Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

i heard today that the reason natasha kills herself is she gets pregnant nick tells her to abort baby she does but he changes his mind so natasha pretends she is still preg by using fizz's scan pictures nick finds out so she kills herself

anyone else here this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »
    Who gets killed off though?

Hopefully

Peter
    Bill
    Kevin
    Michelle
    Becky
    Molly
    Claire
    Janice
    Fiz
    John
    Kirk
    Chesney
    Sean

Probably wont be so lucky though.

I'd say Molly will be one as well. Would be nice if they killed off one of the older characters like Audrey and Rita as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Epicurus wrote: »
    Hopefully

Peter
    Bill
    Kevin
    Michelle
    Becky
    Molly
    Claire
    Janice
    Fiz
    John
    Kirk
    Chesney
    Sean

Probably wont be so lucky though.

I'd say Molly will be one as well. Would be nice if they killed off one of the older characters like Audrey and Rita as well.

Flippin hell, thats half the street!

Not michelle. I know people find her annoying but she is so hot! And I like Chesney too. He is the only one of that family/extended family with any cop on. Janice used to be great. She used to have great lines and put downs but they have mellowed her charachter quite a lot in recent years. Her pining over Trevor is not the Janice from years ago. I made a similar point earlier in the thread, in recent times many of the charachters have become alot more blander. I blame that new producer. I honestly think she is trying to destroy the program.

+1 for Fiz(annoying), Becky(Really annoying), Bill(bland), Claire(bland), sean(annoying) and John (muppet).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Who gets killed?

We know Molly and Jack are going so thats two for starters, we were told that Ashley and Claire are not going to have their contracts renewed thats another two, and if they are going i am sure Josh and Claire and Ashleys son (I cant think of his name) will be going as well. And they all have one thing in common, they all have reason to be at the end of the street where the viaduct is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Deise Tom wrote: »
    We know Molly and Jack are going so thats two for starters, we were told that Ashley and Claire are not going to have their contracts renewed thats another two, and if they are going i am sure Josh and Claire and Ashleys son (I cant think of his name) will be going as well. And they all have one thing in common, they all have reason to be at the end of the street where the viaduct is.

The Peacocks are going to leave "under a cloud" following child abuse allegations made by Sunita & Dev (one of their kids get a bruise and blame Claire)

Also I hope Corrie have a back up plan in case there is a real-life tragedy

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    The Peacocks are going to leave "under a cloud" following child abuse allegations made by Sunita & Dev (one of their kids get a bruise and blame Claire)

Also I hope Corrie have a back up plan in case there is a real-life tragedy

That sounds a bit ridiculous. Wont be sorry to see claire go though.

Interesting theory that Jack will go in the tragedy. Tyrone will be devastated. Molly, baby, and Jack all gone. I hope he goes too because him blubbing on screen is hard to watch.

Interesting theory that Jack will go in the tragedy. Tyrone will be devastated. Molly, baby, and Jack all gone. I hope he goes too because him blubbing on screen is hard to watch.

No reason why the baby would be gone. We could have Tyrone struggling to cope with the child. Jackie could come back and give him a hand ;)

Or else Kevin could decide he wants the child in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I don't know did I dream this but I think Kevin and Sally take the baby when Molly dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yeah, Kevin and Sally take the baby. Whether that means Sally finds out about the affair, I don't know.

But poor Tyrone :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I made a similar point earlier in the thread, in recent times many of the charachters have become alot more blander. I blame that new producer. I honestly think she is trying to destroy the program.

The new producer only just started. Kim Crowther's last week was the siege week after a couple of years on the show. She has been responsible for some of the worst Corrie ever. She had the reigns for the worst, most ridiculous kidnapping in history, the most disgusting affair, the weirdest, most out of character, and out and out stupid decisions by just about everyone on the show. But now she's gone.

The new EP is Phill Collinson, formerly a Doctor Who producer. He has clearly decided to clear out a lot of the dead wood on the show and try to shape it up a bit. He's also said that he's not a huge fan of shows being completely spoilered and that they will be giving out lots and lots of false spoilers over the next few months. He's hinted that a lot of the Natasha and David stories in the papers may actually have been the beginning of the false rumours.

• Advertisement

I don't know did I dream this but I think Kevin and Sally take the baby when Molly dies.

Read that as well

iguana wrote: »
    The new producer only just started. Kim Crowther's last week was the siege week after a couple of years on the show. She has been responsible for some of the worst Corrie ever. She had the reigns for the worst, most ridiculous kidnapping in history, the most disgusting affair, the weirdest, most out of character, and out and out stupid decisions by just about everyone on the show. But now she's gone.

The new EP is Phill Collinson, formerly a Doctor Who producer. He has clearly decided to clear out a lot of the dead wood on the show and try to shape it up a bit. He's also said that he's not a huge fan of shows being completely spoilered and that they will be giving out lots and lots of false spoilers over the next few months. He's hinted that a lot of the Natasha and David stories in the papers may actually have been the beginning of the false rumours.

Thanks for the clarification. I asked a few weeks ago had Corrie changed writers recently because Hayley being like a bitch to Roy seemed completely out of character for her and someone said it was a new producer.

Obviously the ridiculous kidnapping you refer to is John "the Muppet" Stape, and Dozie Plebster. Unfortunately I missed alot of corrie around that time, and didnt see that storyline. What was the disgusting affiar you refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He's hinted that a lot of the Natasha and David stories in the papers may actually have been the beginning of the false rumours.

I hope that includes the "David rapes Tina" rumour.

I would be interested if the Natasha suicide storyline goes ahead. I think it will though, I guess it's just the case of what happens (Abortion, miscarriage, fake pregnancy/abortion, Nick cheats/dumps, etc.)
    They could end up doing a total Jeckyl and Hyde turnaround a la Loretta in Hollyoaks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What was the disgusting affiar you refer to?

Molly and Kevin. It was just vile. It started with him telling her that he wanted to 'jump the bones of her' and continued on with her making cow eyes at him across the street. Then there was the episode where she was rolling around on the bed with him talking about her enjoyment of his 'ancient erection.' The whole thing was vomit inducing.

And I think it was out of character. Molly had always adored Tyrone and there was no gradual disillusionment with him, just an almost instant bunny boiler attraction to Kevin. And while Kevin and Sally's marriage wasn't exactly stable I don't think he would have done that to Tyrone with a woman who was not too much older than his daughter.

It was similar to how Steve went from despising Becky for blackmailing him and threatening the relationship he had with Michelle who he supposedly loved. And then instantly was deeply in love with Becky and didn't give a damn about Michelle. And when she found out Michelle hated them both but within about a month they are all back working together and being bestest buds.

Crowther just did whatever popped into her head regardless of whether it made sense or not. She had wanted Kevin to keep cheating with Molly while Sally had cancer treatment but Michael Le Vell said he would quit if she tried to make that go ahead as it would completely destroy Kevin's character.

Molly and Kevin was a bit weird. First off Molly was only married a wet week. I would have thought very few people cheat in the first year of the marriage, particularly if they never cheated before. That was strange.

The actress, I am sure must have been annoyed because cheating on tyrone of all people means she gets abuse in the street, and she runs the risk of being type-cast, as all I remember of her from Emmerdale, was her having the affair with her Mothers boyfriend(the scoundrel, Kane Dingle). And she cant really stay on the street with her poor illegitimate baby living across from Kevin.

The famous car crash was another thing not quite thought out. Surely if kevin was working on the brakes of the car, the car would be jacked up, or at least the bonnet open. Kevin wouldnt re-assemble the car and park it out front if he was still working on it, particularly the brakes.

It was similar to how Steve went from despising Becky for blackmailing him and threatening the relationship he had with Michelle who he supposedly loved. And then instantly was deeply in love with Becky and didn't give a damn about Michelle. And when she found out Michelle hated them both but within about a month they are all back working together and being bestest buds.

This was another one that really irked me at the time. Now love her or hate her(I love her), Michelle is one very fine looking woman. Her charachter seems like a genuinely nice person, and she was great with Amy. Why steve would look sideways at loud gobby, smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish with a drink problem ex-junkie Becky. It just seems crazy to me. And like you said going from hating Becky to working next to her in the bar is also a bit of a leap.

The famous car crash was another thing not quite thought out. Surely if kevin was working on the brakes of the car, the car would be jacked up, or at least the bonnet open. Kevin wouldnt re-assemble the car and park it out front if he was still working on it, particularly the brakes.

Didnt Tyrone think the car was done, therefore there would be nothing wrong with him sitting into the car and driving it.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Didnt Tyrone think the car was done, therefore there would be nothing wrong with him sitting into the car and driving it.

Yes tryone thought it was done, and so there is nothing wrong with him driving it, but my problem is, if you were working on the brakes of a car, and got called away, you would leave the car in its state. You wouldn't tidy up the car, close the bonnet, if it was jacked-up, you wouldnt jack it down, and if you had a box of tools open and in use, you wouldnt tidy them away. You would leave them as they are.

Like if someone called me away from my computer now, I wouldn't go closing all the windows, and shut it down. I would just lock it and that would be it. So to anyone else coming over, it would be pretty obvious that someone is working on it. I would have thought it would be the same with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

here is the story on the peacocks, they will be no loss when they leave the showhttp://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0707/coronationstreet.html

From the article:
    Claire, played by Julia Howarth, 30, flees Weatherfield, but returns to clear her name - and it emerges that Aadi got the injuries in a fight with little Simon Barlow.

However she tells butcher Ashley, played by Steven Arnold, 35, that they must leave for good.

The source said: "She can't believe people could think she was to blame.

"This will be the end for Claire, Ashley and their sons. And there will be no way back."

"Claire ..flees weatherfield" ...Why? Especially if she is innocent.

A child abuse story line could be quite good, but a child abuse story line in which they are wrongly accused, but have to leave the street anyway seems a bit... I dont know, weird.

I know it happens, it happens quite alot. I know a guy who was a scout leader for 20 years until a false accusation was made against him and he had to hang up is neckerchief for good. But in this case it just seems like their getting rid of them for the sake of it. She is no loss, but ashley can be a laugh. Could they not die in the tram crash at christmas?

It must seem like I have nothing good to say about corrie these days, but to be honest, I dont.

I missed the end of the siege story line, can anyone tell me what happened to steve, ashley and the other one regarding the world cup? I know trevor took carla, so I assume someone didnt need their ticket. Was there a big bust up among the WAGs?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

No. None of them had got around to telling their wives about the trip, so when one of them dropped out, the others did also. A bit lame.
    This left Trevor to take Carla to the World Cup, shave off his beard and body hair, slap on some fake tan, and start poncing around Carla's flat with his shirt off. Yuk.
    Sexist, too. Why can't Carla do it as well ? - it's only right.
    It's a bit of a job to imagine someone like Trevor coming back from the World Cup and not giving out to anyone who'd listen about England's abject performance - my best guess is that the whole thing was filmed weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just a quickie who lives in the apartment next to Rita (Alec Gilroy used to have "connecting doors" in it)

deelite wrote: »
    Just a quickie who lives in the apartment next to Rita (Alec Gilroy used to have "connecting doors" in it)

Tina was there till this week.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    No. None of them had got around to telling their wives about the trip, so when one of them dropped out, the others did also. A bit lame.
    This left Trevor to take Carla to the World Cup, shave off his beard and body hair, slap on some fake tan, and start poncing around Carla's flat with his shirt off. Yuk.
    Sexist, too. Why can't Carla do it as well ? - it's only right.
    It's a bit of a job to imagine someone like Trevor coming back from the World Cup and not giving out to anyone who'd listen about England's abject performance - my best guess is that the whole thing was filmed weeks ago.

So yet another story line that didnt go anywhere. Maybe the producer is trying to end silly story lines that yer wan was putting together. I would imagine it was filmed weeks ago, but you would think there would be some kind of reference. Even if they just did one alternative clip like:

Ashley: What was it like watching England kick <insert teams name> ass in <insert stadium>?
    Trevor: Fantastic man! Vuvuzelas drove us up the wall though.

or

Ashley: What did you think of Englands performance?
    Trevor: Shocking man! Vuvuzelas didnt help either.

That would be Tina and Jasons flat. Or Tina's ex flat as she has now been evicted by heartbroken heart throb Jason.

Was she also responsible for the worst storyline ever; the Ryan/Alex baby swap storyline.

I agree she's presided over some bad storylines; her obsession with John Stape, Rosie's dreams of being a tramp and introducing some ridiculous characters, Jesse, Tara, Umed. She's also ignored most of the decent actors, Eileen who is one of the best on the street has had nothing to do over the past year; instead she has been stuck with the idiot Jesse. Also axing a lot of decent characters like Amber, Wiki and Poppy who had the capacity to be a proper bitch.

But most of all she gave all the decent episodes to be written by her husband who if anything was worse than her.

She has done some good stuff though:

1) She handled the older cast brilliantly. The Ken/Martha storyline was surprisingly good as was Emily/Ramsay.

2)The whole Barlow clan shone throughout her tenure; Peters alcholism story was fantastic.
    Crowther just did whatever popped into her head regardless of whether it made sense or not.

Two scenes from last nights episode.

Michelle and Sean discussing his child. Why would she help him portray himself as Liz; why would she help him in any case. He had an affair with her fiancee. Michelle seems to have forgotten.

Next scene was Carla and Leanne. Leanne who Carlas husband had been with prior to him dying.

Has Jed Stone been mentioned since all the drama with Tony occured. I would've thought Norris or Emily would have wondered as to his whereabouts.

Has Jed Stone been mentioned since all the drama with Tony occured. I would've thought Norris or Emily would have wondered as to his whereabouts.

Another storyline that never went anywhere. Coronation Street is getting to be like Lost.
    Michelle and Sean discussing his child. Why would she help him portray himself as Liz; why would she help him in any case. He had an affair with her fiancee. Michelle seems to have forgotten.

Sean had an affair with Michelles fiancee?? When was that?

2007. Michelle was seeing Sonny and they got engaged. Sean and Sonny had been together a few years before that and rekindled their relationship until they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another storyline that never went anywhere. Coronation Street is getting to be like Lost.

Yes Michelle is very pally now with Sean and Becky and Steve all who betrayed her in the past :rolleyes:

2007. Michelle was seeing Sonny and they got engaged. Sean and Sonny had been together a few years before that and rekindled their relationship until they were caught.

I dont remember any of that. Must have been away at the time. Sounds like racy stuff.
    Yes Michelle is very pally now with Sean and Becky and Steve all who betrayed her in the past

A normal person would have waved goodbye to the street by now. I think they just keep her around because she is a good character and is very easy on the eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Who was Jed Stone again and what did he have to do with Emily and Norris?

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement