Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And Sophie and Transexual Haley

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm looking forward to Roy and Hayleys wedding:)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

efb wrote: »

Whatever happened with the whole Sophie and Sian thing?

I never tuned in then

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Whatever happened with the whole Sophie and Sian thing?

I never tuned in then

They are in love but Sian lives in Southport so it's long distance. I think she'll be permanently back on the street in a week or two when the GCSEs end and she comes to stay with her dad for the summer. Sally is back in the next week or two so I think they have been waiting for her return to continue the story and have them come out/be outed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

efb wrote: »

Tod but he has left.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    They are in love but Sian lives in Southport so it's long distance. I think she'll be permanently back on the street in a week or two when the GCSEs end and she comes to stay with her dad for the summer. Sally is back in the next week or two so I think they have been waiting for her return to continue the story and have them come out/be outed.

I can imagine Sally's view on things.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I can imagine Sally's view on things.

She might enjoy having a trendy lesbian for a daughter. She can start reading the Guardian and everything, it will make her properly middleclass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Although the only gays i can think of in Corrie is Sean and part-timer Ted..

I wish Sean appeared as often as Ted does :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I read that Sean or rather the fella that plays him has signed a new contract so he's in it for at least another year

casio4 wrote: »
    I read that Sean or rather the fella that plays him has signed a new contract so he's in it for at least another year

I'm surprised because he hasn't been in any major storylines for the past year. I loved Sean at the start but now he's boring and gets on my nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,398 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Chesney Battersby-Brown will find love in an upcoming storyline, reports claim.

Sam Aston, who plays the mild-mannered teenager, is keen to experiment with his character more, says the Daily Star.

Chesney will hook up with newcomer Kat Armstrong (Georgia May Foote) in a storyline which will involve the 17-year-old losing his virginity.

An insider claimed: "We have all seen Chesney grow up so it’s going to be a huge milestone for him and the viewers. We all remember that sweet little kid who first arrived in the Street with his mum Cilla.

"But that was seven years ago and he’s about to become a man. The storyline will be handled responsibly and the two characters will discuss what contraceptives to use."

The source continued: "Kat arrives in the Street later this month to visit her sister Izzy and is instantly attracted to Chesney.

"She loves the fact that he flogs stuff down the market and he can't believe his luck when she asks him out. She's absolutely gorgeous and he really couldn’t have asked for a sexier first girlfriend."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Trevor's haircut is shocking on him :eek:

Trevors hot without the beard.

Had to laugh at Sean asking Fiz if he's a bad person for the identity theft. They should compare notes.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's Chesney Battersby-Brown will find love in an upcoming storyline, reports claim.

Sam Aston, who plays the mild-mannered teenager, is keen to experiment with his character more, says the Daily Star.

Chesney will hook up with newcomer Kat Armstrong (Georgia May Foote) in a storyline which will involve the 17-year-old losing his virginity.

An insider claimed: "We have all seen Chesney grow up so it’s going to be a huge milestone for him and the viewers. We all remember that sweet little kid who first arrived in the Street with his mum Cilla.

"But that was seven years ago and he’s about to become a man. The storyline will be handled responsibly and the two characters will discuss what contraceptives to use."

The source continued: "Kat arrives in the Street later this month to visit her sister Izzy and is instantly attracted to Chesney.

"She loves the fact that he flogs stuff down the market and he can't believe his luck when she asks him out. She's absolutely gorgeous and he really couldn’t have asked for a sexier first girlfriend."

I read this as well.. should be very interesting.
    I love wee Ches and hope they bring him in more.. nothing really came of anything with the market stuff.. He could be the new del boy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Epicurus wrote: »
    Trevors hot without the beard.

I KNEW there was something different about him! I couldn't put my finger on it. :o
    He looks good :)
    Had to laugh at Sean asking Fiz if he's a bad person for the identity theft. They should compare notes.

I don't know who annoys me more; Sean or Fiz.
    I think Sean just edges it. Why doesn't he just grow some balls and e-mail Violet with his own name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

hope you don't mind me butting in here lads but the sight of Deirdre gurning suggestively at Lewis/Louis in the alleyway where she was having her post stuffed marrow fag nearly had me choking on my own dinner this evening...was it meant to be that funny?

Why doesn't he just grow some balls and e-mail Violet with his own name?

He did about 6 weeks ago and she ignored it.
    fifilarue wrote: »
    hope you don't mind me butting in here lads but the sight of Deirdre gurning suggestively at Lewis/Louis in the alleyway where she was having her post stuffed marrow fag nearly had me choking on my own dinner this evening...was it meant to be that funny?

Yup, Corrie has always revelled in comedy. It's the best thing about the show. Sometimes it's just subtle hilarious moments like Mary's gin and apple juice, other times it's the snarky comments at the big events and sometimes it's out and out played for laughs like the stuffed marrows.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you watch the clip where the Barlows go to an AA meeting with Peter. Obviously it works an awful lot better if you know the backgrounds, but it's fantastic comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Am I the only one who finds the whole Graeme/Tina love-story completely boring? I used to like Graeme's character and he does still have some funny one-liners now and then but Corrie are in danger of doing a Sean and turning him into such a caricature that he'll just start getting on people's nerves soon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MelanieC wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds the whole Graeme/Tina love-story completely boring? I used to like Graeme's character and he does still have some funny one-liners now and then but Corrie are in danger of doing a Sean and turning him into such a caricature that he'll just start getting on people's nerves soon. :rolleyes:

Ah Jaysus.

Those are the words I utter everytime graham and Tina are on screen together. It's not just boring, at times it is cringe worthy. And for 2 attractive 20 somethings they spend an inordinate amount of time with people over 70(Rita, Emily, Norris, Mary etc.)
    Bill Roache (Ken Barlow) will play a central role in a Coronation Street homophobia plot which will air later this year, reports claim.

According to The People, the serial will screen controversial scenes with Roache's long-lost son Lawrence - who has anti-gay views - to tie in with its 50th anniversary.

A source said: "Lawrence hates gays and Ken is disgusted by his attitude. These scenes are explosive, raw and hard-hitting. Viewers, whether they like the language or not, will be gripped.

"The storyline airs in September, the month Corrie takes over as the world's current longest-running TV serial drama, and at the heart of the plot is Ken, the [show]'s only original character, and a dark family secret."

Another insider claimed: "Lawrence is a complete bigot and the language he uses will leave some viewers furious.

"The scenes will pull no punches in expressing some people's hatred towards gay people and what they stand for. We are expecting viewers to have strong feelings about the dialogue and to air their objections vehemently."

Lawrence, who arrives on the soap later in the summer, will be played by Roache's real-life son Linus.

They seem to have lots of big ideas for the 50th anniversary, but none of them so far interest me. Is it just me, or has corrie nose dived in quality in recent times? It seems alot of story lines aren't getting finished, they are just left trailing off.

Like Mary kidnapping Norris, he called the police and no-one believed him and then, that was it. Their best of friends again now.

And Sophie and Sian, did they just stop communicating or something, because it was like they kissed, then they talked for about 4 hours and then nothing.

And then there was Hayley's so called 'affair', which turned out to be nothing.

And whats the deal with Kevin and Molly? There's been neither sight nor sound of either of them in ages.

I know the world cup hasn't helped things, with the scheduling being all over the place, and losing a week because of the shooting didn't help much either, but it just seems like the general quality of episodes is getting very poor, and the overall quality of story lines even poorer.

Obviously richard hillman cant be driving people into the canal every night, but it just seems that there have been few shocking revelations in the last while. The tony breaking out of prison thing made no sense. Why, after turning yourself into police, would you then break out and try to kill your former wife? Why, the day after you have been released, would help your murdering psycho cell-mate to escape?

I know they are saving storylines up for the anniversary, but so far nothing is looks like it going to be really good.

Shame they cant do what emmerdale did a good few years ago, when they had accumulated a few annoying charachters and it was beginning to stagnate, and they crashed a plane into the village and killed off the annoying/uninteresting ones. That was great television.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I read somewhere that the writers were trying to make Graeme into a male version of Raquel (spelling probably wrong) -

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    And for 2 attractive 20 somethings they spend an inordinate amount of time with people over 70(Rita, Emily, Norris, Mary etc.)

Mary is a long way from 70. According to the ITV Website, Mary was born in 1974, making her 35/36.

Mary is a long way from 70. According to the ITV Website, Mary was born in 1974, making her 35/36.

but she acts like an oap

Yes I do aswell they are very boring (although not as boring as John and Fiz but close) and no chemistry what so ever Tina was best with David imo

I dont see why Tina is staying around her dad is dead and she has no family or friends on the street

Yes I do aswell they are very boring (although not as boring as John and Fiz but close) and no chemistry what so ever Tina was best with David imo

I dont see why Tina is staying around her dad is dead and she has no family or friends on the street

Maybe she is staying for her career.. oh wait.

Regardless of her age she is still an old fogey.

Shame they cant do what emmerdale did a good few years ago, when they had accumulated a few annoying charachters and it was beginning to stagnate, and they crashed a plane into the village and killed off the annoying/uninteresting ones. That was great television.

:D
    Disaster will strike the cobbles of Coronation Street as the soap celebrates its 50th anniversary - with many of its famous residents killed and injured in a sensational accident.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/tv_and_showbiz/s/1291380_coronation_street_set_for_anniversary_tram_disaster

Wow. Thats creepy.

I think I am going to give up my job as.. well what ever it is Im supposed to be doing when I am posting on boards, and get a job as a Corrie script writer. I think I have what it takes.

Just read the article. It sounds great. Who gets killed off though? Im sure Molly will be one of them. Hopefully Mary and Norris because I hate both of them. I want the train to careen straight into the Kabin and squash the two of them until their flatter than a pair of grapes that have been stood on by a abnormally large bird.

Coronation Street will stage its biggest stunt ever to celebrate the show's 50th birthday.

Much-loved characters will be killed off as the street's viaduct collapses, sending a tram crashing on to the cobbles.

The ITV soap's official website confirmed that a special week of episodes will be shown leading up to the anniversary on December 9.

Producers are desperate to keep details under wraps and have issued alternative scripts.

"Not even our cast and crew know which residents will die and the drama will continue into 2011 as the people of Weatherfield come to terms with the tragedy and the dramatic twists and turns that follow," the site confirmed.

Corrie producer Phil Collinson said: "As we celebrate the show reaching such an incredible milestone it feels fitting that we will be screening an event of this magnitude which will affect the lives of all the residents of Coronation Street.

"We’ll be using all the wonders of modern television production to bring you a disaster that will rock the lives of everyone in Weatherfield. At the heart of the drama, though, will be ordinary people on an ordinary street battling adversity - the template for the programme created by Tony Warren 50 years ago."

In a webchat, Collinson refused to confirm the fate of any of the Street's residents.

"I'm not going to answer that as everybody's future in uncertain!" he replied to a viewer question.

"We're in the very early stages of planning, but we'll be using all the wonders of modern technology to bring you something spectacular."

It was previously reported that the exits of Bill Tarmey and Vicky Binns could tie in with the 50th birthday episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

get a job as a Corrie script writer. I think I have what it takes.

until their flatter than a pair of grapes that have been stood on by a abnormally large bird.

corrie will end up like dream team or some zany series :P

"Not even our cast and crew know which residents will die and the drama will continue into 2011 as the people of Weatherfield come to terms with the tragedy and the dramatic twists and turns that follow," the site confirmed.

I would be for saying that the ones with contracts well into 2011 or later will know that they are ok, unless ITV plan on breaking the contracts.

• Advertisement

Wow. Thats creepy.

I think I am going to give up my job as.. well what ever it is Im supposed to be doing when I am posting on boards, and get a job as a Corrie script writer. I think I have what it takes.

Just read the article. It sounds great. Who gets killed off though? Im sure Molly will be one of them. Hopefully Mary and Norris because I hate both of them. I want the train to careen straight into the Kabin and squash the two of them until their flatter than a pair of grapes that have been stood on by a abnormally large bird.

I think your right about Molly because someone mentioned Molly been killed off at christmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement