Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Loads more Faye screen time coming up. Yis have been warned.

I:rolleyes: really hate that child

Chucken wrote: »
    Did Gloria just say Dev named the children after the competition?

:pac: Have they been reading this thread?

I'd hardly say Aldi and Asda are competition to a corner shop:)

Chucken wrote: »
    Asda ;)

:pac:

Surley Dev would have found it wierd to leave the kids where Karl lives?
    ..and Karl saying to Asha that he and her mum were great mates (The two faced so and so)...its not that long since he was living in their home!

Thanks,Must make a note of them two names :P, *makes a note in my head, asda and aldi, asda and aldi, asda and aldi *

Stella did offer to take the kids, so he probably didnt think he would be there? or forgot given his grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

LizT wrote: »
    Simon was being gobby but Karl is not his dad, no need to scream at him like that, it was totally OTT.

Karl told Simon to shut up for the xth time, which is fair enough seeing that Karl has been left in charge of them. He has to show some form of discipline when he's in charge of kids.

Leanne didn't even bother to find out what was wrong just a "Don't talk to MY son like that." Bad parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I expect Dev and Karl to be drinking buddie again so :rolleyes: Dev will probably walk Stella down the aisle for her wedding to Karl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Asda and Aldi! They DO read this thread! Hello, Corrie writers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hi Corrie writers! *waves*

I love the show, but think that the issue of a child getting tragically decapitated by an errant gas cylinder falling from a run-away hot air balloon needs to be tackled to raise awareness of terrible events like this which happen every day throughout the country.

Oh, and I think that child should be Faye.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Hope the Faye story line is over soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Gary and faye in one family...eek

It's not as if the rest of them are exactly endearing. Hate the sight of the lot of 'em at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ollaetta wrote: »
    It's not as if the rest of them are exactly endearing. Hate the sight of the lot of 'em at this stage.

Aside from Anna. We like the site of Anna. Right fellow males of the Corrie thread?

Hello?

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

• Advertisement

Our Anna does scrub up well now, in fairness! :)

th_09646_DebbieRushTheInsideSoapAwards92720103_122_583lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

jimmyw wrote: »
    In fairness, yes he was and thats not like Simons character at all.Even though I hate Karl (among others:p) at the moment.Leanne was not there, so she didnt hear what Simon said, so she shouldn't have just leapt to his defence so quick.I do like Simon normally.

In poor Simon's defence he has nearly died in two fires already. His dad nearly died in the same two, his new 'granny' just nearly died in one, as did his sort of newest stepmother (though he would have been spared a lot of upset if she had).That's a lot for a little kid, he's probably traumatised every time Peter strikes a match. If he ever finds out Leanne is an arsonist mastermind he'll have to go back on the drink.

The second fire which he was rescued from by Jason, which I want to scream at the tv every time the Prices admonish him for not being a hero like Carl.

iguana wrote: »
    The second fire which he was rescued from by Jason, which I want to scream at the tv every time the Prices admonish him for not being a hero like Carl.
    Short memories, these Corrie folk. :pac:

Like Julie 'can't believe I was fooled by Kirsty- I won't jump to conclusions again' Carp the other night- "well, Sunita did burn down the pub..." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

What about Dev's other daughter, Amber?? Is she going to come back to comfort her grieving father or look after her young siblings?! I don't think she's even been mentioned, has she?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

wha wrote: »
    What about Dev's other daughter, Amber?? Is she going to come back to comfort her grieving father or look after her young siblings?! I don't think she's even been mentioned, has she?

yeah and his cousin over in emmerdale!

Jocelynel wrote: »
    yeah and his cousin over in emmerdale!

Emmerdale is a bit like the place that soap stars go to die isnt it? I tend to dip in and out of Emmerdale. There's a new lot with Newcastle accents, are they all ex-brookside?

Molly Dobbs was the only one I remember that started in Emmerdale and moved on to Corrie, usually its the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

syklops wrote: »
    Emmerdale is a bit like the place that soap stars go to die isnt it? I tend to dip in and out of Emmerdale. There's a new lot with Newcastle accents, are they all ex-brookside?

Molly Dobbs was the only one I remember that started in Emmerdale and moved on to Corrie, usually its the other way around.

Brookside was set in Liverpool. Yeah, there are quite a few geordies in Emmerdale alright. I actually think Emmerdale is better in terms of quality of writing, acting and storyline but it isn't as funny as Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

wha wrote: »

And his other secret 8/9 daughters and granddaughter who lived in his cornershop empire. Then again they nor their babymamas minded when Dev sold their homes and livelihoods out from under them after the tram crash. Anyone would think the scriptwriters wanted us to forget that f-ing ridiculous storyline, just like the Ryan babyswap one and Tracy being a cold blooded murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

have any of our corrie favourites made it over the years in hollywood?? some of the good ones left with the hopes of bigger and better things, but i've never heard what became of them. in fairness, karen and beckie mcdonnell are doing well

tommy duckworth got promoted from hollyoaks to corrie.

optogirl wrote: »
    Brookside was set in Liverpool. Yeah, there are quite a few geordies in Emmerdale alright. I actually think Emmerdale is better in terms of quality of writing, acting and storyline but it isn't as funny as Corrie.

I never watched Brookside. Why did I think it was in Newcastle?

I disagree. Emmerdale lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I never watched Brookside. Why did I think it was in Newcastle?

I disagree. Emmerdale lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

I know what you mean - Corrie is my favourite but I do think Emmerdale is much more believable and the actors are better. Anyway, who am I kidding, I watch both! Have stopped watching Eastenders though. What a pile of shi*!

Corrie is going way ott with too much damn Stella scenes :mad:

So Dev won't allow Roy and Hayley who have been friends with Sunita and him for years attend the funeral but it is fine for Stella (who hated Sunita and told Dev not to take her back) and Karl (who had an affair with Sunita) attend :rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Corrie is going way ott with too much damn Stella scenes :mad:

So Dev won't allow Roy and Hayley who have been friends with Sunita and him for years attend the funeral but it is fine for Stella (who hated Sunita and told Dev not to take her back) and Karl (who had an affair with Sunita) attend :rolleyes::confused:

Yeah too right! Why in all honesty should Karl of all people be going ffs? After him and Sunita having the fling and him sprawling on Dev's sofa for ages drinking beer and groping her árse as she walked past. Pure stupid:mad: and Stella's all over Dev the whole time as if they're best mates...no they're not. She's only the local landlady for jaysus sake.

Ex Brookies seems to end up in Hollyoaks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Loads more Faye screen time coming up. Yis have been warned.

oh noooooooooooooooooo
    In fairness to Karl, Simon was being a gobby little shoite.

That child grigs me- I honestly had a glass of cider in my hand watching it and I nearly ****ed it at the tv in temper- little bastard, excuse my French.
    ...on the 45. Brimful of Asha on the 45.

the scene when she was in the shed talking to carl I was thinking of the scene from east is east:D
    Red Kev wrote: »

Leanne didn't even bother to find out what was wrong just a "Don't talk to MY son like that." Bad parenting.
    Oh her precious little simon can do no wrong:mad::mad::mad:
    Posy wrote: »

I love the show, but think that the issue of a child getting tragically decapitated by an errant gas cylinder falling from a run-away hot air balloon needs to be tackled to raise awareness of terrible events like this which happen every day throughout the country.

Oh, and I think that child should be Faye.

bahahahahaahahahahaha agreed;)
    optogirl wrote: »
    Have stopped watching Eastenders though. What a pile of shi*!

Stop watching it last month it was depressing the head off of me

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Dev should beat the crap out of Karl. Karl and Stella are back together like nothing ever happened. Stella tells Dev not to get back with Sunita, but she gets back with Karl. Stella needs to take her advice yo Dev and apply it to her own situation.
    The man your wife recently had an affair with attends her funeral and babysits your kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Jikashi wrote: »
    Asda and Aldi! They DO read this thread! Hello, Corrie writers!
    I was thinking the very same thing the big copy cats !

and Stella's all over Dev the whole time as if they're best mates...no they're not. She's only the local landlady for jaysus sake.

I've seen pub landlady's who were into every ones business. Maybe a trait of being a successful landlady? Best friends with everyone, knew all their affairs(both kinds), and one minute is all kind and caring, and the next she is onto the next poor individual.

Why won't Dev allow Roy and Hayley to the funeral? I missed Wednesdays episode.

I've seen pub landlady's who were into every ones business. Maybe a trait of being a successful landlady? Best friends with everyone, knew all their affairs(both kinds), and one minute is all kind and caring, and the next she is onto the next poor individual.

Why won't Dev allow Roy and Hayley to the funeral? I missed Wednesdays episode.

Dev said the funeral would be a small affair only family and friends I think but then allows Karl and Stella to go :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Jocelynel wrote: »
    have any of our corrie favourites made it over the years in hollywood?? some of the good ones left with the hopes of bigger and better things, but i've never heard what became of them. in fairness, karen and beckie mcdonnell are doing well

tommy duckworth got promoted from hollyoaks to corrie.

You can go way back to Ben Kingsley in the late 60s for later Hollywood success. Joanna Lumley had a bit of Ken Barlow for a while as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement