Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Newton & Ridley sold the pub years ago, remember when Bet Lynch was trying to raise the money to buy it from them?

I think that was when Jack & Vera eventually bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

^^^

Ah miss Bet

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The builders are fixing up the rovers.whose paying for this?who actually owns the rovers?

Ya Stella owns it, has a mortage on it.

Few episodes ago when Stella was standing outside the Rovers with Owen telling him he wasn't the cheapest quote she said that

I should wait for the insurance to get sorted but want to get work started

next the insurance wont be sorted
    then go back a few pages in this thread and we have -
    will Owen take a share in pub, will Michelle etc.

Way too little Michelle and Carla lately,
    like the way Carla is like a tennage lover with Peter at the mo, totally chilled cuddle up in the pub the night before the fire. Arm across him at the Barlow dinner

Michelle, Tina and Eva should take over the pub with Carla as their business consultant

Some great comic lines in corrie over the last while I thought. Just me?
    Yonkes ago with Emily in the shop when being ignored she says someit about regularly talking about herself.

Last week from Roy in response to his mothers comments about no fuss at her funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

mb1725 wrote: »
    Newton & Ridley sold the pub years ago, remember when Bet Lynch was trying to raise the money to buy it from them?

I think that was when Jack & Vera eventually bought it.

Aw, I dont know these times at all. I missed Corrie for a few years in the 90s.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

You know between Faye, Denny (in Eastenders), and Ben in Fair City, is there some school that teaches children just to be really annoying....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Stella said she could only scrap together 10,000 pounds to fix the Rover's to Owen. No explanation for where it came from? Owen said something about buying part of the pub in exchange for the work, but Stella did not take him up on it at the time.

I really hope he doesn't buy part of the pub. He's not a good character and that would guarantee him more screen time!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

whats with steve and all the pulling funny faces :o ridiculous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lloyd and Steve are the new comedy act and being a shoulder to cry on for Dev and Eileen

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »
    Lloyd and Steve are the new comedy act and being a shoulder to cry on for Dev and Eileen

But most of the time they aren't funny

Mary becomes nanny to Dev's kids Aldi and Asda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

amtc wrote: »
    You know between Faye, Denny (in Eastenders), and Ben in Fair City, is there some school that teaches children just to be really annoying....

Remember this isn't real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Remember this isn't real life

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Gawd I'd love to throttle Faye, what a horrible little beast! Hope the little fcuk doesn't go and report Anna for hitting her or something and we have nosy hole Norris watching from across the cobbles at the whole kerfuffle. It's not a bit of wonder that her 'real mother' was battering her:D, think I'd serve a 16yr sentence for the pleasure:o

(On the subject of Denny in Eastenders, he looks like Meg Ryan in her day I think).

Ann22 wrote: »
    Gawd I'd love to throttle Faye, what a horrible little beast! Hope the little fcuk doesn't go and report Anna for hitting her or something and we have nosy hole Norris watching from across the cobbles at the whole kerfuffle. It's not a bit of wonder that her 'real mother' was battering her:D, think I'd serve a 16yr sentence for the pleasure:o

(On the subject of Denny in Eastenders, he looks like Meg Ryan in her day I think).

Ehhhhhm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The builders are fixing up the rovers.whose paying for this?who actually owns the rovers?

She said she was going to try and squeeze more cash from the insurers, but seeing as the cops and fire brigade have said it's arson, then I doubt that the insurance will pay up that quick. Bit funny alright, maybe the start of a new twist in the story.
    mb1725 wrote: »

Yeah, she didn't have the cash so Alec Gilroy said he'd buy it for her. Jesus, remember him, his cigars and bottles of Champers, they were some pair, Bet and Alec.

Chucken wrote: »
    I think they just bought the licence. I could be wrong :confused:

Newton and Ridley always owned it in the past.

Sort of like a franchising system over there you buy a lease for a certain period. No one owns a pub outright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

From Corriepedia

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Rovers_Return_Inn

".......... all was well until 1995 when Newton & Ridley decided to sell up again... but now they weren't just selling the tenancy but the pub itself. Bet was given first refusal for £66,000 but knew she had no way to pay it herself and turned to her friendsRita Sullivan and Vicky McDonald for a loan, but when they both turned her down, Bet tended her resignation and left Weatherfield.
    With Bet gone, the pub was quickly put on the market. Jim and Liz McDonald, having often dreamed of owning their own pub (the Rovers in particular) put their house on the market with the intention of buying the Rovers. However another interested party were Jack and Vera Duckworth. Jack had recently come into a large inheritance and the Duckworths also put their house on the market. In the end, it was a case of whichever couple could come up with the money first. With the house soon sold to the Malletts, the Duckworths pipped the McDonalds to the post and bought the Rovers. As Jack had a criminal record, Vera was made the licensee".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Maybe I have crap taste in men but Paul is on my list of "men I think are hot but am too embarrassed to admit it"...

There it's out. Ride!

The wee liar! I'd give her something to cry about:mad:. A slap round the backs of her knees with a wet dishcloth would do for starters. That young one has been nothing but trouble from the very start:mad:...It'd put anybody off adopting, watching this:confused:

gubbie wrote: »
    Maybe I have crap taste in men but Paul is on my list of "men I think are hot but am too embarrassed to admit it"...

There it's out. Ride!

There's nowt major wrong with his appearance that a therapeutic session of some sort of lymphatic drainage therapy wouldn't cure, he's all puffy round the eyes, could well be caused by being flattened by Eileen rolling across him in the bed or bouncing up and down on his little body....poor tiny Paul:(. She really is a big miserable hape of misery, I'm so sick looking at her and her miserable face and listening to her droning miserable voice.

Excuse my rantings, I'm a bit pre-menstrual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I won't get started on Faye because I won't finish.

What is Chesney playing at? He's boxing well above his weight and yet he's still willing to lose her?

Twit!

gubbie wrote: »

There it's out. Ride!

I liked him as Barnesy in Hollyoaks but putting him with Eileen in Corrie was a big mistake imo

Dev apologising to Stella the poor big sap :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MugMugs wrote: »
    I won't get started on Faye because I won't finish.

What is Chesney playing at? He's boxing well above his weight and yet he's still willing to lose her?

Twit!

It is a bit weird. I mean she only kissed Ryan. He is behaving like they had a fling. As you say she is well out of league to begin with. What is he thinking? And he can hardly be happy can he, spending his evenings drinking with Kirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

syklops wrote: »
    It is a bit weird. I mean she only kissed Ryan. He is behaving like they had a fling. As you say she is well out of league to begin with. What is he thinking? And he can hardly be happy can he, spending his evenings drinking with Kirk.

Doesn't really make sense. I know he has a new love interest on the horizon but the writers would want to do a bit better in his reasons for not wanting to get back with the mother to his son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Chesney really annoys me- the little sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

That storyline with social services was terrible. It made me so angry watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

lisaj wrote: »
    That storyline with social services was terrible. It made me so angry watching it.

This is it.
    Why would social services take a child off one person and hand them over to that persons family member.Who lives on the same street.
    The people from both acting parents family's could be there in a minute threatening the child to withdraw what she said.:(

lisaj wrote: »

Did they ever visit Simon when Carla arrived half cut to collect him from school or when Peter nearly burnt down the flat while drunk :rolleyes:

Would social services really let Gary who was suffered a while back from ptsd care for Faye now?

Maybe Chesney knows she's out of his league and dreads the day she leaves him. He knows well some gorgeous dude will come along sometime and waltz off with her. Hard to swallow how they got together in the first place. No way should he have agreed with her to have a baby...maybe deep down he thought it'd tie them together.

It's not nice to compare appearances but she is strikingly good looking and he isn't...and he doesn't have a particularly cool or witty personality...he's a nice chap and all but still. It'd take a really special person who looks like Katy to see below the surface and fall for someone like Chesney:(.

• Advertisement

Haven't ye heard Ginja's rule :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement