share dna but it would be a lower percentage. So it's advisable to tell the testing company as that way they can do extended testing to rule out that match as indicating paternity. It would probably cost more but it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If Nick is the dad a test would most likely have him as a 99.9% match. If he is not the dad he would still match as they do share dna but it would be a lower percentage. So it's advisable to tell the testing company as that way they can do extended testing to rule out that match as indicating paternity. It would probably cost more but it is possible.

This is amazing. It would be great if they did take the storyline this route - it would be great to see such an up-to-date plot.

With regard to Gail - I would love to get a shears to her hair. It's just shocking.

As for Kirsty, if they are going to kill her off in the fire, I do hope that the truth come out about what she has done to Tyrone - as has been said on already, the way this storyline has gone would do nothing to reassure someone in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

LizT wrote: »

Unless Eva inherits all the money he had. But even then - you're right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Ahm still laughing at Chesney's half price mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Poor Eric. I was kind of hoping that him and Eva would shack up to be honest. The poor lad wouldn't have known what to do with himself if they had.

The whole Gail being thrown out of the house thing was just crazy. they don't even own the fecking house yet, do they???
    As for Katie, she's slowly gone from being a nice girl (who may I remind you wanted to be a young mother) to hardening up on poor Chesney. :( I mean, she's always been out of his league but this is just cruel hooking up with he who powders his nose.

I've a good mind to have a good talking with her and set her straight.

Terrible to see Gloria back and with any luck, Stella will cop it in that fire however we all know she won't !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

MugMugs wrote: »
    The whole Gail being thrown out of the house thing was just crazy. they don't even own the fecking house yet, do they???
    Do you not realise that in Corrie Land, people buy houses and businesses without ever contacting a solicitor, doing surveys or any of the normal things us ordinary folk do. They just agree to buy, hand over the keys and everything is sorted within 2 days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

jos28 wrote: »
    Do you not realise that in Corrie Land, people buy houses and businesses without ever contacting a solicitor, doing surveys or any of the normal things us ordinary folk do. They just agree to buy, hand over the keys and everything is sorted within 2 days :rolleyes:

You'll be saying that it's not real next!

Eva is painfully overacting the night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I see Sophies Christianity has left her :D

Tyrone has gotten a great tan in prison. Broken Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm not liking this stupid Ryan and Katy story. It's such a turn of character for both herself and Chesney

• Advertisement

She's too boring for DJ Kebab n'Koke anyway.

Sick of this tortoise story now.
    And another thing, how old is Jenna supposed to be? And Sophie?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

That Gloria is an awful woman. The old guy barely cold and she ringing up the solicitor to see about his will :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

La_Gordy wrote: »
    She's too boring for DJ Kebab n'Koke anyway.

:D

He looks like a dirty old pervert with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

That Gloria is an awful woman. The old guy barely cold and she ringing up the solicitor to see about his will :mad:

She will probably end up not being mentioned in it and having to pay for a very lavish funeral. With it being soapland she will probably find this out just before his funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Chucken wrote: »
    I see Sophies Christianity has left her :D

I said that earlier to the hubbie, like wtf?? She's usually such a Christian, I suppose it'd take a saint to welcome Gail into their home. While we're on the subject, it really bugs me the way they all pronounce 'christian'... they say 'Chris-tee-ann' ..p*sses me off that does:mad:. I also HATE the way they all pronounce 'Joseph' as 'Joh-zef'.

Oh and another thing I meant to say, how come Audrey is acknowledging Gail and going on as if nothing has happened between them. It's as if the Lewis thing never happened. Fcuk sake:mad:.

Katie is really pretty but she has a really dopey face...her and Chesney were such a far fetched couple in the first place. She needed a kick up the árse for whinging for a bab-eh....and Chesney was more of a tit to go along with it. It was only a matter of time before money worries took hold and some cool dude came along and swept her off her gormless little feet. Ryan looks like a child molester with her.What's it with him and his 'awkward age to pair up with anyone' appearance???

I said that earlier to the hubbie, like wtf?? She's usually such a Christian, I suppose it'd take a saint to welcome Gail into their home. While we're on the subject, it really bugs me the way they all pronounce 'christian'... they say 'Chris-tee-ann' ..p*sses me off that does:mad:. I also HATE the way they all pronounce 'Joseph' as 'Joh-zef'.

Oh and another thing I meant to say, how come Audrey is acknowledging Gail and going on as if nothing has happened between them. It's as if the Lewis thing never happened. Fcuk sake:mad:.

Katie is really pretty but she has a really dopey face...her and Chesney were such a far fetched couple in the first place. She needed a kick up the árse for whinging for a bab-eh....and Chesney was more of a tit to go along with it. It was only a matter of time before money worries took hold and some cool dude came along and swept her off her gormless little feet. Ryan looks like a child molester with her.What's it with him and his 'awkward age to pair up with anyone' appearance???

Oh yes people pronouncing it "Jozef" has always bugged me.
    I notice it with people saying "Kreg" instead of Craig too.

Agreed Katie is pretty but she does have a dopey face; think it's her eyebrows that make her look that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Chesney will propose to Katy Armstrong then dump her over her fling with Ryan Connor!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

wonder what Owen will make of his precious daughter now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Iguana - you're a Moderator and a half!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement