Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

syklops wrote: »
    Lol, Owen is such a hypocrite and David(for once) showed him as being thick. Owen goes "I need an overdraft to eat, and their cracking open the Champagne".

First off, then why are you in the bistro to begin with Owen?

Secondly, David replies to him "It's Prosecco", which he got annoyed about. He didnt realise Prosecco is an italian sparkling wine which is about a 10th of the price of a bottle of 'cheap' champagne. FYI, O'Briens Wines have a special on this month, 2 bottles for 9 euros each.

And what kind of a wind bag goes from scrimping and saving to buy into the pub, while continuing to dine at the bistro, and then changes track and decides to sue instead. Muppet.
    Can you imagine him running or even working in the rovers.He would have half the street bared.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Stella and Karl's engagement party was a bizarre one, all couples that have nought to do wi each other.

Yes that was weird plus Rita and Gloria don't like each other and where was the likes of Sean, Tina and Stella's "best friend" Dev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    where was...Stella's "best friend" Dev?

Shhheeee, she she she wanted...a quiiiiet... get-together hence........inviting him would, hmmmm, be a lil bit, uhhh, counterintuitive, *goofy grin* yes? Yes. Ah-kay... *labels some cans or whatever* [/dev]

Jikashi wrote: »
    Shhheeee, she she she wanted...a quiiiiet... get-together hence........inviting him would, hmmmm, be a lil bit, uhhh, counterintuitive, *goofy grin* yes? Yes. Ah-kay... *labels some cans or whatever* [/dev]

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

syklops wrote: »
    You're watching a british soap, but I know what you mean. You would swear only people with posh names get their hair done.

I used to work in a call centre and we had to verify the account details using the famous mothers maiden name. This guy rings up one day with a strong cockney accent, everything is "bruv this and bruv that, init?", so I go to him that I need his mothers maiden name and he goes, "oh you dont want mine you want the wife's, init? Ye, its cold-arse", and I didn't quite catch and I asked him to repeat it, and he goes "Ye, check it bruv thats what it is, cold-arse", and I check it, and the recorded mothers maiden name is "Winterbottom". I said, "close enough".

So funny :D I have an exam in the morning and I'm so nervous - this really made me laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

I liked David's little quip in the Salon... "I'll be downstairs polishing my pie machine".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Does Audrey or David own the salon?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah! ...and take Mrs Thistlethwaite or Mrs Posselthwaite or Mrs Heffelsham's coats (the clearly made up names are so stupid....like Postman Pat villagers:rolleyes:.
    Mrs cooperwright cancelled today:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Does Gail not work in the Bistro any more?
    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Nick either sacked her or she waked out when she found out about Kyle and Nic sleeping together. Can't remenber which one.

Sylvia called her an employee and Nick gave her permission to go home so she must be back there. No explanation of course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Mrs cooperwright cancelled today:rolleyes:

Think he said Cooperthwaite...even more stupid:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Sally is one nasty cow, David shouldn't be left alone with children cos he's epilepsy!

Fingers crossed that's there's a sub plot by the corrie writers that Karl bumps her off because she discovers he started the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So David has an epileptic fit, goes to the Doctor who tells him to take it easy. Then heads to the pub and has some alcohol, which isn't really what an epileptic should be drinking a couple of hours after a fit.

Nice to see Owen has his bullying ways back again after he chickened out of a proper man's fight against Karl. Always easy to push the weaker ones around.

Katy left David "a stranger" take her baby to the park :confused:

Anna is a fool, she needs to get tough and mean for Faye and Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sally! You silly faced ásshole! Wtf?! That was none of her business saying that to Nick!!! Cheeky bítch!!

Chesney is stupid flat nosed thick little dweeb!!! Katy TOLD him she had a dental apt....why was he ranting about the place asking why she 'dumped' Jozef?????????????!!!!! The only thing the lad had going for hiim was his niceness...now he's just turning into Steptoe on a bad day.

Check out the face of Tina when she heard Gary and Izzy talking about Tommy saying Gary fancied Tina! She looked well píssed off in the background. Typical half wit Tina..blame Tommy for this:mad:... Cop on the fcuk..it's obvious he fancies her. Now c'mon, she has to know by now. Poor Izzy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Doesn't Stella have a mortgage over the Rovers? Have the bank just waived any repayments then? That's very understanding of them *strikes a match*

Maybe I missed something, but shouldn't David be on epilepsy medication, not just be told to 'take it easy??!' :confused:

Posy wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but shouldn't David be on epilepsy medication, not just be told to 'take it easy??!' :confused:

He is! Kylie asked him if he was taking it and he said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Kylie asked him had he been taking his tablets and he said yeah he had taken them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sally! You silly faced ásshole! Wtf?! That was none of her business saying that to Nick!!! Cheeky bítch!!

Chesney is stupid flat nosed thick little dweeb!!! Katy TOLD him she had a dental apt....why was he ranting about the place asking why she 'dumped' Jozef?????????????!!!!! The only thing the lad had going for hiim was his niceness...now he's just turning into Steptoe on a bad day.

Check out the face of Tina when she heard Gary and Izzy talking about Tommy saying Gary fancied Tina! She looked well píssed off in the background. Typical half wit Tina..blame Tommy for this:mad:... Cop on the fcuk..it's obvious he fancies her. Now c'mon, she has to know by now. Poor Izzy:(

I was thinking of you last night Ann, with the numerous mentions of Mrs Cooperthwaite.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Yes the Rovers had a mortgage. Enough holes in that story to drive a truck through. Liked Roy, Haley and Max. It seems like David will find out about the baby daddy situation, but I am starting to doubt if Karl will be caught.
    Hope there is a brake baby stuff soon. I will really miss Haley when she goes.
    Chesney was a jerk, he was good dad when they were together, I guess the writers needed some conflict.

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    He is! Kylie asked him if he was taking it and he said yes.
    casio4 wrote: »
    Kylie asked him had he been taking his tablets and he said yeah he had taken them
    Good- otherwise I was thinking David should really change doctors! :pac:

Doesn't Stella have a mortgage over the Rovers? Have the bank just waived any repayments then? That's very understanding of them *strikes a match*

She must be dealing with Fingers or Seanie Fitzpatrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Last week Karl and nick were nearly tearing lumps out of each other, Friday night their smiling and joking in the background while Karl is ordering drinks, its just getting stupid now, too many stories that they overlap and there is no consistency.

jos28 wrote: »
    Talking of funny names, if I was Fay I'd be asking to use her Dad's name. Imagine going through school with a name like Windass :D

Big Dean Windass who played for numerous football clubs though i doubt many slagged him off during his school days. Proper hard nut :)

:rolleyes: Gail and the feckin mop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

That scene with Gary and his friends in the pub was cringe. And I'd like to think lads in real life wouldn't be so crass about their friend's partner not being able to carry a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Chucken wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Gail and the feckin mop!

Stupid scene

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Meangadh wrote: »
    That scene with Gary and his friends in the pub was cringe. And I'd like to think lads in real life wouldn't be so crass about their friend's partner not being able to carry a child.

It's like they released 4 apes from a zoo, taught them how to speak, sat them around a table and let them at it. Cringe is exactly the word.

I hope the baby is David's

• Advertisement

I hope the baby is David's

I do too but wouldn't it make it a juicier story if it's Nicks :D

Gary's back to his staring into the distance again! How will this pan out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement