Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

How many actresses and actors have left Coronation Street with hope of going on to bigger and better things and haven't?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can't beleave Tina is leaving, one of the reasons i watch it :)

Anybody want to speculate how she wil be written out, I don't see her being killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Anybody want to speculate how she wil be written out, I don't see her being killed off.
    maybe it will be too hard watching Izzy and Gary raise her kid so she will leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I hope she isn't killed off for two reasons:

1. Gives her a chance to come back to Corrie in the future, I actually think she is one of the more talented actors in the programme.

2. The amount of people who get killed in Corrie is getting beyond a joke, even for a soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

casio4 wrote: »
    maybe it will be too hard watching Izzy and Gary raise her kid so she will leave

Mabye but I think they will have something better in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Ahhh, and I wanted Tina and Tommeh to become the new Jack and Vera

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

another brilliant character is leaving :(
    Michelle Keegan has announced she's leaving next year

You've quite literally torn my sunday apart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'll probably be attacked for this but I think Tina although beautiful, is a tad boring. She has a dull tone to her voice and lacks passion. Even her efforts to defend Tyrone in her arguments with Kirsty weren't as intense as they could've been, much of that could be the writer's fault as her lines in those rows were feeble. She plays miserable very well though, tears come easily to her. In saying that, there is the capacity for lots of juicy storylines involving her character in the future and she will be a loss in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'll probably be attacked for this but I think Tina although beautiful, is a tad boring. She has a dull tone to her voice and lacks passion. Even her efforts to defend Tyrone in her arguments with Kirsty weren't as intense as they could've been, much of that could be the writer's fault as her lines in those rows were feeble. She plays miserable very well though, tears come easily to her. In saying that, there is the capacity for lots of juicy storylines involving her character in the future and she will be a loss in that respect.

She was way more feisty when she first arrived and was fighting with Gail and paired with David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Have yis voted in the soap awards yet??

Faye is in the best young performer category. That's one award Corrie shouldn't win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

did she just leave joesph in a builders yard in the snow!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Snowing in Manchester :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Omg. Katy randomly bumped into Ryan and Chesney saw them taking! Didn't see that coming!

Ffs. Whats Michelle giving Ryan money for? He's a grown man with a job :mad:

I think Mary is going to make a great nanny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I feel so sorry for Izzy.....and I've a feeling things aren't going to improve for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Katy really putting her son first (not) and going out with Ryan instead :rolleyes:

Mary seems very good with Dev's kids

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

It was nice to see Mary not being crazy. She seems to have found her niche.

lisaj wrote: »
    It was nice to see Mary not being crazy. She seems to have found her niche.

Remember when she minded Faye? She actually got the little brat to do what she was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Rasheed wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Izzy.....and I've a feeling things aren't going to improve for her.

Yeah, I too felt sorry for her.Tugged a bit at the heart strings.Maybe herself and Tommy might get it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah, I too felt sorry for her.Tugged a bit at the heart strings.Maybe herself and Tommy might get it together.

Maybe! But Gary suits Izzy I think! Tina seems to want want to get back with Tommy and vise versa. I think the idea of Tina carrying Gary's baby, never mind the fact that she gorgeous and they have a laugh together, has Gary's head turned a bit.

You know the way Izzy said to Gary that 'its his baby and I'm not the mum', is the egg not Izzy egg that was used? Or does she just mean that she's not carrying the baby?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

WTF sort of a place do Leanne and Nick run? Going over abusing their clients like that and slagging them off. If I was Carla I'd have just fecked off. When the Rovers re-opens they'll lose a fair bit of business.

Rasheed wrote: »
    You know the way Izzy said to Gary that 'its his baby and I'm not the mum', is the egg not Izzy egg that was used? Or does she just mean that she's not carrying the baby?

Egg is Izzy's, she just meant that she isn't carrying the baby. This won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are there no other restaurants around, it's daft the way Carla and Peter go there with Nick and Leanne running it.

I know it's understandable the way Chesney is jealous of Ryan and Katy...but he's getting on my nerves grimacing like an auld fella and moaning...fcuk sake!!!

I've never seen a stupider drunk than Katy...wtf was she like wobbling about the street like a half wit...fcuk sake:mad:. She looks like Ryan's daughter.

Gary is a creepy git and Tina should've stopped Tommy leaving the flat. She shouldn't have offered Gary a can either and encouraged him to hang about.

Izzy is a tit..trundling over all the pregnant women and exercise balls, then lo and behold she found a clear pathway to the door on her way out:confused:. She pulls faces like a baby does when she cries...her and Chesney make a good pair of whingy faces.

On a positive note...I enjoyed Mary's scene with Dev's kids :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Leanne at it again - yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak,
    :eek:

Red Kev wrote: »
    WTF sort of a place do Leanne and Nick run? Going over abusing their clients like that and slagging them off. If I was Carla I'd have just fecked off.

Was thinking the same thing

"Hello Customers, allow me to abuse you"

Katie however..... she could do well to substitute for
    Tina now that Tina
    will be leaving.

When I saw her all dolled up

Ding Dong, the Dirty old man is here :D :pac:
    soaps-corrie-katy-ryan-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

mb1725 wrote: »
    Leanne at it again - yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak, yak,

Oh i so cannot stand that annoying Leanne. Never happy, never shuts up whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Yeah, an unbearable scowl every time. Hard to look at her on screen. The mute button comes in handy when she's on a charge across the street.
    The writing is appalling these days - staid, repetitive and completely lost with the characters. Plus they drag even the most boring and irritating storyline out for ages. The Tyrone/Kirsty debacle went on for an age.
    Richard Hillman and crazy Tony was the last time I half enjoyed the show. I rarely watch it these days.

As another poster humorously mentioned, Chesney and his auld fella scrunging. A champion gurner, that boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

du Maurier wrote: »
    Yeah, an unbearable scowl every time. Hard to look at her on screen. The mute button comes in handy when she's on a charge across the street.
    The writing is appalling these days - staid, repetitive and completely lost with the characters. Plus they drag even the most boring and irritating storyline out for ages. The Tyrone/Kirsty debacle went on for an age.
    Richard Hillman and crazy Tony was the last time I half enjoyed the show. I rarely watch it these days.

As another poster humorously mentioned, Chesney and his auld fella scrunging. A champion gurner, that boy :)

And all the while the seasoned, experienced and better actors are left languishing on the side lines. :mad: When was the last time Rita, Emily, Ken and (God help us) Norris got a decent storyline? When they used to focus on Rita, Barbara Knox was as good as Pat Phoenix or Julie Goodyear any day. And Eileen Darbyshire has one of the best ranges of skill in the cast. Now they're just seen as the local gossips/old biddies/curmudgeons who are there for comic relief.
    I think all this focus on the younger characters and the penchant for the permanent sociopaths (Tracey, Karl, Owen) is just ruining what used to be a great dynamic in Corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You're like my missus. Leanne just opens her mouth and she is shouting at the telly"Oh ffs leanne! What a bitch". And she is Polish too, so bitch sounds more like beetch. Its hilarious.

Yeah the writing recently has been terrible.

The Chesney and Katy thing has gotten a bit silly. When Ryan texted her the last time Chesney should have gone round and smacked up. I know they are different sizes, but it would be perfectly believable for Chesney to smash his face in.

Yeah katy done up looks very well. And she doesn't wear great big member of the travelling community earrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Guys and gals, head over to AH and check out the "Most Unrealistic Aspects of Soaps"...it's really good.

I'm getting sick of Izzy and her woe-is-me expression, but I also am sick of Gary, chasing Tina around like a lost dog.

How come every single time Katy and Ryan bump into each other, Chesney is around?!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    How come every single time Katy and Ryan bump into each other, Chesney is around?!

Well he does live on the same street after all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement