Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

you missed Tina /Izzy/Gary"s Baby....see there are more than you could count....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tindie wrote: »
    Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Waterloo Road all have schedule changes in the week commencing May 26.

With the Britain's Got Talent live shows returning, Corrie moves to 9pm for the week and we get one less Emmerdale episode than usual.

Elsewhere, EastEnders changes its usual schedule for the week with a change in transmission days and some earlier starts, while Waterloo Road moves from Thursday to Wednesday.

Sunday, May 26
    9.00pm: Coronation Street

Monday, May 27
    7.00pm: Emmerdale
    No EastEnders episode tonight.

Tuesday, May 28
    7.30pm: EastEnders

Wednesday, May 29
    8.00pm: Waterloo Road
    No Coronation Street tonight.

Thursday, May 30

Friday, May 31

I can't believe people still went on this after last year winner, was not even Human and yet that Dog as more money then me!

its Crazy, my sky has 2 clashing as is on wed at 8pm now Waterloo road is going to be there too :( although where has watchdog gone?
    syklops wrote: »
    Is Waterloo Road any good?

i LOVE it, but i'd recommend you start watching it from Season 1 its way better back then, CBS drama are showing it at the moment they are on season 3, but they should go back to 1 when they are done. tv3 also show repeats of earlier seasons...

So back to Corrie....

anyone else think Carl/Leanne/the truth will be dragged out until Christmas? :(

[QUOTEanyone else think Carl/Leanne/the truth will be dragged out until Christmas? :([/QUOTE]
    Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Paul got a new jacket in london.

Rumour has it they're going to air a spin-off mini series about his loss of the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Didn't like the way Stella, Karl and the daughter turned on Gloria for wanting to keep the money for herself. It isn't her pub, it wasn't her fault it burned down and I think her point of not wanting to be a burden on anyone should she need it later in life was very valid.

Karl has some neck to go on at her, can't wait til it all comes out that it was his doing. Not fair on Sunita's kids to live with the stigma of their mother causing some-ones death by arson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Didn't like the way Stella, Karl and the daughter turned on Gloria for wanting to keep the money for herself. It isn't her pub, it wasn't her fault it burned down and I think her point of not wanting to be a burden on anyone should she need it later in life was very valid.

Gloria has been living rent free with them for how long? Stella is working as a cleaner to put food on the table, meanwhile Gloria is buying expensive jewellery with her 'nest egg'. I'd be pissed off as well. Stella has used the phrase "we are all in this together" how many times in the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Then why should Gloria turn on Leanne when leanne has 20k from the bookies she has 4 times that amount. Hypocritical much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The new rovers... looks the exact same...

article-2325556-19CFD79A000005DC-330_634x395.jpg

article-2325556-19CFD6AE000005DC-402_634x422.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

LizT wrote: »
    The new rovers... looks the exact same...

didn't they say though that it would be the exact same, just at a larger scale to make it easier for the cameras to move around as the old one was quite squished?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Gloria has been living rent free with them for how long? Stella is working as a cleaner to put food on the table, meanwhile Gloria is buying expensive jewellery with her 'nest egg'. I'd be pissed off as well. Stella has used the phrase "we are all in this together" how many times in the last few weeks?
    On top of this, one would assume that Stella would not be seeking a handout and that she would have made a plan to pay her mother back.

It also seems to me that she rolled over very easily on the whole Insurance thing. Who has their livelihood ripped from their hands and doesn't put up a fight?

In other news however..... Katie :D Yum Yum :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I may have missed it, but have we been given a reason why the insurance is not paying up?
    As far as we are supposed to know, it was arson by a deranged Sunita. I can't see what grounds the insurance would have for not paying out, though obviously the name of the game is to take your premiums and then always try squirm out of the payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

spurious wrote: »
    I may have missed it, but have we been given a reason why the insurance is not paying up?
    As far as we are supposed to know, it was arson by a deranged Sunita. I can't see what grounds the insurance would have for not paying out, though obviously the name of the game is to take your premiums and then always try squirm out of the payments.

Because the keys were left unsecured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

spurious wrote: »

The keys were not in a secure place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The keys were not in a secure place.

Heres a conundrum...if the keys were more secured, they would have been more difficult to get at in a emergancy.

It could have proved fatal in the event of a fire :o

Sorry.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

That new upholstery at t'Rovers won't take wine/beer stains very well!

mb1725 wrote: »
    That new upholstery at t'Rovers won't take wine/beer stains very well!

What will they be like after Tinas waters break? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I was just thinking about Gails mop. Surely she should have more than one mop, one for the toilet areas and one for the kitchen area, and one for the dining area?

I hope there will be no jealousy of Sylvia's new mop that she has ordered from the shopping channel.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

cofy wrote: »
    I was just thinking about Gails mop. Surely she should have more than one mop, one for the toilet areas and one for the kitchen area, and one for the dining area?

I hope there will be no jealousy of Sylvia's new mop that she has ordered from the shopping channel.:D:D:D

I thought you were thinking about Gail's mop as in her hair! :D:D:D:D

MugMugs wrote: »
    On top of this, one would assume that Stella would not be seeking a handout and that she would have made a plan to pay her mother back.

Absolutely, it would be like "Mum, your nest egg can be 40% of the profits in the Rovers. Its a good money maker, there are no other pubs in Manchester"
    It also seems to me that she rolled over very easily on the whole Insurance thing. Who has their livelihood ripped from their hands and doesn't put up a fight?

We were meant to believe she had spent many gruelling days with solicitors but we didn't see any of that. Maybe there was a mixup with the rewriting for Ken / Kevin.
    In other news however..... Katie :D Yum Yum :)

Mmmm, Katie....
    tumblr_inline_mlu2jezfdl1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cofy wrote: »

Seeing her desperate and horny she was with Lewis, I'd be afraid for anyone to handle Gail's mop :P

• Advertisement

Apparently Nigel Havers(Lewis) while playing a conman on Coronation Street got conned by an estate agent when he was renting his flat during filming. He was on Watchdog the other night talking about it. Anne Robinson was flirting shamelessly with him.

Apparently Nigel Havers(Lewis) while playing a conman on Coronation Street got conned by an estate agent when he was renting his flat during filming. He was on Watchdog the other night talking about it. Anne Robinson was flirting shamelessly with him.

80118b558f100daa08702792eb2a2e4e_vomit_gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.gif

Chucken wrote: »
    80118b558f100daa08702792eb2a2e4e_vomit_gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Absolutely, it would be like "Mum, your nest egg can be 40% of the profits in the Rovers. Its a good money maker, there are no other pubs in Manchester"

[/QUOTE
    The flying horse and the legion used to be mentioned years ago,they have'nt being mentioned in the last few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have to say I think Owen is right about Tim, Faye and Katy :o Anna needs to show tough love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Loved that scene at the end with Roy, Hayley and Sylvia. Roy and Hayley are teo of the better actors on Corrie, and regrettably they don't get enough airtime. Loved Roy's bit at the end too, harsh on Hayley but it gave a good insight into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Red Kev wrote: »
    Loved that scene at the end with Roy, Hayley and Sylvia. Roy and Hayley are teo of the better actors on Corrie, and regrettably they don't get enough airtime. Loved Roy's bit at the end too, harsh on Hayley but it gave a good insight into him.

Yeah it was a good scene.. Poor Hayley:(..she did pester him though. Seemingly Roy has a bit of a breakdown now. If his ma knew he was prone to mental illness she should've told Hayley. Then maybe she wouldn't have nagged him about the letter. I can't help it but I really can't abide her accent. At times it's so exaggerated I find it unbearable to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a good scene.. Poor Hayley:(..she did pester him though. Seemingly Roy has a bit of a breakdown now. If his ma knew he was prone to mental illness she should've told Hayley. Then maybe she wouldn't have nagged him about the letter. I can't help it but I really can't abide her accent. At times it's so exaggerated I find it unbearable to listen to.

All the Cropper scenes last night were excellent. A reminder of what Corrie used to be, before it succumbed to the lure of the sensationalist plotlines and the instant character transformations to suit them.

I loved Sylvia's line about having only a little to drink "in case you think I'm turning into Gloria Price" or words to that effect. Great stuff.

Then of course it was back to the Price Boredom and the Battle for Tina of the Giant Earrings and her baby:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement