Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ian Mercer who played Gary Mallett appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean and Master and Commander alongside Russell Crowe.

Chris Bisson as Vikram Desai, stared in East Is East.

Linus Roache, son of Bill Roache (Ken Barlow) who played Peter Barlow in the early 1970s and went on to star in the film Priest.

Elisabeth Sladen, who went on to genre fame as Sarah-Jane Smith in Doctor Who, played Anita Reynolds in 1970.

Chucken wrote: »
    Ian Mercer who played Gary Mallett appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean and Master and Commander alongside Russell Crowe.

Chris Bisson as Vikram Desai, stared in East Is East.

Linus Roache, son of Bill Roache (Ken Barlow) who played Peter Barlow in the early 1970s and went on to star in the film Priest.

Elisabeth Sladen, who went on to genre fame as Sarah-Jane Smith in Doctor Who, played Anita Reynolds in 1970.
    Dev was also in East is East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Writers, please, please, please, please, please, please, please KILL FAYE. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm so distracted by devs sniffing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I still don't understand why Dev asked Roy and Hayley not to come, and yet commented on the lack of friends at the funeral.

And who were those2 random ladies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I still don't understand why Dev asked Roy and Hayley not to come, and yet commented on the lack of friends at the funeral.

And who were those2 random ladies?

They were the cousins that got Sunita robed etc I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought the actor who plays Karl played it well when he was walking towards the car he looked in shock and was shaking, I can't believe he has told Stella I just hope she believes him

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Maybe the writers could have Faye and her dad move away, far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Asha has lovely eyes, poor wee lambs will miss their mam:(. Funny how quick I've been forgetting the intensity of my dislike for Sunita. Her insessant stalking of Karl while being all buddy buddy with Stella, sticking her árse in his face etc, then her callous treatment of Dev, hauling another man into his house/sofa in front of him. Then her obvious sneering in Karl's face when Stella didn't want him back. When I think back, it was her doing the chasing, granted Karl was a dickhead for giving in to her but it's not as if he chased her, promised undying love and dumped her.

syklops wrote: »
    Aside from Anna. We like the site of Anna. Right fellow males of the Corrie thread?

I like Anna :o

• Advertisement

Btw, has that Deirdre one made any comments about the Tyrone/Kirsty thing? No apologies to Tyrone or anything? No?

Eileen is being a silly bint. She looks and behaves like his mother, or a sister who is secretly his mother and never told him.

Lloyd is getting darker in colour by the minute. He's going to be jet black by this time next week.

Faye is so obnoxious, what are we going to do?? How are we going to endure her on our screens for the foreseeable?? It's too much for a body to bear:(

Now come on the fcuk...what person in Dev's situation in his right mind ask his wife's very recent ex-bit-on-the-side to carry her coffin?? Not a one.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Asha has lovely eyes, poor wee lambs will miss their mam:(. Funny how quick I've been forgetting the intensity of my dislike for Sunita. Her insessant stalking of Karl while being all buddy buddy with Stella, sticking her árse in his face etc, then her callous treatment of Dev, hauling another man into his house/sofa in front of him. Then her obvious sneering in Karl's face when Stella didn't want him back. When I think back, it was her doing the chasing, granted Karl was a dickhead for giving in to her but it's not as if he chased her, promised undying love and dumped her.

While 'SuniTTTTTAAAAA' is not blameless, Karl had a choice to ignore her advances or get stuck in and he got stuck in and now he is a murdering sociopath. Funnily enough im just watching Taggart at the mo and who is in it only the bould Karl trying to solve a mystery after he burning down a pub killing one and then he finished off the other :D

I like Anna :o

I like Anna too, another character with beautiful eyes, she's such a lovely person. She needs to harden up a bit with Faye though, the young one has her like a puppet on a string.

I'm posting as I watch btw. This is a silly reason for tiny Paul to leave, it's like the producers were stuck for a story to get rid of him. It was probably too much to have two established characters to die at the same time I suppose but it would've been handier and more believeable to kill him off. Eileen put up with so much with his poor bewildered wife living with them that it's hard to believe that she'd break up with him over this.

Btw, has that Deirdre one made any comments about the Tyrone/Kirsty thing? No apologies to Tyrone or anything? No?

Eileen is being a silly bint. She looks and behaves like his mother, or a sister who is secretly his mother and never told him.

Lloyd is getting darker in colour by the minute. He's going to be jet black by this time next week.

Faye is so obnoxious, what are we going to do?? How are we going to endure her on our screens for the foreseeable?? It's too much for a body to bear:(

Now come on the fcuk...what person in Dev's situation in his right mind ask his wife's very recent ex-bit-on-the-side to carry her coffin?? Not a one.

Lloyd is Michael Jackson in reverse....Aoooohhhhhh!!! :)

Secondly, that Dev asking Karl craic is similar to the time Richard Hillman was asked by Maxine's parents to give a speech at her funeral despite even Maxine barely knowing Richard. Pathetic

I reckon that
    dull and boring idiot Paul will probably murder Karl when the truth is outed about the fire. That will be his big storyline.

While 'SuniTTTTTAAAAA' is not blameless, Karl had a choice to ignore her advances or get stuck in and he got stuck in and now he is a murdering sociopath. Funnily enough im just watching Taggart at the mo and who is in it only the bould Karl trying to solve a mystery after he burning down a pub killing one and then he finished off the other :D

Aw yeah too right, he should've:mad:. Also he was gambling Stella's money and all that. He is a slithery bollix and I can't stand him. It's just after popping into my mind that she really had become a cow over the last while, especially with her disloyalty to Stella, who was a good kind boss and friend to her. She wasn't the Sunita of earlier times who was a genuine nice person. I didn't like the way she treated Amber either. (Bit daft not to mention her at all I think, she should be there).

I reckon that
    dull and boring idiot Paul will probably murder Karl when the truth is outed about the fire. That will be his big storyline.

Now that's a good idea:).

I wish Paul would wear another jacket. I really hate that skinny little zippy up one,with the big collar standing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What religion is Dev and Sunita? Is it Hindu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

After seeing Faye's father have the run in with Chesney, I predict that Faye will move in with her father and he will loose his temper with her and knock seven bells out of her, then she will go running back to Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

prob no one else to do it- not like there was a crowd there
    . Funnily enough im just watching Taggart at the mo and who is in it only the bould Karl trying to solve a mystery after he burning down a pub killing one and then he finished off the other :D

corrie writers not as clever as they thought:p

I reckon that
    good- bye paul!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What religion is Dev and Sunita? Is it Hindu?

I think their religions quite beautiful - especially for the kids-. Pray for Mammy and when we do her soul will be released into another being.... I think its beautiful
    cofy wrote: »
    After seeing Faye's father have the run in with Chesney, I predict that Faye will move in with her father and he will loose his temper with her and knock seven bells out of her, then she will go running back to Anna.

he walloped into Chez- Chez was making love to his sausage roll;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭grottyblotty

Dev should have invited Roy especially as they both have an interesting hobby of railway train spotting.LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was surprised Emilly wasn't at the funeral she was good friends with Dev and Sunita and also minded the kids from time to time and she is very religious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Worst double episode I've seen in a long time.

I cannot believe that Karl has escaped suspicion for so long. They are portraying Stella as a real dimwit. All that sympathy for him " its tough on Karl" ad naseum. You'd swear he was the one who'd lost his wife and mother of his 2 young children. At least Leanne seems to see through him although no doubt Stella will set her down next week and try to persuade her that "Karl is a good man". Yawn.

Paul v Eileen is dreary at this stage. The woman is never, ever happy. It would have made more sense if he was killed in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

Radio5 wrote: »
    Worst double episode I've seen in a long time.

I cannot believe that Karl has escaped suspicion for so long. They are portraying Stella as a real dimwit. All that sympathy for him " its tough on Karl" ad naseum. You'd swear he was the one who'd lost his wife and mother of his 2 young children. At least Leanne seems to see through him although no doubt Stella will set her down next week and try to persuade her that "Karl is a good man". Yawn.

Paul v Eileen is dreary at this stage. The woman is never, ever happy. It would have made more sense if he was killed in the fire.

couldn't agree more, and don't forget now all those faye scenes...i'm sorry now, but that annoying girl just has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Devs sniffling sounds like he is in labour and doing some breathing techniques he was taught at his antenatal class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Can someone tell me when the omnibuses are on? EE too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Ahm just back from London and on my flight home was Stelluh, of Rover's Return landlady fame. And in the arrivals, there was Keet Duffy aka Ciaran McCarthy.

It was a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Misticles wrote: »
    Can someone tell me when the omnibuses are on? EE too :)
    sunday 14th april coronation street omnibus ITV2 8.55 a.m

http://www.rte.ie/ten/guide.html
    Sunday 14th april Eastenders omnibus BBC1 11.00a.m

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

jjf1974 wrote: »
    sunday 14th april coronation street omnibus ITV2 8.55 a.m

sunday 14th april Eastenders omnibus BBC1 11.00a.m

Does tv3 do one? I've tried looking but only see emmerdale

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Liz sometimes you can find the episodes you missed on Youtube. If you look up coronation Street and then you click the filter button and click this week, or today of the last hour. If you don't use the filter, you get thousands of choice making it hard to find the episode you want.
    Use to be able to find weekly spoilers on Youtube, but not so much anymore.
    On another note, I love Joanna Lumley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Misticles wrote: »
    Does tv3 do one? I've tried looking but only see emmerdale
    Episodes are repeated the following day at 4p.m or you can watch them here http://www.tv3.ie/3player

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement