Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Who was Jed Stone again and what did he have to do with Emily and Norris?

thanks

He was the first to see through Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Who was Jed Stone again and what did he have to do with Emily and Norris?

thanks
    he lived near the street and his house, and the others around him were going to be knocked down and Tony Gordans new apartments were going to be built, he refused to leave and Tony started harrassing him he even caused Jed to have a heart attack, he moved in with Emily and Norris for a while when he got out of hospital and then Tony tried to kill him so he fled the street and no one has seen him since ( i think that's what happened):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I remember Jed now. Thanks.

Keith Duffy is just cringeworthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I remember Jed now. Thanks.

Keith Duffy is just cringeworthy.

Maybe they could get Ciaran to drive the train at the end of this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Epicurus wrote: »
    Was she also responsible for the worst storyline ever; the Ryan/Alex baby swap storyline.

Michelle and Sean discussing his child. Why would she help him portray himself as Liz; why would she help him in any case. He had an affair with her fiancee. Michelle seems to have forgotten.

Next scene was Carla and Leanne. Leanne who Carlas husband had been with prior to him dying.

I don't think Crowther was responsible for the Ryan/Alex thing, I think that was the guy before her who Crowther was hired to fix things up after.

Michelle is the most forgiving person in the history of ever. It was Crowther who made her that way.

And she made Carla and Leanne into best buds which was weird after Leanne's part in Paul's death and the fact she had been shagging him for money to fund the restaurant they were supposed to be setting up together.

I will give her some credit for how much she obviously loved Blanche though. She did keep Blanche's wonderfully hilarious bitchiness to the fore. And as stupid as the John/Rosie kidnap was it was laugh out loud television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

fifilarue wrote: »
    hope you don't mind me butting in here lads but the sight of Deirdre gurning suggestively at Lewis/Louis in the alleyway where she was having her post stuffed marrow fag nearly had me choking on my own dinner this evening...was it meant to be that funny?

I still haven't gotten over that scene. How gross and horrible was that?!! I shuddered inwardly and my groin area retracted into my thoracic cavity.
    The Deirdre/Dev scene had a major negative effect on me too..remember that:eek:?!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten over that scene. How gross and horrible was that?!! I shuddered inwardly and my groin area retracted into my thoracic cavity.

Delightfully put ! :D

Has anyone else noticed the slimy silver trail Lewis is now leaving behind him ? I've always thought of him as smooth as a bucket of Shhhh !- you know what, but we all know he's about to expose himself as a complete rotter and an absolute bounder.
    Excellent work on the character by Nigel Havers.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Delightfully put ! :D

Has anyone else noticed the slimy silver trail Lewis is now leaving behind him ? I've always thought of him as smooth as a bucket of Shhhh !- you know what, but we all know he's about to expose himself as a complete rotter and an absolute bounder.
    Excellent work on the character by Nigel Havers.
    he has to be up to something if he's flirting with Deirdre, no one would look twice at her and he's hanging out in the bookies now to chat to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Is it just me or are they ending the episodes in really weird places? They used to end on small cliffhangers, now some one says goodbye and walks out of the room and then the theme music comes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That's usually to hint at a possible fling/rekindle/development of feelings/evil plot against someone/guilt/etc between 2 people.

Either there is some subtle look, or and exchange of looks, a smirk, etc.

Just a little bit of foresight.

Either that, or just lazy writing and editting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

things id do to alison king (carla) jus love that accent

"maiii workers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Coming up on Corrie:
    Ches questions John about the man who called at the house the previous day asking to speak with Colin Fishwick. Backed into a corner, John offers a weak excuse but Ches knows that there's more to it than meets the eye.

When Fiz worries that the visitor could have been someone from John's new school, Ches demands to know what they mean by 'new school'...

Considering Ches is the smartest one of the 3 I wonder what his reaction will be.

I'm hoping along the lines of:

Chesney: John. You're a muppet.

anyone else starting to get sick of chesney and his very predictable storm out of the house routine whilst giving fiz abuse.

yeah it's always the same, though chesney is getting some better story lines coming up. I didn't like nick tilsley (i'm sure spelling wrong) to start with but the way Carla is handling him is making the character look a bit more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

casio4 wrote: »
    I didn't like nick tilsley (i'm sure spelling wrong) to start with but the way Carla is handling him is making the character look a bit more interesting.

Can't stand Nick either.. When he first came on (kissing Tina) I hated him straight away, not because of the kiss but because of his whole attitude.. I was annoyed to see he came back permanently after that..

Maybe he get's killed by the tram at the end of the year or whenever..
    I love Carla but she doesn't have any good actors that show her off. The relationship with Carla/Nick or Carla/Trevor are boring.. Bring back Tony or the Connors..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Bring back Tony or the Connors..

You know...I was about to make a smarmy, sarcastic comment about how that probably isn't going to happen...But then again; less ridiculous things have happened in this show.

mrDerek wrote: »
    anyone else starting to get sick of chesney and his very predictable storm out of the house routine whilst giving fiz abuse.

My GF has the same opinion as you. And had during the storylines when Fizz was going to Marry john in prison.

I really like Ches, and if you look at it from his point of view, and Cilla was your mother, Fiz was your sister, and Les your step-dad, and you spent your entire childhood watching adults make mistakes and really bad decisions, and your only a few weeks from your 16th birthday when you can do your own thing, and live your own life, there's not a lot else you can do, but storm off.

As for giving abuse to Fizz, compared to the kind of abuse most 15 year olds give to their siblings, Ches is a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish John, Fiz and Ches would f*ck off from the street they are very boring

You just know it wont be long until Carla and Nick get together its bound to happen and I hate the new Nick also

Trevor looks good since he shaved and washed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ryan is such a muppet:(, the girl is in agony and all he can ask is should he get help:eek: hello!!! duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! tut!tut!.Should have done it first.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love Rula Lenska, hope she's in it for the long haul :D

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Ryan is such a muppet:(, the girl is in agony and all he can ask is should he get help:eek: hello!!! duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! tut!tut!.Should have done it first.

I was thinking the same. He spends all day long texting on his phone and an emergency happens and he runs looking for help. What a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

"Writers missed opportunity of the day "..................

Kieran to Ryan..."would you not put on a decent boy band

.....Ryan should have said " There are no decent boy bands "........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It stresses me out watching Dev and Sunitas' kids. They're little brats:mad:! Always jumping on sofas and stuff screaming and shouting and beating each other.

It stresses me out watching Dev and Sunitas' kids. They're little brats:mad:! Always jumping on sofas and stuff screaming and shouting and beating each other.

i can see an ADD storyline coming up

Its not real.....:rolleyes:...theyre just little actors....kids dont do that sort of thing....:p

Sids Not wrote: »
    Its not real.....:rolleyes:...theyre just little actors....kids dont do that sort of thing....:p

I really think anyone who uses the phrase "Its not real" in their post should be banned from this forum. Most of the people who come here either know that its not real, think it is real, or don't care either way.

Do you go into other television fora and say "its not real :rolleyes:'?

Ann22, Yeah they dont sress me out but I find them really irritating. I found the storyline with the little one stuck on the balcony so irritating and actually painful to watch. Dev is terrible with them as well. One minute he is hugging 'Muh Chooldren' and next he is giving out to them in that condescending voice of his.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Will someone please tell R-eye-ann that he'll never pull a bird with that lego haircut. It's even turned Sian Lesbian. Seriously!!!

syklops wrote: »
    I really think anyone who uses the phrase "Its not real" in their post should be banned from this forum. Most of the people who come here either know that its not real, think it is real, or don't care either way.

Do you go into other television fora and say "its not real :rolleyes:'?

:D:D:D:D...you REALLLLLLY want to get out more.....:p

The joke was in there somewhere ..between the tonge and the cheek....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

[QUOTE=syklops;67011996Dev is terrible with them as well. One minute he is hugging 'Muh Chooldren' and next he is giving out to them in that condescending voice of his.[/QUOTE]

Oh God I hate Dev - he just shouts all the time! Get him off !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tbf to Dev, Sunita was a total moron to think that a tiny shop would be a good place for a pair of 5 year olds to spend a whole day. I actually think the twins were quite well-behaved considering the circumstances. Most kids would throw a huge tantrum at some stage if expected to spend their holidays at their parents' workplace. (Unless they worked at a playground).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement