Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,399 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cookie33 wrote: »
    :eek: never expected that to happen.. i hope your wrong

I hope its wrong also I cant see how David could stay around after that and I want him to get back with Tina they were a great couple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

The actor has pissed the producers off with his recent bad publicity so it sounds like they're going to bin him?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it was meant to be on tonight, does anyone know why it's not on? I know the matches are on but they work around them to show it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »
    it was meant to be on tonight, does anyone know why it's not on? I know the matches are on but they work around them to show it

I don't think it was meant to be on tonight. It is on at 7.30pm on Wednesday and Thursday though.

iguana wrote: »
    I don't think it was meant to be on tonight. It is on at 7.30pm on Wednesday and Thursday though.
    my tv guide said it was to be on twice tonight :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cassie_xo

Tina asks Jason for the key to the flat so she can collect her belongings but he stubbornly refuses.

Hurt and spurred on by David's spiteful comments, Jason proceeds to throw her clothes onto the Street. Seeing what's happening, a distraught Tina begs him to stop humiliating her in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The actor has pissed the producers off with his recent bad publicity so it sounds like they're going to bin him?

What bad publicity?

Also, with this Tina rape story line, does that mean we have to put up with a moping, distraught Tina even longer? :(

i hope not :( shes so bad at pretending to cry and shes such a moan :p

syklops wrote: »
    What bad publicity?

Also, with this Tina rape story line, does that mean we have to put up with a moping, distraught Tina even longer? :(

He got another girl pregnant from a one night stand and she sold the story

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He got another girl pregnant? So he was doing the dirt on Tina with a real girl? What a bast&rd!

• Advertisement

in real life or in corrie?

The actor who plays David Platt :rolleyes:

is the actor that plays david platt goin out with the actress that plays tina .. in real life? :confused:

Coronation Street actor Jack P Shepherd this afternoon issued a public apology over allegations in today's tabloids that he had cheated on his girlfriend.

The 22-year-old, who plays tearaway David Platt in the Manchester serial, reportedly had a one-night stand with promotions girl Sammy Milewski which resulted in her falling pregnant.

Since the revelation, Shepherd's long-term partner Lauren Shippey - and mother to his one-year-old daughter Nyla - allegedly asked him to pack his bags, before demanding that he leave their home.

This afternoon, Shepherd issued the following statement: "Today, there were some articles printed about errors I have made in my private life. Over the years, I have enjoyed a successful career with Coronation Street and with this I have experienced privileges that have exceeded my own expectations.

"The core ingredients to my success have come from the following areas; my family, ITV Granada, and specifically my girlfriend Lauren and daughter Nyla. I would like to apologise to my family, for all the hurt and pain I have caused them, to ITV Granada for letting them down, and especially to Lauren and Nyla, who are the most important people in my life."

He added: "I now need to concentrate on what is really important - my family and my career - as I have abused my position as an employee, partner and father, and for that I am deeply sorry."

Coronation Street love cheat Molly Dobbs is to be killed off at Christmas in a dramatic storyline, a report has claimed.

The shop worker, played by actress Vicky Binns, will meet her maker in the climax to her long-running love triangle plot involving husband Tyrone (Alan Halsall) and mechanic Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell), The Sun claims.

Molly is currently pregnant and sources suggest that Kevin and wife Sally (Sally Dynevor) will end up taking in the child following her death.

Binns announced last month that she is to leave Coronation Street after five years with the soap. Speaking at the time, she promised that her current storyline would have "the explosive ending viewers are waiting for".

Meanwhile, Corrie's new series producer Phil Collinson recently praised the slow-burning nature of Molly and Kevin's storyline and vowed to keep "tantalising" the audience with more twists to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

cassie_xo wrote: »
    in real life or in corrie?

What's the difference ? :D

And I notice that he didn't apologise to the girl who is possibly carrying a David Platt lookalike. Nothing to really look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

All that rubbish tonight about the best barmaid; Betty is the only one worthy of representing the Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Epicurus wrote: »
    All that rubbish tonight about the best barmaid; Betty is the only one worthy of representing the Rovers.

it aint a reputation contest it is a whos hottest contest, dno bout you but id rather see kym marsh or becky in a swimsuit over the 2 aulwans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

mrDerek wrote: »
    it aint a reputation contest it is a whos hottest contest, dno bout you but id rather see kym marsh or becky in a swimsuit over the 2 aulwans

Liz might not look too bad in one.

• Advertisement

Fiz
    is pregnant

Ah jaysus. One thing worse than a teary, weepy Fizz, would have to be a teary, weepy fizz with mood swings and cravings. And she will be teary and weepy when John gets caught, which he will because he is a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

syklops wrote: »
    Ah jaysus. One thing worse than a teary, weepy Fizz, would have to be a teary, weepy fizz with mood swings and cravings. And she will be teary and weepy when John gets caught, which he will because he is a plonker.

I agree
    Fiz's character is just so boring and John adds nothing to it.. Chesney's the only one i like from the family..

Was the delivery man last night played by James Whale, the ex talksport radio presenter. I thought he looked a bit like him. I thought they might say who played him in the credits byt they didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Coronation Street's Roy Cropper gets steamy wedding day surprise
    The Coronation Street wedding of the Croppers is going to be a steamy affair thanks to a surprise for the groom.
    Roy (played by David Neilson) is blindfolded on the way to the ceremony - only to find he can drive himself by steam train with Chesney Battersby-Brown (Sam Aston).

A source said: "Roy can't believe his luck. It's a dream come true for him." Meanwhile Bride Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) and bridesmaids Becky and Fizz end up heading to church on a pump wagon.
    A source said: "It's going to be the funniest Corrie wedding ever

The Coronation Street wedding of the Croppers is going to be a steamy affair thanks to a surprise for the groom.
    Roy (played by David Neilson) is blindfolded on the way to the ceremony - only to find he can drive himself by steam train with Chesney Battersby-Brown (Sam Aston).

A source said: "Roy can't believe his luck. It's a dream come true for him." Meanwhile Bride Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) and bridesmaids Becky and Fizz end up heading to church on a pump wagon.

I thought you were going to say that Deirdre was going to come onto him and they would start a mad pasionate affair.

Deirdre and passionate in the same sentence don't go :P

Now that will be classic corrie! Can't wait for that

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/pictures/picturespecials/bestbarmaid/#6

Racquel has to be the best looking but most dizzy of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I love Graham!!

• Advertisement

Bill Roache (Ken Barlow) will play a central role in a Coronation Street homophobia plot which will air later this year, reports claim.

According to The People, the serial will screen controversial scenes with Roache's long-lost son Lawrence - who has anti-gay views - to tie in with its 50th anniversary.

A source said: "Lawrence hates gays and Ken is disgusted by his attitude. These scenes are explosive, raw and hard-hitting. Viewers, whether they like the language or not, will be gripped.

"The storyline airs in September, the month Corrie takes over as the world's current longest-running TV serial drama, and at the heart of the plot is Ken, the [show]'s only original character, and a dark family secret."

Another insider claimed: "Lawrence is a complete bigot and the language he uses will leave some viewers furious.

"The scenes will pull no punches in expressing some people's hatred towards gay people and what they stand for. We are expecting viewers to have strong feelings about the dialogue and to air their objections vehemently."

Lawrence, who arrives on the soap later in the summer, will be played by Roache's real-life son Linus.

I don't know if i''m looking forward to this as it'll prob drag out like any other storyline.. Still here's hoping it'll play out good.

Although the only gays i can think of in Corrie is Sean and part-timer Ted..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement